On 10/6/2020 at 2:21 AM, Snipertac said:

We have been playing these missions for over 5 years now and all of a sudden, we can't hear each other's gun shots in game. 

That happens in MP when versions of a mod or if different mods that change some gunsounds are used together. It even might happen when the mod is not used by the mission but only by one player.

We had a similar problem when we played CUP escape (with RHS also installed on the server) and one of our players connected with an outdated RHS version. He could only hear is own weapon sounds and we couldn't hear his sounds.

I recommend you double check that server and all players are using the same CUP version and nobody is using any extra addons that may contain weapons with their own sound. So if you play CUP escape, make sure server and no player is sideloading RHS/ACE or something like that.

Not sure where is bug comes from, but it does not seem to be a config inheritance problem but something deeper in the engine (maybe soundfiles with same name in different locations, but just speculation)

• Thanks 1

We played with Vanilla settings and it was ok, then we played with our sounds mods and it worked as well.  Seems to be an issue with CUP Weapons.

We run Dynasound and Enhanced Soundscape, I believe the issue is here, that these mods are not working with the new CUP weapons and these mods have not been updated to suit.  So we are going to go back to JSRS Sound and try his mods - especially given he works with the Cup team to assist in these matters.

We tried playing CUP without the mods, but it made no difference, but then I realised we were only doing this client side and the server was still loading them.  So I'll experiment with that.

Thanks for you support

Hello folks.

Having same issue here: no gun shot sounds, once of a sudden it started recently. The thing is we've never run CUP version of the mission, we run with CBA_A3, RHSAFRF, RHSUSAF and JSRS mods. Dedicated server only loads CBA_A3 and RHS mods. The worst part is not only I can't hear all of my temmates' shot sounds but also I don't hear some of enemy's. Issue reproduces even if I'm the only player on server. Other guys say they can't hear my shots only.

Definitely smth with mods, but I guess not the CUP's fault.

4 hours ago, pedeathtrian said:

Hello folks.

Having same issue here: no gun shot sounds, once of a sudden it started recently. The thing is we've never run CUP version of the mission, we run with CBA_A3, RHSAFRF, RHSUSAF and JSRS mods. Dedicated server only loads CBA_A3 and RHS mods. The worst part is not only I can't hear all of my temmates' shot sounds but also I don't hear some of enemy's. Issue reproduces even if I'm the only player on server. Other guys say they can't hear my shots only.

Hello. It’s happened to my server. It turned out to be a problem with RHS.  I just put the RHS key in the keys folder of the Arma 3 Server.

If I put the entire RHS folder containing ”addons” into the root of the Arma 3 Server folder, my problem is solved.

13 hours ago, strayer49 said:

If I put the entire RHS folder containing ”addons” into the root of the Arma 3 Server folder, my problem is solved.

What your supposed to do with mods, any mods that has any assets being used by a mission needs to be on the server, so if a sound mod

has a module you can place in the editor which adds music, or ambient sounds, or what have you then it needs to be on the server.

Ideally you should be checking a few things when running into such issues:

- Server's RPT (logs) to see what it says, provided your running full logs, - defined in the server.cfg as

timeStampFormat = "short";Set the timestamp format used on each report line in server-side RPT file. Possible values are "none" (default), "short", "full".

- Server's Commandline - This is where mods are being called to be loaded and used in the game, here you want to check a couple of things:

proper commandline setup, correct mod naming, no spaces, or odd characters -these depend.

Other aspects:

- Sound mods that overwrite sounds of other mods.

- Loading client mods while server is running other mods which can effect as noted in previous posts here clients hearing

sounds that others cannot, or both sounds are canceled out.

==============

• Overall check the server's RPT , if you can figure it out then ask on the forum here.
  • Check the commandline
  • Make sure the mods your trying to load arent corrupt (not fully uploaded, missing files, out of date)

Cheers!

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, pedeathtrian said:

18 hours ago, Snipertac said:

Seems to be an issue with CUP Weapons.

Pretty sure it is your soundmod making changes in the base sound config of the game and basically excluding CUP/RHS from these soundfiles. Just think of this: CUP and RHS rely on a specific config entry for a weapon sound from the base game but when you load some soundmod it changes that entry or might even remove it for its functionality. Now CUP/RHS can not load this base config entry and overwrite it with their own sounds thus making these weapons inaudible.

