noubernou

ACE3 - A collaborative merger between AGM, CSE, and ACE

• Objective optic design: Manual focus, Resolution: 35 lp/mm on center, Spectral sensitivity: 400 - 900 nm

:confused::o

Objective optic design: Manual focus, Resolution: 35 lp/mm on center, Spectral sensitivity: 400 - 900 nm

If we're getting technical, that link is to a NV Binocular that doesn't seem to mention auto-focus (in fact, it states the opposite). So unless you plan on attachiong large, cumbersome binoculars to your head, maybe you should get some facts before you bother typing :D

EDIT: Ninja'd by CaptainObvious

The year is 2035, I'm pretty certain that by this point the nightvision technology would have evolved significantly to rid of just such inconveniences as having to constantly adjust the focus on the goggles. Not shooting down the idea, but it wouldn't seem logical to base the nightvision effects on outdated equipment functionality.

The standard today is gen3, and there's still some gen2 stuff floating around too. Gen1 is outdated, but it's nice to see it included in ACE3 because the mod does not have to be tied in with the timeframe of the vanilla game. The gen1 night vision could actually be a interesting addition if you are running a Vietnam era mod or something. It's also common among civilians at present day, because it's relatively cheap. Gen 2 and 3 is available to civilians too, it's just so damn expensive. There's also gen4 which does exist today, but is not in widespread use yet. This might be the standard in 2035.

Since ACE3 includes all these generation of night vision devices individually, a gen1 device should not be more evolved in ACE than in the real world, because then it would not be a generation 1 device.

hence the gen1,2,3 models of nvgs

Thank you for understanding :)

"Wall of text"

Agree with everything you wrote, although I think there are actually some devices on the market with autofocus, but they might not be very common. I'm not certain.

When I served I got the opportunity to briefly try the Simrad-GN1 Night Vision Goggles which despite the name is a generation 2 device. I also own a gen1 monocular scope as a civilian. The performance of the gen1 devices are horrible compared to what you see in ACE3 and just gaming in general.

I don't think gen1 devices are being used even today, not to mention 20 years from now, correct me if I'm wrong.

You are almost correct, but as I said, they are common with civilians, and ACE3 is not tied to any specific timeframe so they might be useful if you run ACE3 with something like a Vietnam era mod.

You are almost correct, but as I said, they are common with civilians, and ACE3 is not tied to any specific timeframe so they might be useful if you run ACE3 with something like an Vietnam era mod.

Damn, I just woke up and wasn't thinking clearly, you're right!

Um, I'm not sure if YOU'RE aware but we already have cameras that operate by automatically adjusting focus and recording. They're by Go-pro and work rather wonderfully in capturing clear imagery. Honestly, we already have the tech that can commit to auto focus. Hell, my cell phone camera auto focuses, and seems to do quite well in identifying glass. If you're not aware of these small technologies, maybe you need to rethink your attempt of 'shooting down' my minor post of auto-focus.

PS - We already have auto adjusting nightvision goggles. - http://www.staples.ca/en/Night-Owl-Optics-5X-Nexgen-Night-Vision-Binocular-with-50-Mm-Lens/product_1491656_2-CA_1_20001?kpid=1491656&cid=PS:SBD:GS:n:n:SBD:58:21800&kpid=1491656&gclid=CjwKEAjwjKOpBRChjsTyicbFy3QSJADP1gTNdVENFbyu NKi5MBwfl28HCFXLf5HM7XcjkoT-jZZNtBoC3x3w_wcB

So I guess I just shot you down. GG - get good at arguements, and maybe get some facts before you bother speaking.

You don't mount those to your helmet and it weighs 2 and a half pounds, whereas the ANVIS 6 (Which I use on a regular basis) weighs less than half that. I dare you to mount that to your face and run around with it for even a minute. Ounces equal pounds, pounds equal pain. And if you'd read, that thing is manual focus... Furthermore, every "auto-focus" pair of binoculars is just prefocused at their X distance to infinity range; if you tried to look at something close up you would see a blur.

If you didn't watch that, active focus requires either sonar or lasers. Two things that WILL give your position away to the enemy... The auto-focus on go-pros and cellphones is essentially a post process effect. Not only that, the added complexity of the range finder, computer and the servos add to things that can break.

TL;DR NVGs aren't cameras.

As for "not knowing what I'm talking about" I'm an aircrew member I'm required to know the ANVIS inside and out, upside down and backwards. I know how NVGs work and I use them regularly.

Pic related.

javelins, sometimes can hit in today's build. but still useless, and almost miss fire especially in long range.

still need to review.

