Here is a link to my World War Two version of Escape. It has some bugs with the units that I don't know how to fix, so if you guys want you can try to fix it.

http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=98887897402419518395

Mods:

Optional : Advanced Towing
CBA_A3
CUP Terrains - Core
CUP Terrains - Maps
CUP Units
CUP Vehicles
CUP Weapons
Optional : Enhanced Movement
IFA3_AIO_LITE
IFA3_Terrains_LITE
Optional : JSRS SOUNDMOD
LEN - Aircraft Reskins pack for IFA3 LITE
LEN - Waffen SS Infantry pack for IFA3 LITE
LEN - Weapons pack for IFA3 LITE
Optional : Simple Single Player Cheat Menu
WW2_OBJECTS

20 hours ago, TheSurvivorOfZeds said:

Here is a link to my World War Two version of Escape. It has some bugs with the units that I don't know how to fix, so if you guys want you can try to fix it.

http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=98887897402419518395

Mods:

Optional : Advanced Towing
CBA_A3
CUP Terrains - Core
CUP Terrains - Maps
CUP Units
CUP Vehicles
CUP Weapons
Optional : Enhanced Movement
IFA3_AIO_LITE
IFA3_Terrains_LITE
Optional : JSRS SOUNDMOD
LEN - Aircraft Reskins pack for IFA3 LITE
LEN - Waffen SS Infantry pack for IFA3 LITE
LEN - Weapons pack for IFA3 LITE
Optional : Simple Single Player Cheat Menu
WW2_OBJECTS

Awesome. How about sharing it via SWS? I'm sure it'll enjoy much better coverage

40 minutes ago, domokun said:

Awesome. How about sharing it via SWS? I'm sure it'll enjoy much better coverage

As I said it still has a few bugs with the mission that makes it unplayable. I will post it to SWS as soon as I can get a fixed version or somehow figure it out myself.

• Like 1

in most of the nightly builds the zombies version of lingor doesn't work (haven't found one that did). I'm not a modder or anything but looked through the code by using depbo and found that the mission.SQM file doesn't contain any mention of the zombies at all. Don't know if this helps but i found something that did include the zombies but don't know how to recompile the pbo to include this: https://bitbucket.org/armedtactics/co10-escape/commits/eb2425db724648f6b52bf1f5db5063210d547cd1#chg-Missions/Lingor3_Zombies/mission.sqm

Edit:

So i did some tinkering and merged the two files together by taking some lines from the link i supplied into the existing mission.sqf and it works !

Maybe not as well as it should (spawns might be in strange locations) but it works. 

Bugs:

Zombies kill you and wont make you unconscious so you can't be revived. (see it as been eaten by zombies:f:)

Loading titles not correct.

Download:

(Working) co10_Escape_Zombies_RHS.Lingor3.pbo file: http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=92217254686408746528

Mr.Wiskers: Thanks a lot, there was an error in the build script and it used the wrong mission.sqm. Should be fixed now

TheSurvivorOfZeds: There were a few smaller things I found in your unitclasses.sqf

- 2x "IB_GER_unterofficer" instead of "LIB_GER_unterofficer"

- "LIB_LIB_shumine_42_MINE_mag" instead of "LIB_shumine_42_MINE_mag"

- you changed some array names for "a3e_arr_AmmoDepotSpecialWeapons" and "a3e_arr_AmmoDepotBasicWeapons", so the first one wasn't defined before first use

- you deleted some arrays you don't use, I added them back in empty (a3e_arr_AmmoDepotVehicleBackpacks = []; and the scope and bipod ones)

Probably the one that made you the most problems were the incorrect sides. I changed the player units to Red Army soldiers on side east instead of west where IFA puts the Germans and right at the start of the file unitclasses.sqf I changed

A3E_VAR_Side_Blufor = east;

A3E_VAR_Side_Opfor = west;

I can't test properly as the LEN_SS units don't work for me and crash my game (maybe Steam Workshop f*ed up?), but it now seems to work so far.

I added Chernarus and CWC island versions to the build script, so you can try them out in dev update #120. If you continue to work on the unitclasses please keep us updated (maybe an IFA3 only version too?)

