9 hours ago, NeoArmageddon said:

Regarding the planes: Did we ever had civilian planes in 1.8? I don't think so. 

It's possibly 1.7. I dont remember. I only play Escape in Arma and thats all I play so it was definitely in one of the versions. 

On 23.8.2017 at 6:17 PM, shreeden said:

Neo, would you think about adding a mag repack?

I am against adding scripted features to mission that change the overall arma gameplay. Such stuff is always better kept in real addon for multiple purposes (if you ask me):

1. Such script can quickly become outdated and need be updated just in time for an A3 patch. This is better handled by addons. I personally expect a mission to run regardless of the game version and future game updates (aslong as script commands are not touched by BI).
  2. Not everybody likes altered game mechanics, especially when they come from a mission and you can't "opt-out". I personally use mag repack by Outlawled myself and I assume everyone who wants such a feature already has this addon installed anyway.
  3. Slightly touching point 2): Redundancy. When the mission adds a feature that most people already have as addon, this may break something or render the mission unplayable.

Hope that answers your question and why I a not thinging about adding something like mag repack.

On 23.8.2017 at 6:40 PM, daedum said:

It's possibly 1.7. I dont remember. I only play Escape in Arma and thats all I play so it was definitely in one of the versions. 

I never added planes, so you most likely played a mission modiefied by somebody else. Maybe Roy Escape or the co10+6 by phantom.

• Like 1

I never added planes, so you most likely played a mission modiefied by somebody else. Maybe Roy Escape or the co10+6 by phantom.
Makes sense. Thank you.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

Testing:

Devbuild-134-28-07-2017

co10_Escape_RHS.Lythium

Dedicated Server

No enemies are spawning and bag has no weapons.

c10_Escape_RHS.Malden is working on that server.

3 hours ago, rufjame said:

Check that your server doe snot have an auto-init entry in config/startparameters. That is a known A3 server bug.

Otherweise upload a rpt from a single test of co10_Escape_RHS.Lythium

On 8/22/2017 at 5:55 PM, daedum said:

Been loving the 1.9 build with all the new roadblock, ammo depot and comm center configurations.

Ok, I've looked on your FTP and in this thread and I'm not seeing any references to a 1.9 build download...

Am I blind or is it a private release?

Just a heads up... In the UnitClasses.sqf in the RHS versions, the "Additional Weaponboxes" are calling a class name that spawns empty crates.

I think the reason for this is they are "Arsenal" classes of crates, but when a player accesses them in Escape, the "Arsenal" option is not available and they open the "Inventory" dialog instead. Since they don't have contents defined anywhere, they are empty.

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
// fn_AmmoDepot
// What kind of weapon boxes are spawned when the parameter "additional weapons" is activated
// use to add boxes from mods to the ammo depots
a3e_additional_weapon_box_1 = "rhsusf_weapons_crate";
a3e_additional_weapon_box_2 = "rhsusf_ammo_crate";

The changes I have made for my server:

// fn_AmmoDepot
// What kind of weapon boxes are spawned when the parameter "additional weapons" is activated
// use to add boxes from mods to the ammo depots
a3e_additional_weapon_box_1 = "rhsusf_weapon_crate";
a3e_additional_weapon_box_2 = "rhsusf_gear_crate";

Has anyone been able to use the current version of ace3 medical with this mission? When I comment out the revive script players instantly die instead of going unconscious. In other missions this problem doesn't seem to occur. Are there any other scripts in the mission that handle damage? I've searched with no luck

hey do Neo im having trouble adding this to my server but the older armaholic one works fine any way you can help me with this

Hello, NeoArmageddon and Scruffy. Thank you for this amazing mission!

I have some questions. I enjoy customizing the mission, but I'm having some problems finding certain pieces of code. Where could I change

- the spawn rate and location of civilian boats and planes?

- the prison guards' loadout? (i.e. add flashlights/NVG)

- the enemy spawns in the Motor Pools (incl. statics, enemy vehicles, number of infantry)?

- helicopter spawns on airfields? (i.e. add empty helicopters to steal :) )

No need to give me a full tutorial if you don't have time, but some pointers would be highly appreciated!

Thank you

1 hour ago, Woofier said:

I have some questions. I enjoy customizing the mission, but I'm having some problems finding certain pieces of code. Where could I change

- the enemy spawns in the Motor Pools (incl. statics, enemy vehicles, number of infantry)?

