noubernou

ACE3 - A collaborative merger between AGM, CSE, and ACE

if anyone is interested I'm building ACE3 everyday to test new features and changes/fixes.

You can find my latest build here ;)

https://mega.co.nz/#F!F5QnDT5K!C4SXTTRKlMSzQbl76s07Qg

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B79tYxP6-NhyfjVXWWpKV0tUNExGVWhOandlanl1UnZfaEcyZGJqeE5LSHJFMVNTU0xpLVk&usp=sharing

Big THANK YOU! Can you please create some share on Google Drive with daily updates or maybe notify us by posting new download links in this thread?

EDIT: I haven't seen the post above. Once again thank you!:-)

I'm really new to ACE and don't know about advance medical function, some times i can't even stop the bleeding, any place to read tutorial would be really great, already check github

My friends and I have been testing out the version posted on six and there are several issues we've run into:

1. the overlay drops fps by as much as 15 when interacting with another person, don't know if this is due to how it's implemented or due to the way arma 3 is but it is more prevalent on AMD cores than intel ones.

2. The prevent death mechanic in the medic module works for AI as well as players, and causes players to die from an unknown cause after they have been bandaged and all healing stopped, as if there is some hidden death counter. (this was once an issue in AGM but was fixed at some point)

3. Unconscious AI continues to use mounted weapons, guns mounted on vehicles or fixed installments, this also was once an issue in AGM but was fixed, don't know how it got back but I'm hoping it gets fixed soon :)

4. AI seems to retain part of it's sentience whilst unconscious, leading to weird situations where all the unconscious AI bodies try to point in your direction.

That's all the bugs we found, hope it helps :)

I'm really new to ACE and don't know about advance medical function, some times i can't even stop the bleeding, any place to read tutorial would be really great, already check github

As far as I know, there is no documentation of the feature yet, and the feature is not even finished yet.

You might want to keep an eye on the official wiki. Once there is documentation available, I'm sure it will be posted there:

http://ace3mod.com/wiki/index.html

can we please enable and configure features with serverside config file instead of messing with .pbo files?

i really enjoyed the way CSE was configured, as i didn't need to have a reposityry with custom mod, compared to annoyance of agm.

in this way i was able to have baseline of settings on server and enable specific features through modules in missions, so one scenarios were low tech and others with blufor tracker etc

can we please enable and configure features with serverside config file instead of messing with .pbo files?

i really enjoyed the way CSE was configured, as i didn't need to have a reposityry with custom mod, compared to annoyance of agm.

in this way i was able to have baseline of settings on server and enable specific features through modules in missions, so one scenarios were low tech and others with blufor tracker etc

I liked the real modularity of agm. Not that it was imposible to disable features in CSE but you never were able to get rid of unwanted config entries and unecessary stuff which was covered by other mods you prefered over CSE. The AGM style keeps your repository clean and reduces potential problems and side-effects when someone preferes to use other mods for which reason whatsoever. You know that you still have modules which you can place on the map to disable certain features? I would suggest you create a ticket in the ace bug tracker for missing modules to temporarily disable features.

I liked the real modularity of agm. Not that it was imposible to disable features in CSE but you never were able to get rid of unwanted config entries and unecessary stuff which was covered by other mods you prefered over CSE. The AGM style keeps your repository clean and reduces potential problems and side-effects when someone preferes to use other mods for which reason whatsoever. You know that you still have modules which you can place on the map to disable certain features? I would suggest you create a ticket in the ace bug tracker for missing modules to temporarily disable features.

I believe you have the two mixed up. As of the last time I built a mission with either mod CSE was far more modular by enabling/disabling specific functions through the actual modules function in game. AGM came as is, meaning if you didn't want a specific function you had to remove the PBO built for it. The unofficial ACE seems to lend from CSE heavily so far, though it is obvious some core functions (such as the interaction system) are built right into the framework with only a single module in place as of this writing to enable/disable team functions.

As far as I know, there is no documentation of the feature yet, and the feature is not even finished yet.

