On 2/11/2020 at 8:06 PM, Xstr1ng3r said:

hi, can please someone help me why in-game parameters cannot be changed?

If it's your server or a server you have admin rights too, then you need to login in as a Admin.

#login password  in the ingame chat option

On 1/7/2020 at 9:18 PM, NeoArmageddon said:

New dev 20-01-06 with improved difficulty and enemy spawning. Influence of parameter enemy group size, village spawn and spawn distance are tweak for more immersion and better performance in most cases (you still can crank it up to max, but this will be much more difficult and demanding on performance as before). TL;DR server admins have a wider range to adjust those params now.

Also in this dev there are Global Mobilization (GM) builds (normal and winter) courtesy of Scruffy.

And also thanks to Elitehunter for packing this release on short notice as I am off for a conference in a minute.

https://github.com/NeoArmageddon/co10_Escape/releases/tag/Dev_200106

Hi,

Will there be an update with the latest release of CUP and Cherno 2020?

The latest update DEV_200106 has been great on our server,  Prison spawns are good, AI seems more aware and responsive to their surroundings.  Terrains seem to handle longer view distance without loss of FPS.  

On 3/9/2020 at 1:55 AM, Snipertac said:

Hi,

Will there be an update with the latest release of CUP and Cherno 2020?

The latest update DEV_200106 has been great on our server,  Prison spawns are good, AI seems more aware and responsive to their surroundings.  Terrains seem to handle longer view distance without loss of FPS.  

https://github.com/NeoArmageddon/co10_Escape/commit/53efef9871574d874d3eab9deedc039479bf03a2

Kudos to Querbas/Elite for doing the same thing at the same time as me but better.

Will update a dev build with the new CUP Taki stuff after todays play/testsession.

On 3/11/2020 at 6:09 AM, NeoArmageddon said:

https://github.com/NeoArmageddon/co10_Escape/commit/53efef9871574d874d3eab9deedc039479bf03a2

Kudos to Querbas/Elite for doing the same thing at the same time as me but better.

Will update a dev build with the new CUP Taki stuff after todays play/testsession.

Can't wait to trial it.  

Hello! I decided to try to make a new prison. Please tell me how can I find this parameter for objects?   _pos = [_center,_center vectorAdd [3.58105,3.80859,0.887205],_rotation] call A3E_fnc_rotatePosition;

Hi Neo,

Is there a timeline on the new Mission and addon files or Dev release?  The new CUP files look to have caused a few issues.  Though still playable.  We are still running files from the DEV200106.  I believe CUP was releasing another patch this week.

Also, Watched your Escape video on youTube the other night.  We normally play with 2 or 3 people with some degree of success, but I can see how interesting it would be with more players.  It's quite easy to get pinned down in a location as you advance. 

15 hours ago, Snipertac said:

but I can see how interesting it would be with more players.  It's quite easy to get pinned down in a location as you advance. 

We get pinned down because keeping the squad together is like trying to herd cats.

New dev update is theoretically ready, I just need to remember to pack it and upload it. 😞

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

On 4/22/2020 at 6:54 AM, NeoArmageddon said:

We get pinned down because keeping the squad together is like trying to herd cats.

New dev update is theoretically ready, I just need to remember to pack it and upload it. 😞

We sometimes spend too long in a area,  or take risks with exposed Ammo dumps or roadblocks etc.  Playing mainly with two players, we found we had to stick close to each other to maintain an ability to revive each other,  though sometimes you need to break up to flank a Command post or Ammo dump to get to the Static weapons quickly.  Tanks are always fun, especially when they have you pinned in a town with no way out.

Yes please, we would really appreciate the upload.  We have been having issues with some of the CUP TP maps, Takistan and Utes seems to have bugs and I've seen Thirsk have bugs also.  Seems enemies had the ability to see pas walls or shot you in the head every time on these maps.  Though its only been since the CUP update the other month.  I've seen also when the Prison guards shoot each other at the start as well. 

On a positive, Helicopters seem to land and control themselves better during evac.  AA weapons like the Stinger and IGLA are also better now as well.  More control and better success of a hit.  

We play tomorrow night for our weekly Escape fix,  been doing so every week for 4 years now.  So you can see why we appreciate all the work you guys have put into the missions and CUP.😉

On 4/21/2020 at 10:54 PM, NeoArmageddon said:

Awesome. Lookiong forward to it.

BTW do any of the helicopters have operational searchlights like this mod? i.e. the beam's illumination increases' searcher's visibility at night

And can players effectively disable the search light by shooting it out?

Last night we tried Escape Contact - CSAT and NATO for the first time.  We had escaped Livonia before, but thought it would be best to try with the Contact vehicles, aircraft and weapons.  We normally always play CUP based maps and weapons.

2 hours and 43 Mins and we got there in the end.  And was rewarded with a VTOL EVAC, which was really different and amazing to watch.  We had a very small area of EVAC, so we made sure we were away from it.  There was power lines and a road, the landing area was full of tree stumps - yet the VTOL did the perfect landing.  We are close to reaching 100 Escapes now in 4 years with just two players.  Though we get about 25% approx escapes.  Most the time we die at the prison or just soon after.