19 hours ago, Snipertac said:

So we are going to go back to JSRS Sound and try his mods - especially given he works with the Cup team to assist in these matters.

AFAIK he did not assistest in latest patch, so I would check if JSRS was updated after the latest CUP release. Otherweise I would just play without any soundmod, especially server side.

• Thanks 1

Ok, I will check it out today.  I have a few things I need to look over.

Commandline.  I know this is correct, I even load it in the same order as the folders are located in the server.  The only special character I use and have been for years is the Underscore. ie. CUP_WEAPONS or CUP_TERRAINS_MAPS.  I normally copy the name from the server folder and paste it into the commandline.

When I mentioned Cup weapons, I should have stated more detail.  Meaning the Cup weapons mod is fine, yet the other sound mods we are running is conflicting with it and its interaction with the base files.  Given we can run the game without CUP and still with soundmods on a Vanilla setup and it the issue is resolved.  But I understand now after your feedback.

JSRS seem to have more frequent updates, especially after the latest CUP version.  I'm sure he has updated since 1.16.1.  I only noticed his comment on working with CUP dev team and seen his name listed as a contributor.  He now has specific Sounds mods for CUP Weapons and Vehicles.

I haven't removed the sound mod or remove the sound mod from the commandline on the server, so I assume, even if we dont load it client side, the mod can still affect the server side if its loading.

It turned out I was loading clientside RHS SAF and GREF mods and not loading correspondent JSRS mods (not sure if this is the reason). So I don't load SAF and GREF clientside now.

I also had SAF and GREF keys on server allowing clients to connect with those mods. Since we don't play missions with SAF and GREF for a while, I removed those keys from server (not sure if that helped the issue tho).
Some of the above fixed the issue for me, not sure which. Will check it later today and return with update.

UPD it was clientside mods that caused the issue. Proper loading JSRS mods for all RHS mods or not loading them all works ok.

We played last night without the older sounds mods loaded and instead ran with the JSRS mods - and his additional CUP sound mods.  Everything worked again.  Though the JSRS mods seems to over do it a bit with some of the effects and under do it on others - especially vehicles.

It looks like CUP has been rolling out a few more patches over the past two weeks and its all seems to be flowing well.

One thing we did notice last night, was everytime we spawned inside the Prison and collected our weapons, the AI outside seemed to kill each other.  We would hear a lot of gun shots, but would only find the AI guarding the prison dead and a lot of their ammo used in the process.  But its a small issue on such an awesome mod that we enjoy so much.  Did our 4th escape on Utes, which can always be a challenge with 2 players and lots of heavy vehicles.

Hi, I'm new here but i would like to know if it's possibile if a static spawn position could be used in place of the random spawn and of it's possibile how can i set this?.

Many thanks.

I was playing Escape on Outkasts' servers and it popped into our minds that Escape should have a movie theme version such as using Max's A-Team mod! After all, in the TV series and movie, they were being hunted down.

• Haha 1

You'd just need to script guns to not hit anyone, but break all the glass. And when all the windows are shattered, enemies give up.

• Haha 1

After 6 years of playing this mod now and countless escapes, we looked at new maps last night - We chose the Mull of Kintyre.  Wow, what a great map.  For the two of us, having a good line of sight helps, especially with on coming Heavy vehicles or Heli.  The FPS of the map was good, even at night and the mission files worked very well.  It seemed at some point, we did get some weird noises or random spawns close to us, but we have a good approach on areas now, after years of tackling this situation.

Our first attempt only last an hour, didn't get far - Maybe 1 k from the Command post.  Our second attempt was over 4 hours and we got within 100m of a Command post.  Given the size of the land, the vast open areas and settings we had, we had to bunker in, resupply and move on when possible to avoid Heli drops, Heavy Vehicle and Convoys of troops.  We took out nearly 200 AI, including multiple tanks, MRAP and 2 Gunships - but it was the 3rd Gunship that got us, as we were pinned down from both sides in the main town and couldn't get cover - the only building we need to get in to get cover, was one that would allow us 😞.  At one stage, we disabled a Gunship, repaired it and was only requiring some fuel to get it going, only for us to take out a Reaper and have it crash into the Gunship - such bad luck.  We were SW at the time and the Heli would have been good to get us to a suitable location again.  Over all, we walked over 14k going via two Ammo dumps and Command post.