You can change the guard types in /units/UnitClasses.sqf, as well as a bunch of other classes.

On 1.8.2017 at 10:14 PM, CRCError1970 said:

Also an observation: On the vanilla Malden 2035 map, there are 4 extraction markers for "drn_Escape_ExtracionBoatSpawnPos19" and none for "drn_Escape_ExtracionBoatSpawnPos20". I think that the markers for 20 may have been inadvertently named  "drn_Escape_ExtractionPos19_2" and "drn_Escape_ExtractionPos19_3" instead of "drn_Escape_ExtractionPos20" and "drn_Escape_ExtractionPos20_1" respectively.

Wrong markername is now fixed on dev build 136

Thanks for reporting!

On 22.8.2017 at 11:55 PM, daedum said:

Been loving the 1.9 build with all the new roadblock, ammo depot and comm center configurations. I'm curious about a couple things. It seems like on tanoa no civilian airplanes spawn at the airports anymore, which is quite important for a map that has multiple islands and a need to cross them. Any chance you can up the chance of them spawning at airports. Civilian airplanes add a great dynamic as you never know if you are going to get shot down when you land on another islands airport, plus you have no guns. great fun! Also seems like there are some difference as far as how weapons and equipment spawn between different maps/mods. For example, if I play vanilla Tanoa, a lot of soldiers may have lots of smoke grenades on them, but if I play the CUP version of Tanoa, almost no one has smokes or scopes, including sniper rifles which really sucks. Are these just idiosyncrasies of the individual mods/non mods/soldier units or something that you guys are programming in?

Only civilian units used are cars, if you see a civilian on foot he crashed. On a few islands (Tanoa, Malden 2035 and I think something by Icebreakr) you may find empty boats next to piers and in harbours.

Loadout depends on the preconfigured loadout of the units, we spawn them as if you just place whats available in the editor (apart from scopes/NVG/map/compass). So the answer is yes, the mods you use have a big influence.

On 27.8.2017 at 8:01 AM, rufjame said:

Testing:

Devbuild-134-28-07-2017

co10_Escape_RHS.Lythium

Dedicated Server

c10_Escape_RHS.Malden is working on that server.

Edit: I'm stupid, uploaded an unfinished villagemarkers file for Lythium...

Should be fixed now on build 137, but as we don't have Lythium on the server I only tested my local version. Can you please try again and tell me if it's still broken?

On 31.8.2017 at 3:23 PM, CRCError1970 said:

Ok, I've looked on your FTP and in this thread and I'm not seeing any references to a 1.9 build download...

Am I blind or is it a private release?

No private release, all our dev versions (including the ones I completely break when I try to write a script) can be found here: ftp://escape@anzp.de

Version was changed on dev build after the last full release, name ingame should be "1.9.0 dev" since somewhere around build 125

On 31.8.2017 at 4:29 PM, CRCError1970 said:

Just a heads up... In the UnitClasses.sqf in the RHS versions, the "Additional Weaponboxes" are calling a class name that spawns empty crates.

[...]

Thanks, that was written before RHS added a "normal" crate, changed in dev build 136

On 5.9.2017 at 11:52 PM, Woofier said:

Hello, NeoArmageddon and Scruffy. Thank you for this amazing mission!

No need to give me a full tutorial if you don't have time, but some pointers would be highly appreciated!

Thank you

As lethargic said, all unit types are pulled from UnitClasses.sqf, so you don't need to change anything else for a mod version. About the rest:

1) No spawn rate, only civilian cars exist. You can find empty boats on Tanoa and maybe 2 or 3 other islands, but those are handplaced for these islands (with %-to-exist)

2) Prison guards are spawned in ..\functions\Server\fn_InitServer.sqf, if the spawned unit has flashlight/NVGs they might keep them, but might be removed randomly. Look at line 583ff

(Every other unit spawned also has their base loadout, but NVG/Map/Compass/GPS/attachments will be removed most of the time. They then might get an attachment added again randomly from the array "a3e_arr_Scopes" in unitclasses. Don't know where the function for that is right now)

3) Placement of statics and vehicles are set in the template, you can find all of them under ..\functions\templates, the type used is an array from UnitClasses. Infantry on camps is spawned by ..\functions\DRN\fn_InitGuardedLocations.sqf, array is "a3e_arr_Escape_InfantryTypes" from UnitClasses

In devbuild there's also ..\functions\DRN\fn_GarrisonUnits.sqf with a separate number for a few specific buildings used in the templates.

