noubernou

ACE3 - A collaborative merger between AGM, CSE, and ACE

Erm, anyone?

To clarify, the numbers on keyboard are now used to switch weapons and I can't issue orders with it.

Select AI with F keys then hold down alt button+1-8, then you override the weapon selection.

I cannot emphasise enough how thrilled I am about the improved ragdoll physics. Thankyou so much for all your hours of hard work and dedication guys, I truly appreciate your effort.

I'm waiting for first "arma 3 ace 2" video.

holding tab key to target, and fire after lock on.

tab + ctrl to change fire mode (DIR and TOP)

however it seem to broken.

it can't hit javelins correctly... Explosion on the different place and draw a very strange trajectory.

both DIR and TOP. and it can't seem to lock VR vehicle targets.

Edited by Arkblade

Managed to create another CTD. This time I tried to inject morphine into my own leg on my perfectly healthy character. The result was immediate crash to desktop.

I found you need to be in the vehicle to get the option to unload them.

Can I just say that I'm so excited to see you all coming together and using previous made content to build something amazing? I love this community! And 2 loving the work you guys are doing I played with it for a few min last night and loved what I'm seeing so far!!! Thanks for your work guys you're all awesome.

Is it possible to get the cursor to appear in normal interactions as well? Works perfectly in self interaction but other interaction would be good too guys !

Is it possible to get the cursor to appear in normal interactions as well? Works perfectly in self interaction but other interaction would be good too guys !

This!

The menu is somehow nice, but also annoying.

You should see the curser, not always turn your hole view. + You should be kind of guided to the fields with your mouse, so you just move your mouse in the direction and it selects the right stuff. its a bit too clunky for now.

From what i've tested so far... The ragdolls seem to fall the exact same way per pose. Kinda... idk, in Vanilla Arma 3 the ragdolls seem to go down depending on where you shoot them and it's always different.

I just had a thought when I tried out the night vision googles to see if they were carried over from AGM. The thought was that depth of field effect might be used to simulate focus. I feel that especially the gen1 needs some kind of nerf, but it's already pretty noisy so adding more noise is not the solution. I personally own some night vision equipment and one of the drawbacks of the cheap gen1 stuff is that you have to constantly and manually adjust focus. The stuff that is out of focus is super blurry, so it would be nice to simulate that.

Any thoughts on this ACE3-team?

Edit: I put it up as a feature request on github.

Edited by Brisse

This shit just keeps getting better and better... Awesome.

In-game Map Screen empty.Just made a mission & during play in preview press map key but no map?

In-game Map Screen empty.Just made a mission & during play in preview press map key but no map?

You need a map in your inventory.

If you're referring to "items" I had one & to double check I retrieved one from an items crate I placed in the editor yet still blank map.Can you be a little more explicit?

Are there plans to add a flashlight feature to the map? Wondering if I should start a fork of ace_map that includes features from my LIT module.

Edited by voiper

I just had a thought when I tried out the night vision googles to see if they were carried over from AGM. The thought was that depth of field effect might be used to simulate focus. I feel that especially the gen1 needs some kind of nerf, but it's already pretty noisy so adding more noise is not the solution. I personally own some night vision equipment and one of the drawbacks of the cheap gen1 stuff is that you have to constantly and manually adjust focus. The stuff that is out of focus is super blurry, so it would be nice to simulate that.

Any thoughts on this ACE3-team?

Edit: I put it up as a feature request on github.

The year is 2035, I'm pretty certain that by this point the nightvision technology would have evolved significantly to rid of just such inconveniences as having to constantly adjust the focus on the goggles. Not shooting down the idea, but it wouldn't seem logical to base the nightvision effects on outdated equipment functionality.

Are there plans to add a flashlight feature to the map? Wondering if I should start a fork of ace_map that includes features from my LIT module.

If you are willing to, do so! I am sure many would love to see it, of course being modular (toggleable by a setting preferably).

The year is 2035, I'm pretty certain that by this point the nightvision technology would have evolved significantly to rid of just such inconveniences as having to constantly adjust the focus on the goggles. Not shooting down the idea, but it wouldn't seem logical to base the nightvision effects on outdated equipment functionality.

hence the gen1,2,3 models of nvgs

It has been on our plan, but we have not gotten around to it. You are free to fork and implement, but please read our coding and implementation guidelines very carefully. We will not accept merges breaking any of our "Thou Shall Nots" in the code (spawn, execvm, non-pfh, etc).

It has been on our plan, but we have not gotten around to it. You are free to fork and implement, but please read our coding and implementation guidelines very carefully. We will not accept merges breaking any of our "Thou Shall Nots" in the code (spawn, execvm, non-pfh, etc).

Hi Jaynus,

Sorry I'm not trying to be a dick or anything but I can't work out from your github page where the "Thou Shall Nots" are.

I checked here:

https://github.com/acemod/ACE3

But it wasn't apparent where they were to me. (not familiar with GH format).

I ask as an indy code guy. I'd like to make sure what I'm doing doesn't break the work of others etc.

Thanks.