Only issue we had all game, was twice, it appears as if we had a random single spawn soldier right on us.  We were in a field 600m from a command post and was taking out the Static and foot patrols before approaching.  Then all of a sudden a soldier shot my friend, I turn around and he was right on top of me, so I was lucky enough to get a pistol onto him. Didn't hear any footsteps or voices from him.  So I assume he just spawned?

Will play this mission again for sure.  Starting off in the prison, where the guards have limited weapons and gear adds to the challenge at the start,.  Hepas of Soldier transporters, Ammo dumps and Tanks to keep you busy and the Aircraft are crazy - especially the Gunship.  Finding a Medkit is the biggest challenge and very rare.  You might find one from a Fireteam or maybe Paratrooper. 

Reading up on all the updates. They look really impressive! Is there an ETA on when the update will go live on steam?

On 4/22/2020 at 6:54 AM, NeoArmageddon said:

Based on this comment and seeing that there were a bunch of new and very interesting commits on GitHub, I build a new set of missions using the compile_local.py script (based on main branch 26/04/2020). I have run these for my team on a Windows standalone server. The new Chernarus 2020 mission with Contact assets worked flawlessly. Also the new Weferlingen terrain with Global Mobilization assets, or Weferlingen Winter with CUP assets worked great. So amazing to have these new terrains and assets in the mix. Great work to NeoArmageddon, ScruffyAT, Qerbas, Belkon, Dystopian and all the rest of the coding team. You guys rock!

On 4/29/2020 at 2:59 AM, Snipertac said:

Finding a Medkit is the biggest challenge and very rare.  You might find one from a Fireteam or maybe Paratrooper. 

Glad you enjoyed it. You may check civilian vehicles more often. A lot have FAKs and some (like ambulances) have medkits aswell.

On 4/30/2020 at 7:11 PM, faistaff said:

Reading up on all the updates. They look really impressive! Is there an ETA on when the update will go live on steam?

On 5/1/2020 at 7:18 AM, AstroRetro said:

Based on this comment and seeing that there were a bunch of new and very interesting commits on GitHub, I build a new set of missions using the compile_local.py script (based on main branch 26/04/2020). I have run these for my team on a Windows standalone server. The new Chernarus 2020 mission with Contact assets worked flawlessly. Also the new Weferlingen terrain with Global Mobilization assets, or Weferlingen Winter with CUP assets worked great. So amazing to have these new terrains and assets in the mix. Great work to NeoArmageddon, ScruffyAT, Qerbas, Belkon, Dystopian and all the rest of the coding team. You guys rock!

Yeah, there were some really good additions by all contributors in the last year and I am really satisfied how some stuff evolved.
One would guess in quarantine you have more time to prepare a release. Right now I can only say: Hopefully Soon™.

Well, we have just about escaped all of the Maps listed now, with just the two of us. Some have been a huge challenge.  Porto, Zargabad, Takistan and Utes.  Its either large open plan areas that are difficult, or the smaller maps.  We have ranged from over 5 hours to just under 55 mins to escape.  The 5 hour mission, we have an extraction around the 2 hour mark and both Heli's hit tree's, so we continued onto another command post and Evac.   Mind you, we have been planing Escape for 5 or 6 years now - two times a week.

Is there a date we can expect another Dev update?  We mainly run CUP, so still looking forward to seeing the updates from CUP, come into play in Escape. 

Came back to Escape after a few years of abstinence. Still rocks! Thank you for such a great mission, guys!

I noticed that there are hardly any more patrols on the maps. Is there something I need to change?

On 7/10/2020 at 1:47 PM, pophase said:

Came back to Escape after a few years of abstinence. Still rocks! Thank you for such a great mission, guys!

I noticed that there are hardly any more patrols on the maps. Is there something I need to change?

if your running from a dedi server make sure AutoInit is disabled the patrols dont work when enabled

also check params.hpp to change the params of the server 

location includes/params.hpp 

i hope that helps but sounds as if Autoinit is enabled and does break the mission 

Is there any chances that you release Taviana and Namalsk in the future???

I saw for sure Taviana port in steam Workshop, i am not sure if Namalsk was ported but i desperately waiting that you one day release escape for them. 

Both maps are very intresting.

Taviana (Arma 3): <Link Removed>

Namalsk: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1503394309

Edited by Dedmen
Removed link to illegal workshop upload

The author of Taviana prohibited port to Arma3 and release in the SteamWS, so all uploads are against Steam and Arma 3 EULA. I will not support such terrains ever.

For Namalsk: Nothing planned yet. Maybe some day that might change.

Ok, your statement is understandable, about Taviana. Didn't know the background.

Still have hope for Namalsk anyway because is very atmospheric and full of very diverse locations.

Thanks for your answer.

