noubernou

ACE3 - A collaborative merger between AGM, CSE, and ACE

As AGM thread is closed, where is possible to have infos about AGM compatibility with the last arma update?

I don't know if anything changed scripting wise, but I had a small MP session with no problem after following these steps:

1.Remove resting.pbo

2.???

3.Profit

Can't stop to constantly hit F5, as if that would make ACE3 get published sooner. I'm so excited about the pooling of manpower and know-how.

I think it's a bit early to start wearing out the F5 key. Give them a week or so at least.

Yeah, I presume there will be a second trailer before the release. Which means its not in our hands in an instant.

Anyway cant wait either.

Wait ace 2 had visual enhancements included ?

Is that why bullet impacts somehow looked better to me while playing ace ?

Exact, ACE 2 included new visual effects : reworked explosions, smokes, bullet impacts, fragmentations, tracers, Ammo CookOff etc.

As AGM thread is closed, where is possible to have infos about AGM compatibility with the last arma update?

it's broken

bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Van_01_civil_transport_base_F error make impossible to start missions on servers

you have to delete

AGM_FireControlSystem.pbo

Not very feasible when you have a large TvT event in few days with people from differents units.

Imho AGM team closed his forum thread too early now we have unsupported mod and not released one(ACE3)

Well it's nobody's fault if you plan a big event so soon after the release of a huge update like this. :D

You had to expect things would stop working.

commy2;2916387']All it means is that the player controlled unit no longer talks on it's own. This makes absolutely no sense in COOP. Even worse is' date=' that this way the avatar will spot enemies and 100% accurately report where and how far away they are. This can all be prevented now.[/quote']

However, it makes a lot of sense in SP. I hope that the 'no talking' feature, if indeed it does remove all AI chatter, will be a removeable module.

it's broken

bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Van_01_civil_transport_base_F error make impossible to start missions on servers

you have to delete

AGM_FireControlSystem.pbo

Not very feasible when you have a large TvT event in few days with people from differents units.

Imho AGM team closed his forum thread too early now we have unsupported mod and not released one(ACE3)

Look at it this way: AGM kinda works for some things now but things have been busted with the Marksmen DLC apparently, but ACE3 is supposed to come out this month and work with it. That kind of incompatibility and issue of problems being created seems kind of a given when it comes to major updates, and Marksmen has a lot of that under the hood. This especially happens with AI mods as they become redundant in huge updates, as has happened in the past with ArmA updates. I kind of trimmed my mods for ArmA III because I'm unsure of what works with this update, though AGM, ASR AI, and TPW MODS are my baseline for that 'core' enhancement without breaking waypoints and scripting that more encompassing AI mods tend to do. I'm not sure, but I think even the Marksmen update broke VCOM AI Driving, so I have to test that out. Little improvements add up for a big update like this. Helicopters probably didn't do this much save for...Helicopters, but so much of the game is on infantry, so that whole package has gotten lots of changes in the last year or so. Mods working on that, quite obviously, might get issues when the things under that hood start getting changes.

You gotta wait for updates, or in this case, the successor project to be released. Give it time. :3

Edited by Foffy

However, it makes a lot of sense in SP. I hope that the 'no talking' feature, if indeed it does remove all AI chatter, will be a removeable module.

I don't think it does make sense in SP. Everyone else still talks, the issue is that when a player is controlling a unit, that unit shouldn't be announcing enemy positions and stuff like that, when it should be up to the player to figure that stuff out.

Exact, ACE 2 included new visual effects : reworked explosions, smokes, bullet impacts, fragmentations, tracers, Ammo CookOff etc.

No wonder explosions and particle effects looked so visually appealing in ACe2.

Especially smaller explosions such as 60mm mortars and hand grenades.

The amount of people throwing in random stuff and expecting the team to rebuild ArmA is too damn high.

It's a forum thread teasing the most anticipated TC for ArmA 3 that people have waited years to see announced let alone released.

The amount of people being snarky about people suggesting or talking about potential features is too damn high. If you don't want people to discuss the future and potential of your addon, don't make an open forum thread. Community collaboration is not a bad thing, and it's not a feedback tracker so it doesn't need to be terribly neat and tidy.

I bet about 10% of the people talking about potential features are actually the bad apples you think they are, the rest of us just like to think about the possibilities. It's harmless. In some cases it's probably beneficial because it inspires new features or solutions. I bet ACE3 will have at least a couple of features that come from cool ideas from the community.

I doesn't remove AI chatter. It only mutes the player and other player controlled units in MP.

Any versions that are already in pbo's?

Now we wait until someone uploads a built version for those who can't build and and watch the flood gates open :D :yay:

Now we wait until someone uploads a built version for those who can't build and and watch the flood gates open biggrin.pngyay.gif

Or download python and double click 2 files than launch the game with ACE...

Testing right now ; cannot find buttons for interaction menus xD

Oh yea! :)

5pq6u1.jpg

Edit: Wait! There's no logo or description. Clearly I did something wrong...

Edited by Brisse

Yea I know - I meant for those who don't.

It doesn't work that way, you need to set up a P drive and such, it's kind of complicated.

Any versions that are already in pbo's?

No, as we are still actively in development. If people wish to review code and reviews as well as see our documentation/examples for mod compatibility, they are free to do so.

Technically competent people are also free to clone and build ACE *at their own risk*. If they would like to test with their communities, that is fine - but we are not officially releasing builds at this time until we finalize things further this month.

It doesn't work that way, you need to set up a P drive and such, it's kind of complicated.

Well ok... but modders will have that anyway... but setting up the P drive ain't that hard... and the rest does work just like that, they provided python build files :P

are they free to distribute .PBOs of ACE3?

No reason why not - it's open source and free to use so yes.