noubernou

ACE3 - A collaborative merger between AGM, CSE, and ACE

how can i insert a new interactive menu with "ace_interact_menu_fnc_addActionToObject" from outside the ace3 mod thru a sqf scripts ? If possible reply with a short example.

I'm sorry for my english. Thanks

How do I do the set up of this mod? I tried doing the setup.py but it wouldn't work, as in it just asked what to open it with...

We pretty much plan to ditch the entire A3 vehicle damage system. It's a joke and always has been, and really we need to go outside of SQF and Arma altogether to do it. We should have some cool stuff to show over the next week or so regarding that. ;)

best news for arma 3 this week or month :D

My only gripe with the interaction menu is the fact that after you've selected the point of interaction (like, the body part you want to interact with), further navigation inside the menu should no longer move the view. In other words, once the interaction point is selected, pop up a mouse pointer and have the user select the further menu items without moving the head. Otherwise, you end up looking at the moon after trying to heal someone.

i sincerely hope that all features will be configurable with serverside config file, as we would HATE to have to deal with .pbo files to enable disable features as well as having to re-upload them each update and host a custom repositary.

please, please, please! we really love how CSE works with userconfig and CSE_server!

i sincerely hope that all features will be configurable with serverside config file, as we would HATE to have to deal with .pbo files to enable disable features as well as having to re-upload them each update and host a custom repositary.

please, please, please! we really love how CSE works with userconfig and CSE_server!

We are already doing that everywhere thats possible. HOWEVER, some things simply rely on config changes that can't be disabled on runtime. The game simply doesn't allow to change configs without restarting and changing files. It just turned out that many things AGM did relied on configs, while CSE had more features that where done by scripting alone.

Even though we are now all working together on ACE, that doesn't mean that these engine limitations are magically gone now.

My only gripe with the interaction menu is the fact that after you've selected the point of interaction (like, the body part you want to interact with), further navigation inside the menu should no longer move the view. In other words, once the interaction point is selected, pop up a mouse pointer and have the user select the further menu items without moving the head. Otherwise, you end up looking at the moon after trying to heal someone.

Use always show mouse cursor in the ACE options (or something like that) and that doesnt happen.

@n7snk : this is NOT CSE anymore. As you know CSE is dead and an integral part of ACE now.

Amen to this. After some brief experimentation with the new ACE3, I definitely feel like the mouse cursor should unlock for the interaction menus. It's very frustrating to deal with the current moving menu type.

Sorry to ask, but originally it was said that this mod will be out before the end of April, i think. Is that still the case?

Sorry to ask, but originally it was said that this mod will be out before the end of April, i think. Is that still the case?

They are working. Take it easy. xD

@ all please don't ask for news/when its out etc, this is considered spam. When there is news it will be posted.

§5) No Spam

We deem spam as making a thread or posting a reply that has no real worth, is irrelevant, useless and offers nothing to a discussion. Posting "any news" or "is it out yet" type posts are also spam. Messages of banned members are also considered as spam. If your post/thread is not able to illicit or sustain an in depth conversation then it's spam. This also applies to other areas of the forums such as leaving visitor messages on people's profiles. Spam may be dealt with by post count reduction, Post Restriction and/or formal warning.

Edited by R0adki11

I'm keeping a close eye on the progress in Github but maybe i should stop, every time i open it the progress bar goes backwards a little bit. :yay:

Good luck! Can't wait for the official release!

So I only play single player and i recently started using AGm.As that has been incorporatedd here-I just want to ask,is editing the mod still the same?I dont like using the feature that removes radio chatter and responses.Can I still just remove the relevant pbo?

---------- Post added at 16:15 ---------- Previous post was at 16:12 ----------

Never mind-I can see it is still modular.Thanks.Do you have any plans to integrate 2d scopes?I see that TMR may not work properly since update 1.42 and those 2d scopes look great.Never got to try them though...

Been testing out the latest on GIT but I noticed basic medical no longer has bleeding? This seems like a strange thing to remove

Edited by Kerc Kasha

Been testing out the latest on GIT but I noticed basic medical no longer has bleeding? This seems like a strange thing to remove

What makes you think that we removed bleeding?

What makes you think that we removed bleeding?

my bad after playing around with it a bit more it's still there, too used to the way AGM did it and was looking at the wrong functions

Do you have any plans to integrate 2d scopes?

ace_optics is already in and a thing.

Keep up the good work folks. I've really been enjoying what I've played with of the unofficial builds. Very, very happy to see Ruthberg's ballistics in this.

I do have one question though. Is there some fundamental difference in the epi-injector that the military uses vs what civilians are able to get prescription for?

I ask because my friend and I play a lot of small coop missions where the original designer doesn't have slots for a medic and it can be somewhat frustrating to always have to end a mission when one of the two of us gets hurt enough to go unconscious.

Don't get me wrong, we're both very happy with the medical aspects, makes things a lot more interesting. But I am somewhat confused as to whether there is a difference, and if there isn't, why a normal soldier can't use the epinephrine. My very young cousin carries one and knows how to use it, he's only six by the way. The instructions are on the container as far civi versions go: Pop cap, punch into thigh, hold until a click is heard. (Roughly five to ten seconds.)

So why the medical training being needed? Regardless, really enjoying the mod, can't wait to see what you guys come up with next.

As far as the interaction menu goes, once I turned on show cursor always, its very easy to use. Hell, anything that isn't the action menu is great.

Hi, I'm very confused with the Github request and issue system for ACE 3 developpement.

Why the ACE 3 devs don't use Devheaven website ? (which is the main Arma community project site.) it has a much clearer bug tracking system, roadmap...etc

example : http://dev.withsix.com/projects/ace-mod2/roadmap

I'm sure that would have been discussed at length prior to the announcement of ACE3. The fact they haven't moved everything over must mean that it will stay at Github.

Hi, I'm very confused with the Github request and issue system for ACE 3 developpement.

Why the ACE 3 devs don't use Devheaven website ? (which is the main Arma community project site.) it has a much clearer bug tracking system, roadmap...etc

example : http://dev.withsix.com/projects/ace-mod2/roadmap

For open source development having a low barrier of entry for contributors is essential, a lot of people already own GitHub accounts, and is allows for easy forking even with little Git experience. You can also view the remaining tasks for a milestone on GitHub: https://github.com/acemod/ACE3/milestones/3.0.0

Additionally, github is up a bit more than 20 minutes to the hour.