• Like 1

On ‎6‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 10:42 AM, scruffy said:

Mr.Wiskers: Thanks a lot, there was an error in the build script and it used the wrong mission.sqm. Should be fixed now

TheSurvivorOfZeds: There were a few smaller things I found in your unitclasses.sqf

- 2x "IB_GER_unterofficer" instead of "LIB_GER_unterofficer"

- "LIB_LIB_shumine_42_MINE_mag" instead of "LIB_shumine_42_MINE_mag"

- you changed some array names for "a3e_arr_AmmoDepotSpecialWeapons" and "a3e_arr_AmmoDepotBasicWeapons", so the first one wasn't defined before first use

- you deleted some arrays you don't use, I added them back in empty (a3e_arr_AmmoDepotVehicleBackpacks = []; and the scope and bipod ones)

Probably the one that made you the most problems were the incorrect sides. I changed the player units to Red Army soldiers on side east instead of west where IFA puts the Germans and right at the start of the file unitclasses.sqf I changed

I can't test properly as the LEN_SS units don't work for me and crash my game (maybe Steam Workshop f*ed up?), but it now seems to work so far.

I added Chernarus and CWC island versions to the build script, so you can try them out in dev update #120. If you continue to work on the unitclasses please keep us updated (maybe an IFA3 only version too?)

Oh thank you! I'll be testing it and will update any other things I might want to add. (Most likely civilian vehicles from Sabres Civil Aviations and such...)

Test One: Was about a 95% success! The other 5% was the AI Prison Guards not spawning. But other enemy and civilian spawns seem to have worked. So, again, thanks very much for the help!

On 6/9/2017 at 7:23 AM, Mr.Wiskers said:

in most of the nightly builds the zombies version of lingor doesn't work (haven't found one that did). I'm not a modder or anything but looked through the code by using depbo and found that the mission.SQM file doesn't contain any mention of the zombies at all. Don't know if this helps but i found something that did include the zombies but don't know how to recompile the pbo to include this: https://bitbucket.org/armedtactics/co10-escape/commits/eb2425db724648f6b52bf1f5db5063210d547cd1#chg-Missions/Lingor3_Zombies/mission.sqm

Edit:

So i did some tinkering and merged the two files together by taking some lines from the link i supplied into the existing mission.sqf and it works !

Maybe not as well as it should (spawns might be in strange locations) but it works. 

Bugs:

Zombies kill you and wont make you unconscious so you can't be revived. (see it as been eaten by zombies:f:)

Loading titles not correct.

Download:

(Working) co10_Escape_Zombies_RHS.Lingor3.pbo file: http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=92217254686408746528

I've noticed this for over a year yet for some reason I never thought to report it, but I'm glad it's fixed now.

As for the bug with Zombies killing you so that you can't be revived, that appears to be a conflict between the revive script that Neo's using and the Zombie mod itself.  In my testing the only kind of revive script that functions properly when being killed by Zombies is the ACE mod's revive.  I haven't tested the native Bohemia in a while so that one might work too but I'm not sure.

That is most likely because the zombie scripts use setdamage command and not setHit which bypass all damage handling. If you ask me, that is not the state of art to simulate damage ingame ;)

Just finished a session of build 120.  The session was rather uneventful for the most part, except just before we reached the extraction zone we had to run away from a gunship.  We managed to to shake it off and trigger the extraction just fine, but we did notice that the friendly gunship was missing.  I'm not sure if it was shot down because I did see a message saying "Archangel is down" but I didn't see it get shot down and the transport helicopters were ok.  Unfortunately the enemy gunship came back but through sheer luck we just barely managed to escape.

I got a great clip of the extraction.  Always something new when we play escape.

• Like 1

When the message contains "Archangel" it definitly spawns fine as the name is read from the unit itself. Otherwise it would say "Null-Object is down" ;)

So it was shot down out of your sight and enabled the other helis to reach you. Hurray for Archangel!

Hey, I was wondering if I can actually play as Opfor and fight Blufor. I have tried a few things myself but the AI keeps killing each other. Im pretty lost at this point and was wondering if you had any suggestions. I set the AI's class as Blufor and changed some things from west to east and east to west. If there is some sort of guide to make this work properly could you please let me know? Great work by the way keep it up. 

TheSurvivorOfZeds: Try again now, apparently the LEN units were bugged (which is why I had problems with them too), but there was a fix for them last friday.

cyprus: That was close one. Well, not for you obviously, but you took one for the team like a great leader :D

I can however ease your pain a little and tell you that Neo was killed in the escape chopper too, just yesterday while leaving Dingor ;)

Nils5940: You can, there are a few "red vs. blue" versions for CUP and RHS. (Didn't we have a BIS one once, what happened to that...)

