Sign in to follow this  
raptor2x

I can't ban someone

Hello, everything is in the title.

When I'm logged as admin, in the players list in the map menu I can only kick a player but I can't ban him.

Even when I use #exec ban name/id/player# in the cat, it doesn't work.

Can you please help me ?

Hello, everything is in the title.

When I'm logged as admin, in the players list in the map menu I can only kick a player but I can't ban him.

Even when I use #exec ban name/id/player# in the cat, it doesn't work.

Can you please help me ?

Download and use DaRT

Regards

Ian

Hello,

Thank you very much, it works perfectly.

But the GUID is the Arma 3 profile ID or it's the Steam ID ?

Because if it's the Arma 3 profile ID, the player just have to make a new profile and he can come back on the server, no ?

Hello,

Thank you very much, it works perfectly.

But the GUID is the Arma 3 profile ID or it's the Steam ID ?

Because if it's the Arma 3 profile ID, the player just have to make a new profile and he can come back on the server, no ?

DaRT bans GUID's and places them in the BE folder's bans.txt. Bans made by the in-game # exec ban command places the banned person's PID in the ban.txt that found in the root directory. Either type of ban will stop a banned user from re-joining. As far as I know you cannot change the PID.

Thanks for you answer.

What is the difference between the GUID and the PID ?

Thanks for you answer.

What is the difference between the GUID and the PID ?

GUID is a player's Battleye ID and PID is player's Steam ID. The act you can decipher the GUID from a PID must mean the GUID and PID correspond with each other. I'm sure others will correct me if I'm wrong, but AFAIK, RCon and its GUI tools ban players' GUID's by placing them in the bans.txt, and the in-game admin commands ban players' PID's by placing the PID in the ban.txt that's located in the arma root directory. Like I said, they both do the same job, it's just the method you use for banning someone. If you use DaRT or EPM they'll ban the GUID's oppose to the PID's because they use Battleye's remote console AKA RCon.

Thank you very much for your explanation.

So that's perfect, in both case they can't bypass de ban.

Thank you very much for your explanation.

So that's perfect, in both case they can't bypass de ban.

No, neither can they change their SteamID or Battleye ID. The only way a player can workaround a ban is by purchasing another copy of Arma. But if they have a static IP and the admin's also banned their IP the ban will still be in place.

Dart while good is quite unreliable when a server restarts, it fails to reconnect but EPM Rcon Tool i've found works every time, if you ever need an alternative then try it.