noubernou

ACE3 - A collaborative merger between AGM, CSE, and ACE

like they said up there, anyone with scripting knowledge can fix AGM, so both are equally likely

I am curious if you are going to fix the awfully broken hit animations?

And if you are really going to improve the thermal vision in the game? The flawed integration of thermals has bugged me since the release of the alpha.

Also, are you going to improve the explosion effects? Something similar to what we had in ACE Arma 2?

Looking forward to your release!

Best regards.

Wait ace 2 had visual enhancements included ?

Is that why bullet impacts somehow looked better to me while playing ace ?

Sorry if this has been asked, but can someone elaborate on the weather feature? I thought it was already synced between clients. I am wondering if there will be any noticeable enhancement to it. More dynamic fog, rain that rolls across the environment, with varying effects on your goggles or eye protection. Also, will having eye protection a point? In AGM all it served was a couple visual differences based on situations or type of eyewear. Why wear it and possibly suffer from some visual obstruction when you can wear none and be fine. Maybe make a module that makes it where not wearing eye pro has drawbacks, like rain causing some blurring or something, permanent visual obstruction after being near an explosion. This might be taking the realism too far, but I think it would be a neat feature to have.

Edit: Also, does the no talking player avatar mean our ingame character will no longer move their mouth when they speak? Why remove that? When I am in a unit op, I have snuck up on a group of people, and heard the persons voice and saw their mouth moving which let me identify the right target. Or sitting on a hill watching players mix with ai walk around. The factor that helped me spot them was the fact they wouldn't stop talking.

Edited by Dragonblade117

This might be taking the realism too far, but I think it would be a neat feature to have.

No such thing broseph. More realism the better.

Edit: Also, does the no talking player avatar mean our ingame character will no longer move their mouth when they speak? Why remove that? When I am in a unit op, I have snuck up on a group of people, and heard the persons voice and saw their mouth moving which let me identify the right target. Or sitting on a hill watching players mix with ai walk around. The factor that helped me spot them was the fact they wouldn't stop talking.

Pretty sure it means that players won't automatically radio contacts or status reports like "LOW AMMO" and the like.

Pretty sure it means that players won't automatically radio contacts or status reports like "LOW AMMO" and the like.

Doesn't seem quite right.. it's an odd way of wording it if they meant no more spontaneous radio chatter. Lips moving is a rather specific thing, kind of curious myself as to why that would be removed, but ACE will be modular so perhaps it will be an easy remove.

So should we be smashing our F5 keys right now or do we have to wait a few more days?

So should we be smashing our F5 keys right now or do we have to wait a few more days?

Patience broseph It will all be worth it I have faith.

Sorry if this has been asked, but can someone elaborate on the weather feature? I thought it was already synced between clients. I am wondering if there will be any noticeable enhancement to it. More dynamic fog, rain that rolls across the environment, with varying effects on your goggles or eye protection.

Weather synchronization in ArmA3 is actually, in fact, horribly horribly broken. As is just the weather in-and-of-itself, let alone over the network. It does not stay consistent locally, let alone networked. Additionally, ArmA does not provide the full set of weather parameters we want. We have had to re-work the entire weather system ourselves to appropriately correct it across all clients, and to keep things in sync. It was the source of about 5 days of attempted suicides of multiple ACE developers to get it working.

In a nutshell - we fixed weather.

Weather synchronization in ArmA3 is actually, in fact, horribly horribly broken. As is just the weather in-and-of-itself, let alone over the network. It does not stay consistent locally, let alone networked. Additionally, ArmA does not provide the full set of weather parameters we want. We have had to re-work the entire weather system ourselves to appropriately correct it across all clients, and to keep things in sync. It was the source of about 5 days of attempted suicides of multiple ACE developers to get it working.

Flummi has never failed to entertain me in the TS. I'm glad to know that this behaviour is shared atleast in someway inside the whole ace team. Unfortunatly its not possible for me to play Arma III active . However I really enjoy to follow all developments inside the Arma III scene - especally AGM or now ACE - making me look forward for my active phase in two years.

i had the same experience when making a weather script for my missions. looking forward to the ace version

What effect will the weather have on gameplay ?

Will it affect gun ballistics ? missile trajectories, mortar trajectories ? etc

Doesn't seem quite right.. it's an odd way of wording it if they meant no more spontaneous radio chatter. Lips moving is a rather specific thing, kind of curious myself as to why that would be removed, but ACE will be modular so perhaps it will be an easy remove.

All it means is that the player controlled unit no longer talks on it's own. This makes absolutely no sense in COOP. Even worse is, that this way the avatar will spot enemies and 100% accurately report where and how far away they are. This can all be prevented now.

commy2;2916387']All it means is that the player controlled unit no longer talks on it's own. This makes absolutely no sense in COOP. Even worse is' date=' that this way the avatar will spot enemies and 100% accurately report where and how far away they are. This can all be prevented now.[/quote']

AGM have a NO VOICE in VA,and could do that.And maybe ACE3 would also use this?

I don't know to which extend ACE can modify the game, but would it be possible to fix the rotation axis of the player described in these 2 tickets?

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=18947

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=19487

I think this is ATM the most annoying problem with ArmA, at least in CQB... I don't understand why they did it in the first place...

I don't know to which extend ACE can modify the game, but would it be possible to fix the rotation axis of the player described in these 2 tickets?

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=18947

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=19487

I think this is ATM the most annoying problem with ArmA, at least in CQB... I don't understand why they did it in the first place...

That's seems mostly a game engine issue.That's not mean this issue can't be fixed,but to fix it would let a lot thing changed in ARMA3 and may cause more bugs and issues 'cuz I think not only the objects have to be changed but also the units in ARMA3 have to.Only my own opinion.

The amount of people throwing in random stuff and expecting the team to rebuild ArmA is too damn high.

That's seems mostly a game engine issue.That's not mean this issue can't be fixed,but to fix it would let a lot thing changed in ARMA3 and may cause more bugs and issues 'cuz I think not only the objects have to be changed but also the units in ARMA3 have to.Only my own opinion.

That's why I asked if it's possible, not requested that as a feature... 'cuz I don't know if it's possible to change it and if it would bring problems...

The amount of people throwing in random stuff and expecting the team to rebuild ArmA is too damn high.

Welcome to the ArmA community, you must be new here lol.

Every mod-thread ever.

Great! Looking forward to the release. Thanks to all participants, especially for joining into one team instead of having 3 teams working on 3 different mods :)

Just one thing... release it soon :D Just joking, take your time and release when it´s done.

As AGM thread is closed, where is possible to have infos about AGM compatibility with the last arma update?