Are these missions hosted on Steam's Workshop?

If not, is the v1.75 cited in the first post the latest version?

9 hours ago, domokun said:

If not, is the v1.75 cited in the first post the latest version?

1.75 is the newest release but there is a build server (in the first post) with the 1.8 branch with 1-2 week updates.

Also a pic of beating Escape with style:

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/843712145335392125/066017B62B6959106A2A29B42A72A838DF894DBB/

• Like 2

New build 121 is up at ftp://anzp.de/development/ with a new test version of IFA3 and IFA3+LEN versions (thanks to both Nils5940 and TheSurvivorOfZeds)

Nils5940: There where some syntax errors, missing comma or one too many, missing ", that kind of stuff. Also some "Strumtruppen" ;)

I didn't really try them, just some short SP tests, so please play them properly and we'll see how they work. I added both to Altis, Stratis, Malden 2035, Chernarus, and the 4 CUP CWR islands. But the extraction still uses a standard BIS chopper

rudyreyes: Still sounds fishy, but hey...it's Arma!

How many players are you? Has everyone got the problem, or is it only specific ones that see others sink/sink for others? For example 1 and 2 can revive each other, but 3 sinks for them and 3 cant see 1 and 2?

Maybe it's the player units used, then it should happen on other islands, too. Have you checked RHS-US on other islands?

We'll try it when we play next time.

Does anyone find that Malden plays a little different? I play with the 1-3 player setting and was swarmed by enemy. at one point there were probably 20 AI surrounding me. It happened to me a few times last night. Also the amount of vehicles seems higher. I saw 3 ifrits together on a city. A vehicle seemed to be dispatched every time we were seen. 

18 hours ago, daedum said:

Does anyone find that Malden plays a little different? I play with the 1-3 player setting and was swarmed by enemy. at one point there were probably 20 AI surrounding me. It happened to me a few times last night. Also the amount of vehicles seems higher. I saw 3 ifrits together on a city. A vehicle seemed to be dispatched every time we were seen. 

The roadnet of main roads is much denser than on "normal" terrains. I think it compares well to CUP Malden.

Really loving this mission NeoArmageddon!

Any change you could put some setting to remove enemy vehicles or lower their count? I'm playing this with my friend and some (most?) maps are really difficult for 2 players because of enemy APCs and tanks are coming at you very early.

Time for another full release:

Complete Pack 1.8.0
co10 Escape (Complete) 1.8.0

No full changelog here, but since the last official release a lot happened, most notably the Apex release. If you didn't follow the development versions you will find:

- new islands (BIS Tanoa and Malden 2035, CUP CWR islands, Al Rayak)

- new or improved mod versions (CUP, RHS, Massis AFR, IFA3 Lite)

- a lot of bugfixes and hopefully not as many bugs ;)

I want to thank everyone that helped us by reporting bugs, porting the mission to new islands, making mods versions, or just by giving feedback.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, scruffy said:

Time for another full release:

Complete Pack 1.8.0
co10 Escape (Complete) 1.8.0

I want to thank everyone that helped us by reporting bugs, porting the mission to new islands, making mods versions, or just by giving feedback.

Awesome.

I'm going to test some of these with my squad on Wednesday.

I'll provide you with an AAR.

BTW what does that AT suffix indicate on a missions name? Anti-Tank or some mod called AT? 

Also any chance it could be uploaded to Steam Workshop? 

Damn, I knew I'd mess something up. The AT stuff is just a version for ourselves using our uniforms and a whole bunch of other addons we use. They are basically the old RHS+CAF versions plus a lot of missing stuff and errors for anyone who would try to use it. I deleted those files from the archive, still the same link. Sorry for the confusion and thank you for asking domokun.

rudyreyes: We tried RHS-US on Abramia yesterday, only two players but no problems with units sinking beneath the ground. Mostly northern and middle part of island if that matters. I still think it is a conflict of different versions of the island on your side.

daedum: As Neo said, it depends very much on the island (and location on there). You get a few different types of enemy spawns:

- Villagemarkers: Marker areas placed on the map beforehand over towns/villages/houses/bases and all places that then spawn one or more groups (depending on size) to patrol there if you get close enough

- search groups: spawned randomly in the "inbetween" areas. If unaware they might stick to roads, but can be found everywhere. If you are seen somewhere they will be sent to search for you in that area

