Jump to content

Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, kdjac said:

Excellent mission, our best efforts on Alits ended with us finally finding the comms and moving to the extraction, only too be foiled by 5 tanks, A-10 and a Kobra (RHS vs US).

 

It was  like the game said well done for getting this far but Nope.

 

 

 

Haha, nice. Try again, I am confident you will make it :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Coul said:

Can someone port this to ruha? 

 

Ruha port is mostly ready and will either arrive in 1.9 update or in a slightly later update.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, topden said:

could you add a 3d marker to the wounded player? so that it can be seen at a distance of 100-200 meters. eg http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=31478 but this script unfortunately does not work. It would be easier to look for the wounded without a camera

 

I am not a fan of markers and overlays and on our server we have all default marker stuff disabled. I could add a option in the parameters thou. Can you write a ticket on https://gitlab.anzp.de/escape/co10_Escape please?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, NeoArmageddon said:

 

I am not a fan of markers and overlays and on our server we have all default marker stuff disabled. I could add a option in the parameters thou. Can you write a ticket on https://gitlab.anzp.de/escape/co10_Escape please?

 

ok

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

been noticing that rescue choppers now turn off the engines when they land in the latest build. So far so good, it costs a bit extra time when you sit there and nothing happens and then they start up. Could be deadly if you are trying to get out fast.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, winter_mute_ said:

been noticing that rescue choppers now turn off the engines when they land in the latest build. So far so good, it costs a bit extra time when you sit there and nothing happens and then they start up. Could be deadly if you are trying to get out fast.

 

Yes, but it prevents the AI from touching down and immediatly taking off again and/or hovering in 5m without even touching ground. The extra time is a good tradeoff if you ask me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know if this has been asked before but is there a way to exclude say certain playable units from being put into the prison. so example i have created a bounty hunter team for isla duala so essentially trying to create a PvEvP scenario. is this possible?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello!  Any chance  that we can set the amount of civilian randomness higher if possible in the params?

 

Would be cool to have the map "alive" when trying to escape. Without having to add a mod to it. As your mission has civi's roaming anyways. 

Enemy blending with Civilians makes the game just a tad harder and realistic i think. Would be a cool detail, but of course cpu hungry - so maybe a 1-5 amount thingy would be sweet :)

 

Not sure if its possible at all, but i've tried to scatter through the missionfiles to find the civilian spawning settings (amount and percentage) , but can't really find it.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, EviloverlordZurg said:

I don't know if this has been asked before but is there a way to exclude say certain playable units from being put into the prison. so example i have created a bounty hunter team for isla duala so essentially trying to create a PvEvP scenario. is this possible?

 

Possible but not easy to accomplish. You would need to add an exception to initPlayerLocal.sqf and initPlayerServer.sqf  making a check for the players side. There are other scripts that may get stuck or confused by a non-enemy player thou.

 

3 minutes ago, Espen Haugen said:

Hello!  Any chance  that we can set the amount of civilian randomness higher if possible in the params?

 

Would be cool to have the map "alive" when trying to escape. Without having to add a mod to it. As your mission has civi's roaming anyways. 

Enemy blending with Civilians makes the game just a tad harder and realistic i think. Would be a cool detail, but of course cpu hungry - so maybe a 1-5 amount thingy would be sweet :)

 

Not sure if its possible at all, but i've tried to scatter through the missionfiles to find the civilian spawning settings (amount and percentage) , but can't really find it.

 

 

 

 

AFAIK the civilians scale a little bit with the difficulty level but the mission is nearly at the limit of active groups (althou it is a limit per side). I hesitate in increasing the amount of civilians as this will overstrain most servers out there and will degrade the gameplay quality of the mission for a lot of (unknowing) players. Also there are many problems with civilians in general, like problems with bridges etc.

 

If you want more civilians you can of course add a server mod that automatically spawns them in cities. That is the easiest way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, NeoArmageddon said:

 

Possible but not easy to accomplish. You would need to add an exception to initPlayerLocal.sqf and initPlayerServer.sqf  making a check for the players side. There are other scripts that may get stuck or confused by a non-enemy player thou.