Well done Ice, this Map works very well with the Escape missions. 

Playing  the new escape missions on Outkast and is there a reason why the loading times are so long once you enter the server? It is like a good 30 seconds before the screen comes on once the game as started.

This occurs even joining in the middle of the game. Totally sitting duck in such instances.

Or is immunity enabled for a few seconds?

12 minutes ago, Valken said:

Playing  the new escape missions on Outkast and is there a reason why the loading times are so long once you enter the server? It is like a good 30 seconds before the screen comes on once the game as started.

Still as fast as usual on my dedicated server (1-3 seconds "Loading..."). When joining a runnining session the only thing that is done while "Loading..." is shown is just a waituntil{!isnil player}, so I suspect it is mod/server configuration is delaying the player initialization. I don't think it is mission related.

29 minutes ago, Valken said:

This occurs even joining in the middle of the game. Totally sitting duck in such instances.

Or is immunity enabled for a few seconds?

i have set a 30 second delay since we added the paradrop instead of prisons so we all drop at the same time 

if we dont do that then players will spawn on the ground if they dont load in quick enough so i added the delay for that reason

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, PatPgtips said:

i have set a 30 second delay since we added the paradrop instead of prisons so we all drop at the same time 

if we dont do that then players will spawn on the ground if they dont load in quick enough so i added the delay for that reason

Appreciate it Pat! I was wondering why we were sitting in the dark with gun fire around us! :D Real tests our nerves out in the field. 

People asked for me to pack dev snapshots of escape again, but as I am fairly lazy I wrote a tool that downloads the current escape of Github and packs all configured escapes.

As this directly packs into the PBO format, it is much faster compared to the old python compiler.

It can be downloaded here:  http://escape.anzp.de/EscapeDevPacker1.7z

It needs .Net 4.7.2 runtime.

Usage:

Extract into a folder, run exe, select output folder, wait a moment and copy all mission pbos you need into your/your servers mpmission folder.

Please note that the missions compiled with this tool are from the devbranch and may have yet unknown bugs or are unplayable.

Known bugs:

Some mission names are parsed incorrectly.

Hey guys,

does anyone know how to edit this mission?

I was watching an Escape Video from someone and he was showing some settings in his mission. https://prnt.sc/116nen0

How can I change the "Enemy Frequency", the "Enemy Spawn Distance", and so on..?

Do I need to write a config by myself or can I just overwrite something?

I was already taking a look in some files from the mission but I found nothing usefull - maybe I'm blind.

8 hours ago, HeadshotFee said:

Hey guys,

does anyone know how to edit this mission?

I was watching an Escape Video from someone and he was showing some settings in his mission. https://prnt.sc/116nen0

How can I change the "Enemy Frequency", the "Enemy Spawn Distance", and so on..?

Do I need to write a config by myself or can I just overwrite something?

I was already taking a look in some files from the mission but I found nothing usefull - maybe I'm blind.

@HeadshotFee https://github.com/NeoArmageddon/co10_Escape/blob/master/Code/include/params.hpp

• Like 1

Can someone PLEASE for the LOVE of JEBUS port Escape to Cold War Rearmed 3:

Make it period specific for the CWR and CUP CWA MAPS!

Or point to the tutorial so we can try it ourselves! Thank you!

20 hours ago, Valken said:

Can someone PLEASE for the LOVE of JEBUS port Escape to Cold War Rearmed 3:

Make it period specific for the CWR and CUP CWA MAPS!

Or point to the tutorial so we can try it ourselves! Thank you!

While we're at it, has an WW2 version of Escape (based on IFA3 lite?) ever been released?

• Like 1

Is there any setup procedures to getting GM to work on a dedicated Server?

I've loaded all of the files over to the server, but the server fails to load the addons for GM.  I'm able to run in on my machine as a Internet game via Arma - but not on dedicated.