noubernou

ACE3 - A collaborative merger between AGM, CSE, and ACE

I'm with gibonez. I've been wanting shrapnel, blast fragmentation, and cookoffs for a while. Will ACE3 add these?

Cookoffs were included in AGM as far as I know.

I'm with gibonez. I've been wanting shrapnel, blast fragmentation, and cookoffs for a while. Will ACE3 add these?

Shrapnel is simulated in a mod...

I am not sure which though... TMR perhaps? But I do remember shrapnel, at least for RGO grenades, in some mod...

I am not sure which though... TMR perhaps? But I do remember shrapnel, at least for RGO grenades, in some mod...

I think it was a planned feature for AGM too.

Yep, it's in TMR (and is pretty damn sweet!).

Have you managed do use ragdoll insted of anims, when soldier in falling unconscious?

ACE will have shrapnel as far as I know this video from Nou showcased it's work a long time ago. It is fragmentation:

referred.

Q: CSE has server side enforcement of medical settings. Will this be in ACE?

A: Yes. We have a powerful settings framework for ACE3. This allows server admins but also mission makers to force features on/off how they like it. This is not just medical specific but for the entire modification.

Music to my ears :)

What about vanilla missions, will they play with Ace or without it?

Send from my tablet, so pardon any autocorrect bollocks

ACE will have shrapnel as far as I know this video from Nou showcased it's work a long time ago. It is fragmentation:

Just saw this too. So sexy. Would be really useful for taking out people behind walls.

Nice shrapnel, it was my #1 favorite feature in ACE2.

I really hope that in the medical system though, that it doesnt use the CSE pain "overlay" because last time I used cse, it was a VERY VERY bright opaque white overlay, which was quite immersion breaking in my opinon.

The ace2 one was much better, so I assume you guys probably have that stuff all sorted out :cool:

Good luck, looking forward to the release.

Edit:

Also looks like the TF47 Launchers mod author wants to use ACE as a requirement, so I can totally see some cool airburst stuff working in nicley with that mod and ACE frag system

Edited by MikeTim

Amazing news Nou, any chance this is gonna have ACEX?

Nice shrapnel, it was my #1 favorite feature in ACE2.

I really hope that in the medical system though, that it doesnt use the CSE pain "overlay" because last time I used cse, it was a VERY VERY bright opaque white overlay, which was quite immersion breaking in my opinon.

The ace2 one was much better, so I assume you guys probably have that stuff all sorted out :cool:

Good luck, looking forward to the release.

Edit:

Also looks like the TF47 Launchers mod author wants to use ACE as a requirement, so I can totally see some cool airburst stuff working in nicley with that mod and ACE frag system

Honestly I like the AGM pain view that distorts your vision making it look like one of those red and blue 3d movies. As someone who has suffered from a bad migraine before I feel like that is about the closest we can get to simulating pure pain in a video game. Granted there are other aspects to pain such as the damage that is causing the pain, but the pain feeling itself I feel was captured pretty nicely by AGM's effect by allowing the player a chance to try to fight through the pain while still making it benifitial to take painkillers, something I ignored in CSE with its effect.

Glad the medical system will have varying degrees of complexity. Having the advanced level is good for large groups, but can be an unnecessary burden and slow down gameplay for small groups of 2-4.

We have released a feature trailer! Missiles, Cannons, and Lasers!

Features Showcased in this Video:

- Ground stabilized turrets

- Helicopter FCS / Laser Self Designation / HUD

- Interaction Menu in Vehicles

- Realistic beam-calculated lasers

- DAGR direct LOAL missile guidance

- Top Down javelin/titan fire mode

- Titan/Javelin CLU targeting and locking (WIP)

p.s. no bananas this time

I'm not sure if this is possible but can you make the interaction menu in vehicles spread out over the buttons/dashboard, like in Take on Helicopters?

I like continuous tracking

I like that lazing works for missile

I dig new reticle

I can't wait for top down attack mode (looks really smooth too)

Why is action menu showing passengers alongside laser option? 0:56

Why is action menu showing passengers alongside laser option? 0:56

I would assume its because it is a scroll wheel action that was turned on via the new interaction menu.

So the option would have ordinarily been on the scroll wheel but now it shares space with the passenger option whatever that might be.

Guys i just love you for the trailer music .... no seriously i love how you change arma 3 to our (the "hardcore" community player) vision

Edit : i got a question , do you plan to convert some acex stuff like the spotter scope and the tactical ladder ? or you just want to remake everything from scratch ?

Nou, any plans regarding seamless integration of radio addons like ACRE2/TFAR?

Asking one more time, dont want to see you are forcing people to play on ACRE2...