 

 

AFAIK the civilians scale a little bit with the difficulty level but the mission is nearly at the limit of active groups (althou it is a limit per side). I hesitate in increasing the amount of civilians as this will overstrain most servers out there and will degrade the gameplay quality of the mission for a lot of (unknowing) players. Also there are many problems with civilians in general, like problems with bridges etc.

 

If you want more civilians you can of course add a server mod that automatically spawns them in cities. That is the easiest way.

 

Yeah or try to use ARMA's own Civilians that can be "triggered" But that way the civis will be pretty "static" and very predictable. And i havent found a mod that actually puts them in a vehicle, to drive around - that works well.

 

Hmm yeah did not think about the grouplimits! :O But that can be an issue indeed.  if they are to "live" on the map, they cannot just randomly be despawned in inactive parts.  That would kill the point i think. Hmm, might have to investigate some moar! :) 

 

 

And i've never had problems with civilians driving in ARMA... ever.   :drinking2::f:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey there. Love Escape. Play it a lot with mates. We even tweak it with some different Equipment/Weapon Mods. What we also like from time to time, on small maps, is a "Fußrunde". Means we don't use vehicles. The last days i ported Escape to Ruha map and left the vehicle arrays in UnitClasses.sqf completely blank. So no vehicles are spawning. There are of course some errors in server logs, but nothing in game and it works just fine. There are no civilian cars, no MRAPs, no tanks, no nothing. It's quite immersive, to play it like that. Which brings me to a feature request. You think you can include a mission parameter in future releases, which allows to play the mission without vehicles?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Wurstkoffer said:

Hey there. Love Escape. Play it a lot with mates. We even tweak it with some different Equipment/Weapon Mods. What we also like from time to time, on small maps, is a "Fußrunde". Means we don't use vehicles. The last days i ported Escape to Ruha map and left the vehicle arrays in UnitClasses.sqf completely blank. So no vehicles are spawning. There are of course some errors in server logs, but nothing in game and it works just fine. There are no civilian cars, no MRAPs, no tanks, no nothing. It's quite immersive, to play it like that. Which brings me to a feature request. You think you can include a mission parameter in future releases, which allows to play the mission without vehicles?

there is a file fn_initserver.sqf, there you will change tsyfry on vehicles civil or military on 0 and everything will be fine. without errors in rpt   http://joxi.ru/1A5GKwohKBXL8m

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Wurstkoffer said:

Hey there. Love Escape. Play it a lot with mates. We even tweak it with some different Equipment/Weapon Mods. What we also like from time to time, on small maps, is a "Fußrunde". Means we don't use vehicles. The last days i ported Escape to Ruha map and left the vehicle arrays in UnitClasses.sqf completely blank. So no vehicles are spawning. There are of course some errors in server logs, but nothing in game and it works just fine. There are no civilian cars, no MRAPs, no tanks, no nothing. It's quite immersive, to play it like that. Which brings me to a feature request. You think you can include a mission parameter in future releases, which allows to play the mission without vehicles?

 

That sounds actually quite fun. Maybe a mixture would be even better: Disabling civilians, military traffic and the vehicles at comcenters/ammo depots but leave the surprises (chopper with paratrooper, surprise gunship, truck full of specops) in.

I see there are terrains which don't play well without ANY vehicle.

 

Of course there can be options for both.

 

It would be nice to create a ticket for your request here and describe it a bit. If you feel like helping, you can also create a merge request and implement the mode yourself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, topden said:

there is a file fn_initserver.sqf, there you will change tsyfry on vehicles civil or military on 0 and everything will be fine. without errors in rpt   http://joxi.ru/1A5GKwohKBXL8m

Thanks, will try that. But i doubt it will affect parked vehicles, right?

 

4 hours ago, NeoArmageddon said:

That sounds actually quite fun. Maybe a mixture would be even better: Disabling civilians, military traffic and the vehicles at comcenters/ammo depots but leave the surprises (chopper with paratrooper, surprise gunship, truck full of specops) in.

Yeah we left choppers and gunships in the mission. The trucks full of specops will break the experience eventually, because ... people. If there is any vehicle, someone will use it. You can count on that ;-)

 

But tracked vehicles could work. You have to disable them anyways. And if you prevent toolkits from spawning, no one can repair them. The mission parameter could have 3 states:

  • Normal
  • Tracked Vehicles only
  • No Vehicles at all
4 hours ago, NeoArmageddon said:

I see there are terrains which don't play well without ANY vehicle.

Yeah of course. A "Fußrunde" on Altis could take a whole day, if you can manage to survive. Small maps like Stratis or Ruha are perfect. Especially Ruha where you can find cover in all these ditches/trenches or the bumpy terrain in the forests.

 

5 hours ago, NeoArmageddon said:

It would be nice to create a ticket for your request here and describe it a bit. If you feel like helping, you can also create a merge request and implement the mode yourself.

Cool, will create the ticket. But my Arma scripting skills are way to limited to contribute proper code to the project.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Wurstkoffer said:

Cool, will create the ticket. But my Arma scripting skills are way to limited to contribute proper code to the project.

 

Learning by doing :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

please, help me what to do with civilians?  if they saw me and I took away their car, they will run to report to the patrol?  And I should kill a unwanted witness.  Or a murder of a civilian caused a more patrol to the crime scene? :headscratch:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, asys said:

please, help me what to do with civilians?  if they saw me and I took away their car, they will run to report to the patrol?  And I should kill a unwanted witness.  Or a murder of a civilian caused a more patrol to the crime scene? :headscratch:

 

Civilians become hostile (aka report to enemy) when you killed one of them. Treat them nicely and you are fine. Also they see you are in peril and will allow you to take their cars.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, NeoArmageddon said:

 

Civilians become hostile (aka report to enemy) when you killed one of them. Treat them nicely and you are fine. Also they see you are in peril and will allow you to take their cars.

hmmm... i understand, thank you 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

such a problem: on some islands where a lot of water players are often killed in the water. their script throws to the shore, but it can be either the near, or the opposite shore of the river or the sea. Can I add a mark on the map to the player who is "thrown" to the shore and removed it after the revive of this player? http://joxi.ru/ZrJkznMI1aeg9m  

1. some players

2. kilied player in water

3.kilied player wait  revive (need marker)
it still happens when you lie on the shore a little bit with your feet in the water and when you are killed at this moment you "fly away" to the other side) .Sry for my bad English, I hope you understand what I mean

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
missionnamespace setvariable ["A3E_Statistics",[],true];

As admin in code console.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, NeoArmageddon said:

missionnamespace setvariable ["A3E_Statistics",[],true];

As admin in code console.

this command added 4 page of vanilla statistics. and I wanted to reset the statistics of attempts of the mission successful and unsuccessful, which is written by the file fn_SaveStatistics.sqf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Escape 1.9 is finally out! 1.9 comes will hundreds of changes, additions and fixes. Including the new statistics, the reworked extraction (less burning helicopters), improved roadblocks and much better client and network performance.

 

You can find all changes here:

Spoiler

Changelog for co10 Escape 1.9 (from 1.8.1) including Vanilla, Apex CUP and RHS versions

## Highlights ##

Improved extraction chopper AI. They should now fly more reliable, land most of the time, even when under fire and crash less frequent. Althou crashing can not be prevented in every situation because if Arma AI.

Added statistic tracking. Some basic statistics are stored at the end of the mission (time played, tasks archieved, etc). Statistics can be accessed in end screen and in briefing under "Statistics". Optional: Statistics can be send (anonymous) to the Escape statistics server for future infographics and global statistics.

New prison templates by DPM.

## Added ##

Added support for Tanks DLC.
Added support for Laws of War DLC.
Added mag repack script by outlawled (can be activated by parameter).
Parameters for disabling DLC content.
Mission on Diyala.
Mission on Valtatie 5.
Mission on Kastellorizo.
Mission on Schwemlitz.
Mission on Isles of Cumbrae.
Mission on Beketov.
Added CUP BAF configurations.
Added more Apex configuration.
Added more RHS configurations (including desert versions).
Added daytime/nighttime parameter (known bug: Daytime results sometimes in 1am).
Added new custom leaflet to leaflet drone.
Support for new Duala, Abramia, Panthera and Winthera version 3.9
Support for new Esseker version.
Added new mission ending, when players killed civilians.
More extraction positions to Tanoa.