Oof... I finally took the time to finish up the release of 1.10. I wanted to get this huge update and maybe the biggest improvement to the co10 Escape mission out as soon as possible but these strange times, working on my PhD thesis and other RL events took their toll on my spare time and made me postpone the work needed for a release in favor of other activities. But I finally pulled myself together and in a six hour sprint I compiled and wrapped up all missions (over 590 single missions). You can find the download to co10 Escape 1.10 on the frontpage, at the github releases page or as direct link here. The workshop entries will be updated in the coming week.

Have a look at the changelog for 1.10. Not all changes are mentioned, but the major ones are listed:

Spoiler

Changelog for co10 Escape 1.10 (from 1.9) including Vanilla, Apex, Contact, GM, CUP and RHS versions

## Highlights ##

Complete rework of the initialisation and bootstrapping of the mission. This not only fixes a lot of long standing bugs like spawning on client hosted mission or with exotic server configuration but also makes startup of the mission much faster and reliable.

Reworked patrol spawning and area dependent patrol densities.

Huge performance refactor (server and client side).

Added new units from CUP and RHS and added support for Contact DLC and Global Mobilization CDLC.

## Added ##

Added vehicle lock param to lobby (with this heavy or all enemy vehicles can be locked for the players)
Added new POI templates from aussie-battler
Added custom flags to comcenter templates
Added localisation (by kuroneko)
Added new CUP setups with units introduced with latest patches (RACS, PMC, ...)
Added Contact CDLC setup (CSAT vs US)
Added search chopper FFV positions
Added virtual arsenal to "additional weapon boxes"
Added a library of porting missions to all terrains done by Scruffy and Neo
Added some QoL functions
And many more minor additions

## New supported terrains ##

Zargabad (CUP)
Kujari (Temppas)
Livonia (Contact DLC)
Winter Chernarus
Chernarus 2020
Bukovina
Utes
Improved Podagorsk markers
MKSE (Port by DPM)
Reshmaan (Port by DPM)
Napf (Port by DPM)
Anizay (Port by DPM)
Vidda (Port by DPM)
Vinjesvingen
Mull of Kintyre

## Changed ##

Improved object removal around comcenters.
Improved ACE medical support in regards to the missions revive script.
Improvent missionflow handling by not assuming some loading time constants but sending state messages .
Improved guards reacting faster to an alarm.
Improved nightime and daytime settings to cope with northern terrains.
Items from civilians vehicles are now mostly removed (no more free medkit for you!).
Heavy vehicle spawn is delayed to 5-10 minutes after missionstart.
Improved Porto mission.
Improvement of unitclasses (general tweaks).
Made spawn logic server side (reduces network traffic drastically).
Reduced trigger update interval from "per frame" to a few seconds (reduces server load drastically).
And many more minor changes

## Fixed ##

Revive: Fixed JIP players sometimes becoming stuck in captive state.
Fixed: Maximum number of patrols was not always enforced per zone.
Fixed param for environmental grass.
Fixed flags not being synchronised across network.
Fixed jagged fences of the prison duw to network latencies.
Fixed a bug where a player stayed captive after escaping.
Fixed a bug in a roadblock templated resulting in statics being spawned in ground floor (and thus being slightly obstructed).
Fixed reinforcement trucks not spawning.
Fixed civilian traffic on very small terrains not spawning.
Fixed guards assuming the players position behind prison walls and shooting through said walls.
Fixed BI CAS module (again...).
Fixed "mapconfig\logo.paa" error.
Fixed HMDs not always removed from players ivnentories on startup (with mods having NVGs in vest for example).
Fixed comcenter 2 and 3 not rotated correctly.
Made terrain config available to all clients.
Fixed daytime settings being always at 01:00 in the morning
And many more minor fixes

## Removed ##

Duplicated and depreciated files and functions.
Removed a motorized search group that started right after the alarm sounded (known as the instant BTR/BMP).

Not only did we added support for more than 15 new terrains and updated the mission with new units from CUP, Global Mobilization and Contact DLC, we also fixed a long list of long standing issues, overhauled the complete base of the mission, making it running much better (with the help of some A3 engine updates) and harden it against some server configuration issues. Overall the mission is now much more diverse, performant and fail-safe. I hope you enjoy this update as much as we did in the last year developing and testing!

At this point I want to take the time to thank a few people for helping me with this project:

A big kudos goes to everybody at the co10 Escape Discord server and all the contributors on Github. The increased amount of feedback, assistance and code contribution between 1.9 and 1.10 was incredible. Seeing so many people getting involved is a huge motivation for me! I want to thank all of you!

I also want to thank my whole squad, namely Aurelia, Steffi, Joshi, Lunatic and Freshman/Commander, for helping me testing (aka breaking the mission and complaining).

And last but not least I want to thank my long-standing buddy Scruffy for playing, porting, "scripting", breaking, complaining and racing.

I do this project for fun, but if anybody wants to say "Thank you", you can spend me and Scruffy a coffee here.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2