noubernou

ACE3 - A collaborative merger between AGM, CSE, and ACE

love that suits :)

---------- Post added at 09:37 ---------- Previous post was at 09:31 ----------

Frequency Inhibitors could be nice too!

unable to talk with your teammates through radio because of the enemy frecuency inhibitor. :butbut:

sorry for my frequent posting... but i´ve got a lot of idead for this mod :bounce3::bounce3::bounce3:

The server folder in optionals is a pbo only used on the server side; same with the files in the userconfig folder. If you use the server pbo, you will require the userconfig folder on your server. Clients will require neither (and shouldn't want to use the server pbo or userconfig files at all).

It is meant as an easy way to adjust all and any ACE setting for all missions on a server. Documentation on the server config and settings framework is not yet written but I imaging that will be sometime soon.

Thank you for clarification. So if I run the server.pbo only on server with also userconfig I will be able to equal all options to same on all clients connecting? Like advanced or basic medical/balistic, etc?

Thank you for clarification. So if I run the server.pbo only on server with also userconfig I will be able to equal all options to same on all clients connecting? Like advanced or basic medical/balistic, etc?

Yes, you will be able to force any ACE setting through it.

Is it possible to bind interaction keys? I want to use:

Left windows key - Self interaction menu

Left windows key + Left Ctrl - Interaction menu

Or it is impossible at current stage?

Answer: Settings - Controls - Configure addons (right bottom corner)

Hello we get this error message: No entry 'bin \ config.bin / CfgAmmo / ACE_762x54_Ball_7T2.cartridge'. when we go to the server. our mods, as required by ACE: ACE and CBA_A3

Do you have a solution?

Or a link from the current unoffizellen ACE3 version?

Sorry written using the Google translator.

MFG Marko

Clanleader GQRF

Carrying a box looks like telekinesis... which, it pretty much is. Would you guys consider a holding animation for picking things up?

Carrying a box looks like telekinesis... which, it pretty much is. Would you guys consider a holding animation for picking things up?

+1

I very much agree. I think that people should be given at least some indication that a person is carrying something. even if it isn't a very good animation.

Here is a very very detailed and well thought out diagram of why this is necessary.

http://i.imgur.com/2aoDA2I.png?1

Are you guys serious?

A animation for caring things is the most stupid thing I've ever heard. Why would you want that? Because its arma its going to look ridiculous making people complain. Never the less there is definitely no enhancement in any way. Just a stupid, bad looking little gimmick.

Are you guys serious?

A animation for caring things is the most stupid thing I've ever heard. Why would you want that? Because its arma its going to look ridiculous making people complain. Never the less there is definitely no enhancement in any way. Just a stupid, bad looking little gimmick.

I think the term you're looking for (read: groping in the dark for) is 'immersion'

one question i think hasn't been asked yet: are ther plans to make laying down with launcher possible again? personally for me one of the most important features in ace2 :)

one question i think hasn't been asked yet: are ther plans to make laying down with launcher possible again? personally for me one of the most important features in ace2 :)

Definitely been missing this since Arma 3.

Are you guys serious?

... Well you know what, let's get rid of the reloading animation then, we'll have the mags feed themselves into the rifle without any hand interaction. Same thing with the box floating I front of you. I mean, it can't be that hard, your arms are just an L shape parallel, place the box in between... It's better than swinging arms with a box beating you to your destination by a couple feet, no?

I mean, it can't be that hard, your arms are just an L shape parallel, place the box in between... It's better than swinging arms with a box beating you to your destination by a couple feet, no?

then by all means, please make an animation for this box...seems you got all figured out, surely can't be that hard for you..

... Well you know what, let's get rid of the reloading animation then, we'll have the mags feed themselves into the rifle without any hand interaction. Same thing with the box floating I front of you. I mean, it can't be that hard, your arms are just an L shape parallel, place the box in between... It's better than swinging arms with a box beating you to your destination by a couple feet, no?

