noubernou

ACE3 - A collaborative merger between AGM, CSE, and ACE

Hey guys,

please don't behead me for that question, but does anybody know about a good tutorial for the (advance) mediacal system?

I still have problems using it >.<

Many Greetings and Thanks in advance

Moony

Hey guys,

please don't behead me for that question, but does anybody know about a good tutorial for the (advance) mediacal system?

I still have problems using it >.<

Many Greetings and Thanks in advance

Moony

Have you looked for any CSE medical systems? Afaik it's pretty similar if you ignore the simple GUI changes..

There's even a wiki page on the CSE wiki on how to use some of the advanced medical equipment.

Kind regards,

Sanchez

@tortuosit;

I believe the answer is yes.

https://github.com/acemod/ACE3/pull/797

This is the correct answer. If you want the wind very specific/technical details, check our variables.

We also synchronize the game wind & weather across clients correctly periodically; so the vanilla command values should mostly match and be accurate. This is not the case in regular arma.

Have you looked for any CSE medical systems? Afaik it's pretty similar if you ignore the simple GUI changes..

There's even a wiki page on the CSE wiki on how to use some of the advanced medical equipment.

Kind regards,

Sanchez

Since I haven't used CSE that much I didn't know that it is the same, but aren't there any new items?

As far as I know in CSE there where only 2 liquid bags and now there are 3 (I guess)

But I'll try that, but I'm still open for other sources! ^^

As someone who used to played counter strike with crosshair disabled, for the sake of training my instincts (after a while you can easily score head-shots, and even be competitive on the scoreboard on public servers), and someone with real military experience, all I can say is that any game without crosshair, is still much easier and more instinctive than shooting from the hip IRL. Why? The crosshair stays in the middle of the screen. Remove it visually and it will still be in the middle of the screen, although invisible, it's still easy to estimate where it would be.

Edit: Before anyone complains: Yes, I know there is no such thing as firing from the hip in Arma3.

Maybe in Counter Strike you don't see the problem of lack of "feeling" of your body positioning and where your arms are because there you can't move your head, but believe me that for me, once I move my head, and specially if I'am usisng track IR, becomes very hard to tell where I'am pointing without having a reference, when you start moving your head independently you no more aiming in the mid of the screen.

And I use the Crosshair not just for aiming but also to help me moving Body and Head independently.

The debate Yes/No Crosshair I think can go on for a while and it's interesting, personally I don't think the ones not using crosshair are wrong, I myself for a while stopped using it as I don't really like the vanilla one.

The solution can simply be for the ACE 3 team, if they willing to :pray:, to modify the vanilla Crosshair in a way that it gives you so much less accuracy and to become just a point of reference, then the ones not willing to use it can just turn it off from usual in game difficulty options.

For me something like this would be already good

, the problem is I can't find an Arma 3 mod doing that, just one Arma 2 mod, and I'am unable to do it myself : (

Then if the ACE 3 team reinvent the way the crosshair is or find a more realistic solution , even better : )

keep up the good work

cheers :cheers:

Edited by HaZZarD

This is the correct answer. If you want the wind very specific/technical details, check our variables.

We also synchronize the game wind & weather across clients correctly periodically; so the vanilla command values should mostly match and be accurate. This is not the case in regular arma.

Speaking of the weather... Is it correct/by design that changing weather by Zeus or MCC is no longer possible?

CQB with enemy close -> talk -> enemy knows your position -> you and most of your team dead

Shush, I don't want people to know how I always know when to toss my preemptive grenade on their breach. Believe it or not, the 5 meter whisper range is huge when clearing a building in Player vs Player matches.

Just gave this a try since AGM is discontinued.

Generally like the feel of it and it seems like it is a worthy follower of ACE2.

My only complaint is the menu system - is there any chance of a 2D system like AGM's as this 3d one is clunky as balls to use? - Honestly feel that if the 53rd adopted this that several of our chaps will shy away from providing buddy aid simply because the menu is balls hard to use without your view flopping all over the place!

Cheers,

V

Loved it, very good competitor for ArmA II ACE.

One issue that i felt: Explosive Grenades and 40mm from grenade launcher are hit me even if I am 100m away.

I mean the Shrapnel fly so long that you got hit from your grenade (40mm also) also.

Thanks for developing ACE again.

One issue that i felt: Explosive Grenades and 40mm from grenade launcher are hit me even if I am 100m away.

I mean the Shrapnel fly so long that you got hit from your grenade (40mm also) also.

Yeah this was something i noticed too, was that grenades were even deadlier than the (already much deadlier) AGM nades. I'm sure it's something that will be tweaked, but I do hope it's toned down a bit before release, it was pretty brutal, to the point where yeah it would almost be not worth using grenades or the GL, since you could still kill yourself/teammates at 100m or more away.

Yeah this was something i noticed too, was that grenades were even deadlier than the (already much deadlier) AGM nades. I'm sure it's something that will be tweaked, but I do hope it's toned down a bit before release, it was pretty brutal, to the point where yeah it would almost be not worth using grenades or the GL, since you could still kill yourself/teammates at 100m or more away.

Funny that you mentioned this now, because I reported this on GitHub earlier today, but a developer turned me down and said it was realistic behaviour.

https://github.com/acemod/ACE3/issues/810

Personally I think the dev is wrong, and made an error when he brought up the M67 as a comparison. I know certain hand grenades can throw shrapnel up to 300m, because I have personally thrown such grenades when I served in the military. However! The M203 and similar weapons are not comparable to a hand grenade. There should be no shrapnel beyond 130m from these things.

