noubernou

ACE3 - A collaborative merger between AGM, CSE, and ACE

How about old ACE features like, damage, penetration (etc.) system for vehicles, gasmasks? Will this be brought back?

Hey i have few questions for ACE devs.

Realistic ballistics/FCS calculated in C/C++ extensions

Why did you choose to use extensions?

What is the profit?

And is it only used for ballistics or also for medical system?

I'd like the system to injury was in AGM, but not in CSE.

In CSE shot to kill half the STANAG and more. In AGM injured done well.

Hey i have few questions for ACE devs.

Why did you choose to use extensions?

What is the profit?

And is it only used for ballistics or also for medical system?

Performance :) i think.

Awesome to see ACE³ actually happening, I almost lost hope...

Quite daring to release this info on April 1st :P

Anyway, just awesome and I am looking forward to a great future of ArmA3 gameplay WITH realism ^^

Performance :) i think.

Yeah, i guess, but i would like to know the details :)

Cooperation with raven's lifter would be cool :P

Why would you ever use that now that we have actual ropes with physics? All the old ways of doing it just feel weird, plus the physics ropes even have weight for the objects your slinging.

Either that file is incomplete or it isn't the correct RPT file. It seems to stop before the game is launched.

I advice that you try again with only CBA and AGM enabled, and then add the other modifications step by step to see what causes this incompatibility. Alternatively you can try to upload a RPT file that corresponds to a sitting this error actually occurs. Note that the filename of the RPT includes the date.

commy2;2912871']Either that file is incomplete or it isn't the correct RPT file. It seems to stop before the game is launched.

I advice that you try again with only CBA and AGM enabled' date=' and then add the other modifications step by step to see what causes this incompatibility. Alternatively you can try to upload a RPT file that corresponds to a sitting this error actually occurs. Note that the filename of the RPT includes the date.[/quote']

hint:

-nologs :P

How about old ACE features like, damage, penetration (etc.) system for vehicles, gasmasks? Will this be brought back?

I have the same question, but I think that it will come with the "... and much more" category :)

When do you plan to publish the github repo so mission makers could beginn to adapt their missions for ace?

When do you plan to publish the github repo so mission makers could beginn to adapt their missions for ace?

After the Marksmen DLC is released. We have about 10 pull requests that require the 1.42 release candidate.

commy2;2912999']After the Marksmen DLC is released. We have about 10 pull requests that require the 1.42 release candidate.

OK, now I can't wait for the Marksmen DLC :)

Hi everyone,

In the past few days I have seen a lot of questions regarding the medical system in ACE3. So I have listed the answers to your questions in this post. My apologies if I have missed some!

Q: Will the medical system be based upon AGM or CSE? Or ACE2?

A: Both and none. The entire medical system is a complete rewrite with inspiration taken from all 3 systems. It is a brand new system. And while the medical system has been rewritten, veterans of AGM or CSE will find their respective systems very accessible.

Q: In the video I saw torso before the medical actions. What is that about?

A: Our interaction system is done in 3D as much as possible. This also means all medical actions are tied to specific body parts (left leg, torso, etc).

Q: CSE has vitals such as heart rate and blood pressure. Is this also part of ACE3?

A: Yes. We have implemented a level based system with as many as possible togglable features. We provide a basic and advanced medical simulation setting. Basic provides a medical system similarly to the AGM version. Advanced allows for a system such as in CSE, or even more complexity if that is preferred.

Q: CSE has server side enforcement of medical settings. Will this be in ACE?

A: Yes. We have a powerful settings framework for ACE3. This allows server admins but also mission makers to force features on/off how they like it. This is not just medical specific but for the entire modification.

Q: There was an issue in CSE where you would get a massive amount of injuries for a single bullet. Is this fixed?

A: Yes. Using techniques for filtering handleDamage from AGM we have managed to improve both the accuracy and reliability of the advanced wound assignment. No longer a possible 4 new wounds for a single gun shot, but 1 instead.

Q: Does medical use an extension / dll?

A: No.

Q: Within AGM, units would automatically be provided with basic medical equipment by replacing the vanilla med kit. Is this in ACE3?

A: Yes, ACE3 has this as well.

----

And to finish this post, a sneak peak at one of the features within ACE3 medical:

dk6nd2q.jpg

Man, I hate that too when I leave bloody tissues after my morning-sneeze. :cool:

Edited by Artisanal

I some questions

1. Will we have blood and gore from VBS3 in ACE?

2. Will the procedures to fire the artillerys be the same as ACE2 for arma 2? where you needed to fuze the shells and put them in the mortars?

3. Will ACE3 have all the features from ACE2?

Best regards

I know you guys are getting a lot of questions right now, but I was wondering if there might be anything in the ACE3 pipeline to expand upon or even replace the vanilla respawn/spectator system?

Currently the unit I play with are relying on an in-house respawn framework I wrote combined with F3's spectator camera scripts and I've been trying to find a solution in the form of an addon to meet our needs (configurable and easy to use). There's no doubt we will be using ACE3 so if there are plans to cover that aspect of things also then that'd just make my day :p

I some questions

1. Will we have blood and gore from VBS3 in ACE?

I doubt it, at least not anytime soon. That would require a lot of rewriting code, not to mention all new models and animations.

Can't believe nobody has mentioned one of the single greatest things about ace.

SHRAPNEL.

Shrapnel really adds that tiny bit of randomness that real life explosives have. It makes the explosion 100m away potentially deadly.

Yeah i always wanted ACE3 even before i bought ArmA3. I am not sure if this is april fools day joke or real deal. It somehow sounds too good to be true.

I have a question which made the immersion in ARMA 2 increased tenfold with ACE which was with staying brass and obviously the medical equipment on the ground, has staying brass been worked out for ACE 3 on A3? It was so useful for tracking enemies and seeing where firefights broke out.

*edit*

Will we also see 'Weapon On Back' returning? I know we now have different slots for backpacks and launchers but having wire cutters on back or a breaching shotgun was great. And you might not have room to swap stuff around in a bag. (In fact it would be badass if weapons on the back appeared on the character model come to think of it.

Edited by Vulcanexius
Another question.

I'm with gibonez. I've been wanting shrapnel, blast fragmentation, and cookoffs for a while. Will ACE3 add these?