noubernou

ACE3 - A collaborative merger between AGM, CSE, and ACE

Yeah - I also agree that it would be nice to have an option to increase the UI size. A 'classic' option (like AGM's current UI) might also be nice for those that prefer it. Or maybe an option to use a 2D version of the current UI (i.e. you use a mouse cursor instead of pointing with your avatar).

Really liking the current UI system so far though (as in the way the menus expand/collapse, and how quick it is to select them).

A few more tweaks and it'll be there.

Edit: One of our members just posted this:

For those that haven't seen the option, for self-interaction you can remove the character movement and revert to a standard cursor point/click UI:

- ACE OPTIONS (top left on menu screen)

- Always display cursor for self interaction: change to YES.

Edited by MisterGoodson

Can someone give me a few hints about what I'm doing wrong when I'm trying to build ace from github sources.

I get this error.

And if I check the logs they show me this.

I get that these lines point inside of the arma's pbos but what do I do with it.

It's an error we are working on fixing.

What if ACE 3 is not in the drop down menu?

Then you probably are not running the latest version of CBA :)

Try updating and seeing if that works.

If not, make sure you are running version 1.42 of ArmA3

Played with ACE 3 a little bit and love the features it adds. One major request would be to implement the old AGM medical module setting "Use Single Bandage" which basically allowed players to use a bandage or two (depending on the severity of the injury) to stop the bleeding of the overall player's body, instead of having to bandage each individual body part. The current medical system is cool, but the Single Bandage method is much more convenient for smaller groups of players. Thanks!

It won't happen for advanced medical I don't think, however for basic medical it's def an option.

Give it a little (until release or a little after) for us to finish more of it (it's still being worked on!) and if the feature is not there, feel free to throw it in as a feature request :)

On our public chatroom (https://github.com/acemod/ACE3/issues/429) we also have a channel dedicated for discussing the medical system ;)

I don't personally don't like the idea of making everything optional. On the one hand, of course, you can play exactly the way you want. On the other hand playing across several communities will create a barrier because every community will have slightly different values/settings , in particular medical settings.

Every community may have different settings, however most should be running the same ACE3 PBOs, so in 95% of cases you won't need to download anything extra.

And sure, you'd have to figure out the differences, but it's not much different to how things were with CSE, AGM, XMed, and the others. Instead of different systems, it'd just be different settings in the same system.

I thought it was very good the first time I tried it, but it gets a bit clunky to use when in combat.

Try to put on the advanced medical modules and you will see that it is very hard to choose the right stuff from that tiny menu.

I hope they add a optional version that increases clarity of the text and adds a bigger font size. Maybe also an alternative UI more like the AGM one is better when you need a lot of interaction as an advanced medic?

Different UI sizes is definitely an option!

Have a quick scan through our issue list (https://github.com/acemod/ACE3/issues/) and if you don't see it there or in our feature request issue (https://github.com/acemod/ACE3/issues/414), you can make a post on that feature request issue (#414) and request it!

We also have a channel in our public slack chatroom about the interaction menu (https://github.com/acemod/ACE3/issues/429)

Edited by kieran_s

My god, where has this been all my life. The new 3D-like action menu is a massive improvement (replacement?) of the vanilla A3 action menu. It's really easy and quick to use.

Worst thing ever made, no offence but it works and looks rly bad. Thx god we have source and old flexi is WIP here....

Worst thing ever made, no offence but it works and looks rly bad. Thx god we have source and old flexi is WIP here....

Gotta disagree there alduric. MUCH better than we have ever had.

I think that's a bit harsh. Not too sure what you find so bad about it:

http://i.imgur.com/Jw0OJOy.gifv

Yeah the new interaction menu is great, however I would welcome some more options.. for example, I think it would be better if the interaction menu would behave the same as the self-interaction (with cursor etc.). Because sometimes it's really messy when you have to interact between 3 people and there are options everywhere on everyone and the performance is terrible. Another cool thing would be the option to switch between holding and clicking.

Got to give props for you making the map look more clear. Certain zoom has bit too much of those elevation lines but otherwise it pleases my eyes more than the vanilla. More visible town names on the far zoom would be welcome. Their font is maybe too thin.

I think that's a bit harsh. Not too sure what you find so bad about it:

http://i.imgur.com/Jw0OJOy.gifv

Not always as clear as that. Some pictures to illustrate the readability problem :

http://i.imgur.com/z3hYtx8.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/4Hf215z.jpg

But I gess the ACE team is already aware about that and I hope they will integrate as much customization options as possible.

when that interaction menu is up, too cycle thru them fast , maybe the TAB key or custom modifier to choose a action...

Do anyone else think that gestures shouldn't be on anykind of menu?I remember Agm, I recall CSE and

it always felt slow and cluncky accessing through the menu when you need it in split second.

For example, imagine rifle raise being on on the menu instead of binded key.

In my opinion it should be binded just on keys, pretty much like in ACE1!

it would be nice if i didn't have to hold the self interaction key, but just toggle it instead. Also would it be possible to change colors of the interaction menu

Regarding the medical system, I wasn't implying that there should be an optional medical PBO, I was suggesting that there should be an option added to the Medical module placed in the mission for "Use Single Bandage" like AGM had, before ACE3.

