19 hours ago, Snipertac said:

Is there any setup procedures to getting GM to work on a dedicated Server?

I've loaded all of the files over to the server, but the server fails to load the addons for GM.  I'm able to run in on my machine as a Internet game via Arma - but not on dedicated.

Did you try to use the ARMA 3 LAUNCHER, click on PARAMETERS, ALL PARAMETERS and select HOST, SERVER? 

It would launch ARMA 3 into DEDICATED SERVER MODE with all the mods from a PRESET. 

You can do this to TEST it on your PC or remote machine if you cannot launch it properly with the command line.

On 4/9/2021 at 11:04 PM, HeadshotFee said:

Thanks mate! 😄

I think what you are actually looking for is the parameter menu in the multiplayer lobby. You can access it in the top right of the lobby screen when you are a logged in admin or selfhosting the mission.

This mission seems to be limiting view distance to ~3k overriding game and server settings for view distance but I cant find the setting in any of the files.

If you could point me in the right direction would be great.

Thanks.

@dasa I just use the debug console at the start of the mission and do a global execute for view distance commands.

I've have been trying to edit the basic vanilla escape on stratis mission to create a custom unitclasses.sqf.

I changed the AI units and it works.

But when I add another mod's vehicles, and start up the game, it says something like "cannot find search heli. unit must have defined name."

This happens if the default heli is used, but if I added a tank or another vehicle to the O or I lists for example.

Do I have to actually REPLACE the existing units instead of adding to it? Or are there other related script files I need to update as well?

I do not want to change the map spawn locations or compositions. Just mainly the vehicles and AI units and some of the weapons available from the crates. Appreciate any advice.

3 hours ago, Valken said:

But when I add another mod's vehicles, and start up the game, it says something like "cannot find search heli. unit must have defined name."

This happens if the default heli is used, but if I added a tank or another vehicle to the O or I lists for example.

Do I have to actually REPLACE the existing units instead of adding to it? Or are there other related script files I need to update as well?

No, you don't need to exactly replace the classes if it is an array. The error arises from a failed spawn: Unknown classname -> no vehicle spawned, script can't find the heli and throws the error.

The reason could be either you made a typo in the unitclasses.sqf so it is not read correctly by the mission or you made an array out of a single string. Could also be that the mod you are trying to add is not loaded on the server properly.

8 hours ago, NeoArmageddon said:

No, you don't need to exactly replace the classes if it is an array. The error arises from a failed spawn: Unknown classname -> no vehicle spawned, script can't find the heli and throws the error.

The reason could be either you made a typo in the unitclasses.sqf so it is not read correctly by the mission or you made an array out of a single string. Could also be that the mod you are trying to add is not loaded on the server properly.

I think there is something off about the mod or the config.cpp files are not listing the vehicles names correctly.

I tested it by loading ARMA into VR map with the mod, dropped each vehicle with crew onto the map then highlighted the names, and copy and pasted it into the unitclasses.sqf in the missions SUB FOLDED de-pbo'ed.

Then loaded the mission in SP or MP mode. SP would throw up the error, MP would just hang.

I will check it one vehicle at time to see which ones vehicles work or not.

Thank you for the help!

A dev release containing the new SOGPF CDLC release is out on Github: https://github.com/NeoArmageddon/co10_Escape/releases/tag/e5f1a95

The port to the awesome Cam Lao Nam terrain is probably one of our biggests ports yet, with 414 patrol spawn zones and 81 handselected comcenter positions.

Have fun and make sure to report all bugs like missing classnames etc here or on the escape Github.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hello,

This mission is incredible, I play it every week with friends since years without getting tired of it.

I would have request, would it be possible to add to the patrols the possibility of entering buildings ?

That have had the opportunity to script for arma (VTS) so I know it's possible and simple ! (some patrol in building, some enemys in building)

Before the players being spotted, some patrols could move from building to building.

overall in ArmA most missions we know that we can enter a building without any risk and find an enemy, it breaks the immersion a bit.

it would be enabled or not in parameters

I think it would be a great improvement and it's easy to do.

Thanks a lot really great job.

example :

• Thanks 1

That script and a custom version were already part of Escape for testing but AI pathfinding in buildings is incredibly performance heavy on the server and renders the mission in big cities even more unplayable.

So it is unlikely this will ever be added again.