Hello ACE Team!

Firstly, I want to thank you for reviving ACE project. The dream of ArmA community finally came true.

Secondly, I want to thank you for giving us the possibility to play it and test at this very early stage. ACE is already very stable as I tested it. I am glad that you opended the source and even published 0.0.0.1-alpha version on PWS! It's great! Maybe it is time to start another topic on the forum for feedback and bug tracking?

Thirdly, ACE has the best interface ever made for OFP/ArmA series game. OUTSTANDING work! Chapeau bas, hats off, czapki z głów!

And last but not least - I am really, really happy that ACE is perfectly compatible with another great mod - MCC. Thank you for that.

Hello ACE Team!

Firstly, I want to thank you for reviving ACE project. The dream of ArmA community finally came true.

Secondly, I want to thank you for giving us the possibility to play it and test at this very early stage. ACE is already very stable as I tested it. I am glad that you opended the source and even published 0.0.0.1-alpha version on PWS! It's great! Maybe it is time to start another topic on the forum for feedback and bug tracking?

Thirdly, ACE has the best interface ever made for OFP/ArmA series game. OUTSTANDING work! Chapeau bas, hats off, czapki z głów!

And last but not least - I am really, really happy that ACE is perfectly compatible with another great mod - MCC. Thank you for that.

Currently for bug tracking etc, we have the GitHub issues: https://github.com/acemod/ACE3/issues

Please read this first though: http://acemod.github.io/ACE3/wiki/user/how-to-report-an-issue.html (Just note that currently there is no version number as we have not released an official build/version)

As for feature requests, we have an issue active: https://github.com/acemod/ACE3/issues/414

Similarly for feature requests, please read here first: http://acemod.github.io/ACE3/wiki/user/how-to-make-a-feature-request.html

This thread is a bit of a discussion in itself :P However if you would also like to join a chatroom, you can see here: https://github.com/acemod/ACE3/issues/429

Unfortunately the one we are using ATM requires an invite to join, however, if you post on that issue I can invite you to it :)

The same goes for anyone else wanting to join the chatroom! Post on that issue and I'll invite you to it.

So, there was some confusion about the play withsix version that has been uploaded.

It is listed with the "ACE Dev Team" as the author. Though, I saw it stated that armaholic and play withsix were not uploaded by the ace team and were unofficial. I noticed it was stated "it's being sorted".

I've also since noticed that kecharles posted about the play withsix version. Currently the version says "unofficial", but the author is still "ACE Dev Team".

Can someone clarify, please?

If that upload was not by the ACE Dev Team, can the author name be changed to reflect that? Thanks.

All the versions you speak of were built by MikeTim. As I understand, he is not part of ACE3 development and the build is completely unofficial. Anyone can make their own build since the source code was revealed a few days ago.

All the versions you speak of were built by MikeTim. As I understand, he is not part of ACE3 development and the build is completely unofficial. Anyone can make their own build since the source code was revealed a few days ago.

I am aware, and have no problem with that. However, I think it is misleading (among other things) for the author to be stated as "ACE Dev Team" if that is not the case. This should be corrected. I like to know who the author of the work I am downloading is.

Can someone give me a few hints about what I'm doing wrong when I'm trying to build ace from github sources.

I get this error.

ZO17vhq.jpg

And if I check the logs they show me this.

Warning: rapWarning: **********missing file(s)***************

Warning: z\ace\addons\aircraft\config.cpp Line 45: \A3\Weapons_f\Data\bullettracer\tracer_red

Warning: z\ace\addons\aircraft\config.cpp Line 5310: \A3\Weapons_F_Beta\Reticle\Heli_Attack_01_Optics_Gunner_wide_F

Warning: z\ace\addons\aircraft\config.cpp Line 5321: \A3\Weapons_F_Beta\Reticle\Heli_Attack_01_Optics_Gunner_medium_F

Warning: z\ace\addons\aircraft\config.cpp Line 5332: \A3\Weapons_F_Beta\Reticle\Heli_Attack_01_Optics_Gunner_narrow_F

Warning: z\ace\addons\aircraft\config.cpp Line 5343: \A3\Weapons_F_Beta\Reticle\Heli_Attack_01_Optics_Gunner_narrow_F

Warning: z\ace\addons\aircraft\config.cpp Line 6364: \A3\Ui_f\data\IGUI\Cfg\HelicopterHUD\border_line_ca.paa

Warning: z\ace\addons\aircraft\config.cpp Line 6373: \A3\Ui_f\data\IGUI\Cfg\HelicopterHUD\border_line_ca.paa

