Sounds like a drone strike to me.

On 7/20/2019 at 4:26 PM, DPM said:

Sounds like a drone strike to me.

This puzzled me initially, because we'd only played CSAT vs NATO, the NATO drones seemed harmless and we hadn't had any random explosion deaths since sorting out the tank skills. Then last night we played a couple of Tanoa APEX NATO vs CSAT games and got silently nuked on the evac site. Turns out that all three NATO drones in the list are unarmed, but one of the two CSAT drones is not.

Bit too much like random death for me, so I'll probably comment out the armed drone.

I get reports like this from my players sometimes. "No way I could have be brassed up by an unseen enemy. MUST be a bug."

23 hours ago, jaj22 said:

This puzzled me initially, because we'd only played CSAT vs NATO, the NATO drones seemed harmless and we hadn't had any random explosion deaths since sorting out the tank skills. Then last night we played a couple of Tanoa APEX NATO vs CSAT games and got silently nuked on the evac site. Turns out that all three NATO drones in the list are unarmed, but one of the two CSAT drones is not.

Bit too much like random death for me, so I'll probably comment out the armed drone.

Anytime we get silently killed it's because we didn't see the drone. The UCAV Sentinel (B_UAV_05_F) has GBUs, though I've never seen it use them, but you'd know if it did and the Greyhawk (B_UAV_02_dynamicLoadout_F) NATO drone is armed with ATGMs when placed in the editor and we've definitely been nuked by it when in vehicles, especially boats.

well shoot. ive been playing escape for years and now im just learning about this!. I'll definitely have to comment out some stuff too. i feel the drone is too OP now. 

Hey, i just want to ask you something. Is there any chance to be on airports emty planes or something like that just random spawns it will spawn rarely it could be interesting. What do you thing About it ? :) 

3 hours ago, striker1788 said:

Hey, i just want to ask you something. Is there any chance to be on airports emty planes or something like that just random spawns it will spawn rarely it could be interesting. What do you thing About it ? :) 

It's quite easy to add static vehicles to a specific map, if you know how to get files in and out of a pbo. I used "PBO Manager 1.4". Extract the mission.sqm from your favourite Escape pbo, open it in the Arma editor, add whatever vehicles you like and set their "presence" value as required (it's the percentage chance to spawn). Put the mission.sqm back in the pbo and it should work. This is how the boats are placed on the maps.

I added some helicopter spawns to Malden because we had a player who really likes flying them. It's suicide, of course 😛

6 hours ago, jaj22 said:

It's quite easy to add static vehicles to a specific map, if you know how to get files in and out of a pbo. I used "PBO Manager 1.4". Extract the mission.sqm from your favourite Escape pbo, open it in the Arma editor, add whatever vehicles you like and set their "presence" value as required (it's the percentage chance to spawn). Put the mission.sqm back in the pbo and it should work. This is how the boats are placed on the maps.

I added some helicopter spawns to Malden because we had a player who really likes flying them. It's suicide, of course 😛

Oh okey i will try because in arma 3 modding and things like that iam total newbie. If you have any tutorial i will be happy and thank you very much

Bug report v1.9

File:  Units\UnitClasses.sqf

Line: 475

Var name should be a3e_arr_ComCenDefence_lightArmorClasses

not

a3e_arr_ComCenDefence_heavyArmorClasses

This is the var for the next DLC if then statement

so getting undefined var error and no marshalls spawning etc

a3e_arr_ComCenDefence_heavyArmorClasses = [
    "B_MRAP_01_gmg_F"
    ,"B_MRAP_01_hmg_F"
    ,"B_APC_Wheeled_01_cannon_F"
    ,"B_APC_Tracked_01_AA_F"];
    if(Param_UseDLCTanks==1) then {
        a3e_arr_ComCenDefence_lightArmorClasses pushback "B_AFV_Wheeled_01_cannon_F";
    };

On 7/27/2019 at 2:12 PM, striker1788 said:

Hey, i just want to ask you something. Is there any chance to be on airports emty planes or something like that just random spawns it will spawn rarely it could be interesting. What do you thing About it ? 🙂

I one time played a modded version of Escape that had civilian airplanes that spawned at airports. It actually added a lot to the gameplay. Some maps really do need it because either map size or because sometimes boats dont spawn on islands that have no bridge.

Also it's one hell of a thrill ride to fly around with all those AA troops out there and to also land on at an airport that might have troops on it.

Hey guys, could you give me a tip how to change fractions? I have ported this mission into new Livonia map. However units are default NATO vs CSAT. I would to make mission LDF VS Spetznaz or something. I know there is a file called unitClasses.sqf but have no idea how to change it. Is it generated by some tool or manualy created... 😭 ?

EDIT: Since LDF is independent is it possible to work it out? Or this mission is limited to fight betweend BLUFOR and OPFOR?

Cheers,

Ariel

4 hours ago, flakerumia said:

Hey guys, could you give me a tip how to change fractions? I have ported this mission into new Livonia map. However units are default NATO vs CSAT. I would to make mission LDF VS Spetznaz or something. I know there is a file called unitClasses.sqf but have no idea how to change it. Is it generated by some tool or manualy created... 😭 ?

EDIT: Since LDF is independent is it possible to work it out? Or this mission is limited to fight betweend BLUFOR and OPFOR?

It's really a three-faction game, blufor vs (opfor + ind). You can use any faction as any of those three though. You can see how they're set up at the start of UnitClasses.sqf.

UnitClasses.sqf is manually created. You can find the unit class names by mousing over them in the editor. The older ones are also at https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_CfgVehicles_WEST but I don't think they added the new units from the Contact DLC yet.

