noubernou

ACE3 - A collaborative merger between AGM, CSE, and ACE

Or with Helmet Mounted Displays Mod from Kimi could be a good coop.

They alredy had some of it in AGM, so if Kimi gives the permission again for ACE (why whouldn't he) it'll be in.

Wow 3 major mod teams coming together to make one massive realism mod, thats badass, this can only be much of a major upgrade from what was done in ACE2.

Not only the team(s), but the game itself probably allow more things to be done.

True. Now that we have real ropes, firing from vehicles in multiple positions, ability to deploy XM-307 and mortars from two sets, and so on, the possibilities are real.

Dont add sound mods, for sure not JSRS.... Or partical mods. They are client extras.

Dont add sound mods, for sure not JSRS.... Or partical mods. They are client extras.

Agreed. I think I read somewhere here (hard to find specific posts in a thread full of "oohs" and "ahhs") that ACE3 was going to be more feature and gameplay based compared to ArmA2's ACEX which was additional content based. Perhaps as a seperate mod (though if they do make one, I hope they work with Megagoth).

no sounds please....Ace is not sound mod, and you can use any sounds you like

hopefully, you will import the range cards from ACE2...or make new ones. we need that feature.

Please don't. Please don't change SFX of the original game, they are fine as they are.

Isn't ACE making their own sound mod? ACE 2 had it's own sound overhaul mod too, if I remember right. The default sounds are still terrible (more so the lack of realistic sound features, such as sound reverb and reflections), especially the explosions which sound like imploding lasers. But, I think if ACE 3 does include a sound overhaul, that it should be optional and probably one of the last major things to focus on.

I hope that ACE 3 might in the future include this cool little idea I spoke of in the mod request thread:

It would be great to have a version of the trip-wire mine that launches a flare instead of an anti-personal explosion.

It would just need to be a clone of the trip-wire mine model:

0.jpg

With the detonation replaced with a flare.

There is a Youtube video of someone who has already done exactly what I'm describing but unfortunately never released it :(

It would be great for night/sneak missions and an item I've seen other forum members ask for in the past.

I know trip flares can sort of be made using triggers but its just not the same when its not an deployable item.

Please consider :)

Edit: Unlike the video a flare that fired into the sky would be more suited and look far better!

Isn't ACE making their own sound mod? ACE 2 had it's own sound overhaul mod too, if I remember right. The default sounds are still terrible (more so the lack of realistic sound features, such as sound reverb and reflections), especially the explosions which sound like imploding lasers. But, I think if ACE 3 does include a sound overhaul, that it should be optional and probably one of the last major things to focus on.

As it stands now - no. I'm still working on ACSE, but don't think we can pull off a joint release. What I could (hopefully) do is to include impacts, explosions and other projectile related stuff as "ACE SM 2.5" if there is need for it... :o

Possible to do so in the slot antitank grenade launcher could take firearms - rifles, machine guns?

I am personally hoping ACE removes the vanilla mortars all together and puts in the glorious m224a1, m252 , the podnos.

Hopefully the expansion gives CSAT a light mortar like the type 93 so compete with the m224.

Note the addon: https://yadi.sk/d/OrF0tus4ez7Uf

Adoon in work, but it is already using large community. Page addon on this community forum: http://Ñерьёзныеигры.рф/forum/cat-addony-arma-iii/topic-2517-page-1.html

Several videos of the future updates (in Russian only)

I advised the author to contact ACE for possible synergies and more productive work.

Edited by [HA]boris

Your addon is port of ACE 2...

Yup. Already, more than he had in AСE2. And the development continues.

Please don't. Please don't change SFX of the original game, they are fine as they are.

Yes, yes .... of course they are. NOT ! However, there is no need to integrate them into ACE3.

Improve on it. Artillery is my favorite part of the game, and ACE2's system was widely praised, even in the military training community as being the most realistic gun crew simulation available anywhere. I don't plan to let that title slip. :)

And now you need to build your own models for the guns, right? I would love it if the ACE arty module taught you where all the proper elevation and azimuth nobs were on the sight units, etc. Then players could actually brag that they know how to do it in real life.

I aim ACE2 mortars in my dreams sometime.

I enjoyed using the ACE2's mortars, hopefully we can see them in ACE3 :D

And now you need to build your own models for the guns, right? I would love it if the ACE arty module taught you where all the proper elevation and azimuth nobs were on the sight units, etc. Then players could actually brag that they know how to do it in real life.

I aim ACE2 mortars in my dreams sometime.

The 119 is fine as a model still, I just need good models of the sight units. I want to make them similar to how I did the M2A2 Aiming Circle that is in ACE2.

Hmmm i may finally stop playing Arma 2 ACE and start playing Arma 3.... :D

A good ACE 3 should start by not forgetting features of ACE 2, who are essentials. and should also take into account ideas and proposed features that were planned by the ACE 2 team for Arma 3

http://dev.withsix.com/projects/ace-mod2/roadmap

Also I think ACE 3 should focuse only on today vehicles and armaments, and let the futuristics stuff to bohemia.

Edited by cychou

Now i haven't seen anything yet about this so will the artillery system be as hard as it was in arma 2 that would be great?

As it stands now - no. I'm still working on ACSE, but don't think we can pull off a joint release. What I could (hopefully) do is to include impacts, explosions and other projectile related stuff as "ACE SM 2.5" if there is need for it... :o

Everyone may not need a sound mod once the Marksman DLC drops, given the sound overhaul. However, as you said, i do like your Impact sounds, a lot. ;)

I'm gonna ask again about ragdoll and ACE. Have you managed to use ragdoll instead of unconscious animation?

It would be awesome, i've just noticed that it's made in TacBF mod, look how people are getting revived after being ragdolled: