noubernou

ACE3 - A collaborative merger between AGM, CSE, and ACE

Am i the only one who is annoyed that the windage knob is reverse of any actual experience as OK my impacts are right and i have to move my sight to the right

and in so doing move my point of impact to the left while this is implemented in reverse ?

I won't lie I miss the ACE2 elevation and windage method.

Arrow keys work best.

they might need to add R and L letters to the windage as + or - is confuzing

I can see the appeal of dismemberment etc in terms of immersion, but how much fun is it going to be for the guy who loses his leg 10 mins into a 2 hour operation?

What do you do then? Shoot him so he can respawn as reinforcements, or make him play out that operation as an inoperative casualty?

I can see the appeal of dismemberment etc in terms of immersion, but how much fun is it going to be for the guy who loses his leg 10 mins into a 2 hour operation?

What do you do then? Shoot him so he can respawn as reinforcements, or make him play out that operation as an inoperative casualty?

or take him to the ccp where he gets healed?

I think as naizarak said, perhaps a "full heal" at an aid-station/medical vehicle could effectively "glue ones legs back on". This could in turn also be optional so mil-sim hardcore players could be out of their 2 hour ops entirely if they're unlucky/daft enough to get their arses blown off, depending on the setting.

An idea for ACE 3 would be to increase the light intensity of default ArmA 3 flashlights. They're practically useless. If you've ever used the flashlight attachment from the RH Accessories Pack, a light intensity similar to that would be great. ;)

also would be nice if they'd increase flare brightness, or add an entirely new class of illumination grenades

Hey guys, are you going to make a more realistic Crosshair too ? I know some of you consider the crosshair like an arcade thing but for me it's a compromise between gameplay and realistic target awarness.

In reality you would know where your weapon is pointing while in game not, the problem is the vanilla AIII crosshair allow you to make a bit too accurate shooting.

thanks

Edited by HaZZarD

Hey guys, are you going to make a more realistic Crosshair too ? I know some of you consider the crosshair like an arcade thing but for me it's a compromise between gameplay and realistic target awarness.

In reality you would know where your weapon is pointing while in game not, the problem is the vanilla AIII corsshair allow you to make a bit too accurate shooting.

thanks

I dont know what you mean...

what kind of changes will you do?

I dont know what you mean...

what kind of changes will you do?

Well, I don't know the best way to represent this in a game but I would like to have at least a rough idea of where my weapon is aiming, as it is in reality.

I would leave the option of course to remove the crosshair, but for the ones willing to keep it, I would make a more realistic one, a not so OP one, something like the below would be already a good start

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=7388

Edited by HaZZarD

also would be nice if they'd increase flare brightness, or add an entirely new class of illumination grenades

im agree with you.

I really don't care for the new menu interaction system. I've been running into a lot of issues. For one, it's too small. There's no need for it to be that small except that you guys are trying to map stuff onto bodies and shit. That's not worth the loss in accuracy in tense situations. The system needs to be used in COMBAT. Hovering over something, hoping it opens up accurately then doing that again and again on small icons is not optimal for that.

This is why I was worried about CSE's team being involved. Their stuff tries to be too flashy and shiny. AGM was basically just ACE. It was functional, it fit the aesthetic, but it was still really simple to use.

I know this is harsh but I really don't like this. You had a system that worked really well. It could have used some tweaking with the expanded features in ACE3, but come on. Now I have to worry if I'm close enough to the left arm or not? Even though I can get the right arm, while standing on the left side? Why not just pop me into a menu with a diagram and let me quickly get around with a menu with everything in the same place every time. Not to mention figuring what part of the body needs things that have nothing to do with particular limbs.

The system you have now is cool. It could even be better for SOME interactions. But not everything. Give us better menus, not prettier flashier menus. Or at least options to make things static (even for interaction menu stuff like giving someone medical treatment) and increase the scale.

I know I'll get bitched out for giving honest feedback but I wouldn't say it if I didn't mean it and didn't think the team couldn't handle it.

Looking forward to seeing how this evolves.

I know this post is "relatively" old, but this describes some of my thought about the interface.