4) Helicopters are spawned in on preplaced markers (I think three, for example "drn_searchChopperStartPosMarker"), location depends on the island of course, somewhere on an airfield. But apart from the first search chopper (which is still hovering instead of waiting on the ground, that's on the to-do list) they are only spawned in when needed and don't exist prior to the mission deciding "I'll drop a bunch of paratroopers now". You could place some by hand as with boats, but that would be specific for that mission again.

• Like 1

On 9/5/2017 at 8:59 PM, NeoArmageddon said:

What is the problem?

i cant find the differnce or why the steam version doesnt work when the armaholics version does
not even phantoms version works 

11 hours ago, Jordan Heidke said:

i cant find the differnce or why the steam version doesnt work when the armaholics version does
not even phantoms version works 

That answer still doesn't help me in trying to figure out what your problem is. You sould state:

• What is EXACTLY the problem? Does the mission not show up on your server? Does it show up but does not start? Does it start but is unplayable due to an error?
  • What steps did you tried already?
  • Have you read the readme and description? Have you ever installed another mission on your server that works? Are you familiar with the differences of addons pbos and mission pbos?
  • Have you checked your arma error log (called RPT) for error and warning messages?

Just curious if anyone has seen the AI difficulty shoot up to a much harder level after the Law of War update? Even though I set AI difficulty to pretty low levels (skill: 0.4, and Accuracy: .20) and have Escape set at cadet difficulty, AI is extremely accurate. I only play with one other person, so we have to set the difficulty really low or we wont escape the prison most times. The game was hard before for us 2 but after the update, AI are getting headshot from 2-300 meters which was not happening before. I asked around in other forums if people saw any difference in arma, but got no responses, so I'm wondering if this is just specific to the Escape games. 

2 hours ago, daedum said:

so I'm wondering if this is just specific to the Escape games. 

Doubt it, there is nothing special about Escape AI. It is basically just normal ArmA3 AI with waypoints as they were placed in editor. The while dynamic of the AI is just because of the scripts that place and move those waypoints.

• Like 1

Thanks for the excellent work guys! And thank you Scruffy for the response.

My team and I just played the recent devbuild with new armory, spawn, and commcenter templates. It's amazing. We are truly enjoying playing this mission for like... 6 months now. We only play Escape Tanoa. I've made a lot of changes to the mission, and I've learned just by looking at your code (I don't know coding so it has been quite painful at times). Do you take donations?

We'd really like to see civilian airplanes in the airports, like in Phantom's version. It makes the airport a place that is worthwhile to go to. Empty military choppers would be cool as well. Would be awesome to sneak in and hijack them.

Also, where can I find the %spawn chance for the empty civilian boats?

Bonus, my friends managed to barrel roll two tanks while Escaping. Don't ask how:ex5xdPW.jpg

1 minute ago, Woofier said:

Also, where can I find the %spawn chance for the empty civilian boats?

The boats are hand placed in the editor, so you will find them in the mission.sqm. Just search for the classnames. For example:

class Item49
		{
			dataType="Object";
			class PositionInfo
			{
				position[]={11600.451,1.2970161,2515.7061};
				angles[]={0,5.5055714,0};
			};
			side="Empty";
			class Attributes
			{
				presence=0.2;
			};
			id=168;
			type="C_Boat_Civil_01_F";
			atlOffset=2.3900001;
[...]

presence is the probability for spawning.

4 minutes ago, Woofier said:

Bonus, my friends managed to barrel roll two tanks during a mission. Don't ask how:

The question is not "how?" but "why?". Hehe. Anyway: Good job.

4 minutes ago, Woofier said:

Do you take donations?

We don't ask for donation because we love Arma, we love playing Escape together and we love sharing this expierence and all improvements we made with you guys.

