noubernou

ACE3 - A collaborative merger between AGM, CSE, and ACE

First, yeah! great news.

Second, just to give some perspective from an addon maker why I like your approche.

I am the leader, coder, monkey whatever for the Swedish Forces Pack. We try to make as much content as possible, including "simple" new soldier models, weapons to more advance missile systems like the famous laser guided RBS 70 or the new "jumping hangrenade" thats been developed in Sweden.

Sweden also make some of the most famous anti-tank weapons including the AT (m136) and the Carl Gustav. Something a Swedish mod of course should provide the best and most detailed simulation of.

There is however always a limit of time and resources, thats the reality. So using the AT 4 as an example, how can we not release a mod that features backblast? Of course we have to, so we made a script for that + content. Then mods like AGM/CSE was released. Now the question for us, should we make ourself dependent on one mod, continue using our own? What happens if both is run, should we disable our backblast or should we try disable the other mod's backblast.

Its tough to keep up, and its hard to deliver everything.

With this merge, we can more easily keep updated whats going on and focus more on content and new cool things rather than basic backblast. If there are new features that we sees is much needed we could now instead of making them part of our mod, simply add them to ACE3.

I have my own personal wish list that I want to make sure ACE 3 supports and that I hope I can add..

* Backblast defined by ammunition, rather than weapon (to support the new round for the Carl gustav)

* More types of bandages, instead of a generic, I want to see the item for the Swedish bandage and that it also works

* More modules, like the Anti Submarine Warfare (depth charges, sonar, torpedos), insignia selector, suicide bomber of Swedish Forces Pack

Just when we thought hope was lost.

The ArmA community loves you for what you started YEARS ago and I hope we can continue to do so into the future.

Can't wait, best of luck to all of you involved.

We are working closely with groups such as RHS and BWMod to provide functionality and compatibility where we can. :)

I'm quite curious about one aspect ACE² had: the advanced damage model for vehicles. Is something like this planned or even possible? It would be nice to have a level playing field with these two mods (which we use in 14. Jägerkompanie).

We are working closely with groups such as RHS and BWMod to provide functionality and compatibility where we can. :)

hell yes! thats great!

Looks interesting, merging popular larger projects and teams under a familiar banner. Good marketing ;) For the most part the feature-sets due for implementation are pretty exciting, particularly the interaction system. Feature-led over content-led is definitely the way to go.

I'm somewhat wary of the:

'Addition of realistic names for vehicles and weapons'. Being a fan of the Armaverse and it's fiction, and not a die-hard realism player I'm hoping this is going to be one of the modular elements?

As much as I know that will be a module (separate PBO) just like AGM IS.

Congrats on announcement!

I'm quite curious about one aspect ACE² had: the advanced damage model for vehicles. Is something like this planned or even possible? It would be nice to have a level playing field with these two mods (which we use in 14. Jägerkompanie).

There is only so much one can do at a config /script level without touching the actual model LODs. @RHS we already have a pretty advanced system in, and an even more advanced one in the works, but all that needs to be actually "modeled" in each of the geo lods for all vehicles (and ace2 system was similar in that aspect)

Would be awesome to have the Real Armor Mod as part of ACE3 as well. And of course the crew damage from ACE2. At the moment you have to fire multiple HEAT rockets at a tank until it is disabled to make him combat-ineffective. And AT-rockets weigh alot. In ACE2 a HEAT rocket would correctly kill the crew, so that a tank was mostly no threat anymore after it was hit by a HEAT rocket.

Jeez, 24 pages in less than 24 hours!! :cool:

I guess the community really missed ACE3 all this time.

I am not ready for this. Welcome back, missed ACE.

There is only so much one can do at a config /script level without touching the actual model LODs. @RHS we already have a pretty advanced system in, and an even more advanced one in the works, but all that needs to be actually "modeled" in each of the geo lods for all vehicles (and ace2 system was similar in that aspect)

Which means, at least to the ears of someone incapable of coding (like myself :p), that to be truly compatible the 3D models need to be largely following the same standards. So I'm wondering how much of a congruence can be achieved without asking other mod makers to rebuild their models according to this "standard"? Not trying to be contrary, just really curious. :)

Oh my god... :smiley-blunder: :smiley-blunder: It's finally happening!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ARMA 3 HERE I COME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is there any info on how to make other community mods compatible with ACE3 already?

You just made me rethink my atheism.... Holy fuck, this is amazing news! :D

Missed you so much in Arma 3......

woooooooooooooooooooo! This is gonna be awesome! Thank you!

This goes great with the morning java

so, congrats on the announcement and tease ;) can't wait for play-test

{let's bet who makes next big announce}

It won't end :D