noubernou

ACE3 - A collaborative merger between AGM, CSE, and ACE

I'm a total noob, can I get a detail install guide, this mod look amazing I just can't seem to figure out how to get it to work. I need some instructions.:o

It's not released yet. There will probably be a guide when the mod gets released.

Commy and Jaynus kindly explained the syntax of CBA macros to me a few days ago. However, I am still struggling to find out the exact variable names for the advanced medic system to define an empty vehicle as medicalVehicle and an empty object as medicalFacility in their init lines... must be something like:

if (isServer) then {this setVariable ["ace_medical_???",???,true]}; 

I am asking for this mainly because I don't want to rely on modules, which can be a problem for JIP. Leaving the medVehicle module unsynced and just adding a list of vehicles to it, didn't work for me... (assuming I just have to add the vehicle names in the "list" line: medcar1, medcar2, medcar3).

Also I'm having some difficulties to understand how PAKs (personal aid kits) are intended to work/being used in ACE3.

I noticed there is no way to restrict the use of PAKs other than locations. In CSE there has been a "not bleeding" option in the module, so the patient had at least to be completely bandaged before someone could use the "magic" one click healkit on him.

IIRC, in CSE the PAK was the only way to wake up an unconscious patient. With the adv. ACE3 system it seems that any patient that is not bleeding, not in pain, and is within noncritical vital parameters will automatically wake up from unconsciousness, right?

Can one build a current trial and offer them for download ? I can not get to bring ace3 run on the server to .

Edited by Marko_GQRF

snip

Vehicles and medics are marked with ace_medical_medicClass

Facilities are marked with ace_medical_isMedicalFacility

Vehicles and medics are marked with ace_medical_medicClass

Facilities are marked with ace_medical_isMedicalFacility

Thx for the reply! I just did a quick test:

I am able to define a playable unit as medic:

if (local this) then {this setvariable ["ACE_medical_medicClass", 1];};

I am also able to define an object as medical facility:

if (isServer) then {this setVariable ["ace_medical_isMedicalFacility", true];};

(Doesn't seem to be necessary to make the variable public by adding a "true" as third array parameter, right?)

But I still had no success defining an empty vehicle as medical vehicle. I have tried:

if (isServer) then {this setvariable ["ACE_medical_medicClass", 1];};

and

if (isServer) then {this setvariable ["ACE_medical_medicClass", true];};

to no avail.

Maybe I completely misunderstood the sense and use of medical vehicles so far?!

By setting "Locations PAK" in the Advanced Medical Settings module to "Vehicle" I'd expect PAKs to work only in close proximity to any (empty) vehicle that is defined as medical vehicle. Perhaps someone could explain the purpose of having "medical vehicles" in general?

Short answer: magic

Long answer: if you want, hop on the public slack and I'll give you some pointer into understanding the code.

Public slack?

By setting "Locations PAK" in the Advanced Medical Settings module to "Vehicle" I'd expect PAKs to work only in close proximity to any (empty) vehicle that is defined as medical vehicle. Perhaps someone could explain the purpose of having "medical vehicles" in general?

In AGM there were medical vehicles and mobile hospitals iirc, the medical vehicles stopped the patient from bleeding out while they are loaded inside. The mobile hospitals were for missions where instead of med evac to base to treat players, you could do so in the field close to those vehicles.

They had to be synced to the medical module.

https://github.com/acemod/ACE3/blob/master/addons/medical/functions/fnc_isMedicalVehicle.sqf

https://github.com/acemod/ACE3/blob/master/addons/medical/functions/fnc_moduleAssignMedicalFacility.sqf

Try:

if (isServer) then {this setvariable ["ACE_medical_isMedic", 1];};

In AGM [...] medical vehicles stopped the patient from bleeding out while [... mobile ...] hospitals were for missions where instead of med evac to base to treat players [...] in the field.

Thanks for the reply, David!

Apparently my codeline

if (isServer) then {this setVariable ["ace_medical_medicClass", 1];};

was correct. I have already verified this with a synced module and debug console -> getVariable ["ACE_medical_isMedic"] to see the value for the synced vehicle (== 1).

So it looks like my vehicle is correctly setup as a "medical Vehicle". However I am not able to use a personal aid kit on a patient next to it (or inside it), despite having set the "Locations PAK" option in the "Advanced Medical Settings" module to "Vehicle" or "Vehicle & Facility". This is what confuses me. Maybe this feature is not working yet. I guess I will simply define my vehicles as "medical Facility" instead. Though I will test if a medical vehicle in ACE3 advanced medic system will stop a patient sitting in it from bleeding out.

Edited by Grollig

David is correct, it is meant to be "ace_medical_isMedic". Already submitted a PR to fix the module (just a typo in the sqf, no biggie). The rest of the medical vehicle functions are using isMedic.

Scratch that, other way around. The other functions need updating and it is ace_medical_medicClass

Edited by SilentSpike

Thx Spike! I was already following your PR on GitHub.

With my current scripting knowledge I can read and understand a good part of the code in those functions, but many things are still far beyond my scope.

