noubernou

ACE3 - A collaborative merger between AGM, CSE, and ACE

Maybe jsrs team? or is a single man project? dont remember

No. This will never happen.

Sound engine is in a such a state a flux, would be nuts to build a new sound mod now. I like Mega's stuff but am most excited for where the BI audio team is headed.

so ACE3 since 1.44 delayed?

Can not wait release 3.0.0 :yay: :yay: :yay:

Are there any plans for an ACE 3 SM? I really liked the ACE sound mod in Arma 2. Perhaps ACE could approach LordJarHead? (*Crosses fingers*)

He threw another hissy fit because BI didn't give him a job, closed his mods thread and left. Just like he said he was going to do if Bi didn't hire him, maybe if he wanted to get a job with them so badly he should have gotten an education, and a degree to be a sound engineer. I wouldn't hire someone with no credentials either. Boo hoo, so now he's taking it out on all of us who enjoy JSRS.

ACSE is still in the works. Sit tight.

To multiply is a rabbit's core business....

As long as nobody gets the brilliant idea to give them guns, we should be alright.

He threw another hissy fit because BI didn't give him a job, closed his mods thread and left. Just like he said he was going to do if Bi didn't hire him, maybe if he wanted to get a job with them so badly he should have gotten an education, and a degree to be a sound engineer. I wouldn't hire someone with no credentials either. Boo hoo, so now he's taking it out on all of us who enjoy JSRS.

Sorry to say, but this is BS. He had to step away due to personal reasons--both financial (i.e. find work to keep a roof over his head and food for nourishment) and health reasons. Not to mention as someone who is friends with him and spoke privately about the goings on between BIS and him, I can tell you wholeheartedly you really have no clue what the hell you're talking about at all. Beside that is the fact that us modders don't owe people like you anything, we especially don't owe you prying into our personal lives and what goes on behind the scenes. Either way, after your post, it's quite clear your name certainly fits you. :rolleyes:

Regardless, I doubt cooperation between ACE and JSRS for an ACE 3 Soundmod would have even been feasible even if Dennis didn't need to step away from the modding scene temporarily. People would only complain and moan and annoy two teams, plus different teams have their own visions for how they want things.

tpM has said ACSE is still in the works, plus BIS is slowly improving their sounds and really interesting to watch and see what they do in the future. Besides, if we see ACE3 weapon packs or something in the far future, there's nothing stopping sound modders from supporting those sounds, so it's not like the community is missing out however which way you look at it. Sound modders can still support ACE3, tpM still working on ACSE, BIS improving their own sounds, etc. It all works itself out. The most important thing to focus on in my opinion is the core features of ACE3--which I'm already impressed by. Especially love the pip optics system. :)

This thread is not about JSRS. Please leave that discussion to another thread.

Off topic posts removed, please return to the topic about ACE.

I like very much the interaction menu and I'm trying to understand how it works but there are lot of things I din't understand.

Someone can help me and explain step by step what happen from the push of the key until its release?

I was looking at the last 5 Issues for the 3.0.0 release and 4 of them seem ready for closing. The German translation fixes seems to be the last one. So close...

I am testing an unofficial version 3.0.0 seems to work most things, but the explosives module when loading mission in single player receive this message when you start the mission. "[error loading explosives module fnc_explosives module error]" I have placed several explosives and seems to work well

any idea why this error?

This happens to someone else?

I am testing an unofficial version 3.0.0 seems to work most things, but the explosives module when loading mission in single player receive this message when you start the mission. "[error loading explosives module fnc_explosives module error]" I have placed several explosives and seems to work well

any idea why this error?

This happens to someone else?

We have not officially optimized much for saved game handling yet. Feel free to file a ticket on the tracker (please follow the submission guidelines: https://github.com/acemod/ACE3/blob/master/documentation/user/how-to-report-an-issue.md)

This is a minor thing, but medical supplies are spread out at very large distances when treating someone. This is facing away from where 3 people were treated for wounds. You might already be aware of this, but anyway.

fhxkhz.jpg

When putting down explosives, will we be able to detonate more than one explosive at a time, like we could before AGM? I love the enhancements, but that is the one thing I miss.

Really looking forward to the official release of this addon.

This will change the way Arma3 will be played for good.

To everyone working on it: Thanks for all your hard work so far and hopefully in the future.

I'm very interested in the way the ace3 interaction menu works.

I understand that when you push the key the dialog is been created, an eventhandler "mousemoving" is added (get the movement of the cursor and then fix it in the center), a loop starts (the icon are created).

I have no idea on how these work:

- how to move the camera,walking,... with a dialog opened

- hot the icons are fixed in a 3d position

-how to interact with the icon

Someone can explain how these are made?

I see it within good reason to not do anything Sound wise. I'm fact, there might not be a need for sound mods once BIS finally shape up the second most under developed feature of the game. We should hear more on the sound here soon. This are looking up on the Audio end.

I'm very interested in the way the ace3 interaction menu works.

I understand that when you push the key the dialog is been created, an eventhandler "mousemoving" is added (get the movement of the cursor and then fix it in the center), a loop starts (the icon are created).

I have no idea on how these work:

- how to move the camera,walking,... with a dialog opened

- hot the icons are fixed in a 3d position

-how to interact with the icon

Someone can explain how these are made?

Short answer: magic

Long answer: if you want, hop on the public slack and I'll give you some pointer into understanding the code.

I liked how AGM used to have logistical items like replaceable tracks, tires, or jerry cans stored in vehicles. Any chance that will be added back in, in the future?

I liked how AGM used to have logistical items like replaceable tracks, tires, or jerry cans stored in vehicles. Any chance that will be added back in, in the future?

Dude... Its ACE... Everything will be there with improvements and more.

I downloaded the latest ace 3 at github and it dose not appear to be working. Previous version worked but now none of the interaction options show up when you hit windows key. Also previously when you hit esc "ACE" would showup at the top of screen and it does not now.

I downloaded the latest ace 3 at github and it dose not appear to be working. Previous version worked but now none of the interaction options show up when you hit windows key. Also previously when you hit esc "ACE" would showup at the top of screen and it does not now.

Then that means you have not built it and/or used it correctly.

I'm a total noob, can I get a detail install guide, this mod look amazing I just can't seem to figure out how to get it to work. I need some instructions.:o