## Changed ##

Made mission names more coherent ("co10 Escape mod playerside vs enemyside").
Searchchopper now moves around airport when idle.
Enabled map when unconscious.
Improved removal of player hmds.
Guards now takes the players radio and watch (you need to get them back :P)
Backpacks are now removed from prison guards.
Changed old SQF constructs with new SQF engine commands (e.g. floor random count -> selectRandom). Improving script performance.
Improved extraction zone selection.
Roadblock objects are now aligned to terrain. Looks much better in most cases.
Moved reworked functions from DRN to A3E namespace, to reflect that they are not from the A2 mission anymore.
Improved placement of roadblocks. Direction is now taken from three roadsegments instead of one (mud tracks are always returning wrong orientation. A3 bug).
Improved "GetPlayers" function.
Revive now supports prone reviving.
Revive always switches back to primary now (this saves some time when revive was started with secondary/launcher).
Replaced OPFOR recons with INDEP recons in vanilla.
Improved mission loading time.
Linked "Somewhere on..." text with successful escape. Feels more epic!
Firstperson view now supported in unconscious camera (HSC).
Default parameter changed for a more finetuned experience for new players.
HSC cam now follows players better. Change prevents camera from clipping thoru the floor when player is above terrain level.
Made gamemode triggers local to server, saving network traffic and client performance.
Moved triggers for brifing tasks to client.
Made ingame mission name more readable in loading screen.
Changed mission type from "Coop" to "Escape" for server browser.
Made comcenter towers indestructible.
Changed addrating/score treatment of players killing civilians.
Made AI less deadly in long range combat.
Enemy CAS may now use bombs/bomblets. Mine detector is now useful, yay!



## Fixed ##

Planes chrashing when used as searchchopper/drone replacement (relevant for IFA3 ports)
Moved HSC camera to own layer. Fixes random error when terminating cam.
Added more handling of undefined reference units. Fixes some server rpt spam.
Fixed "WashAshore" function. Unconscious players in water are now properly washed onto the shore (and not into solid objects).
Performance leak in roadblock creation.
Fixed civilian traffic not spawning on small maps (like Porto or Thirsk).
Fixed third roadblock template (machine gun not falling throu floor anymore).
Correct amount of crashsites are now spawned (was always one less than expected).
Roadblock and comcenter vehicles are not deleted when players are in/near.
Amount of roadblocks is now a softlimit and not enforced anymore.
Extraction marker is now marked red when extraction failed.
A lot of wrong/missing classnames.
Lowered heavy comcenters antenna by 2m.
Fixed a race condition between server and client at mission end.
Enemies now have more ammo.
Fixed parameter display in briefing. Now shows current value and default value.
Default bckpacks are now removed from ammo depot boxes.
Fixed a bug prevent reveal of markers.
Fixed Sharani missions (including United Sahrani) preventing spawn of patrols and rendering the mission too easy.
Fixed broken extraction markers on malden 2035 (thanks to CRCError1970).
Fixed RHS weapon box classname (thanks to CRCError1970).

## Removed ##

Drone hack script (was broken because A3 updates)
Unused scripts and functions.
Unused entries in unitclasses.sqf.
Removed zombie mission setup (was not maintained anymore).
Remoced choppers without cargo positions (VIV) from extraction.

 

 

You can find the complete pack of 1.9 here: http://escape.anzp.de/co10_Escape_1.9.7z

This download contains all missions on all terrains and with all mods (Vanilla, Apex, RHS and CUP). Simply put them in your servers mpmissions directory and your are ready. 

Additionally you can find the addon release in the "addonfiles" directory. These files are identical to the SteamWS releases and are onyl meant for admins that want them for debugging purposes.

 

You can now also find the Apex, CUP and RHS modsets in SteamWS:

SteamWS without mods

SteamWS with Apex

SteamWS with CUP

SteamWS with RHS

 

Please rate and fav the SteamWS items. The base escape mission has at the time of writing 80 votes (98% positive). Unfortunatly steam only rates an item with 5 stars when it has over 100 votes.

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×