3 hours ago, anfo said:

Player slots can be filled but when Continue is chosen to start, Arma 3 will crash to the desktop. Once before it crashed my player falls into open sea.

Heyho. That sounds like you are hosting the mission in your client. As the download page states, client hosting is not supported. You can start a dedicated server on your computer in the background with "-server" commandline.

The falling in the sea is the result of some player not having the australia terrain or having a different/corrupted version. This is not a problem with the mission itself.

Always looking forward to new releases and new variants of this mission. Been checking out newer dev builds and on the odd occasion players seem to spawn outside of the new shed type prison on Lythium.

7 minutes ago, MATR1X said:

Always looking forward to new releases and new variants of this mission. Been checking out newer dev builds and on the odd occasion players seem to spawn outside of the new shed type prison on Lythium.

That's not only on Lythium, but on more maps. But that's a template problem I think. Scruffy also mentioned it, in his previous post.

30 minutes ago, NeoArmageddon said:

Heyho. That sounds like you are hosting the mission in your client.

No sorry, definitely on a dedicated game server we rent. My clan were messing around for an hour and a half trying to get it working on the same dedicated machine. However...benefit of the doubt I will download again just in case ;)

@darkfurby1 is right. The wall of the shack is to thin to have random placed units inside without the possibility of some to spawn outside. Actually they don't spawn outside, they spawn on the inside and another unit is pushing them through the wall. The shack template will most likely be removed and/or replaced completly.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, anfo said:

No sorry, definitely on a dedicated game server we rent. My clan were messing around for an hour and a half trying to get it working on the same dedicated machine.

Okay, sounded like it with "Continue" and "Crash to desktop".

The other points are still valid. And make sure your server config doesn't have autoinit value.

Australia is a very error prone map (like most "life"-terrains). There is a lot of model and config stuff going on that may break server/clients when combined with other mods or units.

I am pretty sure that your CTD is not because of the mission itself but because of the terrain and maybe an interaction with the units in the mission.

19 hours ago, NeoArmageddon said:

The falling in the sea is the result of some player not having the australia terrain or having a different/corrupted version. This is not a problem with the mission itself.

I will check for autoinit as you mentioned, but failing that may I submit an rpt for analysis? Also has Australia 5.09 been cleared for use with 1.8.1?

@NeoArmageddon All fixed, bad version of escape files. Sorry for the bother.

6 hours ago, Witty Jack said:

A dumb question, but what do i need to edit in order to change the enemy loadout ? 

The config from the enemy units. Escape is mostly using the vanilla loadouts from mods and vanilla and is only removing objects (for example the map).

When you want to add other unit classes, you have to edit unitclasses.sqf. If you want other loadouts, the best way is to create a config addon which adds those loadouts to the units.

• Thanks 1

On 9/20/2017 at 10:02 AM, daedum said:

Chernarus is almost unplayable because the big open fields and the longer spotting distances of the AI. Malden is unplayable because of the number of spawn points on that island. You try and get away and some new spawned troops see you right away. Bring in the presence of a helicopter on both maps and its not fun. Tanoa has been playable because I can escape into the jungle, but if you for one second pop out for a second with a clear view towards an enemy, forget it. They shoot right away.

One new thing I noticed is that the AI started shooting through gaps in the walls in the prison again. For some reason this was happening in 1.7 and seemed to stop somewhere during 1.8. When they were doing this, it was stupid and not even fun. But because of the superhuman spotting with the new update, they are again firing through the gaps. I HATE IT. 

NeoArmageddon and Scruffy can you please investigate the difficulty settings. Playing with groups of 3+ has a significant difference versus playing with 1 or 2 people. I have my own game difficulty settings set to 0.0....yes ZERO. and I even have reduced damage set to on now, just so i can attempt to play Escape. But obviously this has no effect on the AI. I am playing on Cadet too. To me the game has changed drastically and its becoming not fun to play anymore. 

I played Escape on about 8 different maps yesterday (it was a good day!) I was wondering if the helicopter response time could be delayed. In almost every game we played, the helicopter showed up in under 2 minutes and it just didn't feel realistic. I think it just forces you to get low for five minutes but after each play through it sort of loses its effect and becomes a chore. Could the prison escape trigger a few different responses to spice things up? At the very least the helicopter response time needs to be delayed so that it punishes people who dilly daddle too long. 

Everything else was great! We just wish we could get away from the prison more often. 

for some reason not seeing type of when selected as "Show all with Type" as of 20/11/17.

mission was "Escape Malden 2035 CUP USMC vs RU 1.8.1" not the Steam version of mission but downloaded versions that have been working fine up to now.

Just seen the hotfix option will try that.

Quick question about the Escape - Trying to set it up with TADST dedicated. Updated everything fine, but when i try to join the server it is looking for the keys for the DLC.

What dlc's are required to be able to run Escape on Malden actually?

10 hours ago, Firstyminator said:

Quick question about the Escape - Trying to set it up with TADST dedicated. Updated everything fine, but when i try to join the server it is looking for the keys for the DLC.

What dlc's are required to be able to run Escape on Malden actually?

That depends which version of Escape and which Malden do you want to play. There are several Escape missions for two different versions of Malden. The modset you need is written in die mission name, it is either Vanilla (so no addon) or CUP/RHS. For "old" Malden you will need CUP Terrains, for the new Malden you should only need the free Malden DLC from BI. If the later is a problem, your server might be misconfigured to download the official DLCs. You can try uploading the DLC content from yoru local game directory manually.

Is there any line i can comment out in the mission to disable the revive?

6 hours ago, 01UkAtO said:

Is there any line i can comment out in the mission to disable the revive?

In initplayer.sqf. But disabling revive will break the gameplay and respawn won't work.

Thanks, i am making an ace version and needed to disable the revive.

My team and I started playing this at around 7:00 PM on Christmas eve. Started out as just me then about 30 minutes into the game we had 2. We were playing the Australia version. Over the next few hours more joined in. Eventually at around 4 in the morning we finally get to the LZ. It took a long time to get all the way back across the map. Anyhow we got to the LZ and threw down smoke and never got an evac. At the evacuation site we had 2 item left on the task menu. One was to clear the evac site and the other was to find the LZ. Which didn't make any sense since we were on top of the marker. And everywhere else around was crappy terrain and not possible for the chopper to exfiltrate. I guess the question is. WHERE THE HELL IS THE LZ LOL. Clearing the LZ was checked off but never got a check off on finding the LZ.

Edit: BTW Fantastic map and game play. Just wish the LZ would be a little more clear.  Hours of fun to be had playing the Australia map. The Dam was fun great little feature for risk takers.

8 minutes ago, RotchakokoV said:

My team and I started playing this at around 7:00 PM on Christmas eve. Started out as just me then about 30 minutes into the game we had 2. We were playing the Australia version. Over the next few hours more joined in. Eventually at around 4 in the morning we finally get to the LZ. It took a long time to get all the way back across the map. Anyhow we got to the LZ and threw down smoke and never got an evac. At the evacuation site we had 2 item left on the task menu. One was to clear the evac site and the other was to find the LZ. Which didn't make any sense since we were on top of the marker. And everywhere else around was crappy terrain and not possible for the chopper to exfiltrate. I guess the question is. WHERE THE HELL IS THE LZ LOL. Clearing the LZ was checked off but never got a check off on finding the LZ.

Edit: BTW Fantastic map and game play. Just wish the LZ would be a little more clear.  Hours of fun to be had playing the Australia map. The Dam was fun great little feature for risk takers.

depends on the version you are using i found some versions were bugged and we could not play on a server anything above 1.75 for us would not work with evac throw smoke nothing happens 

we have updated all our servers to 1.9.0 dev and when you throw 1 smoke right away it shows that it has worked with evac on its way make sure you use the latest  version download links in the first post 

hope that helps nothing more frustrating than getting to the evac and nothing happens  

Roger that. Will make sure they are up to date. Thanks for making a very fun mission across the map spectrum. And Merry Christmas to you and your team.

1 minute ago, RotchakokoV said:

Roger that. Will make sure they are up to date. Thanks for making a very fun mission across the map spectrum. And Merry Christmas to you and your team.

mission has nothing to do with me i just have 3 servers running various versions of the missions so our clan can play

the credits should goto NeoArmageddon and Scruffy for all the hard work with the missions

download from here

You can find the devlopment builds via browser here: ftp://escape@anzp.de

Or with an FTP program of your choice (server anzp.de, user: escape, password: none).

A changelog is included in every build.

the version we use is /development/build-140-23-09-2017/ seems to work fine

a few little bugs with it that should be fixed in the development/build-141-29-10-2017 should have these bugs fixed 

• Like 1

I play on Pat's Escape servers all the time! Go play there for a good time with a good group of regulars!

On 20.12.2017 at 9:51 AM, NeoArmageddon said:

That depends which version of Escape and which Malden do you want to play. There are several Escape missions for two different versions of Malden. The modset you need is written in die mission name, it is either Vanilla (so no addon) or CUP/RHS. For "old" Malden you will need CUP Terrains, for the new Malden you should only need the free Malden DLC from BI. If the later is a problem, your server might be misconfigured to download the official DLCs. You can try uploading the DLC content from yoru local game directory manually.

Many thanks :) Got it to work perfectly. Was missing the right CUP / RHS compats of course. It can be a pain finding the right ones in the Steam Workshop for sure!

On 26.12.2017 at 7:12 AM, Valken said:

I play on Pat's Escape servers all the time! Go play there for a good time with a good group of regulars!

Good time with public escape and regulara? Never imagined that is possible :D

1 hour ago, Firstyminator said:

Many thanks :) Got it to work perfectly. Was missing the right CUP / RHS compats of course. It can be a pain finding the right ones in the Steam Workshop for sure!

Glad you worked it out!