To change an existing mission you need to:

1. change the player units side, obviously

2. change the unitclasses.sqf, pretty much at the top you'll find the sides

A3E_VAR_Side_Ind = resistance;

Blufor is always the player side, here it's already switched to east

3. change and double check the alliance of the independent side, so you don't get the "War-Torn Mode" activated

Hi scruffy, thanks for the response but I still have the same problem. This time I followed all the steps and even restarted completely, pasting in class names into a Red vs Blue Altis save. I do not know what is causing the AI to shoot each other, I've tried every combination of independent ally. I do not know why this is happening what so ever. ( I am using IFA_3 Lite for classes and items).

Guys who ever had a problem with the corpses of players who fall through the textures? On the map isla abramia rhs-us body falls through the textures and it is impossible to revive friends. How to solve this problem?

This mission is just a flame! Should we wait for the enemy as the boys from rhs:gref mod?

Nils5940: But the parameter for Wartorn mode is off? Hard to say, even if you mixed classes in the unitclasses (e.g. east units in independent arrays or west or whatever) it should spawn them for the right side.

Maybe disable wartorn mode in include/params.hpp for all settings to test, again, check the sides at the top of unitclasses as I posted above and double check your mission.sqm for

class Mission
{
	class Intel
	{
		resistanceWest=0;
		resistanceEast=1;

That should mean Indep is friendly to east, but maybe I'm mixing it up, so better double check that too ;)

rudyreyes:That sounds like a problem you get if the players use different versions of the island. Make sure everyone uses the same one.

A problem that already existed in CWC https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X34uRckQwPI :D

Hey scruffy, appreciate the reply again. I ended up taking a Red vs. Blue and just completely restarting by pasting in the classes. Now I have this issue where when I hit play, a black screen comes up with small white text that says "loading...". Im not really sure why this would be happening.

Hey Nils. No problem, when you get it to work we can add it to the builder.

Small problem with your files in the link:

- mission.sqm is binarized, can't look at it just with Notepad

- as it's binarized and you omitted the .island part in the filename I don't know which island to put it on

- you didn't include the Units\unitclasses.sqf

If you save the mission and uncheck the "binarize" option at the bottom you can then read it with a text editor

It was enough to take a look though, it's the alliance part that's wrong in your mission.sqm. In the editor look under the menu Attributes -> General and change Indep to be friendly with West and enemy to East. It's the part I posted above with "resistanceEast" and west, if the mission.sqm is readable.

The never ending "loading" is most probably a syntax error in the unitclasses.sqf, if you have a backup try the one before that again, might be easier than finding the missing comma.

Hm, I am having an odd problem. I found out that the "loading..." comes up when I have ind allied to blufor and against opfor.

9 hours ago, Nils5940 said:

Hm, I am having an odd problem. I found out that the "loading..." comes up when I have ind allied to blufor and against opfor.

Yes, because that doesn't make sense from the missions gameplay perspective:

As Scruffy said: BLUFOR is always the players side in config. In this terms, BLUFOR does not mean "NATO/USMC/etc" but "Players"-side. In the Escape configs BLUFOR can actually mean the russian/iranian/chinese, etc sides.

If you want to have East as player and Ind+West as enemy, make sure you have East as BLUFOR, West as OPFOR and Ind as Indep. Check the "xyz is friendly to zyx" settings (in eden editor or mission sqm) aswell as the config.sqf entries.

On 23.06.2017 at 2:06 AM, scruffy said:

rudyreyes:That sounds like a problem you get if the players use different versions of the island. Make sure everyone uses the same one.

A problem that already existed in CWC https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X34uRckQwPI :D

Nope :( The problem is not this. All players have the same version from the workshop. Corpses are underground only on the version of rhs-us isla abramia. For example, on a vanilla version or just rhs, there are no such problems. Are the versions of the escape expected with other sides from the rhs mod?

Has anyone done a version for the new Malden? We played the BIS version and it's a bit lacking compared to these awesome Escape missions.

2 hours ago, callaway (DayZ) said:

Has anyone done a version for the new Malden? We played the BIS version and it's a bit lacking compared to these awesome Escape missions.

It is in the dev repository listed in the frirst post. Check build 120. Missions with *.Malden are on the new Malden while *.Abel is on CUP (OFP) Malden.