noubernou

ACE3 - A collaborative merger between AGM, CSE, and ACE

Forgive me for being the downer voice in a sea of joy, but I have concerns about the idea for a 3d menu. For instance those with freecam will most likely not be looking at where their gun is aiming, which if a 3d menu gets cluttered like what I saw in the trailer with the body may lead to confusion on which action is selected in a tense moment.

Anyway if there's an option to enable a 2d menu like what AGM and CSE had in addition to the 3d menu I'd be swept away in the sea of joy. (actually I wouldn't mind if there were multiple UI's to choose from so each solder will have his prefered menu)

For instance those with freecam will most likely not be looking at where their gun is aiming, which if a 3d menu gets cluttered like what I saw in the trailer with the body may lead to confusion on which action is selected in a tense moment.

In a tense moment you can cut the wrong part of the men down, for me this is more realistic. In a firefight, is very possible you experience disorientation, or confusion. With a static 2D menu, you only push one button and see the progress bar moving. With a 3D menu, is a little more complex, more realistic, you need pay more attention at you job. I like the medics, not the pusher-buttons-dolls :p

woww! this is news i've been eagerly waiting for! best of luck team!

Forgive me for being the downer voice in a sea of joy, but I have concerns about the idea for a 3d menu. For instance those with freecam will most likely not be looking at where their gun is aiming

It doesn't work like that; just hold on until you try it.

(it was definitely tested with TrackIR already)

It doesn't work like that; just hold on until you try it.

(it was definitely tested with TrackIR already)

I guessed from the start it works based on where the character is facing (i.e. pointing) rather than where its head is?

I guessed from the start it works based on where the character is facing (i.e. pointing) rather than where its head is?

Just trust us. We have tested with TrackIR and other freelook methods; there are some off-the-bat thoughts about possible issues which all are fairly simply and this entire system was designed to avoid.

Just have faith!

I've had this problem for the past 3 hours now, and since the AGM forum is closed I'll post here.

So basically the problem is this:

http://cloud-4.steamusercontent.com/ugc/46500877980004324/DEBDAAC41C27FCDAD57C3C48F7E1203DBC621E77/

AGM is working for everyone in my team, except for me. We all have the same version, but this problem is only for me. Other mods we're using are all the same for everyone.

Just trust us. We have tested with TrackIR and other freelook methods; there are some off-the-bat thoughts about possible issues which all are fairly simply and this entire system was designed to avoid.

Just have faith!

Jaynus, you misunderstand!

I do have faith (or hope, whichever), I was just curious about the method used!

Jaynus, you misunderstand!

I do have faith (or hope, whichever), I was just curious about the method used!

And you'll be able to see the exact implementation in the source code when GitHub repository opens up. ;)

Not really tech savvy at all here.

But what is the huge difference between ACE2 not being open source and ACE 3 being open source ?

What would be the most noticeable aspect of this new found approach ?

I've had this problem for the past 3 hours now, and since the AGM forum is closed I'll post here.

So basically the problem is this:

http://cloud-4.steamusercontent.com/ugc/46500877980004324/DEBDAAC41C27FCDAD57C3C48F7E1203DBC621E77/

AGM is working for everyone in my team, except for me. We all have the same version, but this problem is only for me. Other mods we're using are all the same for everyone.

Please upload the RPT-file @pastebin.com and post the link.

Not really tech savvy at all here.

But what is the huge difference between ACE2 not being open source and ACE 3 being open source ?

What would be the most noticeable aspect of this new found approach ?

This isn't just about ACE2/3, it's about whole software development, being open source means others can carry on the work if the development stops or anything like that. It also gives a great opportunity for anyone to see how something is done, learn from it. And on top of everything, collaboration, anyone is free to pull request a new feature, enhancement, bug fix or anything of the sort and after evaluation from the developers get included if deemed high enough quality.

This isn't just about ACE2/3, it's about whole software development, being open source means others can carry on the work if the development stops or anything like that. It also gives a great opportunity for anyone to see how something is done, learn from it. And on top of everything, collaboration, anyone is free to pull request a new feature, enhancement, bug fix or anything of the sort and after evaluation from the developers get included if deemed high enough quality.

Ok that does sound awesome.

Rejoice! The day has finally arrived!

Can't wait to see this baby at work. Hell yes!

And you'll be able to see the exact implementation in the source code when GitHub repository opens up. ;)

The suspense is killing me! :P

But I shall wait patiently. I''ve waited longer. We all have.

Many thanks Jonpas and Jaynus for the steady replies, looking forward to contributing with whatever I can!

Many thanks Jonpas and Jaynus for the steady replies, looking forward to contributing with whatever I can!

Same here. I am ecstatic and am happy to see people come TOGETHER for the better of the Arma Community.

some type of generic melee combat?

AGM AI? does this means u guys are making any AI imporvement? Especially in interiors and cqb

Omg, OMG, OMG, you know what I just thought of?

What IF

ACE + Tactical Battlefield PvP + Dedicated Servers... :eek: