noubernou

ACE3 - A collaborative merger between AGM, CSE, and ACE

Played with ACE 3 a little bit and love the features it adds. One major request would be to implement the old AGM medical module setting "Use Single Bandage" which basically allowed players to use a bandage or two (depending on the severity of the injury) to stop the bleeding of the overall player's body, instead of having to bandage each individual body part. The current medical system is cool, but the Single Bandage method is much more convenient for smaller groups of players. Thanks!
Yes it does, but the possibility to have a single bandage option would be great too. It offers more possibilities to customize the game for different playstyles.
I'm not saying the current medical system is bad or unrealistic, but when you're playing with just a couple guys, it can really be a hassle and slow down our progression through a mission, which ultimately can become boring. In larger player scenarios or single-player scenarios I see no problem whatsoever with it. I'd just like the option/capability for mission designers to simplify the medical system in one of the ACE medical modules placed in the mission, just like how AGM's medical module allowed mission designers to do so.

I'm not even talking about the reopening of wounds or medicine overdoses, because those are separate options which can already be enabled/disabled. I'm just talking about adding the option to use a single bandage to stop bleeding of the player's overall character, so that smaller groups like mine don't get bogged down performing complex(ish) medical procedures to treat players. The medical system is good overall, it's just the bandaging part that I'd like the freedom to change. It shouldn't be that difficult for the ACE devs, since part of the team is from AGM's medical system with the Single Bandage module setting, so it shouldn't be as much work for them to implement because, as far as I know, it has already been done before.

/novel

I highly support the idea of a single bandage option, it's what my community is used to and enjoys back in ACE2 as well as with AGM.

Keeping it optional is key imo.

OK pls help. Where is the file for ACE3? I have AGM and it seems to be a little bit broken with the latest Arma3 Update. When we access our inventory I can't see what weapon I have anymore and there lots of notifications about stuff missing. thanks.

OK I found the unofficial release file on Armaholic.

Edited by Pwrmx24

Not a fan of the single bandage option , not even a fan of the option of an advanced or a simple medical system.

Some wounds simply should not be fixable and the old ace 2 medical system was far far too forgiving. Having individual parts of the body require bandaging and even then not being 100 percent sure you can save that players life is the way to go.

Not a fan of the single bandage option , not even a fan of the option of an advanced or a simple medical system.

Some wounds simply should not be fixable and the old ace 2 medical system was far far too forgiving. Having individual parts of the body require bandaging and even then not being 100 percent sure you can save that players life is the way to go.

... or it could simply be made optional

which is why the system is being designed with modularity in mind so no one has to compromise on a system they don't want

I don't personally don't like the idea of making everything optional. On the one hand, of course, you can play exactly the way you want. On the other hand playing across several communities will create a barrier because every community will have slightly different values/settings , in particular medical settings.

I don't personally don't like the idea of making everything optional. On the one hand, of course, you can play exactly the way you want. On the other hand playing across several communities will create a barrier because every community will have slightly different values/settings , in particular medical settings.

At the very least medical systems are based on the modules on the missions so that shouldn't really be an issue. So far ACE doesn't seem to be a very big download so I imagine it wouldn't be to hard to have one unit just re-download so they have all the .pbo's.

We really aren't looking to make the PBOs be optional as much as we are making sure things turn on and off in a modular way at run time. Everyone should have the same PBOs no matter the community (at least this is the ideal).

Barriers is better than having people abandon the system entirely because they don't want it to be too complicated. Some of us use ACE and aren't playing in Milsim groups, there is no reason the remove the modular ability of ACE, it's the best part.

I truly do believe modular is the way to go, that way everyone can be on the same page when it comes to servers and missions.

Can't load prisoners into Vehicles?

After I capture a prisoners,what to do to load him into Vehicles?I try to interactive the vehicles and can't find a option to load him?Is that we can't load prisoners now or I did something wrong?And what's the right way to load them?

And can't we load some items like bobybags or static weapon into a vehicle?

javelins, enemy box be off to the side.

so can't hit long range (over 500m around).

javelins, enemy box be off to the side.

so can't hit long range (over 500m around).

