1 hour ago, zeep said:

Hello NeoArmageddon.

A friend and me always play this mission. The 1.8.1 version for Tanoa and Malden.

(Also i'm subbed to https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1093996668 )

Sometime throughout the last year ( i think) the AI feels like it went from Easy to really seriously godlike.

Regardless of what settings i use in mission parameters. Recruit, Easy, it doesn't seem to matter anything. The AI is always x-ray, nightmare sharp, and spawning where i just cleared an area some minutes ago..

Now granted, my friend and myself are no youngsters. But we used to survive at least 25 minutes. Today it's rarely longer than 10 minutes before we're completely overrun and taking fire from everywhere, with very accurate aim. These last 4 / 5 months playing this mission has crippled my belief in myself as a gamer. :) (jk)

We don't have a dedicated server, usually i host the mission, pw the server and my friend connncts. I don't know if the listen server that can be the cause?

I came to this thread some time ago and downloaded 1.8.1, thinking maybe a new version didn't have the hard AI, but it's still very good.

Is there a way i can lower the AI skill through debug perhaps? Or is it a bug that we're experiencing?

There was a change in AI from Bohemia and I believe that Neo changed the code to make it easier at the cadet level. I cant remember which version had the change though. What was happening was I was getting head shot with one shot from 300 meters. I usually only play with one other person, so this was devastating for gameplay. I've played with teams of 8 and this is not an issue with large teams because someone can always save you while the rest of the team can continue fighting. If you go back and look for my comments, you might find where Neo/Scruffy updated it to be easier. However it seems to have returned but will do some testing again for the newest version.

Neo/Scruffy:  I'm really loving the changes you made to the latest version (1.9.x RC) 4/5/18. The new prisons are fantastic and dont suffer from what the tin shack was doing before. Also adding the "somewhere in XXXX" after you escape the prison area is nice polish and feels better. It used to lag for me when the game starts and all the AI is spawning and fighting, now it doesnt. Thank you for those changes and hard work you guys do.  Now I am not certain, but I might be seeing the problems zeep is seeing. First it seems people are head shotting, or should i say face shotting since im wearing a helmet, in just one or two bullets from the AI at the cadet level. It seems to be happening very frequently. And I am not certain this is related to that, but last night, I was about 250 meters aiming at the static gunner on the com-center big tower undetected. As soon as i shot with my silenced weapon, and before the bullet landed near him, he did a near 90 degree turn then fired and killed me. That is some super spidey sense right there. I can see that happening at a higher difficulty but at cadet and with a silenced weapon? Give me a break! 

One other thing like zeep said above, there seems to be some crazy spawning going on. I was playing Lythium out in the middle of nowhere in the mountains. all difficulties for patrols set to cadet, low, small etc. And there were about 5 different patrols that attacked in that area within about 3 minutes. While it keeps me on my toes, it does seem to be different behavior from what 1.8.x was doing. Usually at the most i might encounter 2 groups, but 5 seemed excessive.

Anyway, thanks again for those updates!

• Like 1

Hi deadum, glad to know i'm not the only one experiencing this. It's exactly like you say. :)

Indeed Neo, thanks for keeping these incredible fun missions going!

One other comment about the new 1.9.x version. Playing as RU, i noticed when I called a contact (contact 300 Meters, 015), I could hear myself speak, however I got no text message (bottom left) that displays and translates contact info. It does display the messages for my teammate. Any idea how to fix this?

13 hours ago, zeep said:

Hi deadum, glad to know i'm not the only one experiencing this. It's exactly like you say. :)

Indeed Neo, thanks for keeping these incredible fun missions going!

I fixed some possible spawning and seach leader problems. I assume it is just that the AI responds a little bit better to detecting the players and sending reinforcement. Patrol density also is highly correlated to the terrain.

10 hours ago, daedum said:

One other comment about the new 1.9.x version. Playing as RU, i noticed when I called a contact (contact 300 Meters, 015), I could hear myself speak, however I got no text message (bottom left) that displays and translates contact info. It does display the messages for my teammate. Any idea how to fix this?