Also, I'm starting to get used to the new interaction system. It makes more sense now why the whole character's orientation moves with the interaction menu, since the actions are "attached" to specific parts of the body that you have to actually physically look at to select. I kind of like it. It'd be nice if the selection/highlighting of interaction options was more responsive and faster, but aside from that, it feels much more intuitive than what I've seen before.

Sorry if this was already touched on. I was wondering what kind of "long-range marksman/sniperish" stuff will be implemented. I know parts of Ruthbergs AB, Kestral and ATragMX will be used(which is awesome), but is there anything else planned? For example will the Mcmillan TAC-50 make an appearance along with other rifles? Is there a possibility of spotting scopes with ballistic reticles. Maybe more scopes with "Xmas tree" reticles?

Also, how will ammo and magazines be implemented. Will all weapons use the same ammunition/magazine database? As opposed to having 3 different STANAG w/M855A1 for 3 different mods. I hope that made sense. Anyway, thanks again for making this mod.

Didn't spot anything about Hungarian translations. Anyone working on that?

I think It would help massively with readability if the UI icons would be connected by lines, so that you can see what goes where / what is a part of what

Frames (circles, rectangles, hexes, etc) around the icons would also help, and different Frame shapes could also help differentiating between a "sub menu" and a "main menu"... provided all that is possible to do in the first place

Left windows is interaction menu

left control + left windows is self-interaction menu

Edit: Sniped by Kremator... Good work :P

how i do for change the interactions keys? is that my keyboard not have left windows key only have right windows key

Also, how will ammo and magazines be implemented. Will all weapons use the same ammunition/magazine database? As opposed to having 3 different STANAG w/M855A1 for 3 different mods. I hope that made sense. Anyway, thanks again for making this mod.

That's not up to ACE3 to decide. It's up to the third party addon maker. ACE3 will probably include some common ammunition that addon makers can use if they so choose. Other mods might choose to write all the ammunition themselves, which is what I have done to Swedish Forces Pack.

Magazines have been necessary to do individually for each mod, but BI implemented something called "magazine groups" recently which should make it feasible to share magazines among different mods, but I (and others) haven't gotten it to work yet.

@Brisse

Ok hopefully that could be implemented at some point. Thanks for the reply. Love your Swedish Force Pack btw

yes. go into Controls > Configure addons > Ace3 (in the drop-down menu).

OK. thank you for the advice guys. It worked

So what features have people found so far, besides action menu stuff, deafness, ragdolls, the Spike ATGM, medical system (wow!), explosives and frag (causes serious stuttering atm)?

I've had some interesting results with the medical system so far. I had an RGO grenade go off 20-30m away and I escaped serious injury, but my screen took on a hazy grey tint. The next grenade made me start bleeding, but in no particular body part, so I couldn't bandage it.

Edit: Silly me, there are already loads of new items and features. It's amazing how much of ACE 2 has already been recreated. You guys are incredible.

And not just recreated, but recreated must better. The new interaction system is revolutionary for all these little features like map tools and DAGRs. We all went through so much pain trying to keep all those keybindings straight, with the system always getting screwed up by updates and player profiles. But now it just works .

Anyways, anyone know the keys for the Spike and sniper scope adjustments?

Edited by maturin

So what features have people found so far, besides action menu stuff, deafness, ragdolls, the Spike ATGM, medical system (wow!), explosives and frag (causes serious stuttering atm)?

I've had some interesting results with the medical system so far. I had an RGO grenade go off 20-30m away and I escaped serious injury, but my screen took on a hazy grey tint. The next grenade made me start bleeding, but in no particular body part, so I couldn't bandage it.

The medical system is still undergoing work.

If you can reproduce stuff like that, throw up a bug on our issue tracker :)

Yeah the new interaction menu is great, however I would welcome some more options.. for example, I think it would be better if the interaction menu would behave the same as the self-interaction (with cursor etc.). Because sometimes it's really messy when you have to interact between 3 people and there are options everywhere on everyone and the performance is terrible. Another cool thing would be the option to switch between holding and clicking.

Thats already an option in the ACE Settings menu.

Didn't spot anything about Hungarian translations. Anyone working on that?

Your welcome to start ;) http://acemod.github.io/ACE3/wiki/development/how-to-translate-ace3.html

Been playing around with configuring some swedish frag grenades with ACE3 fragmentation simulation. It's really cool stuff! The amount of fragments that spawn seem to be kind of low though. I can understand if there's some consideration of performance, but is there any way for me to increase the amount of fragments? One of the grenades (in the real world) sends out about 1100 splinters and 230 steel balls at the same time.

Been playing around with configuring some swedish frag grenades with ACE3 fragmentation simulation. It's really cool stuff! The amount of fragments that spawn seem to be kind of low though. I can understand if there's some consideration of performance, but is there any way for me to increase the amount of fragments? One of the grenades (in the real world) sends out about 1100 splinters and 230 steel balls at the same time.

Right, but most of those 1330 pieces don't go very far. They fall inside the lethal radius, and at short distances the damage is represented by vanilla Arma AoE. The frag system is only supposed to model the outlier projectiles that fly much farther*, and actually come close to hitting someone. No need to model the 952 fragments that never came near a victim.

*For instance, the chunk of tail fin from an RPG-7 round that somersaults 250m and smacks you upside the head. Lights out.