noubernou

ACE3 - A collaborative merger between AGM, CSE, and ACE

May somebody post a new build? Has not found any ready to go pbo's since unofficial 0.0.1 alpha.

already done mate.

Sweet! Do u have an example or a link to the function?

Ok solved, didnt unpbo the latest arma 3 version into P

Edited by ramius86

@J3aLeiNe, also, no parallax adjustment, because it was only needed for the mirage effect.

Join the public slack chat, if you want to discuss the advanced ballistics module:

* https://github.com/acemod/ACE3/issues/429

Go here, if you have a specific feature request:

* https://github.com/acemod/ACE3/issues/414

Thanks for the clarification Ruth, I'm glad to hear you guys have been working hard on getting ballistics right! <3

Being a nerd for optics, I was super excited and certainly impressed with the ACE3 optics overhaul and the implementation of Ruthberg's AB. Especially the new DMS reticle, God bless your attention to first focal plane. Would it be possible to implement something along the lines of Horus reticles along with the ones you've already improved. Maybe an H50 for the DMS to emulate something like a Horus Talon, and an H25 or TReMoR2 in a LRPS or similar to emulate a Schmidt and Bender PMII or Leupold MK6, something of that nature. I think it would be an interesting function because all of the current reticles are designed for a shooter to spin turrets for range and wind calls, whereas to compliment different styles, the Horus reticles could fall right in line with the current ballistics system, however a shooter could establish their desired zero then use holds for range and wind for more rapid engagements. And since you've got FFP down pat, it would work out perfectly and truly bring the glory that is Horus into Arma. Examples below:

H50 - https://www.horusvision.com/img/h50.swf

H25 - https://www.horusvision.com/img/h25.swf

TReMoR2 - https://www.horusvision.com/img/ht2falcon.swf

PS: Sorry to fall in line with the hopers and dreamers but I think you guys have the juice to be the ones to do it right.

Place down the advanced ballistics Module!

OK, but I cannot find the proper module. Where is it and how it exactly called?

EDIT:

"ACE3 now has two modules that affect small arms ballistics.

a) Wind Deflection (enabled by default)

b) Advanced Ballistics (disabled by default)"

I can see "Wind Deflection" but there is nothing like "Advanced Ballistics" in ACE tab in modules.

- :yay:THROW MAG TO AN ALLY (If a team mate is under fire without ammo, you dont need to go there and receive fire :D simply throw the mag)

I have a WiP addon for that. Player only atm; I need to be able to think more clearly than currently to get the AI (especially ammo-bearers) to lob mags to team-mates. I'll post a short video clip next month (b/w very tight after various A3 upgrades & mod downloads this month). As it involves configs it has to be an addon; also initial version will be limited to vanilla ammo.

I can see "Wind Deflection" but there is nothing like "Advanced Ballistics" in ACE tab in modules.
It was added today, you're most likely using an older version of ACE3.

It’s a good bet that I am using an older version because I have the one from PWS.

@Ruthberg, is it something like changelog for ACE3?

@Ruthberg, is it something like changelog for ACE3?

You can follow the project on github and see what the developers do. It's not quite a changelog, but you wont see that until the official release comes, and they start making updates for it.

I really don't care for the new menu interaction system. I've been running into a lot of issues. For one, it's too small. There's no need for it to be that small except that you guys are trying to map stuff onto bodies and shit. That's not worth the loss in accuracy in tense situations. The system needs to be used in COMBAT. Hovering over something, hoping it opens up accurately then doing that again and again on small icons is not optimal for that.

This is why I was worried about CSE's team being involved. Their stuff tries to be too flashy and shiny. AGM was basically just ACE. It was functional, it fit the aesthetic, but it was still really simple to use.

I know this is harsh but I really don't like this. You had a system that worked really well. It could have used some tweaking with the expanded features in ACE3, but come on. Now I have to worry if I'm close enough to the left arm or not? Even though I can get the right arm, while standing on the left side? Why not just pop me into a menu with a diagram and let me quickly get around with a menu with everything in the same place every time. Not to mention figuring what part of the body needs things that have nothing to do with particular limbs.

The system you have now is cool. It could even be better for SOME interactions. But not everything. Give us better menus, not prettier flashier menus. Or at least options to make things static (even for interaction menu stuff like giving someone medical treatment) and increase the scale.

I know I'll get bitched out for giving honest feedback but I wouldn't say it if I didn't mean it and didn't think the team couldn't handle it.

Looking forward to seeing how this evolves.

I really don't care for the new menu interaction system. I've been running into a lot of issues. For one, it's too small. There's no need for it to be that small except that you guys are trying to map stuff onto bodies and shit. That's not worth the loss in accuracy in tense situations. The system needs to be used in COMBAT. Hovering over something, hoping it opens up accurately then doing that again and again on small icons is not optimal for that.

This is why I was worried about CSE's team being involved. Their stuff tries to be too flashy and shiny. AGM was basically just ACE. It was functional, it fit the aesthetic, but it was still really simple to use.

