noubernou

ACE3 - A collaborative merger between AGM, CSE, and ACE

- Field rations

- Civilian interrogation (reaction depending your stance. Ie: They´ll tell you everything about a secret enemy base if you aiming to his head LOL)

CSE had both although not completely finished. Hopefully we'll see both of those return down the line.

Is the version on PwS marked unofficial the on we want? i.e will that one be updated?

Climbing is already in ACE3. Just walk up to a stone wall in Agia Marina, or some kind of object/wall that doesn't look too high, and press "Ctrl + V" while looking at it up close. Sometimes you have to look at a certain point of a wall to be able to climb. It seems like a basic work-in-progress, but functions decently enough.

I'm super Excited to see the updated ballistics, does anyone know if the updated ballistics model is going to include penetration or will that just be base ARMA but distance, bullet speed, flight path, drift, impact will be ACE3's model?

today's javelin/titan, can't lock anything. even if push down ACE's lock on button.

Noticed that when you wear tinted eye wear your vision will get coloured with what you are wearing. eg red

Though for example when skiing and wearing orange goggles your vision will correct for the colour difference and it will get less.

So could we get the effect to fade over time and when you take them off everything goes high contrast. (this is really nit picking) Love you guys :)

I'm super Excited to see the updated ballistics, does anyone know if the updated ballistics model is going to include penetration or will that just be base ARMA but distance, bullet speed, flight path, drift, impact will be ACE3's model?

There's a ballistics PBO in the @ace folder so I assume they've done some ballistics adjustments to ArmA 3. Plus, don't forget that wind is now a factor to consider when firing at targets, especially at longer distances!

PS: The blast fragmentations are so damn sexy. THANK YOU ACE!

There's a ballistics PBO in the @ace folder so I assume they've done some ballistics adjustments to ArmA 3. Plus, don't forget that wind is now a factor to consider when firing at targets, especially at longer distances!

I knew they were doing some adjustments (Hence my excitement) I believe they said they were basing it off of some C++ code that would calculate the correct ballistics of the different calibers and I love the current model in AGM I'm all for anything that makes ballistics more accurate to RL (Gun nerd). So my question is really to the extent of if they're planning on adding in penetration but I'm not sure if that's controlled by the ballistics of the caliber and round or by the material the of the object being hit so it may be unreasonable to expect a change like this, and again how accurate is the code that's calculating the ballistics?

I'm just curious is all :D And super excited!!!

I was wondering if someone can elaborate on the realistic night and thermal vision you guys are going for.

Are there still changes to be done on this or is it already final? :D

Probably based on this.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?181324-Advanced-Ballistics-%28WIP%29

I hope it is just as realistic in ace. Sniping should be hard and not easy , ruthbergs mod I feel hits a nice balance where if you dedicate time and effort you an get really good at shooting long range but at the same time nothing prevents you from just picking a rifle up and being relatively accurate.

The real question is will this terrific wind affect artillery, rpgs, mortars, etc.

I would also be interested to know what's going to happen with night vision and thermal in ACE. I really liked the idea of the different generations of NVG in AGM, but sadly the AI do not get affected by it at all, so playing with anything less than the Gen4/Wide versions meant you were up against enemies with better NVG tech than you, even if they were supposed to be a ill-equipped militia or the like.

I wouldn't worry about it, Soulis6.

Even with NVGs, AI are blind as bats and unlikely to pay attention to anything that isn't 50m in front of their nose. So in being treated unfairly by ACE, you're just moving closer to parity with your foes.

what about including ZIP WIRES. Like in Battlefield Hardline?

Could be awesome.

what about including ZIP WIRES. Like in Battlefield Hardline?

Could be awesome.

You mean like in Battlefield 2, Special Forces in 2005?

That would be very cool, if its hard enough to not be overused. (gear and so on)

You mean like in Battlefield 2, Special Forces in 2005?

That would be very cool, if its hard enough to not be overused. (gear and so on)

okay like in BF2 hahaha

the ropes are already inplemented in ArmA3 (Helicopters).

they could use that ropes and its physics to do that.

I knew they were doing some adjustments (Hence my excitement) I believe they said they were basing it off of some C++ code that would calculate the correct ballistics of the different calibers and I love the current model in AGM I'm all for anything that makes ballistics more accurate to RL (Gun nerd). So my question is really to the extent of if they're planning on adding in penetration but I'm not sure if that's controlled by the ballistics of the caliber and round or by the material the of the object being hit so it may be unreasonable to expect a change like this, and again how accurate is the code that's calculating the ballistics?

I'm just curious is all :D And super excited!!!

Probably based on this.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?181324-Advanced-Ballistics-%28WIP%29

I hope it is just as realistic in ace. Sniping should be hard and not easy , ruthbergs mod I feel hits a nice balance where if you dedicate time and effort you an get really good at shooting long range but at the same time nothing prevents you from just picking a rifle up and being relatively accurate.

The real question is will this terrific wind affect artillery, rpgs, mortars, etc.

Ruthberg has confirmed that he is working with implementing his Advanced Ballistics Mod in ACE3. Ruthbergs mod was already in C++, and it was implemented in CSE so it makes a lot of sense. I assume this means that the old AGM ballistics will be thrown out and replaced with Ruthbergs code (which is good since it is superior in my opinion), but I cannot find Ruthbergs mod anywhere in the source code so the work is probably not finished yet. That also means you cannot test it in the unofficial release builds, because it ain't there yet.

Edit: Jusging by the last comments from Ruthberg, it seems that AB will be an optional module. I guess when it's not active we will have the old AGM ballistics after all? AGM wasn't much different from vanilla, except a few tweaked config values and wind deflection.

Edited by Brisse

is it possible to add self interaction entries like it was in AGM?

ACE3 now has two modules that affect small arms ballistics.

a) Wind Deflection (enabled by default)

b) Advanced Ballistics (disabled by default)

All ammo/magazine and weapon configs are now located in the ballistics module.

ACE3 now has two modules that affect small arms ballistics.

a) Wind Deflection (enabled by default)

b) Advanced Ballistics (disabled by default)

All ammo/magazine and weapon configs are now located in the ballistics module.

How to enable Advanced Ballistics?

How to enable Advanced Ballistics?

Place down the advanced ballistics Module!

is it possible to add self interaction entries like it was in AGM?

already done mate.

Is it the full advanced ballistics experience or are some features missing compared to the standalone version?

The ballistics are identical. The only feature that is missing right now is the mirage effect.

What about the parallax adjustment, Ruthberg ?

You said that it won't be implemented for ACE3 ?