Hi everyone!  I have a question, I decided to launch the mission "co10escape v 1.9" on a dedicated server. The problem arises - that in the mission there are no patrols and arsenals are not protected by anyone. There are errors in the logs, but I do not know how to fix them.  If I launch the mission through the game itself, then there are no problems. Tell me, how can I fix this problem when launching a mission on a dedicated server?

while {!(isNull _unit)} do {
_enemyUnit = _unit findNear>
13:02:43   Error position: <_unit)} do {
13:02:43   Error Undefined variable in expression: _unit
13:02:43 File functions\Server\fn_initServer.sqf [A3E_fnc_initServer], line 328
13:02:43 Error in expression < _minSpawnDistance));
_spawnX = (getPos _referenceUnit select 0) + ((sin _direct>
13:02:43   Error position: <_referenceUnit select 0) + ((sin _direct>
13:02:43   Error Undefined variable in expression: _referenceunit
13:02:43 File functions\Common\fn_RandomSpawnPos.sqf [A3E_fnc_RandomSpawnPos], line 14
13:02:43 Error in expression < count _possibleInfantryTypes);

_group createUnit [_infantryType, _spawnPos, []>
13:02:43   Error position: <createUnit [_infantryType, _spawnPos, []>
13:02:43   Error Type Number,Not a Number, expected Number
13:02:43 File functions\DRN\fn_AmbientInfantry.sqf [drn_fnc_AmbientInfantry], line 129

54 minutes ago, Cheome526 said:

Hi everyone!  I have a question, I decided to launch the mission "co10escape v 1.9" on a dedicated server. The problem arises - that in the mission there are no patrols and arsenals are not protected by anyone. There are errors in the logs, but I do not know how to fix them.  If I launch the mission through the game itself, then there are no problems. Tell me, how can I fix this problem when launching a mission on a dedicated server?

while {!(isNull _unit)} do {
13:02:43   Error position: <_unit)} do {
13:02:43   Error Undefined variable in expression: _unit
13:02:43 File functions\Server\fn_initServer.sqf [A3E_fnc_initServer], line 328
13:02:43 Error in expression < _minSpawnDistance));
_spawnX = (getPos _referenceUnit select 0) + ((sin _direct>
13:02:43   Error position: <_referenceUnit select 0) + ((sin _direct>
13:02:43   Error Undefined variable in expression: _referenceunit
13:02:43 File functions\Common\fn_RandomSpawnPos.sqf [A3E_fnc_RandomSpawnPos], line 14

_group createUnit [_infantryType, _spawnPos, []>
13:02:43   Error position: <createUnit [_infantryType, _spawnPos, []>
13:02:43   Error Type Number,Not a Number, expected Number
13:02:43 File functions\DRN\fn_AmbientInfantry.sqf [drn_fnc_AmbientInfantry], line 129

make sure auto init inside your dedi server is disabled thats the main cause for no ai spawning

PatPgtips,  you mean starting the server without the "-autoinit" parameter ??  if so then in this case the mission is not initialized...

PatPgtips .I do not know why, but when I remove this parameter, the mission does not start....

not sure but autoinit wont work for ai you need to make sure that your server mission is beeing called from server.cfg or config.cfg  

you are not with NITRADO as your host they have an issue at the minute with all there servers since 25 to 30 days agao 

On 4/5/2019 at 2:34 PM, Tankbuster said:

How are the AI at moving around and inside these things, mate? 

easy and relaxed

Excellent. Can I have permission to use them in a different mission?

5 hours ago, Cheome526 said:

Hey @Cheome526,

could you post your servers startup line (arma3server.exe -something ...) and your servers config file?

Hello. NeoArmageddon.  when I remove the parameter "autounit", the mission is not recognized .  

arma3server.exe -high -enableHT -noPause -nosplash -loadMissionToMemory -config=sc\config.cfg -port=2302 -cfg=sc\basic.cfg -profiles=sc -name=sc -name=Escape

config.cfg

hostname                            = "Test";
password                             = "";
passwordAdmin                          = "";
serverCommandPassword                = "";
logFile                                = "server.log";
verifySignatures                       = 1; // Do NOT use verifySignatures=2! It costs too many FPS
BattlEye                            = 1;
requiredBuild                         = 143869; // 1.80 stable
allowedLoadFileExtensions[]         = {:};
allowedPreprocessFileExtensions[]     = {"sqf"};
allowedHTMLLoadExtensions[]         = {"html"};
motdInterval                         = 5;
maxPlayers                             = 10;
voteMissionPlayers                     = 200;
voteThreshold                         = 200;
allowedVoteCmds[]                     = {};
allowedVotedAdminCmds[]                = {};
disableVoN                            = 0;
vonCodecQuality                     = 30;
persistent                            = 1;
kickDuplicate                         = 1;
equalModRequired                     = 0;
kickClientsOnSlowNetwork            = 0;
timeStampFormat                     = "short";
onUserConnected                     = "";
onUserDisconnected                     = "";
doubleIdDetected                     = "";
onUnsignedData                         = "kick (_this select 0)";
onHackedData                         = "kick (_this select 0)";
onDifferentData                     = "kick (_this select 0)";
motd[]                                 = {""};

class Missions
{
    class Escape
    {
        template = co10_Escape_BIS_NATO_vs_CSAT.Altis;

};
};

Okay, there are several settings that don't make sense. You tried to start the mission as "persistent = 1". That means the mission is run even without players which does not make sense in terms of a COOP mission. That is also the reason the mission is not shown after autoinit is removed. Change persistent to 0 and remove the autoinit from startup.

