noubernou

ACE3 - A collaborative merger between AGM, CSE, and ACE

It seems you fixed the make.py file so it can build all the pbos without errors.

Thank you, guys!

Did you change recoil for small arms? Is it possible to return vanilla recoil? If I delete recoil.pbo, will it solve this?

Edited by Kukus

Did you change recoil for small arms? Is it possible to return vanilla recoil? If I delete recoil.pbo, will it solve this?

yes, it should work.

Hi,

I'm part of team playing milsim style since Arma 2. We used to have ACE2 at the heart of our modset, and we are looking forward to the release of ACE3.

Most of the announced features look great, but I'm still sceptic about one of them: the gesture/hand signaling system.

One has to admit that this system is unusable in a real combat situation. Because of the GUI, it's not possible to execute a hand signal and keep the action pace, furthermore the animations are of pour quality, most of them are hard to identify clearly.

We have created our own gesture addon: THS. It allows the player to execute quick hand signals made in the purpose of being recognizable and tacticaly efficient in most circumstances.

THS uses keyboard shortcuts that lets you trigger hand signals in a fast and simple fashion, even at the heart of action.

The point of this message is to ask if you would like to integrate THS to ACE3, as a remplacement of the current system. We would be thrilled to contribute to the ACE3 project and we would gladly work together with the ACE3 team to adapt THS to ACE3 specific needs, in technical terms as well as gameplay terms.

The point of this message is to ask if you would like to integrate THS to ACE3, as a remplacement of the current system. We would be thrilled to contribute to the ACE3 project and we would gladly work together with the ACE3 team to adapt THS to ACE3 specific needs, in technical terms as well as gameplay terms.

Sure, THS seems great for ACE3; our current hand signal system was temporary, due to be replaced after first release, so it would be great to base the replacement in your code and anims. Just be aware that we have an open source license, so THS assets would have to be released under the same license. Hop an our public slack or contact us on our issue tracker to discuss this further.

Cheers

Hi,

I'm part of team playing milsim style since Arma 2. We used to have ACE2 at the heart of our modset, and we are looking forward to the release of ACE3.

Most of the announced features look great, but I'm still sceptic about one of them: the gesture/hand signaling system.

One has to admit that this system is unusable in a real combat situation. Because of the GUI, it's not possible to execute a hand signal and keep the action pace, furthermore the animations are of pour quality, most of them are hard to identify clearly.

We have created our own gesture addon: THS. It allows the player to execute quick hand signals made in the purpose of being recognizable and tacticaly efficient in most circumstances.

THS uses keyboard shortcuts that lets you trigger hand signals in a fast and simple fashion, even at the heart of action.

This would be awesome.

I've been playing since Arma 2 came out, in the 25th id wich was later the 7th sfg, and I've never used or felt the need to use hand signals. Because there's thing called teamspeak.

---------- Post added at 04:09 ---------- Previous post was at 04:01 ----------

I've played missions in Arma 2 with my unit that lasted hours and no one even fired a shot. Maybe that guy who died ten minutes into the mission should go play another game. In my old unit the team members who died had to sit there and watch the mission unfold, no respawns. This isn't CoD.

---------- Post added at 04:12 ---------- Previous post was at 04:09 ----------

Hey guys, are you going to make a more realistic Crosshair too ? I know some of you consider the crosshair like an arcade thing but for me it's a compromise between gameplay and realistic target awarness.

In reality you would know where your weapon is pointing while in game not, the problem is the vanilla AIII crosshair allow you to make a bit too accurate shooting.

thanks

What? Have you ever handled firearms in reality? You don't "know" where your muzzle is pointing in reality either. You know what direction it's pointing, just like in game... but that's it. It's called instinctive or hip firing for a reason. There's no such thing as a realistic crosshair.

Hand signals are great in any kind of scenario (PVE/PVP) and can be used to effectively relay information physically/visually in order to not interrupt anyone that may already be speaking on the radio or perhaps even when radios might not be present at all in the mission. They're best used in stealth playstyles, but there's all sorts of situations where it can be quickly used effectively, especially if there is a far enough distance between you and the gesturing person that neither of you can hear each other speak/shout, but can clearly see eachother.

I've been playing since Arma 2 came out, in the 25th id wich was later the 7th sfg, and I've never used or felt the need to use hand signals. Because there's thing called teamspeak.

I've played missions in Arma 2 with my unit that lasted hours and no one even fired a shot. Maybe that guy who died ten minutes into the mission should go play another game. In my old unit the team members who died had to sit there and watch the mission unfold, no respawns. This isn't CoD.

What? Have you ever handled firearms in reality? You don't "know" where your muzzle is pointing in reality either. You know what direction it's pointing, just like in game... but that's it. It's called instinctive or hip firing for a reason. There's no such thing as a realistic crosshair.

Maybe I was not clear but I don't like the vanilla game crosshair, and that's why I'am here, the vanilla crosshair allow for too accurate shooting while personally I would like to have something minimal like this

I like realism, I'am passionate of Osprey books and I read a tons of them, but I also have an open mind and I know this is a game, we shooting using a mouse and in games you can't have certain "feelings" like feeling your arms/body/weapon positioning.

In game I know where my weapon is pointing just because I see my weapon (when I'am able to see it) and because I see tracers/bullet impacts, in reality I know it by also feeling my body, and I'am not saying that you can shoot with accuracy without aiming but just that in reality you have that extra feeling that in a game is missing.