I know this is harsh but I really don't like this. You had a system that worked really well. It could have used some tweaking with the expanded features in ACE3, but come on. Now I have to worry if I'm close enough to the left arm or not? Even though I can get the right arm, while standing on the left side? Why not just pop me into a menu with a diagram and let me quickly get around with a menu with everything in the same place every time. Not to mention figuring what part of the body needs things that have nothing to do with particular limbs.

The system you have now is cool. It could even be better for SOME interactions. But not everything. Give us better menus, not prettier flashier menus. Or at least options to make things static (even for interaction menu stuff like giving someone medical treatment) and increase the scale.

I know I'll get bitched out for giving honest feedback but I wouldn't say it if I didn't mean it and didn't think the team couldn't handle it.

I agree with you for the most part except that your message is way too agressive. I think ACE team is open for feedback maybe you should write down your arguments there : https://github.com/acemod/ACE3/issues/414

Edited by Sparfell_19

I really hate to say it, but I have to agree with the above post.

The interaction system as it is now (I'm very aware of the state of the current build) is way to fiddly and hard to use even in a 2 player session (with no enemies) just shooting each other in the feet to try things out. Escalating it just a bit to a firefight took it to close to hair pulling levels for me. A few teachings mention gross motor skills when you are under stress and I think this actually applies here as well. Big buttons > small buttons.

I might be old and slow (;D), but it became quite a hassle just using the GUI and took the focus away from its functionality ...the stuff that makes the mod super fun and immersive. It became all about just defeating the GUI, getting in the correct position to actually even see or use the interaction spot and not so much getting a person up on his/her feet again :)

Same goes for self-interaction. Just finding the correct function takes quite a while, AGM is way more intuitive even tho there's not that much of a change when it comes to menu names in some strange way. The quick keys in AGM is pure gold and I use them alot to be able to do things quick when time is in short supply, I didn't found any similar way of doing things in ACE3.

This, ofc, just being my $0.02. I don't mean it to be a rant, it's just a point of view from my perspective and I hope it's taken that way.

Keep up the good work, I'm one of the many that REALLY looks forward to whenever ACE3 gets released :)

Someone said a while back that the action menu was drastically impacting performance and I can confirm this. Inside the back of a Huron with 12 players and then opening the interaction menu dropped me from 20 fps to 11 fps.

I agree with ou for the most part except that your message is way too agressive. I think ACE team is open for feedback maybe you should write down your arguments there : https://github.com/acemod/ACE3/issues/414

That's a feature request thread, I haven't seen a good spot dedicated to feedback on existing features, but maybe I'm just not looking in the right spots.

newest build 10 minites ago(from github repository[not zip]), javelin and titans still can't lock on anything.

today's javelin/titan, can't lock anything. even if push down ACE's lock on button.

You need to be in NFOV and thermal to lock.

---------- Post added at 05:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:57 PM ----------

newest build 10 minites ago(from github repository[not zip]), javelin and titans still can't lock on anything.

See previous post.

You need to be in NFOV and thermal to lock.

my bad, thank you.

however, it can't seem to hit over around 1.6km.

missiles blow up in the air.

and once change fire mode to dir, can't change back anymore.

and any AI missile useless now, they can't fly to enemies.

also Titan AA and other any titan based weapons are useless now. (wrong flight path or can't fire)

btw, anti personal missile need to lock on. is it realistic?

Edited by Arkblade

my bad, thank you.

however, it can't seem to hit over around 1.6km.

missiles blow up in the air.

and once change fire mode to dir, can't change back anymore.

and any AI missile useless now, they can't fly to enemies.

also Titan AA and other any titan based weapons are useless now. (wrong flight path or can't fire)

btw, anti personal missile need to lock on. is it realistic?

Fixed, fixed, and fixed. Please start filing tickets on these things as we don't read the thread much. See here for the guidelines on filing issues: http://ace3mod.com/wiki/user/how-to-report-an-issue.html

Maybe youre thinking this the wrong way. I think its really good that you need to focus on what you are doing and you need to do it right especially in combat and under stress. Why does it have to work so arcady like ACE and AGM? You wont put a bandage on someones head from interacting with their feet in real life, you have to adapt to situations and problem solve. You are trying to make everything too easy. ;)

I love the consept of this new interaction system and it really brings something new and innovative in the table, sure it might need some small tweaking regarding performance if possible but all in all its a great thing to have.

Maybe youre thinking this the wrong way. I think its really good that you need to focus on what you are doing and you need to do it right especially in combat and under stress. Why does it have to work so arcady like ACE and AGM? You wont put a bandage on someones head from interacting with their feet in real life, you have to adapt to situations and problem solve. You are trying to make everything too easy. ;)

I love the consept of this new interaction system and it really brings something new and innovative in the table, sure it might need some small tweaking regarding performance if possible but all in all its a great thing to have.

Exactly! It is not easy but definitely very intuitive!

+1!