- Guards: spawned around the camps, comcenters use preplaced locations, mortar/ammo/vehicle camps and roadblocks just need enough space

- random traffic: spawned somewhere on a road randomly, then sent to one of several preplaced markers on the edges of the island. Depending on the roadnet, your location, spawn distance and marker placement they might all use the same route because there is nothing else available, so you sometimes see very heavy traffic in a specific location

- "surprises": all additional stuff the enemy might send your way if they spotted you like trucks with reinforcements or a drop chopper (or the artillery)

Apart from the dense roadnet Malden 2035 is an island with a dense grid of structures. There are a lot of small houses and farms in between the villages and towns, and most of them have villagemarkers, so you are never far from the next group. So it's harder to break contact, you will be spotted more often and the AI commander can easily send his search groups to you, which will make it harder to run, you are spotted again, meanwhile some enemy traffic comes around and when you finally get to search the bodies for much needed amunition some paratroopers are dropped on your head...

Best to stay hidden as much as possible and avoid civilization as best as you can while traveling. Pick your fights until you are properly equipped and if you can get into position unnoticed and quickly dispatch a group they can't call for reinforcements. Of course there is a famous saying about plans and s*** will hit the fan sooner rather than later anyways ;)

DantePrkl:

Apart from island choice (see above) the modset you use can help with difficulty. Some factions have a less advanced pool of vehicles, so for example with the CUP versions against the SLA and RACS (on Sahrani) or the Takistani Army and Insurgents (on desert terrains like Takistan or Duala) you will see less or softer armor. Of course it's very much random which vehicle the mission chooses to spawn, so maybe you were just really unlucky.

If you are a bit familiar with editing you can open the unitclasses.sqf file and either remove some APC/tank classes or just copy-paste and increase the number of softer vehicles like cars and trucks to stack the odds in your favour. Just look for the arrays "a3e_arr_Escape_MilitaryTraffic_EnemyVehicleClasses" and "a3e_arr_Escape_MilitaryTraffic_EnemyVehicleClasses_IND" near the top of the file.

No idea if it's feasible to add a setting, Neo will have to think about that when he's back.

Played the iron front version last night. Lots of fun, a good challenge. I would like a US escaping German forces instead of Russian escaping German however for that "Great Escape Feel"

Any intention of using the Iron Front Maps? 

• Like 1

Are there US forces available in IFA3?

We don't use it, so I will probably not port it to the terrains. Currently I'm working on Lythium, Comcenters are done but villagemarkers are a chore...

Downloaded your new 1.8.0 escapes put them on our Dedicated server. Used the Takistan mission, & when we got to the marked extraction point & threw smoke nothing happened? no message, no extraction. we have used the previous version 1.75 on the server which always worked? The mission was Sov players escaping  v US AI

I  have noticed 2 bugs so far with the new 1.8 pack.

1) on everon Us vs Ru the evac on the south west area, the evac point is off the map in the far SW ocean. (unsure if same happens for other everon versions, Only played US vs Ru)

2) all ifa3 ports have NVG  on some soldiers. (unsure if this is really a bug)

On 7/8/2017 at 10:43 PM, jgaz-uk said:

Downloaded your new 1.8.0 escapes put them on our Dedicated server. Used the Takistan mission, & when we got to the marked extraction point & threw smoke nothing happened? no message, no extraction. we have used the previous version 1.75 on the server which always worked? The mission was Sov players escaping  v US AI

Do these missions only work on dedicated servers?

On 4/1/2015 at 11:18 AM, NeoArmageddon said:

This mission was build for dedicated server use! I will not guarantee it will work in SP or locally hosted servers!

• Like 1

Great work! Thanks!

Is it posible to play the misson only at daylight?

11 minutes ago, dR3b said:

Is it posible to play the misson only at daylight?

See parameter list in the role selection screen (as logged in admin). You can set the starting time to somewhat around 07:00 and store it for the next sessions.

• Like 1

On 10.7.2017 at 3:07 AM, [40-1] Shadow said:

I  have noticed 2 bugs so far with the new 1.8 pack.

