A massive thank you to all those involved, and an extra special thanks for Neo and Scruffy.  Always look forward to these updates and extended pleasure of playing them.

We loaded the mission files to our server last Tuesday and initially had a lot of issues getting away from the prison.  Getting used to having crew manned on the Helicopter at the start took a little a bit of adjustment and planning.  Though the maps we tried first were difficult.  

You can definitely see a better response in performance on a server,  FPS was clean and minimal drop out at night in large towns.  The flags at the objectives was good.  The AI vehicles - especially Armoured - Seem to track your last know location and not always knowing where you seem to be.  Though I had noticed some of the Enemy was able to shot you at random spots within buildings, though ARMA has always shown issues here.   The update also meant we seen the full effects of the latest CUP updates, Nice weapons and new vehicles.

We tried Winter Cherno, Malden, Everon and a few others and didnt have much luck.  We ended up on UTES and had one of the best games in a while.  I can confirm, the EVAC helicopters had no issues landing on the beach and we finished off with another successful mission.

Tonight we have another session.  I've been playing these missions for 5 years now and have over 3500 pictures of these missions.  

Thanks again, I still owe you a coffee 🙂

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Snipertac said:

I've been playing these missions for 5 years now and have over 3500 pictures of these missions.  

Always nice to read that someone had this much fun with my mission.

If you have some good images, maybe you could send me a selection if screenshot you think are capturing the "escape spirit", so I can finally add some more screenshots to the steam workshop. That would be awesome.

• Thanks 1

Total beginners question, and probably more to do with Arma itself than with the Escape mission, but... What are good ways of escaping detection by the helicopter? We played a game today and when the chopper appeared in the distance we went prone under a tree, but this didn’t seem to work at all.

1 hour ago, thirith said:

What are good ways of escaping detection by the helicopter?

Shoot it down if you can, then move out of the area. Trick is to keep moving, as the heli will come back and forth, the worst part of it

is if you sit around in an are to long hiding, they might call artillery on you, or mortars, even if you dont kill the heli you can drive them away for a bit,

in the meantime get out of there.

Any patrols you run into, at least infantry, kill them and take their gear, ammo, and weapons if your lacking, well thats a given but

it comes down to survival, plus any killed infantry may have a map which is what you want, it will give you an idea of were enemy ammo depots are

and radio towers to call for extract.

• Thanks 3

Does anyone know how Neo adds civilians into his mission? I'm trying to make my own mission with civilians, although I've searched google to no avail.

Thanks for keeping the mission updated Neo! This is the only mission I play religiously with my friends since 2015.

On 8/12/2020 at 7:46 PM, Sabersnack said:

I created a heavily modified version of this mission on Tanoa for a Vietnam scenario. Read the description on the Steam Workshop for a quick list of modifications I made.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1996149850

Wow. I've long wondered if the Unsung mod could be combined with this mission type.

Any chance you might replace the NIArms mods with CUP equivalents?

Unless I'm mistaken, the CUP mods should offer the same weapons (if not more) and they're way more popular than NIArms.

On 8/18/2020 at 1:53 AM, domokun said:

Wow. I've long wondered if the Unsung mod could be combined with this mission type.

Unless I'm mistaken, the CUP mods should offer the same weapons (if not more) and they're way more popular than NIArms.

Sure, I can make a version with CUP weapons.

• Like 1

I'm not sure I understand your reply correctly, Gunter. The regular co10 Escape pack includes versions for the original CUP version of Chernarus already, and that Steam workshop link seems to be a different, older version of Escape that works with the Chernarus map. What I'm asking about is a version that works with the new CUP Maps 2.0 version of Chernarus that came out earlier this year, since that map is a distinct improvement in several ways (though the performance is also worse).

What I'm asking about is a version that works with the new CUP Maps 2.0 version of Chernarus that came out earlier this year

Ya idk early morning lulls, figured you were looking for the mission on Chernarus for CUP and thats what i seen, and i knew already that

if you use CUP Terrains you would get the latest version of the map, but ya my mistake looking at the date of the mission on the workshop, lol

now i see.

The regular co10 Escape pack includes versions for the original CUP version of Chernarus already

Ya think i knew that now that you mentioned it, its been about a good year since i really played escape so i forget what the download pack contained.

I would guess then its up to the authors unless theres new version on the workshop already.

Huh... Looks like there actually is a Chernarus 2020 version in the official pack and I just didn't see it. This year is definitely messing with my brain...

22 hours ago, thirith said:

Huh... Looks like there actually is a Chernarus 2020 version in the official pack and I just didn't see it. This year is definitely messing with my brain...

😘

• Like 1

Question can I put snow uniforms on CSAT in CSATvNATO ona winter map?. If so how?

Thank you in anticipation.

Defcon 5

On 9/19/2020 at 6:27 PM, Dfcon5 said:

Question can I put snow uniforms on CSAT in CSATvNATO ona winter map?. If so how?