This one is simple: Take a radio from the enemies :P

I changed the start so you have nothing except your uniform. You need to take radio and watch from the enemy (I were just thinking: Why should they leave you the radio, when they capture you).

I might tweak the difficulty a bit. Having the statistic collection since some build in 1.9 I have a pretty good overview of how hard the mission is right now and the most sessions are under 200 seconds.

hi guys, i have a bit of a weird issue...

I'm reconfiguring the escape for the new faces of war mod, so far things have gone well.... I have the normal one working with the Germans (blufor) escaping from the allies (us and UK, both are indfor)

but I'm having trouble getting the reverse to work. Uk (indfor) escaping from Germany and Japan (both are blufor) in the units file I have the Germans set as the main units and the ind units are Japanese.

what do I need to do to make it work? 

EDIT:
I may have cracked it, I made one of the units opfor then grouped all the others to it, now I can select them as opfor units I then changed the lines to this in the setting...
A3E_VAR_Side_Blufor = East;
A3E_VAR_Side_Opfor = West;
A3E_VAR_Side_Ind = resistance;

I still have to run through with this to confirm, but, is there anything else I need to sort change or fix?

There might be problem with relabeling units side in the editor. If you run into problems like AI not shooting you, not getting kill(point) or can't entering vehicles with squadmembers, you can try this aswell:

A3E_VAR_Side_Blufor = resistance;
A3E_VAR_Side_Opfor = west;
A3E_VAR_Side_Ind = west;

thanks, heaps Neo,

what effect will this have on war-torn mode?

with both opfor and ind set as west will wartorn even work?

Awesome, thank you. and thanks for an epic mission!

one more question, when wartorn is on will they fight each other properly? just need to make sure :)

Promised to write this up. This is kind of mixed, sorry about that, English not my first language and inexperienced Arma "operator"... aaanyways:

I had weird issues with the 1.8.1 version of Escape.

Spawning in, everyone was sent "to the ocean" with all their gear. Even with using dedicated server and correct settings and startup parameters ans mods... in to the sea I went.

I started a dedicated server, without any missions in the cycle, no "init" parameters set. Connect to server and #login as admin and then using #missions to load the mission up. -> in to the sea I went.

We (i joined Escape developer's discord) tried almost everything, even with no mods and vanilla mission, and I think one of the reasons behind was, that I had tested this mission as "host".

That is: I had tested Escape by hosting the mission on my game client. And that had saved something in my "arma profile" directories. 

I cleared everything out from the arma profile directories relating to "co10 escape" - and also made sure not to use "IFA3 LEN" as it seemed to cause issues aswell. In the end I clearred all my "MP saves".

Afterwards, I thought that it might be possible for Arma 3 server to "load" the missions using the admins saves? Is this a possibility?
 don't know.
After deleting the escape saves, I cleared all "MP saves" from the profile directory, and the "#missions" screen showed less options (I mean less available missions - maybe the saves I deleted were missions??).
I dunno what the heck was the server dfoing, how can it see and load my saves from my profile, even if the server is running a different user profile.

Just a heads up, if you test these missions on local game, hosting the mission on your own client, it might cause issues if you play the game later on dedi-servers and yourself being the admin who loads the mission.

TL;DR; 
I'm not sure what the real reason was, but after I cleared the "Multiplayer saves" from my profile directory and used proper mods to run the missions accordingly, everything seemed to work properly.

I also want to thanks for an epic mission!

some our escapes

On 4/15/2018 at 12:20 AM, [40-1] Shadow said:

i would love to see this ported to Chernarus Redeux  https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1128256978

but it may require some tweaking with the random traffic as most of the roads are littered with static objects

yeah thats a tough one. I made a version for Taviana which has  alot of objects int he road and cars will drive super fast straight into the object and blow up. it can get crazy.