If in AIII for example I aim my weapon against a door and then I move my head in the other direction, I know my weapon is pointing there because I memorized the fact that I'am aiming there, in reality I would know that I'am aiming there not just because I memorized my action but also because I can feel my body is pointing there, it's pretty different, that's what I think the crosshair represent, it helps you in having a reference of your body, it's like the Stance/Resting indicator.

I know my english is not the best so I'll just link dslyecxi opinion as I think he made some good points http://blog.dslyecxi.com/post/28884709725/hey-dslyecxi-i-noticed-that-you-guys-play-with

Mine was just a suggestion and hope, I don't want to force or convince other people that using the crosshair is realistic, however I know some share my vision and for us would be cool to have a more realistic crosshair, just that, it would be just an option to chose from, nothing mandatory.

Edited by HaZZarD

Exact, crosshair simulating instinctive shooting is a non sense.

shooting without crosshair precisely requires instinctive abilities. crosshair doesn't have it's place in ACE.

Crosshair can be disabled via game options, ACE shouldn`t change it as some people want to use it. Idea of difrent crosshair isn`t thaht bad, IRL you can aim at place yet it wont be accurate shooting, and arma isn`t that awesome and you can`t do it without crosshair or call me noob but after 2k hours I can`t still do it.

Agreed, ACE3's interaction system is much better. Sure, it takes more time to do 'simple' tasks, but I like that. In real life it takes more than 2 seconds to assess an arm then to move down to assess a leg. This system, while it takes more time and precision I feel as if it kind of adds an immersion block and makes me feel as if I am checking a real person, not just navigating a GUI. Hopefully it'll make people start doing assessments and pushing meds once they are actually in safety and out of a firefight. Not right in the shit.

This for sure.

CQB with enemy close -> talk -> enemy knows your position -> you and most of your team dead

As someone who used to played counter strike with crosshair disabled, for the sake of training my instincts (after a while you can easily score head-shots, and even be competitive on the scoreboard on public servers), and someone with real military experience, all I can say is that any game without crosshair, is still much easier and more instinctive than shooting from the hip IRL. Why? The crosshair stays in the middle of the screen. Remove it visually and it will still be in the middle of the screen, although invisible, it's still easy to estimate where it would be.

Edit: Before anyone complains: Yes, I know there is no such thing as firing from the hip in Arma3.

Edited by Brisse

There´s something I´ve been wanting since ACE1, but it was delivered by a single mod within this foruns: +1 bullet in the chamber (whenever you do a tactical reload)

Are you guys planning on adding this function or incorporating this mod into ACE collection?

cheers!

[EDIT] About all this discussion about crosshair and hip shoting (and the fact that crosshair is in the middle of the screen)... why not add freeaim (as mandatory, at least while not on sights)? I use freeaim all the time (deadzone at 100% - thou update v1.42 fubared the freeaim while standing and tactical pace) and it gives a nice immersion ;)

cheers!

Edited by Corporal_Lib[BR]

CQB with enemy close -> talk -> enemy knows your position -> you and most of your team dead

Amen.

---------- Post added at 09:06 ---------- Previous post was at 09:04 ----------

ohh.. you start talking when you have an enemy in front of you at 5m.

REALISM!!

when i do that when I play Airsoft Im dead. We must communicate through signals.

As someone who used to played counter strike with crosshair disabled, for the sake of training my instincts (after a while you can easily score head-shots, and even be competitive on the scoreboard on public servers), and someone with real military experience, all I can say is that any game without crosshair, is still much easier and more instinctive than shooting from the hip IRL. Why? The crosshair stays in the middle of the screen. Remove it visually and it will still be in the middle of the screen, although invisible, it's still easy to estimate where it would be.

Edit: Before anyone complains: Yes, I know there is no such thing as firing from the hip in Arma3.

Yup , i wish the Arma had a proper hip firing system + the animation and also ADS animation

not as it is now , always the same animation - probably not gonna happen in A3 ,but maybe for the future A4

Edited by RobertHammer

;2925109']There´s something I´ve been wanting since ACE1' date=' but it was delivered by a single mod within this foruns: +1 bullet in the chamber (whenever you do a tactical reload)

Are you guys planning on adding this function or incorporating this mod into ACE collection?

I thought about that and even made plans to get it to work as reliably as possible (With some nice undocumented SQF commands that are around), but in the end we voted against it, because some devs felt that it was to gimmicky.

About the crosshair. I don't think we can find a majority for that either. I mean it's realy simple to do it (without removing the vanilla crosshair at all), so I'd include it.

i have a problem with changing other weapon recoil by defualt. some mods have excelently thought out recoil. will this reduce all their recoil by a percentage anyway? seems a heavy handed blanket solution that was flawed in AGM and is defienlty flawed in ACE3.

i have a problem with changing other weapon recoil by defualt. some mods have excelently thought out recoil. will this reduce all their recoil by a percentage anyway? seems a heavy handed blanket solution that was flawed in AGM and is defienlty flawed in ACE3.

No it won't. It only affects vanilla weapons or addon weapons that use a recoil table of a vanilla weapon. It doesn't change custom weapons as long as they have their own custom CfgRecoils entries.

Does ACE change aspects of weather and if so, is it published via a variable then?