1) on everon Us vs Ru the evac on the south west area, the evac point is off the map in the far SW ocean. (unsure if same happens for other everon versions, Only played US vs Ru)

2) all ifa3 ports have NVG  on some soldiers. (unsure if this is really a bug)

1) If it happens again, could you or someone else as logged in admin check the debug console (in Esc menu, put it in one of the 4 "watch" fields) for the variable a3e_var_Escape_ExtractionMarkerNo ?

But I double checked Everon (mod doesn't matter) and the markers are in the right spots and all worked when triggering the extraction there.

2) That's right, units will randomly get some NVGs by the mission. For all WW2 packs you should disable it in parameters (NVG-Goggles and TWS Scopes) for immersion

domokun: As Shadow quoted, it's not guaranteed to work on anything but a dedicated server. It seemed to work without errors when Neo and me last tested it hosting ourself quite a while ago, but there are a bunch of reports from others who had problems. You could try, maybe you are lucky.

jgaz-uk:

Can you send us your servers and a clients .rpt from that session? We had that happen on a mission too, we suspected some mods grenades to not work anymore, but all tests so far couldn't reproduce it.

An admin can spawn the helicopters with [3] spawn A3E_fnc_RunExtraction; where 3 is an example for the the variable a3e_var_Escape_ExtractionMarkerNo

On 08/07/2017 at 9:43 PM, jgaz-uk said:

we have the same issue if we move above 1.75 we do not get the helis at the evac point 

we have tested numerous times and still dont get the helis to come to the evac no notification either 

im curious what host your with jgaz-uk 

im with nitrado and im thinking it might be something to do with there servers but unsure though

16 hours ago, scruffy said:

domokun: As Shadow quoted, it's not guaranteed to work on anything but a dedicated server. It seemed to work without errors when Neo and me last tested it hosting ourself quite a while ago, but there are a bunch of reports from others who had problems. You could try, maybe you are lucky.

Thanks man. We'll try it next week then and I'll provide AAR

On 12/07/2017 at 4:59 PM, scruffy said:

1) If it happens again, could you or someone else as logged in admin check the debug console (in Esc menu, put it in one of the 4 "watch" fields) for the variable a3e_var_Escape_ExtractionMarkerNo ?

But I double checked Everon (mod doesn't matter) and the markers are in the right spots and all worked when triggering the extraction there.

2) That's right, units will randomly get some NVGs by the mission. For all WW2 packs you should disable it in parameters (NVG-Goggles and TWS Scopes) for immersion

jgaz-uk:

Can you send us your servers and a clients .rpt from that session? We had that happen on a mission too, we suspected some mods grenades to not work anymore, but all tests so far couldn't reproduce it.

An admin can spawn the helicopters with [3] spawn A3E_fnc_RunExtraction; where 3 is an example for the the variable a3e_var_Escape_ExtractionMarkerNo

Will do, ASAP. Not managed to stay alive long enough to call for extraction again yet :soldier:

13 hours ago, domokun said:

Thanks man. We'll try it next week then and I'll provide AAR

I only play escape on my own computer and have 1 or 2 other people playing with me. I dont have any problems playing.

With the latest edge build on Malden, I did have one issue with the evac choppers not showing up when i dropped multiple smoke grenades. I went to a nearby comcenter (not the same one i used before)  and was able to get a new evac location and popped smokes and all was fine. The first location, I didnt not get the evac message, however on the second time, I did get it.

jgaz-uk: I added some additional debug stuff for the extraction to the .rpt, please try build 127 from the development version at ftp://anzp.de/development/ 

Edit: I think I found the error, the bacon will guide the way ;)

If it works we'll do a hotfix release

It also includes missions for FFAA's Lythium terrain which I finished today.

Happened again twice this time on SAHARNI first time the extract was off the map. see screen shot;

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/845965654723324407/7DFA3601EDB3E70C3C07F950F19074FA4563F22C/

Second time no extract trigger with smoke & no Choppers arrived...

Will try 127 as you suggested;   Your link is asking for user name & password?

Reverting to 1.7.5 in the meantime which worked in the past.

P.S. No idea what this means " [3] spawn A3E_fnc_RunExtraction; where 3 is an example for the the variable a3e_var_Escape_ExtractionMarkerNo "    ????

6 hours ago, jgaz-uk said:

Will try 127 as you suggested;   Your link is asking for user name & password?

See first post: 

• Like 1