@Neo, @Scruffy:

I have two questions:

1st) Can you please check the URL to the development builds which you have provided in your starting post?

https://gitlab.anzp.de/escape/co10_Escape/-/jobs/artifacts/develop/download?job=development

Whenever I click on that, I get the following error:

Secure Connection Failed

An error occurred during a connection to gitlab.anzp.de. SSL received a record that exceeded the maximum permissible length. Error code: SSL_ERROR_RX_RECORD_TOO_LONG

Do you still happen to have the FTP server as an alternative?

2nd) I often play Tanoa.RHS.US.vs.RU and the time of day setting does not work, e.g., the "daytime" setting deploys me in the middle of the night etc. Is there a solution or workaround for that?

Best regards,

a big fan

@bionicman303

I believe the github link is used for current development. Not sure what's up with gitlab.

The daytime problem is a known bug in 1.9. You can either use a newer version or pick a specific time (eg. 12:00) as a workaround.

We moved away from Gitlab due technical reasons. The main repository is the one on Github (with added benefit of a lot of people already having an account there).

The FTP is not accessible for now but I didn't got around to update the first page (also everytime I update it, the thread gets temporarily blocked, which is a bit annoying).

I am planning on a new alternative Soon™. I got a day off tomorrow. Maybe I get something of this done.

Are there any plans for officially ported versions on Livonia and Weferlingen? I tried modding one from a different island to Livonia myself, and the rubber-banding makes it unplayable.

Just now, zapperguy said:

Are there any plans for officially ported versions on Livonia and Weferlingen? I tried modding one from a different island to Livonia myself, and the rubber-banding makes it unplayable.

One guy posted a port in our Discord and I will see that I can include it in the next update, but no promises.

• Thanks 1

On 8/11/2019 at 4:58 PM, NeoArmageddon said:

We moved away from Gitlab due technical reasons. The main repository is the one on Github (with added benefit of a lot of people already having an account there).

The FTP is not accessible for now but I didn't got around to update the first page (also everytime I update it, the thread gets temporarily blocked, which is a bit annoying).

I am planning on a new alternative Soon™. I got a day off tomorrow. Maybe I get something of this done.

Indeed, understandable! Thanks for looking into the other options!

One mission-related question though, since the new RHS 0.4.9 update is out since yesterday, are the Escape missions designed to randomly choose from the entire, say, Russian motorpool, including the newly added T-90AM, T-90SM and T-90SA or are vehicles entirely hard-coded into the mission file?

@jaj22: thanks for your response, too!

1 hour ago, bionicman303 said:

One mission-related question though, since the new RHS 0.4.9 update is out since yesterday, are the Escape missions designed to randomly choose from the entire, say, Russian motorpool, including the newly added T-90AM, T-90SM and T-90SA or are vehicles entirely hard-coded into the mission file?

They're hardcoded into UnitClasses.sqf for that faction setup, so any new unit classes won't be used until that file is updated.

I would strongly recommend that if you add heavily armored vehicles to the military traffic arrays, you add additional lightly-armored vehicles to maintain the balance. Duplicate entries if necessary.

fun promo video ESCAPE Hard Edition

Thank you for mission!

• Like 1

heads-up: the latest version of RHS 0.4.9 introduced a visibility bug with the BMP3 (early) [ rhs_bmp3_msv ] which is also affecting the RHS-based Escape missions. The problem is that this BMP appears invisible most of the time and is only visible if it is nearby. Fighting with an invisible BMP is no fun ;)

The issue will however be resolved in RHS 0.5.0 according to the RHS bug tracker: http://feedback.rhsmods.org/view.php?id=5231

As a temporary fix for those who want to modify their PBO one could replace the affected class by a comparable BMP variant in the UnitClasses.sqf. For example  "rhs_bmp3_msv" -> "rhs_bmp3m_msv"

• Thanks 1

I'm currently preparing a Livonia version of co10 Escape. Just finished the placement of commcenter markers and village markers (will sent to Neo and Scruffy once done). I have 5 questions which came up during testing. Maybe some of you know more about that:

1st) I drove around the map like crazy but barely encountered patrols along the roads. In other Escape missions road patrols (infantry) are very common though. Did I break something and do you know that phenomenon from other porting attempts?

EDIT: seems to work now ...

2nd) I currently have ~ 150 village markers and I tried to add markers to sites with at least >= 2 buildings. However, on e.g. Chernarus there are much fewer village markers and these are not consistently placed: sometimes there is a marker on a 2-3 buildings settlement and sometimes not. Military objects such as Green Mountain does not even have a village marker. Did I miss something?

3rd) Does the number of village markers affect performance?

EDIT: according to what I was told in the Discord, the number does not affect the performance per se but if you are approaching too many markers at once, this will of course trigger the patrol spawns and this has an impact on performance ...

4th) Does the size of the village marker affect the number of patrols spawned in that area (larger area = more patrol spawns)?

EDIT: according to what I was told in the Discord, larger village markers spawn more patrols and that this relationship is somehow proportional. So if you have, say, a 200x200 village marker, it might be better to split it into four 50x50 markers to reduce the number of patrols spawned at once.

5th) In the south of Livonia free and flat space is quite rare but sometimes there are military bases with a sufficiently large area to fit a comm center in. Is the placement of comm centers within mil. bases discouraged due to path finding issues?

EDIT: the new cargo platforms would be neat to use but I assume that the commcenter compositions are static and don't allow for an optional cargo platform

Hello are enthusiastic escape players on private server. Can anyone give me an escape on: LEVONIA, Welferlingen ... and all NEW cards "Winter". Thank you if someone can realize that. thunder mountain Love working coop