See 

On 9/21/2020 at 10:24 AM, NeoArmageddon said:

See 

Thank you for that but I have a snow 'escape' map working very well (Thirsk w) I just want to change the uniforms. I have changed to 'CSAT Cnow Tigers' uniforms for CSAT, in the editor and placed the mod on the server as required etc but the 'new' .pbo runs with stock uniforms only. The .pbo runs fine with new uniforms in single player/preview. do I need to delete the stock CSAT team and build a new one with the uniforms?...what am I missing? (aside from the obvious!!).

On 8/18/2020 at 1:53 AM, domokun said:

@domokun here you go!

Escape Tanoa - Vietnam Edition (CUP/RHS)

• Thanks 1

On 9/23/2020 at 12:27 PM, Dfcon5 said:

Thank you for that but I have a snow 'escape' map working very well (Thirsk w) I just want to change the uniforms. I have changed to 'CSAT Cnow Tigers' uniforms for CSAT, in the editor and placed the mod on the server as required etc but the 'new' .pbo runs with stock uniforms only. The .pbo runs fine with new uniforms in single player/preview. do I need to delete the stock CSAT team and build a new one with the uniforms?...what am I missing? (aside from the obvious!!).

If you replace the units in the editor with new uniforms, they should appear on a server. I suspect you have forgotten something mixed up when uploading the mission to the server. Make sure it has a new name  (in include.hpp) and a new name for the whole pbo file. Might be that a cached mission overwrites your changes when playing in MP or you still have some old mission/addon versions of Escape on your server and you simply just start the wrong mission.

If it works in SP it should work on the server aswell.

I got it to work. With escape if you save in the editor frequently but not always you only get a new mission.sqf but the game logic is stripped out. So I replaced the logic and it works fine. Also its better to change uniforms in the 'attributes' area rather than the the 'loadout' area in this case, not sure why but it only worked once I changed the uniforms in 'attributes' by changing the soldier.

So in summary my mistakes were to change the uniforms in 'loadout' which seems to be ignored by escape even though a .pbo not working (re change of uniforms) on the MP server when brought back to the editor still displays the uniform change in SP.

I am informed it works well in other scenarios so maybe my editor is squirly. My second mistake was to read the editor manual!!!

Thank you Neo for your help it was pivotal because you encouraged me to push on because I was close.

P.S. Mad about escape.

• Like 1

I've been playing this mission for the past 5 years, and I remember playing something similar in the years before that, stretching all the way back to Arma 2 (not sure if it was yours).

To this day, I have yet to actually complete it. I always play on super expert (1st person lock, expert AI, no HUD, etc...), and with at least 4 of my friends. We've gotten extremely close sometimes. But the day we beat it we'll have a big celebration or something lol.

There is just something about this scenario that allows it to act as a timeless classic to me and my friends. We've joked about making a standalone game around this concept (similar to PUBG's start), but I think the base game of Arma 3 allows it to reach the heights that it does.

I'm surprised that you are still here pumping out updates for this. I guess it's for people like me who enjoy the challenge, but still, it is nice to see.

Do you have any other plans for this concept? My friends and I dream of a day where we can play it with more than 15fps. That'll be the day, lol.

Great stuff,

Sal.

14 hours ago, tuffleader said:

I've been playing this mission for the past 5 years, and I remember playing something similar in the years before that, stretching all the way back to Arma 2 (not sure if it was yours).

To this day, I have yet to actually complete it. I always play on super expert (1st person lock, expert AI, no HUD, etc...), and with at least 4 of my friends. We've gotten extremely close sometimes. But the day we beat it we'll have a big celebration or something lol.

There is just something about this scenario that allows it to act as a timeless classic to me and my friends. We've joked about making a standalone game around this concept (similar to PUBG's start), but I think the base game of Arma 3 allows it to reach the heights that it does.

I am always happy to hear that someone is having as long and as much fun with this as I do. Back in A2 the first type of this mission was by Engima. You may also have played my edited and ported version back then. AFAIK Scruffy and I were the first who ported Escape from Chernarus to terrains like Podagorsk and added some more randomization to weapons and stuff.

15 hours ago, tuffleader said:

I'm surprised that you are still here pumping out updates for this.

Have nothing better to do and play a couple of times a week myself.

Do you have any other plans for this concept? 

Keep it up to date and enjoyable.

My friends and I dream of a day where we can play it with more than 15fps. That'll be the day, lol

Just throw more CPU power at Arma, that always helps.

Here is a strange issue that someone here with experience may be able to help with.

We have been playing these missions for over 5 years now and all of a sudden, we can't hear each other's gun shots in game.  We can hear others (AI) and  we can hear each others bullets hit items, but not the gun sounds.  Have tried unloading mods, changing mod order in Launcher, Turning off ACRE, still no luck.  I think it also has the same issue in Vanilla as well.  I've heard deleting the Arma Cache in the local folder can resolve it. 

Seemed to come in on the latest CUP version, being 1.16.0, but wasn't resolved when the 1.16.1 patches came out either.  Even ACRE has updated and still no change.  Though I haven't deleted and reloaded ACRE as such on the server.

Can provide heaps more info, but hoping to try any ideas you may have.