noubernou

ACE3 - A collaborative merger between AGM, CSE, and ACE

Thanks so much for alpha-release!!!

This ain't no alpha release. They just opened up the source code, that's all.

I think it's nice that there are people trying to experiment with building a test release themselves. Remember, these are tech savvy people, that are usually good at giving feedback back to the developers, so there's no harm in letting them build and try the current state of ACE3. They know they are not building a final release. Also, it might lead to some picked up interest in modding and possibly even more contributors to the ACE3 project in the long run.

---------- Post added at 08:17 ---------- Previous post was at 08:09 ----------

MikeTim: I can confirm your version is working. I had some severe framerate drop at the main menu, but once I got into a mission, it seems to be working better. There's even a banana item in virtual arsenal!

I know it might be a bumb question but im not abel to find the action key for what as been release already.

Can some one help me?

3D interaction system is pretty cool. Sadly I got a CTD when choosing "carry" on a slightly wounded unarmed soldier that was still alive and standing up on his own legs.

ACE 3: Fully working, as far as I can tell (All the features, icons etc) Requires the newest CBA version

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

https://mega.co.nz/#!Th122Y7L!_7aO1SNQLDf6avA2DjpeQtDnwBr3BZhzlQ6utvzrPns <--DL Link (MEGA)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Download ^

Yo man, those are 100% identical with my files... I don't know why you have problems with them... (ok, at first I did something wrong, but I updated all the links to the working version...)

I like the new menu, but it's a pain in the arse to navigate through if you've set a deadzone for aiming.

Just tried this out but I got some crazy slowdowns and FPS drops when using tanks

New mod v0.0.1-alpha available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

@ACE Dev Team;

You are now able to manage your own promo pages of your content on our web platform and publish new content yourself.

To do so, please hit 'this is me' button on the page while logged in and follow the quick and safe claim procedure to get connected to your work.

For now you can send new content or releases our way by using any filesharing service and add your notification at getsatisfaction.withsix.com.

What makes the ace_fcs.dll and is this file also requierd on Servers? Linux Server and dll files ^^

tap shoulder need shorter animation, it's looks like "hoon your dinner is ready"

What makes the ace_fcs.dll and is this file also requierd on Servers? Linux Server and dll files ^^
The ace_fcs.dll is part of the fire control system and as such only required on clients.

http://www.radikall.com/images/2015/04/10/qt5sH.jpg (680 kB)

and the little man in the corner is that? also indicates that amazed... so look soon and scanner manual will be with the definition of a complete diagnosis.

Not serious.

Is the fighter unconscious, where it is wounded,it is unclear where the wounded, the battle, whence is the selection of blood... and then once you all information: sore leg and a little tummy.

Great open-source-alpha-kinda-releasish =)

Feels awesome to finally play ACE on A3, even if it still an experimental etc etc... nice merger between AGM and CSE indeed, loved the basic medic system but I´ve noticed the 3D interaction system kinda bugged on the Armed Assault showcase (maybe because I´ve set a charge without arming or when mistakenly just passed the interaction over a dead csat, anyway after that couldn´t self interact cus the red cursor couldn´t follow my aim... but the interaction with other objects was fine =P

Noticed some crazy radgoll when some CSAT units got killed (they flew, but if I recall this is a DLC bug), nevertheless pretty solid pre-alpha release!

Keep up the great work!

ACE rulez hard!

cheers!

I don't think it does make sense in SP. Everyone else still talks, the issue is that when a player is controlling a unit, that unit shouldn't be announcing enemy positions and stuff like that, when it should be up to the player to figure that stuff out.

There are existing addons in A2/CO that remove the irrelevant and annoying chatter ("Go", "Moving", etc.) but there are messages that are important - for example when a unit is wounded or runs out of ammo. A human subordinate would deal with that either themselves or using Teamspeak (or whatever) to report.

As for AI units reporting enemy sightings, while there are engine issues IRL a soldier spotting an enemy would not fail to alert his comrades.

A single human player cannot watch all directions at once, and terrain frequently makes it impossible to see more than a limited arc. In SP, part of leadership skill is to place AI subordinates in positions where they can cover what are blind spots to the player. If you are playing a sniper, is it realistic that your spotter never reports on enemy sightings?

Test your hypothesis by being a team leader in MP and disabling Teamspeak, and see how the game plays out :)

commy2;2917043']I doesn't remove AI chatter. It only mutes the player and other player controlled units in MP.

Ah, thanks m8. Excellent news :)

There's one thing that I (as someone interested in flying at least the helos in ARMA) always found insufficient was the navigation equipment available. Even with the GPS and AGM's map tools it was incredibly tedious (and if done in a hurry quite against immersion) to mark a flightpath with waypoints on the map and then actually quite tedious follow it (because of a lack of additional info like heading, altitude etc). I was wondering if there was the (however remote) possibility to enhance this aspect specifically for helo or aircraft pilots (and crew). Maybe a separate system that allows to place "waypoints" on the map, connects those with lines (to enhance the impression of that being a flightplan) and allow the user to enter additional info to be displayed on the pilot's GPS (like heading, altitude etc).

I like the new menu, but it's a pain in the arse to navigate through if you've set a deadzone for aiming.

Does alt+mouse head movement work with it?

Seriously, how do i get the interaction menu up!

Try checking your Options > Controls > Configure Addons > ACE3

Left Windows is default (I think), right Windows (I think) is self-interaction. Though could be getting confused with all my fond memories from my time playing ACE2.

Try checking your Options > Controls > Configure Addons > ACE3

Left Windows is default (I think), right Windows (I think) is self-interaction. Though could be getting confused with all my fond memories from my time playing ACE2.

I don't have ACE3 showing up under Configure Addons...

I don't have ACE3 showing up under Configure Addons...

You need the latest latest version of CBA (updated today or yesterday), otherwise you wont get the controls showing up :)

Left windows is interaction and I found CTRL+left windows is self interaction. Loving this so far ! Interaction system is wonderful.