noubernou

ACE3 - A collaborative merger between AGM, CSE, and ACE

Please if you start a new bug tracker page for ACE 3 PLEASE copy/past all the suggestions that have been postponed for A3 (features, models request and TBD) on the ACE 2 development page. these features should be among priorities since they have been lengthy debated by the ACE 2 users and accepted by the devs for a future ACE 3 development.

http://dev.withsix.com/projects/ace-mod2/roadmap

Edited by cychou

FYI Everyone,

Nou is only one person - and we have 10+ guys on our team. His inbox has repeatedly been flooded to max messages (300) and he is not a full-time PR person, he just posted the thread. Please wait to direct the volume of requests for when we have released our github page to the public so the issue tracker can be utilized. Nou will not be responding to the PMs flooding in.

Again, please just sit tight, and realize Nou is getting 50+ PM's a day, so he most likely will not be answering.

Thanks,

ACE Team

It's times like these that I get to remember how silly, naive, and petulant some of the ARMA community. "OMG NOU YOU HAV 2 ADD DIS CAUSE IT'S MY FAOVRITE WEPON" or the thousands of "I tink this is cool so it good idea" posts that spam dev's inboxes or these threads. Most mods get it pretty bad, ACE 3 has gotten it even more ridiculously so.

People are spamming this thread, spamming the developers, and in general spamming everything concerning ACE 3. They need to stop, take a breath, realize that making suggestions for an unreleased mod is like telling the guy making your hamburger he is over-cooking it before he has even put it on the grill. Except that the hamburger isn't specifically for you, it is something the griller is making and putting out for everyone to eat for free for no other reason that he wants to. Yet he hasn't even made the thing and you're trying to tell him what toppings to add or how to cook the beef. Wait until the thing is made first, take it for a spin, see that 99% of these stupid requests are probably already in the game or were already considered and left out. Then consider the rest are probably not going in or never going to be considered because it doesn't fit within the scope of ACE 3. Then take a further second to realize that if it really does belong in the game, then trust me the community will speak up enough that it will probably go into the MOD. So just chill, leave Nou and the rest of the ACE 3 devs the f*** alone and wait patiently like adults.

Troub out *drops mic*

It's times like these that I get to remember how silly, naive, and petulant some of the ARMA community. "OMG NOU YOU HAV 2 ADD DIS CAUSE IT'S MY FAOVRITE WEPON" or the thousands of "I tink this is cool so it good idea" posts that spam dev's inboxes or these threads. Most mods get it pretty bad, ACE 3 has gotten it even more ridiculously so.

I assumed it was people pming him to offer their help and services. But you are probably right its probably just a bunch of requests.

People are spamming this thread, spamming the developers, and in general spamming everything concerning ACE 3. They need to stop, take a breath, realize that making suggestions for an unreleased mod is like telling the guy making your hamburger he is over-cooking it before he has even put it on the grill. Except that the hamburger isn't specifically for you, it is something the griller is making and putting out for everyone to eat for free for no other reason that he wants to. Yet he hasn't even made the thing and you're trying to tell him what toppings to add or how to cook the beef. Wait until the thing is made first, take it for a spin, see that 99% of these stupid requests are probably already in the game or were already considered and left out. Then consider the rest are probably not going in or never going to be considered because it doesn't fit within the scope of ACE 3. Then take a further second to realize that if it really does belong in the game, then trust me the community will speak up enough that it will probably go into the MOD. So just chill, leave Nou and the rest of the ACE 3 devs the f*** alone and wait patiently like adults.

Troub out *drops mic*

I totally agree with you. People need to chill. The mod hasn't even been released. Save your suggestions and requests for features until they release they're bug/feature tracker. I am just as excited as you guys are or probably even more excited because of the fact that I can actually contribute to making ACE3. So everybody chill and be patient.

Will ACE3 be adding the old double rifle slot + launcher? So I can carry an M4 + Shotgun + LAW or AT4? Or carrying a M4 + a M320 GL + AT4 etc?

Also is CSW ammo?

Another question. Since AGM and CSE are no longer being updated, what is going to happen after the update tomorrow? These mods will probably break or mess up somehow due to the scope of the update tomorrow. ACE3 is apparently not coming out for at least another 2-3 weeks. Will AGM/CSE get one more update to keep it functioning regardless or will ACE3 magically appear as a DL link on the 9th/10th or what?

ACE3 is obviously a huge scoped mod with many expectations and quality, which I am sure that it will be filled. I am just worried about what milsim units are going to do without CSE and AGM for now.

AGM is open source (Not sure about CSE). So any white knight can step in and provide stopgap fixes.

Question : will ACE 3 only focuses on the vanila Arma 3 contents or it will be focused on nowadays equipments (like for ACE 2) ?

if it's the second option, then, will ACE 3 require All In Arma (AIA) standalone ? or is it going to release some kind of custom addon pack like RHS did with their Escalation addon pack ?

Edited by cychou

Question : will ACE 3 only focuses on the vanila Arma 3 contents or it will be focused on nowadays equipments (like for ACE 2) ?

if it's the second option, then, will ACE 3 require All In Arma (AIA) standalone ? or is it going to release some kind of custom addon pack like RHS did with their Escalation addon pack ?