But if you really insist on buying us a coffee (or a tea for Scruffy to be precise), you can write me a PM.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NeoArmageddon said:

Doubt it, there is nothing special about Escape AI. It is basically just normal ArmA3 AI with waypoints as they were placed in editor. The while dynamic of the AI is just because of the scripts that place and move those waypoints.

ok I did some more investigation on this and found out that there was an update to AI and was listed in the spotrep notes:

• Tweaked: AI skill inversion was refactored (Skill and Precision values should now more correspond with the range: 0 - 1)

There was a thread that where people were complaining that accuracy was too high for AI and getting headshots at 300M like i was. And that setting your own AI difficulty wasn't doing much. In that thread people were turning down AI skill to really low values like 0.01 in their scripts.  So here is where Escape might come in. I am assuming that changing Escapes difficulty to Cadet, Easy, etc is changing all AI difficulty regardless of what I might set my personal difficulty to. Is that true? I dont have the game in front of me but I will try and experiment with it when I get home. As of now, Escape is unplayable with 2 people. I've played in bigger groups and its way easier to complete the game, whereas playing with 2 people, i have a success rate of  1 out of 20+ games. Since the update, I cannot get more than 1 kilometer from the prison before my team is killed.

I found a couple other AI tweaks from the spotrep:

Tweaked: Small reduction in AI spotting speeds in connection to skill tweaks

Tweaked: AI should now be able to spot enemies faster (linked to the skill inversion tweaking)

Tweaked: Spotting and aiming error values of AI were improved (idem)

This explains why snipers were spotting me at 300M going prone and sniping the shit out me. I had never experienced the behavior of AI going prone at 300M without even being fired upon. I was watching them as I was trying to escape and not engage them. The AI is just brutal now and as I said, its unplayable. I went into AIskills.sqf and changed the cadet _aiSkillBase from 0.2 to 0.1, but that didnt have any effect on their skill. I might experiment with changing their spot distance and accuracy again.

On 14/09/2017 at 6:58 PM, daedum said:

Broh, just turn down the ingame difficulty sliders

On 13/09/2017 at 10:47 PM, NeoArmageddon said:

Thanks for the help mate! Will send you a PM.

Some more questions:

- Will ZBE cache interfere with the mission?

- I tried spawning planes by copy-pasting the boat codes, but it didn't work :(

class Item270                //Tuvanaka Airport
        {
            dataType="Object";
            class PositionInfo
            {
                position[]={2419.584,13337.366,0};
                angles[]={0,0,0};
            };
            side="Empty";
            class Attributes
            {
                presence=1.0;
            };
            id=447;
            type="O_Heli_Transport_04_bench_F";
            atlOffset=0.43525088;
            class CustomAttributes
            {
                class Attribute0
                {
                    property="Enh_onKilledEvent";
                    expression="if !(_value == '') then {_this addEventHandler ['killed',_value]}";
                    class Value
                    {
                        class data
                        {
                            class type
                            {
                                type[]=
                                {
                                    "STRING"
                                };
                            };
                            value="true";
                        };
                    };
                };
                class Attribute1
                {
                    property="Enh_onRespawnEvent";
                    expression="if !(_value == '') then {_this addEventHandler ['respawn',_value]}";
                    class Value
                    {
                        class data
                        {
                            class type
                            {
                                type[]=
                                {
                                    "STRING"
                                };
                            };
                            value="true";
                        };
                    };
                };
                class Attribute2
                {
                    property="Enh_unitMarker_markerType";
                    expression="_this setVariable ['Enh_unitMarker_type',_value]";
                    class Value
                    {
                        class data
                        {
                            class type
                            {
                                type[]=
                                {
                                    "STRING"
                                };
                            };
                            value="Faction_CUP_ION_PMC_white";
                        };
                    };
                };
                class Attribute3
                {
                    property="Enh_unitMarker_markerText";
                    expression="_this setVariable ['Enh_unitMarker_text',_value]";
                    class Value
                    {
                        class data
                        {
                            class type
                            {
                                type[]=
                                {
                                    "STRING"
                                };
                            };
                            value="";
                        };
                    };
                };
                class Attribute4
                {
                    property="Enh_onDamagedEvent";
                    expression="if !(_value == '') then {_this addEventHandler ['dammaged',_value]}";
                    class Value
                    {
                        class data
                        {
                            class type
                            {
                                type[]=
                                {
                                    "STRING"
                                };
                            };
                            value="true";
                        };
                    };
                };
                class Attribute5
                {
                    property="Enh_unitMarker_colour";
                    expression="_this setVariable ['Enh_unitMarker_colour',_value]";
                    class Value
                    {
                        class data
                        {
                            class type
                            {
                                type[]=
                                {
                                    "STRING"
                                };
                            };
                            value="";