1 minute ago, Chrome526 said:

NeoArmageddon, I did everything, but the mission cannot be read

Without any log information from your server or the console, your statement is very cryptic and I can't do anything.

It seems you are using an Addon version of Escape (from the Workshop). You should probably also remove loadMissionToMemory from startup.

That is not the logfile from when you tried to load the mission. It is empty except server startup.

1 minute ago, Chrome526 said:

To load the mission it was necessary to return back "-autoinit and persistent = 1". I send you a file "rpt " where errors are indicated when loading a mission. https://drive.google.com/open?id=1iDgP15y4IAiDZ7fqvv1KscpM70V8SSFe

You simply can't run this mission with these settings on, it just doesn't make sense to run a non persistent mission in persistent mode and without any players. Your problem is elsewhere and likely in your server configuration. From all of your parameters and configs it looks like you are not running your server "out-of-the-box" but with many modifications and tweaks. Please checkout the official Arma3 dedicated server tutorial and run your server in the most simplest configuration. That means: No mission rotation, no autoinit, no missiontomemory loading. Start the server to the mission selection, log in as admin, choose the Escape mission from the dropdown, choose a slot and start.

OK, thanks for answer. I will continue to try to solve the problem ...

Hi!

Thank you for this great mod! Me and two friends managed to escape (Tanoa) for the first time a couple of days ago (after maaany attempts (I dare not say how many :P), and it was very satisfying!

I'm having problems with Escape 1.9 on maps Takistan and Isla Duala (I have tried several other including Tanoa, Chernarus, Lingor, etc and they all work fine).

The error I get is

"Warning Message: You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.
cup_misc3_config"

But other maps that requires CUP Terrains Core work! (For example Chernarus and Lingor).

I run my own Linux server with CUP Terrains Core and Maps 1.12. I've tried to re-download / repair the CUP files (on the client) and upload them to server (both tried Workshop version and manually downloaded it from CUP homepage. So I don't think the files are corrupt. 

Also I can manually create a mission for Isla Duala and start it. But escape doesn't work.

And I've also tried to only load CUP Terrains core and Isla Duala, no other mods. No upper case in file/directory names.

Any ideas folks?

isla duala requires another mod to be added to your mod list server and client side 

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=714149065

takistan should work fine as its part of CUP 

if you have the server playing isla duala first then the server will fail to load if the mod is not added

mods we have on our server 

@CBA_A3;

@CUP_Terrains_Core;

@CUP_Terrains_Maps;

@CUP_Units;

@CUP_Vehicles;

@CUP_Weapons;

@Isla Duala 3.9;

hope this helps

43 minutes ago, PatPgtips said:

isla duala requires another mod to be added to your mod list server and client side 

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=714149065

takistan should work fine as its part of CUP 

if you have the server playing isla duala first then the server will fail to load if the mod is not added

mods we have on our server 

@CBA_A3;

@CUP_Terrains_Core;

@CUP_Terrains_Maps;

@CUP_Units;

@CUP_Vehicles;

@CUP_Weapons;

@Isla Duala 3.9;

hope this helps

Thanks! But I've already installed the map/mod part of Isla Duala both client and server wise.

I've not installed: 

@CUP_Units;

@CUP_Vehicles;

@CUP_Weapons;

But that should not be required if I don't try to play any CUP escape mission.

Furthermore I've also installed the Lingor, Isla Abramia and Island Panthera mods (not just the escape missions) from IceBreakr, and they work fine.

4 hours ago, vredg said:

I'm having problems with Escape 1.9 on maps Takistan and Isla Duala (I have tried several other including Tanoa, Chernarus, Lingor, etc and they all work fine).

The error I get is

"Warning Message: You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.
cup_misc3_config"

Heyho,

Cup_misc3_config is definitly a problem with CUP Core and not with the mission itself. Fortunatly for you, I am both, developer of Escape and CUP Terrains, so I might help you nevertheless.

The mission only depends on the terrain addon you want to play on and this is most likely cascading down to cup_misc3. What I am wondering is, that misc3 is are objects from Chernarus. For Takistan and Duala you need Misc_e, which seems to load fine. Albeit misc_e depends in misc3. But that does not explain why Chernarus works fine (it should throw an error aswell if the addon is really missing).

Can you post your servers rpt of that time you tried to start Escape?

I suspect something is not working with your servers linux environment (it behaves quite different in comparison to windows based hosts).

34 minutes ago, NeoArmageddon said:

Heyho,

Cup_misc3_config is definitly a problem with CUP Core and not with the mission itself. Fortunatly for you, I am both, developer of Escape and CUP Terrains, so I might help you nevertheless.

The mission only depends on the terrain addon you want to play on and this is most likely cascading down to cup_misc3. What I am wondering is, that misc3 is are objects from Chernarus. For Takistan and Duala you need Misc_e, which seems to load fine. Albeit misc_e depends in misc3. But that does not explain why Chernarus works fine (it should throw an error aswell if the addon is really missing).

Can you post your servers rpt of that time you tried to start Escape?

I suspect something is not working with your servers linux environment (it behaves quite different in comparison to windows based hosts).

Ohh, Thank you!

Here's the server's rpt from when I tried to start Escape 1.9 Takistan.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1aO1pMG-uZITTkQLqPm2Ry6bVn1y0z0E4/view?usp=sharing

Mission seems to load anyway after that error, or atleast the crash(?) is delayed. Can you try to start your server without Fallujah please and test again?