noubernou

ACE3 - A collaborative merger between AGM, CSE, and ACE

So much for April 30th. And no update or explanation in this thread as far as I can see.

---------- Post added at 05:19 ---------- Previous post was at 05:17 ----------

My understading of the issue with dismemberment is limited but I got a reply from the guy who made the coslx mod for arma 2 and he basically said it was near impossible and it would take an insane amount of work because of how physx is tied into arma 3 character models vs arma 2 where it was relitively simple

That's funny, because VBS has dismemberment and it's the same game, made by the same company, on the same engine. Just steal it out of VBS and put it in Arma.

So much for April 30th. And no update or explanation in this thread as far as I can see.

---------- Post added at 05:19 ---------- Previous post was at 05:17 ----------

That's funny, because VBS has dismemberment and it's the same game, made by the same company, on the same engine. Just steal it out of VBS and put it in Arma.

Not the same company anymore (and it wasn't really the same company for a long time before that). Also not the thread to discuss VBS (they designated one thread for it, since it's not a BI game).

Also just check our tracker. We are releasing soon.

Im not sure if it was because of a poorly packed version of the ACE 3, in fact im going to assume that it is. However, whenever i put a zeus game master module down as well as running ace at the same time, it will not let me preview or join the mission on a dedicated server.

Yes, i did narrow it down to ACE 3. Has anyone else had this problem?

Im sure it is just the version i am using, but i would like to make sure that no one else is having this problem as well. Before i report it that is.

Yeah right, VBS can't even run on consumer hardware let alone that its anything similair to Arma. Yes they both stem from the RV engine but that's where the similairities end. You can't just say that if something is done in one game on the same engine it can be done in another. You still need code, and a programming structure to make it happen, an engine is just a tool to facilitate code, and if you have started coding in one structure you can't just move it to a diffrent one. But besides all that VBS was created with a totally diffrent user in mind, and a very diffrent platform to run on.

Oh, those dependencies. I want to use just a few ACE modules and it seems to be impossible to get this done without error messages. I'm currently only interested in the better map, map markers, no idle anims, no radio chatters... But this is already difficult.

common.pbo

interact_menu.pbo

interaction.pbo

main.pbo

map.pbo

markers.pbo

noidle.pbo

noradio.pbo

Still error messages.

Is my only option (except using whole ACE3) to look into any addons config for dependencies? Or is it only recommended to use the whole ACE? Thx.

awwwwww yeaaaaaaaaah

Can't wait to rig a town and let my virtua psychopath free :yay::jail:

P.S: Please add incineration :pet13::popup:

Edited by froggyluv

VBS is actually made by Bohemia Interactive Simulations, which is actually a separate company that works on only VBS. Bohemia Interactive works on ArmA and other "video games" instead of simuations.

Oh, those dependencies. I want to use just a few ACE modules and it seems to be impossible to get this done without error messages. I'm currently only interested in the better map, map markers, no idle anims, no radio chatters... But this is already difficult.

common.pbo

interact_menu.pbo

interaction.pbo

main.pbo

map.pbo

markers.pbo

noidle.pbo

noradio.pbo

Still error messages.

Is my only option (except using whole ACE3) to look into any addons config for dependencies? Or is it only recommended to use the whole ACE? Thx.

What error messages are you getting? Also if that are your pbo names, it may not have been build using our make.py in the tools directory.

Yeah right, VBS can't even run on consumer hardware let alone that its anything similair to Arma.

really OT, but it does work on consumer hardware...

Like i said feeeeeeeeew posts before. New 3d menu is weak for me and my community. Thx to my mate Szwedzik, we can show ya guys small test of incoming mod for ACE adding good old flexi.

Still need to add missing icons, some tweaks and polishing stuff - But it works !

Edited by Alduric

Like i said feeeeeeeeew posts before. New 3d menu is weak for me and my community. Thx to my mate Szwedzik, we can show ya guys small test of incoming mod for ACE adding good old flexi.

Very impressive, good job.

What error messages are you getting? Also if that are your pbo names, it may not have been build using our make.py in the tools directory.

OK thx I'm not at my ArmA computer, I got it working, but had to remove some pbo's (e.g. noidle.pbo). Didn't use the python script, will have a look. My workflow was, download zip from github, then pboe'd all folders under the addon folder. So the pbo's have the name of the respective folder.

I think enable "Display interaction menus as lists" from options is more nicer than flexi menu but is my opinion

---------- Post added at 17:47 ---------- Previous post was at 17:46 ----------

OK thx I'm not at my ArmA computer, I got it working, but had to remove some pbo's (e.g. noidle.pbo). Didn't use the python script, will have a look. My workflow was, download zip from github, then pboe'd all folders under the addon folder. So the pbo's have the name of the respective folder.

You have to use make.py otherwise won't work with manual "pbobbing"

is the felxi menu and client side mod? if so this would be fantastic to let people choose there preference!

Video is about flexi menu (context menu) from ACE for arma 2.

Personally I like moving on and exploring new daring things rather then

taking (same) proven concepts.

Btw what are main problems of 3d contex menu?Moving your character away

from interaction object will make action disappear.kinda make sense since you

have to be in range to interact with objects as in reality right?

Still need to add missing icons, some tweaks and polishing stuff - But it works !

Nice ! I believe that a mix between this menu and the new one from ACE2 could be perfect. For example , when interacting with another player with flexi menu a single "medical" option could close the flexi menu and activate the 3D menu (for medical action only) onto that particular unit.

Flexi menu will not be integrated into ACE3.

Might want to send a message to Dr_Eyeball. We use flexiMenu in TacBF and got some updated files that might help as well. Plus some pictures more along the lines of A3.

Flexi menu will not be integrated into ACE3.

:( I would really love to see the option for it in the ACE settings menu. I think that the new interaction menu is cool, but I would still prefer the flexi menu, because it's more simple and people also know it from ACE2 and some of them could prefer it more.

:( I would really love to see the option for it in the ACE settings menu. I think that the new interaction menu is cool, but I would still prefer the flexi menu, because it's more simple and people also know it from ACE2 and some of them could prefer it more.

Come on. If you want to use FlexiMenu just download it from Alduric.

Let ACE team focus on new interaction menu which is a true revolution and giant leap for ArmA-verse.

new interaction menu which is a true revolution and giant leap for ArmA-verse.

Opinions.

Thank you Alduric for creating an alternative to the ACE³ menu and that you seem willing to release it with the rest of the ArmA community ;)

Kind regards,

Sanchez

Opinions.

Thank you Alduric for creating an alternative to the ACE³ menu and that you seem willing to release it with the rest of the ArmA community ;)

Kind regards,

Sanchez

Thx to arma3coop.pl Team, i have same opinion about new menu. Old one is better, dats all folks.