I think there is a way to manually move it and you are talking about the titan right ?

hi ace team,

long awaited mod for me, im very happy since the anouncement.

hope you guys develop the same stuff for the apache ah64 as you did in ace 2

i mostly like to fly this bird.

some idea from me for the rifle scopes:

the scopes should be adjustible not only in 0.1 mil ranges.

a option with a special key combination should give you a in- or decrease

of 10x (1 mil up or down), so the adjusts could be managed much faster.

i told ruthberg, whos be part of your team, the same idea for his

ballisic mod. he includes this idea. so maybe this will come for ace 3 too.

thnx for the work so far. without ace arma isnt arma.

cheers

I think there is a way to manually move it and you are talking about the titan right ?

yes, ace_javelin.pbo(it build today).

i can't find any manually move option.

and new bugs

-once you lock on target, lock on box broken and not return normaly.

-you reload/ move/ anything of Interruption of lock on, lock on gate remain display.

Edited by Arkblade

Barriers is better than having people abandon the system entirely because they don't want it to be too complicated. Some of us use ACE and aren't playing in Milsim groups, there is no reason the remove the modular ability of ACE, it's the best part.

Precisely. As an exclusively SP player I want to be able to add ACE3's outstanding features and functionality to official and user missions without some 'compulsory' component breaking the mission or otherwise making it unplayable. I think the way the ACE team are implementing this project is excellent.

Can't load prisoners into Vehicles?

After I capture a prisoners,what to do to load him into Vehicles?I try to interactive the vehicles and can't find a option to load him?Is that we can't load prisoners now or I did something wrong?And what's the right way to load them?

And can't we load some items like bobybags or static weapon into a vehicle?

Not done yet.

Use the new ace main I uploaded

Works for me

I am getting some sort of missing shit with icons, but the mod works

I think I have old CBA, is the playwithsix one not the latest?

here just take my whole @ace 3

http://www.4shared.com/zip/Hx4o6ZcSce/ace3.html

Make sure you have the dll in with it tho, from either the source files or CAPTNcaps download

Not getting any icons on items tho

Some stuff seems broken,, yet the ace menu works (or at least opens, but seems to be showing all options at once, like: lock, and unlock car, at the same time) and all the medical options show up

Sorry to be a PITA but it seems 4shared now requires downloads to be done via one of several social networks, which I avoid like Yersina pestis. Would you be kind enough to upload it somewhere like mediafire or dropbox?

In any event, thank you for sharing your builds with the community.

Sorry to be a PITA but it seems 4shared now requires downloads to be done via one of several social networks, which I avoid like Yersina pestis. Would you be kind enough to upload it somewhere like mediafire or dropbox?

In any event, thank you for sharing your builds with the community.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/100396463/%40ace3.rar

it's also available on play with six

My god, where has this been all my life. The new 3D-like action menu is a massive improvement (replacement?) of the vanilla A3 action menu. It's really easy and quick to use.

Here's quick demo of the ACE3 action UI:

Compared to the current AGM implementation (for those that used AGM), you can:

• Use the action UI while on the move.
  • Quickly jump between menus/sub-menus just by looking at it (rather than clicking back through the menus).
  • Select options faster - no clicks required, only mouse movement.
  • Use TrackIR to select options (by looking at them).

Edit: Here's what it looks like with the cursor option turned on:

http://i.imgur.com/Jw0OJOy.gifv

Edited by MisterGoodson

very "maya" like. looks cool.

My god, where has this been all my life. The new 3D-like action menu is a massive improvement (replacement?) of the vanilla A3 action menu. It's really easy and quick to use.

I thought it was very good the first time I tried it, but it gets a bit clunky to use when in combat.

Try to put on the advanced medical modules and you will see that it is very hard to choose the right stuff from that tiny menu.

I hope they add a optional version that increases clarity of the text and adds a bigger font size. Maybe also an alternative UI more like the AGM one is better when you need a lot of interaction as an advanced medic?

Agreed on the size - the UI targets are very small imo.. I tried to just use TrackIR to grab them, but gave up.

Definitely the future though...

SJ