noubernou

ACE3 - A collaborative merger between AGM, CSE, and ACE

My community has been using CSE since day one and we tried AGM but we disliked the simplicity of the medical. The medical system was perfect in my eyes and are medical staff knew when someone was saveable or not. Also the map module thing is not that intimidating if you tinker with it and such, even ACE2 had them and majority of the time you just place them with default values and your good.

I feel this is appropriate :-

ACE3 be more AGM o CSE system? CSE is based in moduls placed on editor. I not like this system, this create a dependence of editor job. And AGM use an addon system, this is more easy for use.

Regarding ACE 3 settings system, it is a completely new. It's probably a bit more similar to the one of AGM that to that of CSE, but hopefully customizable enough to suit all needs.

Of the many features ACE3 contains, about 75% are on by default; those we feel are "core" to the ACE3 experience; however, many of those features are configurable through mission modules (to turn them on/off or change important parameters). There are a also a huge amount of advanced setting that can be modified too, even if they are not available through modules.

All settings can be customized at server level (by the server userconfig file) and at mission level (on the description.ext file or on mission modules). There are a lot of client preferences too, accesible through an ingame menu. However, the server or community admin or mission creator can lock any or all of them to create tight custom experiences.

The way the system works is designed so that:

1 - MilSim communities can create a settings userconfig for their servers, and have completely standarized missions without having to worry again. Same for public server admins.

2 - Mission makers can tailor the experience as much as possible (within the leeway provided by the server)

3 - Players can tweak many usability preferences themselves (those that don't give extra advantages; again server or mission maker can chose to limit those options too).

Unfortunately there are still some features that are not tweakable while the game is running (cause they depend on config modifications). Those can be modified by either adding/removing pbos (modular system) or maintaining a custom ACE3 source version.

I'm glad that A.C.E. will be back in ArmA.

I hoped to read that news since a long time and now i'm looking forward to the release.

Thank you for the huge sacrifice of freetime you all spend to make A.C.E.3. But with your big effort the wish of so many armaveterans will come true :)

regards

moerderhoschi

How many people are = working with ACE 3? Not talking about AGM or CSE , just ACE?

Similar like with ACE 2 or less?

Edited by Nikiforos

A combo of AGM and CSE combined with some of the older ACE features will be great. Can't wait for the advanced artillery modules.

Please don't be an elaborate April Fools, our hearts cannot take it! lol good luck.

AGM handled it well. By default in vanilla, all Arma infantrymen get a mandatory FAK. Whenever AGM detected a FAK in a units inventory, it split that up into some morphine and bandages. Lack of basic medical equipment like that shouldn't be an issue if the ACE3 medical system treats them similarly.

Luckily the new inventory handling in Arma 3 makes this possible. Arma 2 had a lot of problems with that.

How many people are = working with ACE 3? Not talking about AGM or CSE , just ACE?

Similar like with ACE 2 or less?

2-3 people I believe. Nou, Jaynus and maybe ViperMaul? I'm sure the announcement will attract more!

Since I am being inundated with requests for joining the ACE team and to be test groups I thought we should clarify how that is going to work. :) The same information is on the first post as well now.

Working With Us

ACE3 is going to be entirely open source, and when we release the GitHub URL to the public you will be able to pull the code and suggest your own merges and fixes. If you are interested in working with us get involved, if you are regularly suggesting and committing features and bug fixes to us that we accept then you'll probably get asked to join the team officially. If you aren't doing work directly on ACE3, keep at it. We are alway scouting the best talent in this community and looking to mature good projects by bringing individuals and teams officially on board with us!

Test Groups

We already have a number of test groups lined up and currently we are not looking for suggestions on new groups. In the future if we need more active testing we'll be sure to announce it, and do not forget that, again, because ACE3 is open source, you'll be able to pull the latest commits and build the mod yourself, for you or your group!

If I haven't replied to you directly, my apologies! The excitement for this is truly staggering!

2-3 people I believe. Nou, Jaynus and maybe ViperMaul? I'm sure the announcement will attract more!

More than that! Glowbal and his few CSE compatriots as well as the AGM dev team, plus some of the ACE2 guys.

Best of luck everyone. This was a very sensible step, and I was happy about it from the moment I heard. Quite surprised everyone managed to keep it under wraps until the announcement!

Looking forward to testing this with the 16AA.

More than that! Glowbal and his few CSE compatriots as well as the AGM dev team, plus some of the ACE2 guys.

Best of luck everyone. This was a very sensible step, and I was happy about it from the moment I heard. Quite surprised everyone managed to keep it under wraps until the announcement!

Looking forward to testing this with the 16AA.

He was referring to the standalone ACE 3 team, not any devs from CSE or AGM

He was referring to the standalone ACE 3 team, not any devs from CSE or AGM

There are no CSE or AGM devs anymore. They are all ACE3 devs. AGM and CSE are closed.

The biggest April Fools Day joke was that there was no joke.

I am very excited about the coming of ACE, and please don't take me as that kind of guy when I ask, is ACE going to be adding back/officially teaming up with content creators? It would be awesome having the units back, etc.

There are no CSE or AGM devs anymore. They are all ACE3 devs. AGM and CSE are closed.

Amazing

Very exciting stuff, us over at the 6th Airborne are definitely looking forward to using this!

ACE3 is going to be entirely open source, and when we release the GitHub URL to the public you will be able to pull the code and suggest your own merges and fixes.

Can't wait :butbut:

So Time to open up the Public Slack from ACE3.

If you want to get an invite to the chat message me your Mail Adress here via PM.

We use slack for our developer coordination and chat. You'll need to either use the slack web client, or install the desktop client if you wish. Please keep the chat in ace3public ACE related, but feel free to ask questions and discussion things with us.

There is also the Team Internal Slack so please dont expect to much.

PLEASE KEEP FEATURE REQUESTS AND SPECULATION TO A MINIMUM

With bananas

the ACE3 Team

I am so psyched. Hell yeah!

Question. In the intro, when he goes up to the guy, you notice this very robust 3D interface that provides quick interaction. I was wondering if this same feature would be available for say vehicles. What I mean is when you hop in say, a hunter, will it be just forward key starts engine and it's off you go, or will there be better, more realistic vehicle interaction, such as look at the ignition, start the engine, and then go?

rocko is working for ACE3?

He had a awesome works for ACE2.

Would really like to see an m777 added with the same level of detail as the m119 from ace 2 since we are able to play on maps like altis