But there is some limited building spawning for bases already in. That can be, for example seen in some comcenters and vehicle depots.

You can also add mods like VCOM to your server and AFAIK AI will then use buildings for cover.

We have been playing this fun mission for many years, with two players. It was always fun and challenging to play. But throughout the years it seems that it has become harder and harder. When i put the AI on lowest it feels like it is already godlike. There are many instant deaths (for the players), AI seeing through trees and bushes, even in the Prison spawn many times as soon as a player arms himself, or fires the first few shots, the AI kills with a few shots. Also the enemy Helicopter, Tanks and whatnot all come soon after we start the round.

I understand much of how the mission plays out is random, and some spawns are easier than others.

I always run the mission on a Listen server and it works fine. Although performance seems to have become worse. I guess the mission and AI are getting more demanding?

Is there a way to make the AI set to Cadet actually mean easy? Like i said, we've been playing this mission for years and both of us are custom to it. It's like the AI has gotten so much godlike.

Thanks for the continued support for this great mission. Any tips to soften our struggle are welcome!

On 2/9/2021 at 3:49 PM, Snipertac said:

After 6 years of playing this mod now and countless escapes, we looked at new maps last night - We chose the Mull of Kintyre.  Wow, what a great map.  For the two of us, having a good line of sight helps, especially with on coming Heavy vehicles or Heli.  The FPS of the map was good, even at night and the mission files worked very well.  It seemed at some point, we did get some weird noises or random spawns close to us, but we have a good approach on areas now, after years of tackling this situation.

Our first attempt only last an hour, didn't get far - Maybe 1 k from the Command post.  Our second attempt was over 4 hours and we got within 100m of a Command post.  Given the size of the land, the vast open areas and settings we had, we had to bunker in, resupply and move on when possible to avoid Heli drops, Heavy Vehicle and Convoys of troops.  We took out nearly 200 AI, including multiple tanks, MRAP and 2 Gunships - but it was the 3rd Gunship that got us, as we were pinned down from both sides in the main town and couldn't get cover - the only building we need to get in to get cover, was one that would allow us 😞.  At one stage, we disabled a Gunship, repaired it and was only requiring some fuel to get it going, only for us to take out a Reaper and have it crash into the Gunship - such bad luck.  We were SW at the time and the Heli would have been good to get us to a suitable location again.  Over all, we walked over 14k going via two Ammo dumps and Command post.

Well done Ice, this Map works very well with the Escape missions. 

Hey Sniper, have you escaped the Mull yet? We've been playing it for a month now (loving it!). We got to the evac and threw the smoke got the arch angel on the way message. But he never showed, there were no messages that they were under fire, they just never showed. I was wondering if the Mull in bugged or just bad luck. We're playing the CUP RU vs USMC vs RACS v1.10

On 5/12/2021 at 4:04 AM, NeoArmageddon said:

Updated the SOGPF release with some improvements. Dev release ID is 4fe249ab.

https://github.com/NeoArmageddon/co10_Escape/releases/tag/4fe249ab

I've been playing this mission  ON and OFF, fantastic way to introduce the gear and units to both sides for new cDLC owners and I wanted to ask is it possible to designate one of the COMMS to be INSIDE the tunnels?  I see there are COMMS type tunnel setup in Eden...

Just saying sneak in, fight the tunnels and then escaping would be an epic option. Not all COMMS has to be like this of course.

Loving this mission and been a few years since I have played.

Not sure how to make wartorn "stick" though restarts though.

It says look in the readme.txt but can see nothing ?

goto mission folder then /include/params.hpp edit this file

to change it so mission calls in the params from params.hpp 

class Param_Loadparams
    {
            title = "Parameter Load and Save (save params between sessions, see readme!)";
            values[] = {0, 1, 2};
            texts[] = {"Use settings below and save (settings will be restored on mission restart)", "Load previously saved settings (Use below if none found)", "Use settings below without saving"};
            default = 0; // set this to 0 so it reads the params from the mission file 
    };

to enable wartorn change the value to 1

class Param_War_Torn
    {
        title="War-Torn mode (CSAT and AAF are fighting each other)";
        values[]={0,1};
        texts[]={"Disabled","Enabled"};
        default = 1; change this to 1 to enable wartorn 
    };

remember to save after the changes

hope that helps there are lots of params there you might want to change some more 

• Sad 1

@PatPgtips Hey thanks very much for taking the time to reply.

