noubernou

ACE3 - A collaborative merger between AGM, CSE, and ACE

Could someone please update the PWS Version? I'm honestly to lazy to try to get the github version running. Would be cool if someone that already has an actual version would just upload it somewhere and send it to the PWS guys or upload it somewhere and at least send it to me. Thanks.:rolleyes:

I'm honestly to lazy to try to get the github version running

You should wait for an official release then.

Is there any faster way to pack the 71 folders to pbos than by doing it one-by-one? I've tried PboProject, PboManager, Cpbo, Mikero's tools, Eliteness, looking for a mass pack option...no cigar.

Kind regards,

Sanchez

[...]

You wont put a bandage on someones head from interacting with their feet in real life, you have to adapt to situations and problem solve. You are trying to make everything too easy. ;)

[...]

I agree nothing should be too easy.

But I think there is a difference between making *choosing the right action* difficult and making the action *execution* difficult. Patching someone could imho very well be a minigame, where you have to press a key rythmically to simulate/activate first aid movements. This would focus your attention to the medical action and wont be boring either.

*Choosing the action* on the other hand should not be fiddly or difficult even in combat. Even under stress I certainly wont mistake switching weapons with taking out a bandage for example.

Admittedly I still have to try the ACE3 interaction, didnt came up in my build. Wont make my point invalid anyway I guess.

After bringing up Self Interaction menu via Cntrl/Win key -how do you actually confirm a selection? Pretty nifty looking so far, jus cant use it :P

After bringing up Self Interaction menu via Cntrl/Win key -how do you actually confirm a selection? Pretty nifty looking so far, jus cant use it :P

Re-bind the key in controls -> configure addons if control+win is blocking mouse input..

When hovering the selection you want just release Ctrl+Win to select.

Is there any faster way to pack the 71 folders to pbos than by doing it one-by-one? I've tried PboProject, PboManager, Cpbo, Mikero's tools, Eliteness, looking for a mass pack option...no cigar.

Kind regards,

Sanchez

This page describes how to build ACE3 from source:

http://ace3mod.com/wiki/development/setting-up-the-development-environment.html

When hovering the selection you want just release Ctrl+Win to select.

AHhahahaha! Ok, now I feel dumb

Edit: Also Im trying this version ACE for campaign and can't find a way to detonate demolition pack in Bingo Fuel other than the Timer option.

Edited by froggyluv

AHhahahaha! Ok, now I feel dumb

Edit: Also Im trying this version ACE for campaign and can't find a way to detonate demolition pack in Bingo Fuel other than the Timer option.

Did you pick up a detonation device?

Not sure what you mean, I start the Bingo Fuel mission which normally gives you a Satchel to deal with some of the armor. With ACE, it's replaced with a M112 Demolition Block and no remote activator of any kind.

Ahhh yeah you can't get one then, you will only have a timer option. Since the explosive part is from AGM (i believe correct me if I'm wrong please) they added in detonation devices which were required to set them off remotely, otherwise you have to use the timer. Since you're in a mission that probably wasn't built with ACE or AGM you wouldn't have the remote detonator. However if you were in a mission that had arsenal you would see these detonation devices listed uner the misc items.

Hopefully that makes since.

Yup, surely does :)

Maybe they could add the detonator since its automatically detecting satchels and replacing the classname so Campaign and older mission can retain gameplay balance.

that would be fun... though I have no idea HOW they would do that... it would just be cool to flip a switch and everyone spawns with one or turn it off if you don't want it added automatically.

Anyone else having major performance issues with ACE3 when lots of bullets are flying around? It seems to be because bullets don't despawn after three seconds, like they do in vanilla. They just go on and on and on, so you end up with hundreds of projectiles being simulated at once and performance drops to abysmal levels. I'm not even using the advanced ballistics module, so that's not the problem.

@Brisse, are you using the PWS/Armaholic release? We decreased the bullet timeToLive value at a later time.

Yes, I am. Glad to hear it's been tweaked.

I didn't have that problem, but using the PWS version, I had huge lag spikes and frame drop when firing the cannon on the kajman or other heavy aircraft. I went from like 20 something FPS to about 2-3 for several seconds after firing each time.

Maybe those projectiles have frag simulation enabled? That might be a big performance hog if you fire a lot of shells in a short amount of time.

Edit: Looked in the code. Does not seem frag is enabled for those ammunition types after all.

Edited by Brisse

Does the cellphone work? I have been trying to figure it out for a while now.

It tried it a few days ago with the PWS/Armaholic unofficial release by MikeTim and it does work. Plant a IED and then you will get a code. Call that number (the code) with the cellphone, and boom.

Question server-side

https://github.com/acemod/ACE3/tree/master/optionals

the "server" directory have to been converted into pbo and run on server? or is meant only for debugging?

the userconfig is required on client/server or both?

The server folder in optionals is a pbo only used on the server side; same with the files in the userconfig folder. If you use the server pbo, you will require the userconfig folder on your server. Clients will require neither (and shouldn't want to use the server pbo or userconfig files at all).

It is meant as an easy way to adjust all and any ACE setting for all missions on a server. Documentation on the server config and settings framework is not yet written but I imaging that will be sometime soon.

what about including something like radiation, radiation meter, and pills to treat the radiation?

we´ve got objects in game (device and tempest device)that can be used to simply...radiate xD