noubernou

ACE3 - A collaborative merger between AGM, CSE, and ACE

Omg, OMG, OMG, you know what I just thought of?

What IF

ACE + Tactical Battlefield PvP + Dedicated Servers... :eek:

Well I could tell you one area that would improve dramatically right away.

No god daam artillery computer thus the mortars would be fair using ACE's mortar system and not the point and click found now.

ACE explosives is also really good so IEDS would be really good. Russians would fare better if the AGS made it into the game with ACE's T&E.

Well I could tell you one area that would improve dramatically right away.

No god daam artillery computer thus the mortars would be fair using ACE's mortar system and not the point and click found now.

ACE explosives is also really good so IEDS would be really good. Russians would fare better if the AGS made it into the game with ACE's T&E.

Dude... I wonder what would happen if Project Reality did a collaboration with ACE3, i'm almost going wild thinking about it.

Omg, OMG, OMG, you know what I just thought of?

What IF

ACE + Tactical Battlefield PvP + Dedicated Servers... :eek:

I can tell you, that Tactical Battlefield will update their Mod to include ACE3. So yes, Tactical Battlefield will use ACE3, when it comes out

Im pretty sure its quite doubtful project reality would do a collab in such manner with ACE

They seem like they are taking a more gamemode based path for a3 PR, and less of a "feature" approach like ACE is.

Haven't had Arma 2 installed in a long time but did ACE 2 have the ability for explosives to increase in power exponentially I vaguely remember being able to load a car up with IEDS in the trunk and the car having the collective power of the explosives in said vehicle.

I know there is a lot to be excited for here, it's going to be a great mod

But I'm specifically excited about the idea of laser guided missiles finally not being tab-lock anymore. I don't know why it was done initially, but I can't wait to fire some SALH DAGRs, the way they were meant to be.

I know there is a lot to be excited for here, it's going to be a great mod

But I'm specifically excited about the idea of laser guided missiles finally not being tab-lock anymore. I don't know why it was done initially, but I can't wait to fire some SALH DAGRs, the way they were meant to be.

Amen.

Missiles might once again have some skill and a whole lot more versatility.

I would only say what i gathered from the ones working on this (olds and bakerman). You can either try to keep very general, but the simulation you can achieve is a vast approximation and cannot really take into account stuff like ERA (which is what is usually when you have no access to the original files - such as A3 models), or you can go in the actual .p3d model and actually create this "on top" layer that would help simulate more advanced materials and penetration. I cannot tell you more because it is a bit of trial and error, and i am far from being close to the subject, before one can put together configs, model changes and scripts, but basically, it should be possible to create a set of rules to go by, yes, but in order to integrate it one would need edit/improve the actual geo(?) lod per vehicle, besides all the configs. So it is more than just standards here, those are set by BIS and their samples / previous content released as mlod.

Thanks for the explanation. I appreciate it. :)

Dude... I wonder what would happen if Project Reality did a collaboration with ACE3, i'm almost going wild thinking about it.

Nothing good. Each project has had quite different aims in the past.

Im So excited :yay::yay::yay:

ACE + CSM?

Is this the real life?

Is this just fantasy?

some type of generic melee combat?

AGM AI? does this means u guys are making any AI imporvement? Especially in interiors and cqb

ASR AI for Arma 3 kind of does this already. ASR AI focuses on tactics of AI more and will think more humanly when engaged with players. I personally have seen AI flank players and throw smoke to conceal themselves when ASR AI is on.

Thank the heavens for this glorious thread!

--[redacted due to request]--

Edited by BadHabitz

And can you be knocked down by standing to close to a tank cannon still?

I guess that's what "overpressure simulation" means?

I guess that's what "overpressure simulation" means?

Shooting large calibre rounds for extended periods shouldn't happen without overheating/pressure.

any efforts to improve the diving experience in ACE? :)

Man I completely forgot that was a thing now in Arma.

Actually if you guys will remember, the official stance of the ACE team (before the merger) was that we would not enter ACE in any such contest due to it feeling unethical.

You can read the statement we released here: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?169555-Big-Announcement-(Make-Arma-Not-War)&p=2574432&viewfull=1#post2574432

We are not looking for monetary support or compensation from BI for this mod, so let's nip this conversation in the bud shall we?

ACE3 be more AGM o CSE system? CSE is based in moduls placed on editor. I not like this system, this create a dependence of editor job. And AGM use an addon system, this is more easy for use.

Edited by Legolasindar