Do you plan to make a limit on players' respawn? In the mission menu, set for example a certain value. 20 lives for all players or 20 lives for each or something like that

On 23.04.2018 at 8:37 PM, NeoArmageddon said:

Do you mean revive or really respawn?

it is possible revive and respawn )  or what you will be able to make) dynamic quantity in the menu of a mission at choice to players. , for example  20,40,60,80,unlimited.
Its very hardcore when u have limit of revive\respawn)

5 hours ago, topden said:

it is possible revive and respawn )  or what you will be able to make) dynamic quantity in the menu of a mission at choice to players. , for example  20,40,60,80,unlimited.
Its very hardcore when u have limit of revive\respawn)

I think it is quite challenging even with not limited revives. Adding a limit poses some gameplay problems I don't really like, especially players being unable to continue to play and forced to spectator, while the rest can keep playing. Also thiswould encourage reconnecting to cheat the system. I don't like limited revives, but I will keep it in mind as additional feature for the future.

Excuse me for being a complete noob. 

But how do I get the Escape Panthera mission going on a dedicated server? 

Last night I was able to host the Escape Tanoa, by putting co10_Escape_Vanilla_Apex.Tanoa.pbo (from your FTP) into the 'mpmissions' folder, and seem to work fine.

But I can not get Escape Panthera to work, I have the CUP Terrains and Maps mods activated on the client, but it does not load the lobby or map. (I even tried the 1.8.1-version files off Armaholic)

Can someone please, pretty please,  tell me how to set up the Arma 3 Dedicated (with TADST) to run the Escape Panthera mission? :)

Like where to put files, what mods should be loaded in dedicated server and client and such.

You need Icebreakr's Panthera map (see the installation instruction for Panthera). It is not included in CUP Terrains. The rest is like you already did with the Tanoa version.

On 4/28/2018 at 11:49 AM, ChRiZze said:

Can someone please, pretty please,  tell me how to set up the Arma 3 Dedicated (with TADST) to run the Escape Panthera mission? :)

Like where to put files, what mods should be loaded in dedicated server and client and such.

If you're running the server from another machine makesure the mods you want to use are in the Arma 3 root folder in their own  @mod_name folders, For vanilla Panthera you'll need @CBA_A3,@CUP Terrains - Core,@Island Panthera 3.9. Place the mission.pbo in the mpmissions folder. Fill in the TADST UI with all the needed information server name, password, server file path, server rules, difficulty settings, check mark the mission tab and the mod tabs you want and save the TADST profile. Assuming you've got your ports forwarded and your firewall exceptions correct just hit the launch button and you're good to go. Ensure you have the same mods active in your client launcher and search for the server to join. (might be in LAN tab) Don't check the auto init box and if you want to run a custom difficulty setting you'll have to change it in the 'TADST_config.cfg' file which is in the TADST folder and the 'mission_name.Arma3Profile' file inside TADST\mission_name\Users\mission_name and launch TADST with the "launch as is" box checked

If you're running it from the same desktop as your client, just makesure the mods you want are in the @mod_name folders in your Arma 3 root folder (Worshop mods are ok for the client but for the server to work they have to also be placed in properly named @mod_name folders in Arma 3's root folder) and the rest is the same, connect through the LAN tab when joining and your friends search for it as normal in the internet server browser list, or give them you IP to direct connect.

On 2018-04-28 at 8:17 PM, NeoArmageddon said:

You need Icebreakr's Panthera map (see the installation instruction for Panthera). It is not included in CUP Terrains. The rest is like you already did with the Tanoa version.

I tried doing just that. But lobby won't load up at all. Can't start the mission.
I downloaded Icebreakr's map and put the files in the Arma 3 root (client). My server runs on the same machine, but from a different folder. Using TADST, I selected the downloaded 'co10_Escape.Panthera3.pbo' from the mpmissions folder. Selected my arma3server_x64.exe, selected HT and all my DLC's, and set the server rules to accept file patch and BE. 