The interface should help you play game and in my book a interface is always serving the player and the game. The current interface sure "looks nice" but it feels quite awkward and out of place. It feels more like I am serving the interface and not actually playing the game.

As mentioned the text and the icons are very small. Also they can be quite hard to read, depending on the background on your screen at the time. I tried to use it with TrackIR and it was even harder to hit the icons.

I hope that the system will get a overhaul or we can at least get a alternative in a module. The system AGM and CSE use right now may not look cool, but they work just fine and dont interrupt the gameplay.

I know this post is "relatively" old, but this describes some of my thought about the interface.

The interface should help you play game and in my book a interface is always serving the player and the game. The current interface sure "looks nice" but it feels quite awkward and out of place. It feels more like I am serving the interface and not actually playing the game.

As mentioned the text and the icons are very small. Also they can be quite hard to read, depending on the background on your screen at the time. I tried to use it with TrackIR and it was even harder to hit the icons.

I hope that the system will get a overhaul or we can at least get a alternative in a module. The system AGM and CSE use right now may not look cool, but they work just fine and dont interrupt the gameplay.

I can't really fully agree or disagree with that gent, the obvious pro-AGM anti-CSE biased view leads me to (perhaps fallaciously) doubt that his feedback is good.

In the case of realism-inducing or realism-enhancing mods, it matters little which came first, it matters which is the most stable and provides realism not in an appealing package, but one that fits the mold (of realism).

Perhaps there needs to be a balance held between gameplay and realism, but, in the case of the M136 AT-4, I think that with the current community, a lot of people would rather have it be reloadable (unrealistic) than a single-use tube (realistic) simply because you can just reload after a missed shot and have another go at it. Maybe I'm misjudging the community. Maybe I'm not. That's just my impression of the community's evolution since release.

AGM had the most frequent updates, but with them, came bugs that often went under the radar. That's hardly the fault of anyone working on AGM, it's just how modding works. Sometimes, shit happens and no one could foresee it.

CSE had sporadic updates. You could tell, not only by the time elapsed between updates but also by their size that it was a thoroughly tested batch. Unfortunately for most, CSE had a really complex medical system that required either real-life basic knowledge of paramedicine, or a good half-hour parsing their wiki.

The new interface is nothing short of revolutionary.

Sure, it needs work, but that is one of the reasons why it's still unreleased and alpha. It's not a demo. It's not an early access. It's alpha because the people working on it deem it alpha (concept/barebones stage) and not yet ready for public use.

That said, I have no doubt the fact the ragdolls are flaily by nature does impede proper medical treatment, but I'm also sure that's something the team(s) have in mind.

They made the github publicly accessible/viewable to bring in any and all interested in contributing (read: programming) and helping out with the development of the mod.

In short, please be patient and don't have an itchy trigger finger. That's all mod authors request of you.

as Alex said someplace on these forums - no one can guarantee compatibility with a mod that is not released yet.

On the long term, yes it is desired to have full compatibility between RHS and ACE. That said, we will never have ACE as a default requirement, and we will always stay as a separate mod, so that the user can get to choose to play vanilla or enhanced via ACE.

With that said, there is really no reason to reinvent the wheel (as i understand that is the purpose of the mod and the merge between CSA, AGM and ACE), so when and where possible, the two should work together.

One of RHS main goals is authenticity and quality of the quality (visual and the way it behaves), and i am sure ACE will provide, at least in part, some of the backbone needed for achieving that.

and before anyone asks, yes RHS is in direct contact with ACE.

RHS content is somewhat penalized by the A3 vanila effects.

Once it will work with the original ACE features, you will get the most immersive gameplay with currently used todays vehicles and weapons in US and Russian Forces (no more BIS out of nowhere stuffs)

notably :

- High quality explosions, smokes, fires..etc

- ACE Bullet impacts (spark effect)

- ACE Tracers,

- Ammo Cookoff effect

- ACE weapons sounds,

- ACE Advanced laser range adjustement,

- ACE missile guidance for radar and laser guided missiles and rockets (Intertial, LOBL, LOAL Lo/Hi...)