NooooooO!!! AIA no please!! xD

I hate that.

For playing with a mod, you need another mod wich needs another mod, wich that mod needs another one and bla bla bla.

No mod requirements please.

NooooooO!!! AIA no please!! xD

I hate that.

For playing with a mod, you need another mod wich needs another mod, wich that mod needs another one and bla bla bla.

No mod requirements please.

It would be fine they just made it a total overhaul like AGM. That way as you launch your game, everything is automatically switched to ACE mode. It's easier this way, because if you want any mods, just enable them. Simple.

If you read the feature list its obvious that, at least at first, is just a feature mod(with limited new content, i guess some medical items and stuff like that), as it always have been it its core( additional content for A2 for example was optional, packed as ACEX, i know everybody loaded it too but... was optional anyways :P).

However, been just as "big" as it is, i am sure that other mods are going to get compatibility patch sooner or later. For example i already have in the plans to make compatibility patches for at least RHS and RH weapon packs if nobody else does.

Without trying to sound very cocky, but I hightly doubt, given the populairity of both RHS and ACE, that there will be any major (if any) incompatibility issues between those two mods. I think for both veterans and perhaps newcomers RHS + ACE will be sort of the default mods to install if your're into playinf Arma at all.

as Alex said someplace on these forums - no one can guarantee compatibility with a mod that is not released yet.

On the long term, yes it is desired to have full compatibility between RHS and ACE. That said, we will never have ACE as a default requirement, and we will always stay as a separate mod, so that the user can get to choose to play vanilla or enhanced via ACE.

With that said, there is really no reason to reinvent the wheel (as i understand that is the purpose of the mod and the merge between CSA, AGM and ACE), so when and where possible, the two should work together.

One of RHS main goals is authenticity and quality of the quality (visual and the way it behaves), and i am sure ACE will provide, at least in part, some of the backbone needed for achieving that.

and before anyone asks, yes RHS is in direct contact with ACE.

Edited by PuFu

Core content first, and then Mod compatibility would be the ideal route one could see ACE taking, however, it's not out yet, so that's hard to tell. It would be odd to have ACE 3 RHS compatible straight out on release, and not for core content of the game.

Core content first, and then Mod compatibility would be the ideal route one could see ACE taking, however, it's not out yet, so that's hard to tell. It would be odd to have ACE 3 RHS compatible straight out on release, and not for core content of the game.

We will be providing mod makers the information and guidelines to make their content compatible with ACE. Unfortunately, no matter the mod, large or small, it will not be ACE's responsibility to be compatible with other content. That opens up a way too big can of worms for ACE in that ACE is more likely to be used with a large number of additional mods than say RHS or BWMod would be and ACE maintaining compatibility for everyone else would be significantly burdensome.

Seeing that, for now, ACE is the only total gameplay modification in town (one of the reason we were so adamant about getting AGM and CSE to merge together with ACE) we figure this is not an unfair thing to ask of other mod makers. They have one mod to support, versus us potentially having to support dozens or hundreds of other mods.

It seems like a sensible idea Nouber. Can't wait to see all your amazing work.

We will be providing mod makers the information and guidelines to make their content compatible with ACE. Unfortunately, no matter the mod, large or small, it will not be ACE's responsibility to be compatible with other content. That opens up a way too big can of worms for ACE in that ACE is more likely to be used with a large number of additional mods than say RHS or BWMod would be and ACE maintaining compatibility for everyone else would be significantly burdensome.

Seeing that, for now, ACE is the only total gameplay modification in town (one of the reason we were so adamant about getting AGM and CSE to merge together with ACE) we figure this is not an unfair thing to ask of other mod makers. They have one mod to support, versus us potentially having to support dozens or hundreds of other mods.

Awesome. Thanks for the clear explanation. I was hoping this was going to be the route, as it makes it very simple to work with.

They have one mod to support, versus us potentially having to support dozens or hundreds of other mods.

And because ACE3 builds upon AGM and CSE, I'm guessing there's already some support for ACE3 in a lot of community made content, even though the majority of players might not realize it. An example would be the advanced ballistics. A lot of community content (at least the more serious stuff) support Ruthbergs Advanced Ballistics, which was later incorporated into CSE, and according to an answer I got from Ruthberg, will also be in ACE3, although not in it's pure form.

Soooo, Marksman DLC is out! (who cares? only interesting feature is weapon rest, just waited 14 years for it)

BUT: Where can i download ACE3? :P

Soooo, Marksman DLC is out! (who cares? only interesting feature is weapon rest, just waited 14 years for it)

Wait for it :P

Wait for it :P

Yes, it's going to be legen... wait for it...

LegenDARY !!!!

legen.... dare to not give us ACE3 within a week, righty?

After update AGM is pretty broken:a lot of error config wise,not possible to change/drop primary weapon,bipod icon is misaligned.

Please fix or release the ACE

Please fix or release the ACE

Which do you think is more likely?