I then launched the Arma 3 Launcher, and started Arma with Panthera Island mod selected only (also tried with all CUP mods), but can't load lobby at all. It only shows me the Virtual Reality screen.
I need some help finding out what I am doing wrong, so if anyone of you know how to start up Escape Panthera on a Windows 10 machine, it would be greatly appreciated! :)

Here is a Pastebin of my latest attempt (server RPT): https://pastebin.com/duvfBJsd

3 hours ago, DPM said:

If you're running the server from another machine makesure the mods you want to use are in the Arma 3 root folder in their own  @mod_name folders, For vanilla Panthera you'll need @CBA_A3,@CUP Terrains - Core,@Island Panthera 3.9. Place the mission.pbo in the mpmissions folder. Fill in the TADST UI with all the needed information server name, password, server file path, server rules, difficulty settings, check mark the mission tab and the mod tabs you want and save the TADST profile. Assuming you've got your ports forwarded and your firewall exceptions correct just hit the launch button and you're good to go. Ensure you have the same mods active in your client launcher and search for the server to join. (might be in LAN tab) Don't check the auto init box and if you want to run a custom difficulty setting you'll have to change it in the 'TADST_config.cfg' file which is in the TADST folder and the 'mission_name.Arma3Profile' file inside TADST\mission_name\Users\mission_name and launch TADST with the "launch as is" box checked

If you're running it from the same desktop as your client, just makesure the mods you want are in the @mod_name folders in your Arma 3 root folder (Worshop mods are ok for the client but for the server to work they have to also be placed in properly named @mod_name folders in Arma 3's root folder) and the rest is the same, connect through the LAN tab when joining and your friends search for it as normal in the internet server browser list, or give them you IP to direct connect.

I have those mods, but I downloaded them through Steam Workshop, so they are'nt sitting in Arma root folder, but inside the !Workshop folder. I also subscribed to the Panthera Island (3.9) from Steam Workshop, in order to have all my mods sorted into the same folder. 

My problem is that I don't get the lobby and can't start the mission.

Are there any alternate ways of doing this? :)

The pastebin file shows it's not launching with the right mods. I don't know how you've set it up but the server mods must be @ folders in the root folder the server is getting called from which is this one I presume D:\Games\Arma 3 Server\arma3server_x64.exe

The best way to do it if you haven't already is follow the BI instructions on how to setup a deicated server https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_Dedicated_Server and when that's done add TADST to it's root folder along with the mods you'll need in their @ folders and add the mission.pbo to the mpmissions folder (It might need separated into it's own pbo). Fill in the TADST details including the mission and the mods, save the profile and launch.

Another way is to add 3 new folders to your normal Arma 3 root folder called @CBA_A3,@CUP Terrains - Core,@Island Panthera 3.9. Then go into your workshop folder and locate the same 3 mods and copy paste their folder contents into their properly named @ folders you just made. (You could also get them from Armaholic and Icebreakers website, but transferring from workshop will mean you don't have to download them again and CUP core will take awhile from Armaholic) Put the escape Panthera pbo into the mpmissions folder (You'll have to take it out of the co10_escape_bis_nato_vs_csat.pbo and place it in it's own pbo folder first and you'll need pbo manager for that). Launch the Arma launcher and select your mods. Then open TADST and set it up as I explained before rules/difficulty/mods/mission etc. Save the profile and launch the server. Wait until you see it's created the server then press play on the Arma launcher. In the LAN tab in the server browser you should see your server (There might be 3 instances of it) you should be able to enter it and play. I tested this method myself and it worked, though I don't know why it shows 3 instances.

Creating the dedicated is the better option though there's more hoops to jump through. Both options will be a pain if you're very new to this.

• Like 1

Excellent mission, our best efforts on Alits ended with us finally finding the comms and moving to the extraction, only too be foiled by 5 tanks, A-10 and a Kobra (RHS vs US).

It was  like the game said well done for getting this far but Nope.