spad

WW2 Pacific War Mod 1.1 released

After several month, this is the last Version of the Pacific War Mod (437 Mo):

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bdw66eufez24mtf/pacificV1.1.rar?dl=0

Please Read the Readme for Credits, Installation and Use.

The mod comes with 9 missions (fully tested) for Anzac, USMC, Japan Forces, US airforce and experimental japan fighter

The island RABAUL was made for this mod with the Sebnam object

All the Soldier use the Upminder WW2_weapon pack

I put this two pbo in the released i thanks the creator of this two Pbo for having made so great addons for OFP communauty.

Have Fun

Edited by spad

Merci ! I've DLed it and i'll try it ASAP :) Didn't know that Japanese had experimental jet fighter !

the japanese had ton of experimental aircraft and tank, some of them were extremely good and better than Us airforce fighter but, too late for them

by the way if someone know a good script for the aircraft carrier, i need one for landing the plane safely, i made this Akagi as an empty object, you can land on it but it is hard and most of the time you crash the plane. PS all the plane on the deck were set with the setpos in the editor and the Akagi is not yet in the mod Version 1.1

410869akagi.jpg

Edited by spad
  • Like 1

Great work and I loved especially the planes but the scale is too small. Here are a few examples for comparison.

I hope this helps

i resize most of the planes, except bomber just add this pbo to the addons pacifc mod folder to see if they are better :).

they are in the new download link

Edited by spad

Wow, that was fast. Great fix, your models are even more enjoyable now. The heavy bombers didn't seem to need fixing. Bravo, du beau travail.

Hi Spad,

Your dropbox link is dead :(

Hi Spad,

Your dropbox link is dead :(

yes dropbox has trouble, I reupload it and add a new link ASAP

---------- Post added at 09:24 ---------- Previous post was at 07:40 ----------

New link added with new plane size and some fixe (thank to people who report to me the different small bugs :) )

Edited by spad

Hey Spad,how can I be one of turret gunners on b29? and I am missing some scripts for it actionstation.sqs

Great mod though there's tons of room for improvement, such as gun sound effects, american tanks and there's a weird bug where black guys hands are white.

no you can't be a gunner in a B29 or b24 it is just for AI sorry, i made this only to show that it is possible to have several turret on a plane but it is not very good for the moment with this system. And thanks for the actionstation bugs i will correct it right now fortunaly you can play the B24 without the script with the B24 AI choice.

---------- Post added at 22:51 ---------- Previous post was at 22:48 ----------

Great mod though there's tons of room for improvement, such as gun sound effects, american tanks and there's a weird bug where black guys hands are white.

i haven't seen this bugs for the black guys, well done, but for the moment i don't see how to solve this problem. I am still fighting against the different small bugs and it is very long (it is still a beta) but now you can play with something instead of waiting for month :).

Edited by spad

most of the reported bugs (except the white hand sorry) have been corrected.

i manage to perform a true aircraft carrier for aerial operation i use the script of Hawk for his Nimitz landing sequence.

check a landing and a take off from the AKAGI aircraft carrier, enjoy :

like the real one, no catapult so be sure to have enough taking off distance before diving in the sea

Hey Spad.How're you?That's quite a bit of work you've been doing there. :)

If the arms/hands use part of a face texture,check to see if they're included in the "osobnost" selection.

Hey Spad.How're you?That's quite a bit of work you've been doing there. :)

If the arms/hands use part of a face texture,check to see if they're included in the "osobnost" selection.

hey maczer :) , yes i suppose it is a texture definition to be corrected, i will see thanks for the tips. I hope to test your SM soon :)

Nice mod. Are tanks with flamethrowers a consideration?

Nice mod. Are tanks with flamethrowers a consideration?

It is a good idea but i don't know if a flame thrower can be mount on a vehicule, i 'd like toi make a sherman with that kind of weapon but only a scripter can answer to that question.

Pacific Mod has more updates - it's currently at 1.12 version - prolly increase from here.

Too many changes to list atm - but an important one to point out - Japanese units now have Japanese faces.

It's still WIP atm as the face I've created is "under construction" very close to being done.

The completed image will be used as my template to make more faces.

The goal of the faces for Japanese is to have 50 soldiers in game and have very few redundant faces present.

A campaign is underway with the Japanese point of view.

Japanese vs. US Marines - Non-Historical. Jungle Everon - 5 missions completed thus far.

Of course all efforts are under "real life first" principal.

hope to see some screen soon

Edited by spad

The latest images - the Japs and Ghurkas.

see images below.

Still WIP - as sailor needs retexture.

Edited by WW2Weasel

the japs:

233251jap1.png

and the gurkhas:

328525Ghurka.png

• Like 1

some news

WW2WEASEL still working on indian regiment, sikh units, chindits and the new campaign:

173473sik.jpg

733235sik2.jpg

423402sik3.jpg

247584sik4.jpg

all units has specific face (more than 50)

• Like 1