Yo Neo. Found a potential bug with the mission(s) after the latest update. 

Everything was going just fine until the end, when you signal the choppers. Once I threw the smoke a thing in chat popped up saying "Init Helicopters"

and then kept spamming "Approaching" "Landing"  "Waiting" and "Extracting" , as you can see via these two screenshots I grabbed.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1384593286

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1384593333

Not sure if its intentional or not, but it can get rather annoying. In addition, I didn't notice any difference between ending without civilian casualties, vs ending with.

• Thanks 1

Heyho, you are hosting locally, don't you? It was a debugging message for the new choppers I forgot to take out. On a dedicated server you shouldn't be able to see it but I will prepare a hotfix with it removed.

Thanks for reporting and I really appreciate that you registred here just to tell me :D

today, we almost escape :glare:  Our first end at 1.8.1 ver. before we play 1.7.5.  We sat down in the helicopter and flew. We thought that it was all over, but something hit and damage helicopter.  I took the parachute and jumped out.  I and my friends landed normally, thought that now we will go look for a new terminal, as before in1.7.5. but mission ends as failure.  

another case - we rush on car  into the central airfield, there was a enemy Hellcat on the ground. We killed the pilots and took off and flew. One of our friends stayed in the car on the ground. After 2 minutes our helicopter was shot down from a stationary .50 machine gun. When helli fallen to the ground  mission ends as failure. So it is necessary? 

8 hours ago, NeoArmageddon said:

Heyho, you are hosting locally, don't you? It was a debugging message for the new choppers I forgot to take out. On a dedicated server you shouldn't be able to see it but I will prepare a hotfix with it removed.

Thanks for reporting and I really appreciate that you registred here just to tell me :D

Yeah I hosted it locally. Forgot that your mission was meant for dedicated servers. Still, I appreciate the effort to fix it.

Keep being awesome, Neo.

• Like 1

a couple of trailers in gratitude for the mission)

Is this a bug?

When we spawn  on i.e. a small island, the bots just keep spawning in, in areas that were cleared.

Also heavy armor and apc's suddenly appear, even though no enemies were seen travelling to the island.

Still enjoying this unforgivably hard mission weekly. We're only two players so it can be tough.

4 hours ago, topden said:

a couple of trailers in gratitude for the mission)

Thanks for sharing the videos!

4 hours ago, zeep said:

Is this a bug?

When we spawn  on i.e. a small island, the bots just keep spawning in, in areas that were cleared.

Also heavy armor and apc's suddenly appear, even though no enemies were seen travelling to the island.

Still enjoying this unforgivably hard mission weekly. We're only two players so it can be tough.

That behaviour is not a bug but just attributed to how Escape spawns enemies. On large islands and large terrains Escape makes a really good job at hiding how the spawn works and the AI scripts make the enemies movements believable and athmospharic. Small islands are the weakpoints ans there is no real simulation of enemies logistics and long range troop movement. All of the spawning happens "around" the players to keep them under pressure. So on a small island it seems like the enemy is coming from nowhere and just appears (in fact they just appear right outside of the players view distance). But still for me this is just a minor inconsistency than a big flaw in the mission.

The changelog from 1.9 states that Zargabad & Ruha were added but i can't find the pbos in the mission files?

5 hours ago, Coul said:

The changelog from 1.9 states that Zargabad & Ruha were added but i can't find the pbos in the mission files?

It was added in the dev logs and only some files. The ports are not complete yet and thus missing from the final release and the 1.9 release log.

• Like 1

Starting off by saying, my group and I really enjoy this mission pack! We've been playing your Missions for almost an entire year every other week. However, since updating our server to 1.9 we've been having an issue and I'm not sure how to fix it. 

I'm hoping you can access Gyazo links:

https://i.gyazo.com/63cf2bdb39358836da472e1135974a00.png

https://i.gyazo.com/4f28251bd03e907bda53a4124092a5a2.jpg

It's some sort of Debug setting for AI or w.e IDK what's going on or how to disable it. I've looked around and was unable to find anything ;-;

It spams server AI actions or something and shows the locations/scripting events of the mission to everyone.