I am willing to learn... as much as my time allows. So let's see if I got this right:

The "Set Medical Vehicle" module was setting the variable "ace_medical_medicClass", while the other two functions were checking for "ace_medical_isMedical" ... correct?

Therefore the vehicle could never be validated as medical Vehicle, so the "use PAK" option was not available... correct?

Note if you use this:

if (isServer) then {this setVariable ["ace_medical_medicClass", 1];};

You want to also add the public flag;

if (isServer) then {this setVariable ["ace_medical_medicClass", 1, true];};

Assuming you do this through the mission init field for objects, you could also use this:

this setVariable ["ace_medical_medicClass", 1];

The variable needs to be set on all localities/clients, otherwise it may not work reliably.

It's not released yet. There will probably be a guide when the mod gets released.

Oh:o, "total noob" thanks. I can't wait to play with ACE 3 it looks incredible.

it is great addon ever, and i have a question.

In advenced medical, What funtion the surgical kit have? i tried it serveral times but it makes no sense

Any plans on the CCIP / CCRP system become part of ACE3?

The system has already been developed for ArmA 3 by Xendance and modified (and maintaining?) by eRazeri.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?179025-CCIP-script-for-aircrafts

https://github.com/eRazeri/CCIP

Would be awesome to see this being part of ACE3 with a proper implementation restricted to the actual HUD display area of the cockpit.

Would be awesome to see this being part of ACE3 with a proper implementation restricted to the actual HUD display area of the cockpit.

I would love to see that, I honestly don't understand why BIS doesn't impliment this stuff themselves.

The system has already been developed for ArmA 3 by Xendance and modified (and maintaining?) by eRazeri.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?179025-CCIP-script-for-aircrafts

https://github.com/eRazeri/CCIP

All ACE2 features are planned for implementation until otherwise stated. Says that in the original post. It'll come eventually.

---------- Post added at 09:40 ---------- Previous post was at 09:28 ----------

I just want to say that I love the new interaction menu, I think it's revolutionary, dynamic, more interactive and it's faster to use actions with it. I think some people are just afraid of big changes. Good work!

There's no way something that requires you to hover over an action to get it to trigger is faster than one that is static, where you expect it to be, and lets you click to the next thing without delay.

It could be everything you say some day. But they need to work a lot on it. Make it scale-able, make occlusion smarter, allow us to focus input on the interface instead of shooting when in the menu. If they aren't going to support the old (IMO superior, I could give a flying repopulating rabbit horde about flashy and cool I just want functional and constant and predictable. IMO, nothing natural about heaving your clumsy ArmA avatar around to get in the right inch of grass to be able to treat a leg wound, or the way that self medical is organized even more so) way of doing things I hope they at least get this one to a point where it's more responsive and less finicky.

In terms of interacting with the environment and objects around the player, I think it's awesome. I just don't like how things are done for things like Medical and self interactions. I will be very curious to see what the interface feels and looks like at the first official release.

[...] The variable needs to be set on all localities/clients, otherwise it may not work reliably.

Thank you for taking the time to point this out! I am aware of the public flag, and I assume that I will have to set it for most, if not all ACE variables, when setting things up without the modules. Will have a dedicated server testenviroment running shortly to properly check for any locality issues myself. Keep up the good work! ACE3 is going to be great!

twelve days later, soon tm Why even bother giving out dates if you can't keep to them, should have just not mentioned it. it's like someone who in reality says they are going to do something and don't do it. One's word is the only thing one really has, and every one hates unreliable people.

twelve days later, soon tm Why even bother giving out dates if you can't keep to them, should have just not mentioned it. it's like someone who in reality says they are going to do something and don't do it. One's word is the only thing one really has, and every one hates unreliable people.

Calm down it will be ready when its ready. I am using a version from over a week ago and it is working great. If you are in a rush to use it then get the development build

Just a reminder that the work these guys having been putting in, in some cases for more than 10 years, is not something they get paid for. They volunteer their time and their skill free of charge to make this game something really special. Complaining that your free mod isn't ready yet, hasn't been delivered free of charge "on time" smacks of the lowest kind of nit-picking.

I only point this out so the guys working on this mod know that their work and skill is appreciated. I will be happy to use their hard work when it's ready - whenever that is - and I won't complain about deadlines.

You seem like a nice person.

Milestone dates aren't deadlines, they're working hard to provide us with a great mod, free of charge, and you're sitting here complaining about them not working fast enough. If you want it ASAP just build it yourself.

Off topic and spam "asking for news, when is out?" posts removed. The mod developers will release when its ready, any more posts of a similar nature will face the appropriate punishment - Thanks

Edited by R0adki11

While it is a bit disappointing to see that ACE3 was pushed back by two weeks, they were planning on releasing it last Wednesday but then the 1.44 patch came out which pushed everything back. Looking at the Github, it seems the 3.0 branch commits are winding down and currently the 3.0 milestone is 100% complete. You never know though because the next time you look at it, five issues pop up. I would rather them wait and iron out the bugs for a nice polished release than release a buggy mess. The release seems to be very soon though and hopefully a dev can confirm or deny that.