- Passive Radar system,

- Helicopter Autorotation,

- Arena and Shtora system for MBT,

- Mil/MOA sniper zeroing,

- range tables for snipers, mortars,

- Advanced Missile steerance and visual effect for manually steered missiles (TOW, Dragon, AT5, Kornet, Arkan, Invar),

- ACE also reworked ballistics physics (draging, air friction, windage...etc) to match real flight-time projectile and range.

- TARGETTING POD for PLANES !!!

Edited by cychou

So I was not imagining things then.

ACE 2 really did bring visual effects to vehicle and wall impacts.

So I was not imagining things then.

ACE 2 really did bring visual effects to vehicle and wall impacts.

exact.

another example about Javelin & CLU style : realistic lock-on procedure and symbology :

I haven't read the entire thread (yet) but I've searched a few topics on it and I've been testing it extensively. Here are a few of my thoughts on the progress so far:

Climbing: I know this worked (sort of) in AGM and I was excited to hear it would be continued in ACE3. However I have yet to get climbing to work now. I understand it may take a certain view angle to trigger the ability but wish there was some sort of visual indicator like the door or ladder ones to let you know when you have acquired the option. Ultimately this feature would continue to be polished to the point that it is much more reliable and predictable but a visual cue could be an adequate substitute or placeholder.

Interaction menus: I agree that in the heat of battle it can be quite difficult to make selections in a "realistic" fashion, time wise, due to the size of the icons and fonts and the clutter that many levels of menus can accumulate on the screen. I'm not a graphics coder and can only imagine what it would take to make such an interface, not to mention improve it, so bare with me if what I suggest has a less than ideal price! Perhaps the icons/text could be larger for the current sub-menu and the main menu could alpha out a bit (reducing their visual impact on the screen) and/or become a bit smaller while that that level of the menu is not the focus? Regardless, I like the direction this aspect of the mod is going, perfect or not in it's current state.

Dismemberment: Everything that can be said about this topic already has so I'll just share my particular opinions on this one. I'm of the school of thought that having a client side setting should be fine. Those that don't want to see it don't need to. The other side of this coin is realism and how players behave in an environment that is more realistic. Medics should be able to tell at a glance, from a distance, where their triage priorities might lay. Explosives and larger projectiles blow people apart and once players realize this, as opposed to simply seeing people get knocked down, their bodies intact, they begin to behave in a more realistically appropriate manner as well. Similarly, a badly dismembered corpse seen laying in a field potentially says "potential minefield", not just "guy bled out from something yet unknown". Further, many of the arguments I've read against the usefulness of such a realistic feature are basically building a strawman in the context of playing Arma3 in a vague, vanilla manner. As already said, some groups have dedicated PJs and the like. Wide acceptance of a system that left a player alive but battlefield ineffective might actually become the fertile ground for new game modes where the number of deaths/respawns count and getting a badly wounded player off the battlefield *alive* might not incur the same penalty as simply bleeding out and respawning.

Feature request "Cover": MCC has a very nice cover system, similar to RO2, where you automatically lean/peak around cover when you bring up your iron sites. I'd love to have this option in ACE3. :D

GREAT WORK, so far! I look forward to the first public release (and it's use on servers!) very much!

Hi there, is it possible to add Narcan to the list of drugs to administer? Also can we have what CSE had? Airway management and such?

Climbing: I know this worked (sort of) in AGM and I was excited to hear it would be continued in ACE3. However I have yet to get climbing to work now. I understand it may take a certain view angle to trigger the ability but wish there was some sort of visual indicator like the door or ladder ones to let you know when you have acquired the option. Ultimately this feature would continue to be polished to the point that it is much more reliable and predictable but a visual cue could be an adequate substitute or placeholder.

You could mess around with

{[player] call ace_movement_fnc_canClimb} call ace_common_fnc_monitor

in the editor to get a better feel for it. I don't want the intersection checks running all the time just to show an icon for this or something. Wouldn't be worth the performance impact it causes, imo (even if it's just a small one on it's own)