noubernou

ACE3 - A collaborative merger between AGM, CSE, and ACE

>.<

please be true

ps: Please allow weapon resting on backpacks again, pretty please

;2910968']ACE Team. You now have no choice.

http://www.pcgamer.com/arma-3-ace3-mod/

Or this will be The Greatest Troll of BIF.

"We're so proud of that. This is totally for real" (frantically starts actually trying to write the code...)

Just kidding ;)

---------- Post added at 23:06 ---------- Previous post was at 23:05 ----------

what if.... this is just....

.... a joke?

Worry not Spetsy; it's not ;)

Picard

---------- Post added at 23:08 ---------- Previous post was at 23:06 ----------

Looking forward to the new features that ACE3 will provide. I hope the AGM- and CSE devs have as much a say on the development of this project as they did with their own. The dedication of the AGM devs really impressed me. I never used CSE so I can't really talk about that.

We'll try to make ACE3 development as public as AGM was; standby for the issue tracker in a few days

This is fantastic news.

Nice to see AGM and CSE teams join this project.

Nou, any plans regarding seamless integration of radio addons like ACRE2/TFAR?

commy2;2910835']It does include 100% more banana!

ACE is so awesome that even commy sounds happy. :D

Time for bananas:yay:

Open-source AGM and CSE, ACE is everything I dreamed of so thank you!

What about assets devs ?

I know ACE2 mod had alot of wonderful content added on top of the great gameplay changes.

Will ACE3 collaborate with other mod teams IE. RHS,HLC,BWmod etc. In order to have comparability if not outright inclusion of some of their assets into ACE 3 ?

So question time I guess as its not 100% clear in the first post. Will we see "advanced" features from ACE2 like the mortars etc any time in the future?

Yes, but not on the first release. The features mentioned on the post will all be included on the first release, with many many more too come with succesive versions.

I dreamed about a "CSM" or "AGE", but this seemed to good to even dare to mention it... Now we will finally see something "Splendid!" in Arma3!:yay:

Nice. backpack in a ventral position im still missing in both mods, we still use it with an mod (thx fsf) :D

Yes please.

This is gonna be so great.

Dunedain, anychance you can already tell us a bit more about this:

"Improved interactions for AARs and ammo bearers"?

SWEET.

I can't wait to team kil.... I mean support my team with the mortar :)

Using the mortars in ACE 2 and then monitoring coms was some of the most fun I had in any game ever.

Same here loved hearing my forward observer telling me my aim was hitting people in the head with willy Pete lol

Wait a minute I just realized something.

Didn't CSE integrate Ruthbergs Advanced Ballistics ?

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?181324-Advanced-Ballistics-%28WIP%29

Man that is the best wind, ballistic system I have ever played with.

That + ACE = good stuff.

Same here loved hearing my forward observer telling me my aim was hitting people in the head with willy Pete lol

Haha yea. I would use a 60mm to confuse friendlies. I would lob a single shell , then hear on coms " WTF was that ? IED ? Yea we need a medic an IED just took 2 of us out"

Wait another 10 minutes and strike again confusing the entire team leading to hilarious voice coms.

When not messing around mortars in ACE were fantastic for adversarial gameplay , nothing was more satisfying than playing as opfor somehow stealing a mortar and then using said mortar against blufor destroying their assets.

:yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay:

I made comparison of closed issues/master's commits on github over 3 projects which could participate in ACE 3 development.

C4JZMbC.png

I was curious wheter i will find some ACE3 influence over other projects which were mention in this topic, but i cannot interpret my data :DD so i do not know what to think :F

are there any plans to provide some ACE game mode/s in the package? would be great to see a full mod/TC emerge from this rather than just a collection of features. not that that's a bad thing but i see this as a great chance to shape arma MP a little bit since i feel ACE could be what PR was to battlefield. seeing some well thought out PvP and Coop game modes that stage all the features and stuff and is built around them would be great. just a thought i had.

This. It would be nice to see some dedicated Ace servers running some kind of Game Mode that many can access at any time with the mod(s), and enjoy an epic new experience.

Sums up my feelings on this announcement

LET THE HYPE TRAIN COMMENCE BOARDING!

All you will really get out of the graphing is that AGM/CSE dev stopped when we started merging massive amounts of code into our new repo.

To answer a few random questions I saw throughout the (!!!!!!) 15 pages and counting:

- Mortars/Arty is coming, but not on initial release; Nou and I are planning a rewrite of a lot of the core systems

- Dragons. POP POP POP POP POP POP

- I use TrackIR exclusively; so don't fret, its being tested with the new interaction system

That's all I can remember to answer off the top of my head. We will soon start dumping the spoilers on everyone over the next few weeks!

Count in CUP, AIA etc...merge A2/OA/DLC content in and you're back big time. I am so happy, and my body is ready. Missed you <3

Oh.

:yay:

..you stopped me 1 second before throwing my pc out of my window!

All you will really get out of the graphing is that AGM/CSE dev stopped when we started merging massive amounts of code into our new repo.

To answer a few random questions I saw throughout the (!!!!!!) 15 pages and counting:

- Mortars/Arty is coming, but not on initial release; Nou and I are planning a rewrite of a lot of the core systems

- Dragons. POP POP POP POP POP POP

- I use TrackIR exclusively; so don't fret, its being tested with the new interaction system

That's all I can remember to answer off the top of my head. We will soon start dumping the spoilers on everyone over the next few weeks!

If i were you. i'd hold off until Marksman. The new pops are... good.

This is crazy! It's very good to hear that mod teams have merged to create one single mod with one goal to achieve the most realistic experience you can on Arma 3. I will be eagerly awaiting its release!

For the love of god as long as we have the Advanced Artillery System my life will be complete.