You might want to keep an eye on the official wiki. Once there is documentation available, I'm sure it will be posted there:

http://ace3mod.com/wiki/index.html

cheers

They've said you will be able to.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?190433-ACE3-A-collaborative-merger-between-AGM-CSE-and-ACE&p=2912349&viewfull=1#post2912349

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?190433-ACE3-A-collaborative-merger-between-AGM-CSE-and-ACE&p=2921906&viewfull=1#post2921906

Yea I hope they would fix this soon too but I highly doubt they will anytime soon :(.

Official Alert!

I would like to ask that any content aggregation services, like SIX or Armaholic PLEASE refrain from posting any releases that are NOT announced by myself or the current author of any official ACE3 thread (in the future all official threads on BIF will be posted via the ACEMod user).

We would also like to remind all current users that any builds released here so far are NOT officially condoned by the ACE team. We will do nothing to prevent them from being posted, but be aware that we can neither vouch for the quality or the security of the content held within, and it is a use at your own risk situation!

Official Alert!

I would like to ask that any content aggregation services, like SIX or Armaholic PLEASE refrain from posting any releases that are NOT announced by myself or the current author of any official ACE3 thread (in the future all official threads on BIF will be posted via the ACEMod user).

We would also like to remind all current users that any builds released here so far are NOT officially condoned by the ACE team. We will do nothing to prevent them from being posted, but be aware that we can neither vouch for the quality or the security of the content held within, and it is a use at your own risk situation!

Thanks. I've been patiently waiting for the first official release myself. At the very least, b/c I want to wait until the ACE team feels it is fully baked enough to do so. Additionally, b/c when I see an unofficial version of the mod pop up on play withsix that uses an author name that suggests it is an official release, it seems a little underhanded.

Your interaction menu is terrible for people who use aiming deadzone. What was wrong with the way AGM did it? The AGM menu was faster also, because you didn't have to drag your mouse all over the screen. You could press keys on your keyboard to navigate through the menu.

Your interaction menu is terrible for people who use aiming deadzone. What was wrong with the way AGM did it? The AGM menu was faster also, because you didn't have to drag your mouse all over the screen. You could press keys on your keyboard to navigate through the menu.

Nothing was wrong with it. The ACe 3 system is simply cooler.

I agree with that. Why do i need to see 500 icons on the screen when i only want to give me a bandage? The CSE Style is a good overview what is possible but not for fast actions where you need to select a part of a body to check pulse or give morphine. I hope this is not the "complex" variant because its only time-consuming, nothing more. For complex i wish there would be decisions to make, not only increase the list from 3 to 5 scrolling down everytime someone is hit. Time-consuming is NOT complex!

Edited by Numrollen

Nothing was wrong with it. The ACe 3 system is simply cooler.

Agreed. The time it takes one to diagnose someone's injury just got me killed.. I like that

New system is much better, IMO. You have to move your mouse a lot, change position, furthermore it is more beautiful and gives more immersion. It may take time to get used to it, but then you love it.

Aiming deadzone (which I've used since ArmA 2) made the ACE Interaction menu untolerable, so I had to turn it off and I'm not happy about it.

Also adaptive crosshair I had to turn off because it's kind of odd to have the red "interaction" circle be misplaced from my crosshair..A legacy option for the old menu like ACE2 or AGM would be great...If not, some solution for aiming deadzone would be grand.

Kind regards,

Sanchez

Feature request:

If engine is damaged (orange or red), add some random engine stalls and maybe difficulties with start engine (for example, more than 1 attempt needed to start it).

Aiming deadzone (which I've used since ArmA 2) made the ACE Interaction menu untolerable, so I had to turn it off and I'm not happy about it.

Also adaptive crosshair I had to turn off because it's kind of odd to have the red "interaction" circle be misplaced from my crosshair..A legacy option for the old menu like ACE2 or AGM would be great...If not, some solution for aiming deadzone would be grand.

Kind regards,

Sanchez

I got a hint for you. Use for example windows+alt or ctrl+alt key combo or something like that for the menu. Something that does toggles the freelook at the same time.