Warning: z\ace\addons\aircraft\config.cpp Line 6382: \A3\Ui_f\data\IGUI\Cfg\HelicopterHUD\border_line_ca.paa

Warning: z\ace\addons\aircraft\config.cpp Line 6391: \A3\Ui_f\data\IGUI\Cfg\HelicopterHUD\border_line_ca.paa

Warning: z\ace\addons\aircraft\config.cpp Line 6409: \A3\Ui_f\data\IGUI\Cfg\HelicopterHUD\altimeter_value_ca.paa

Warning: z\ace\addons\aircraft\config.cpp Line 6431: \A3\Ui_f\data\IGUI\Cfg\HelicopterHUD\UAVspeedLadder_ca.paa

Warning: z\ace\addons\aircraft\config.cpp Line 6449: \A3\Ui_f\data\IGUI\Cfg\HelicopterHUD\airspeed_value_ca.paa

Warning: z\ace\addons\aircraft\config.cpp Line 6472: \A3\Ui_f\data\IGUI\Cfg\HelicopterHUD\UAValtLadder_ca.paa

Warning: z\ace\addons\aircraft\config.cpp Line 6484: \A3\Ui_f\data\IGUI\Cfg\HelicopterHUD\horizon_ladder_ca.paa

Warning: z\ace\addons\aircraft\config.cpp Line 6493: \A3\Ui_f\data\IGUI\Cfg\HelicopterHUD\horizon_aircraft_ca.paa

rapWarning: **********missing file(s)***************

I get that these lines point inside of the arma's pbos but what do I do with it.

I am aware, and have no problem with that. However, I think it is misleading (among other things) for the author to be stated as "ACE Dev Team" if that is not the case. This should be corrected. I like to know who the author of the work I am downloading is.

It's a problem that playwithsix has, and this is not the first time it happens. Actually, it happened to me personally with this mod ( http://play.withsix.com/Arma-3/mods/0t1NXyPv4xG4BQAVF72WTA/Arma3-Swedish-Forces-Pack-compatibility-with-ASDG ), where they state author as "Swedish Forces Mod Team", which means I cannot claim or manage the mod myself, which I would like to do. Not a huge deal though.

Played with ACE 3 a little bit and love the features it adds. One major request would be to implement the old AGM medical module setting "Use Single Bandage" which basically allowed players to use a bandage or two (depending on the severity of the injury) to stop the bleeding of the overall player's body, instead of having to bandage each individual body part. The current medical system is cool, but the Single Bandage method is much more convenient for smaller groups of players. Thanks!

^^ Actually I quite like the individual bandages for bleeding bodyparts - seems much more realistic.

^^ Actually I quite like the individual bandages for bleeding bodyparts - seems much more realistic.

Yes it does, but the possibility to have a single bandage option would be great too. It offers more possibilities to customize the game for different playstyles.

I really love this mod and was expecting this for a long time. But I have an issue and maybe someone can help me. The default controls for different menus to command units (1,2,3,4,etc..) seems to be the same to some of the actions for the ACE3 mod (1= assult rifle 2=pistol 0=no weapons)

Is there some way to change this features on the mod options or do I have have to change at the game options?

I'm not saying the current medical system is bad or unrealistic, but when you're playing with just a couple guys, it can really be a hassle and slow down our progression through a mission, which ultimately can become boring. In larger player scenarios or single-player scenarios I see no problem whatsoever with it. I'd just like the option/capability for mission designers to simplify the medical system in one of the ACE medical modules placed in the mission, just like how AGM's medical module allowed mission designers to do so.

I'm not even talking about the reopening of wounds or medicine overdoses, because those are separate options which can already be enabled/disabled. I'm just talking about adding the option to use a single bandage to stop bleeding of the player's overall character, so that smaller groups like mine don't get bogged down performing complex(ish) medical procedures to treat players. The medical system is good overall, it's just the bandaging part that I'd like the freedom to change. It shouldn't be that difficult for the ACE devs, since part of the team is from AGM's medical system with the Single Bandage module setting, so it shouldn't be as much work for them to implement because, as far as I know, it has already been done before.

/novel

Is there some way to change this features on the mod options or do I have have to change at the game options?

yes. go into Controls > Configure addons > Ace3 (in the drop-down menu).

@ACE3 team are you planning to make these things possible in the future? switching weapon on the move and proper gun\vehicle towing and tank loading?

This is for key binds.

ACE Game options are in the top left, "ACE Settings" button.

What if ACE 3 is not in the drop down menu?