Pretty much what Pufu says.

Animation in Arma is a nightmare. There's probably well over 100 animations you would need to connect and interpolate it to. Plus you would probably need a few different poses so it doesn't look stupid with the many and varied shapes you would have to carry.

Plus you need to actually make the rtm and get it into Arma (good luck with that). It's all very well for people to suggest these sorts of things but sometimes they don't understand the magnitude of what they ask for. If it was that easy, they would have added it in already.

It's like a lot of requests on dev branch. Unrealistic expectations of what can be done.

Pretty much what Pufu says.

Animation in Arma is a nightmare. There's probably well over 100 animations you would need to connect and interpolate it to. Plus you would probably need a few different poses so it doesn't look stupid with the many and varied shapes you would have to carry.

Plus you need to actually make the rtm and get it into Arma (good luck with that). It's all very well for people to suggest these sorts of things but sometimes they don't understand the magnitude of what they ask for. If it was that easy, they would have added it in already.

It's like a lot of requests on dev branch. Unrealistic expectations of what can be done.

Your right. I guess I went a little over by saying it wasn't that hard, knowing that Arma and Animations don't go well together to begin with. But saying it's stupid to make animations, not entirely true. Granted, if I had the time, I'd probably try to learn and come up with some kind of animation in that regard. I was thinking that they could use one placeholder animation, arms in a nap shape, palms facing inwards.

Fair enough but pls re-read my post. I didn't say it's stupid to make the animations. More that it takes work to make them look good (and not silly).

If it was that easy, they would have added it in already.

This. The reason carrying was not in AGM (only dragging) was, that there was no carrying animation available. But I guess ppl complain either way.

I'd also like to get rid of reloading while dragging or carrying. And BI even made a config entry in the animations to do that. Problem is, that it no longer does anything in A3, so I'm kinda helpless trying to solve that.

Carryanimations could be tweaked later perhaps? Many people would like to use that, in ACE2 there where also no god like animations for that but we love it to carry stuff around with 2 people.

Reloading problem? Perhaps to get "carry" option you need to set your weapon with "0" on your back? I dont like to carry or drag stuff around while my weapon is swinging around in front of me ;)

I'd rather have the feature to carry without animations than no feature at all. I'd say we drop the topic of carrying animations and move on with life.

Commy2, do you have a ticket opened?

It tried it a few days ago with the PWS/Armaholic unofficial release by MikeTim and it does work. Plant a IED and then you will get a code. Call that number (the code) with the cellphone, and boom.

How and where do I find the IED?

if anyone is interested I'm building ACE3 everyday to test new features and changes/fixes.

You can find my latest build here ;)

https://mega.co.nz/#F!F5QnDT5K!C4SXTTRKlMSzQbl76s07Qg

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B79tYxP6-NhyfjVXWWpKV0tUNExGVWhOandlanl1UnZfaEcyZGJqeE5LSHJFMVNTU0xpLVk&usp=sharing

Edited by ramius86

ramius86: Thank you. Been trying to build it myself but for some reason I can't get it to work.

Edit: Wait a second? I have to register and install browser extension to download from that site? No thanks...

Edit2: Many thanks for adding google-drive link.

Edited by Brisse

ramius86: Thank you. Been trying to build it myself but for some reason I can't get it to work.

Edit: Wait a second? I have to register and install browser extension to download from that site? No thanks...

there's no need for registration and install anything, are you sure you dont have sort of malware or something?

Simply double click and download will start http://i.imgur.com/UhF0J4Q.png

Btw I've added also google drive https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B79tYxP6-NhyfjVXWWpKV0tUNExGVWhOandlanl1UnZfaEcyZGJqeE5LSHJFMVNTU0xpLVk&usp=sharing

Edited by ramius86

Just got a chance to try out ace 3 (non official release(. its damn fine. but a fps eater right now. got high hopes for this. keep on revolutionising a3!