Edit: For those who knows little about 40mm grenade launchers except what Hollywood feed you, I recommend this very informative video:

Edited by Brisse

There is a good chance that most of the ammo in ACE right now is not configured properly for their type. While the gurney equation values might be right the type of frag that they are throwing might not be appropriate. A lot of those grenades use fragmentation that is specifically meant to have a higher drag coefficient so they can be used in close quarters somewhat more safely.

I've been planning on make a little "frag studio" mission where people can visualize frag from rounds and tweak the params, but I haven't gotten around to it yet.

So unless i'm mistaken, isn't the conclusion of that video is that 40mm grenades are even less deadly than you'd normally think, with a much smaller radius? Seems like the 'heavy injury' or 'fatal' radius of grenades and grenade launchers is much much bigger than 5m.

I'm pretty sure if the setup of that video was recreated in game, using the way ACE currently handles radius and shrapnel, not only would all the targets in that circle be destroyed, but shrapnel could have a decent chance of hitting the firer himself. That seems pretty silly, I hope at the very least it's something we'll be able to turn off in the options or by removing the PBO.

Edit: @NouberNou - that makes sense, thanks for the input. That would be rad! I'd love to play around with something like that.

Thanks for the updates guys.

Iv noticed also that i have missing option:

Always display cursor on interaction.

Also when i tried to use Elastic Bandage and other bandages (not field dressing and pack) ArmA 3 Had crashed.

Edited by HydroBull3T

While the gurney equation values might be right the type of frag that they are throwing might not be appropriate.

That's what I was thinking too.

But there might be more too it. I just took a peek in:

ACE3/addons/frag/CfgAmmo.hpp

And found that all the 40mm grenades are missing the following parameters:

ACE_FRAG_CLASSES[] = {};

ACE_FRAG_METAL = x;

ACE_FRAG_CHARGE = x;

ACE_FRAG_GURNEY_C = x;

ACE_FRAG_GURNEY_K = x;

So I thought they probably inherit them from another class, but nope. It goes all the way back to "GrenadeBase" which as far as I know, does not contain the proper data.

2 small things.

1. Better bullet impacts would be great. They tend to make a lot of dust when hitting brick walls or sand, etc. Would be very useful at distance too.

2. Slower movement speed. Many parts of arma feel sped up and are much faster than reality. Consequence of is difficulty moving in tighter confines. Tpw had a good handle on it in his mod

2 small things.

1. Better bullet impacts would be great. They tend to make a lot of dust when hitting brick walls or sand, etc. Would be very useful at distance too.

2. Slower movement speed. Many parts of arma feel sped up and are much faster than reality. Consequence of is difficulty moving in tighter confines. Tpw had a good handle on it in his mod

1. Had something similiar in ace 2 so maybe it resurfaces in 3.

That's what I was thinking too.

But there might be more too it. I just took a peek in:

ACE3/addons/frag/CfgAmmo.hpp

And found that all the 40mm grenades are missing the following parameters:

ACE_FRAG_CLASSES[] = {};

ACE_FRAG_METAL = x;

ACE_FRAG_CHARGE = x;

ACE_FRAG_GURNEY_C = x;

ACE_FRAG_GURNEY_K = x;

So I thought they probably inherit them from another class, but nope. It goes all the way back to "GrenadeBase" which as far as I know, does not contain the proper data.

And that'd be way they are throwing frag out so much further. The default inheritence (which should show up if you look at them in the config browser in game) is quite a bit more powerful than they actually are, and it uses a fairly inaccurate list of frag types.

Err sorry, its using

C = 1

M = 2

K = 1/2

GC = 2440

And it's throwing tons of different types of frag including low drag medium density frag. That means it's way more powerful than it should be (initial frag velocity ~2762m/s and most of it not slowing down).

Edited by NouberNou

One small suggestion on the development side, take it or leave it. :) You may want to consider splitting the binaries and/or translations into their own projects on Github. When the .dll and other binaries are rebuilt, it will continue taking up space in the Git history. By moving the translations out into another project, it might be easier to focus on just the development side and get a better picture as to what changes have been done as opposed to sifting through tons of translation changes. Two options:

1) Git submodules (pro- works well, easy to setup another project. con: people need to know how to use submodules)

2) The brand new Git large file store (I have no experience with this)

We've been using submodules on ACRE for a while (Jay and I). I have no idea still how they work haha. The main project always seems to bitch about something.

Once ACE 3 is stable so to speak will it be offered in a less complicated installation format similar to AGM and other mods

Edited by case250

One thing that'd be great to have adjusted is the position of medical treatment options when self interacting. For example, left body parts on the left of the menu, right body parts on the right, head and torso in the upper middle of the menu wheel. Basically keep the same setup, but the order of the options should be adjusted to make it easier to know where to look instinctively when you self interact to perform medical treatment on yourself. Hope that makes sense.

And that'd be way they are throwing frag out so much further. The default inheritence (which should show up if you look at them in the config browser in game) is quite a bit more powerful than they actually are, and it uses a fairly inaccurate list of frag types.

Err sorry, its using

C = 1

M = 2

K = 1/2

GC = 2440

And it's throwing tons of different types of frag including low drag medium density frag. That means it's way more powerful than it should be (initial frag velocity ~2762m/s and most of it not slowing down).

Fixed it for you :)

https://github.com/acemod/ACE3/pull/818

Used this as my source: http://www.inetres.com/gp/military/infantry/grenade/40mm_ammo.html#M441

Find another issue XD.

Rallypoint:

seems that I can deploy the "back to base" rallypoint via self interaction, but it seems that I can't interact those rallypoints via interactions (not self) and teleport to base or to the field rally.