I see that you have to edit the pbo for these settings to stick on restart right ?

Is there a way to tone down the AI ? I have set them to cadet so that should be the way to go right ?

1 hour ago, spitfire007 said:

@PatPgtips Hey thanks very much for taking the time to reply.

I see that you have to edit the pbo for these settings to stick on restart right ?

Is there a way to tone down the AI ? I have set them to cadet so that should be the way to go right ?

That is NOT the correct way to make options stick through restarts! Editing the PBO is not recommended at all!

Just set the first option in the params to "Use settings below and save (settings will be restored on mission restart)" and set the others to your liking. After a mission/restart arma defaults the first param to "Load previously saved settings" which tells the mission to look for previously saved settings. Important: The multiplayer lobby params will not reflect what will be actually used by the mission! This can be checked in the inmission briefing under settings. If you watn to use your own params, just set the params once, select "Use settings below and save" and never touch them again in the lobby!

15 hours ago, PatPgtips said:

to change it so mission calls in the params from params.hpp 

class Param_Loadparams
    {
            title = "Parameter Load and Save (save params between sessions, see readme!)";
            values[] = {0, 1, 2};
            texts[] = {"Use settings below and save (settings will be restored on mission restart)", "Load previously saved settings (Use below if none found)", "Use settings below without saving"};
            default = 0; // set this to 0 so it reads the params from the mission file 
    };

That is actually a really bad idea and complety disables the parameter storage feature. Don't to that!

No wonder people are having problems with the params and feel the need to edit the pbos.

Also make sure, you have not changed the setting with CBA. CBA settings is given priority over lobby params.

• Like 1

On 5/25/2021 at 11:01 AM, faistaff said:

Hey Sniper, have you escaped the Mull yet? We've been playing it for a month now (loving it!). We got to the evac and threw the smoke got the arch angel on the way message. But he never showed, there were no messages that they were under fire, they just never showed. I was wondering if the Mull in bugged or just bad luck. We're playing the CUP RU vs USMC vs RACS v1.10

Hi,

I believe we have escaped twice.  Did have any issue.  Did they get shot down?  That has happened to us before.  Our Heli's were all shot down on approach.  We make sure to clear any close points like commands posts or Ammo bases that are near the EVAC area.

Only issue I've had and not on all maps, was making you threw your smoke over the marker, if you throw it too short it wont activate.  

Hello,

How do I set the game to use the CWR units/vehicles/etc? Which mission file do I need to pick? I have tried most of them but I'm having no luck.

Cheers.

On 7/7/2021 at 6:16 PM, juicemalouse said:

Hello,

How do I set the game to use the CWR units/vehicles/etc? Which mission file do I need to pick? I have tried most of them but I'm having no luck.

Cheers.

You need to edit one of the files so the gear and units show up in the missions. I forgot which one but there was a beta I think for CWR. I agree with you on this. I want to play CWR EXCAPE with all the low tech gear it had during the era. I love playing SOGPF ESCAPE without NVG or lock on AA for example. Just intense with a good COOP team over our favorite terrains!

Thanks mate, it's all a bit over my head so I won't bother as I don't know what to do. That's the vibe I was after too. Props to the map creators, it's a great mission.

I opened one of the mission files and you need to edit the "UnitClasses.sqf" file under the units folder.

But do download the full mission pack from the first post, check github for the latest builds, and there IS a CWR beta mission inside. You can pull out the UnitClasses.sqf file and edit it to update it to the current CWR mod level.

Then put the CWR UnitClasses.sqf into the mission you want to play on, such as stratis or any other terrain. I suggest you test with stratis as that is a small terrain to make sure all the gear and units come up.

QUESTION: 

We just received "Angel 1 is down" and "Angel 2 is down" but no other prompts... what is the next step?  Do we need to hack another terminal?  Or go back and hack the same terminal again?  (just tried searching the topic and didn't find any other hits)

40 minutes ago, hcpookie said:

QUESTION: 

We just received "Angel 1 is down" and "Angel 2 is down" but no other prompts... what is the next step?  Do we need to hack another terminal?  Or go back and hack the same terminal again?  (just tried searching the topic and didn't find any other hits)

find another comms hack it for a new lz 

• Thanks 1