Any help would be highly appreciated!

Be sure to set Debug mode in server params (in the MP lobby) to "Off" and the first setting to "Use below and save". Seems like you turned debugging on someday and saved the settings. You can check the setting also in mission in the briefing under "Settings".

• Like 1

Trying to play the newer escape missions with my bro, but he keeps getting a "Apex DLC Required" pop-up and continues to get kicked back to the lobby. Bug or do I have to pay another 35$ to play with my brother?

12 hours ago, TheSurvivorOfZeds said:

Trying to play the newer escape missions with my bro, but he keeps getting a "Apex DLC Required" pop-up and continues to get kicked back to the lobby. Bug or do I have to pay another 35$ to play with my brother?

Would be helpful to know which version you are trying to play. All Apex reversions require Apex (what a surprise). The other versions don't use Apex except for civilian traffic but there is an option in the params to disable all DLC content. Also you shouldn't be kicken for not owning a DLC. This sounds more like some pbos are missing.

Nevertheless your brother should buy Apex anyway. Tanoa is great for Escape.

3 hours ago, NeoArmageddon said:

Would be helpful to know which version you are trying to play. All Apex reversions require Apex (what a surprise). The other versions don't use Apex except for civilian traffic but there is an option in the params to disable all DLC content. Also you shouldn't be kicken for not owning a DLC. This sounds more like some pbos are missing.

Nevertheless your brother should buy Apex anyway. Tanoa is great for Escape.

I'm using the SteamWS RHS Escape. I know my brother doesn't have it downloaded yet, so maybe that's what it is. (I also set all the DLC units to Disabled or "No"

Trying this now.

Update: It was that. He was missing the SteamWS Mission.

yesterday we tried v.1.9  DLC support, new road block, new supplies point, random prison build and many other  - all is amazing. Thank you very match for great mission.   :slayer:

p.s. after some hundreds escapes from start point - it's very easy.  I thought, maybe start prison need make more hard?  Maybe  add second Perimeter with wire fencing with barbed wire from above as on supplies point?  Some little watch tower  with machine-gunner ? 

So ive trying out the different modsets for Escape , i see there are different Variations of CUP , RHS and vanilla missions there to choose from , but what mods exactly do i need to run the missions that have AT in the name ? 

3 hours ago, determity@googlemail.com said:

So ive trying out the different modsets for Escape , i see there are different Variations of CUP , RHS and vanilla missions there to choose from , but what mods exactly do i need to run the missions that have AT in the name ? 

think caf agressor +rhs http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=24441

4 hours ago, determity@googlemail.com said:

AT is our own internal modset with basically a mixture of CUP, CAF, RHS and some compatibility addons not released. They are packed with the normal missionnwhen dev versions are generated and I am too lazy to filter them from the public folder. Please ignore them, they are not meant to be played (but if you are curious you can checkout the classnames directly in the unitclasses.sqf on git or when unpacking the pbo).

First of all, i love these missions!

However, since i updated to 1.9 we keep having the following problem: I spawn in Prison, and my friend spawns in the air with a parachute...

he's the engineer, and i'm playing as medic

am i missing an option, or why does this happen?

3 minutes ago, Barrett106 said:

First of all, i love these missions!

However, since i updated to 1.9 we keep having the following problem: I spawn in Prison, and my friend spawns in the air with a parachute...

he's the engineer, and i'm playing as medic

am i missing an option, or why does this happen?

hes missing a mod maybe a map thats what happens when you log in without required map you spawn in the air and drop to the ground untill kicked

hey,

I played some new maps this week fallujah and abramia. There didnt seem to be any guards at the prison on start. Played it multiple times and they never spawned. Was play 1.9.

11 hours ago, winter_mute_ said:

I played some new maps this week fallujah and abramia. There didnt seem to be any guards at the prison on start. Played it multiple times and they never spawned. Was play 1.9.

Post your RPT please and make sure you are only loaded what is needed for the mission.