you can open the mission,sqm in the editor and move the evac points onto land save and try it again  

what mission is it your using 

8 hours ago, daedum said:

I have edited the backpack to have better guns, and I changed the default preferences/settings to always start with the settings I picked. (i changed things like AI spawn, medium, maps show icon with type, reduced artillery) I didnt change anything else.

Than you most likely made a mistake by packing the mission. To make sure I checked the mission yesterday again and everything worked absolutly fine: https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/805425361404201845/EE1D1F2BADF2F0CE2FE44E82335908BD0C46A717/

On 4/20/2017 at 1:08 AM, NeoArmageddon said:

Than you most likely made a mistake by packing the mission. To make sure I checked the mission yesterday again and everything worked absolutly fine: https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/805425361404201845/EE1D1F2BADF2F0CE2FE44E82335908BD0C46A717/

oh shoot! If i edit it, i should not repack it? Just play it unpacked?

14 hours ago, daedum said:

oh shoot! If i edit it, i should not repack it? Just play it unpacked?

No, but many things can go wrong. AFAIK using thw new binarized mission.sqm format can cause problems.

Try to pack your mission with an untouched mission.sqm matching the terrain.

I have another bug for you. When exiting the jail compound, if i turn left and hug the hescos, I will die for no reason. It doesnt happen every time, but I've died probably 4 or 5 times in the last 20 plays. I am not walking over the campfire and I've died even after clearing out all the enemy so it cant be a shot i didnt hear. The person I have played with has also died a few times.

its the campfire after the last patch if you go to close to any flame you will die 

try and put fire out when passing it

39 minutes ago, patpgtips said:

its the campfire after the last patch if you go to close to any flame you will die 

try and put fire out when passing it

I noticed that I was being killed by the fire when I was running along the prison wall, Out of normal reach of the flames but it only happend on the first release of 64bit test version.

The normal  32bit version had no problems.

Hey guys, just wanted to say that this is really great mission, its the only mission we play now and always have so much fun.

Neo do you plan any updates to the mission with more features, nothing in particular, just wondering, maybe bigger towns more defended with enemy encampment, i dont know or strategic locations, ports, towers etc.

Also check out our attempt on Altis with CUP, we were doing so well until..

Hey guys, it's me again. I was wondering if there's anyone who could fix my friendly fire issue on my WW2 themed escape mission. Thanks.

P.S. I don't really know how to send this mission to you guys.

46 minutes ago, TheSurvivorOfZeds said:

Hey guys, it's me again. I was wondering if there's anyone who could fix my friendly fire issue on my WW2 themed escape mission. Thanks.

P.S. I don't really know how to send this mission to you guys.

not sure if its possible 

only way is banning said players who choose to team kill everyone

but would be a good option to have in the params 

1 hour ago, patpgtips said:

not sure if its possible 

only way is banning said players who choose to team kill everyone

but would be a good option to have in the params 

It's not player friendly fire. It's AI guards and patrols friendly firing themselves.

Should've probably said that before.

1 hour ago, TheSurvivorOfZeds said:

It's not player friendly fire. It's AI guards and patrols friendly firing themselves.

ah i see 

goto folder edit /include/params.hpp

edit this code default = 1; to default = 0;

class Param_War_Torn
    {
        title="War-Torn Mode (CSAT and Syndikat fight each other)";
        values[]={0,1};
        texts[]={"Disabled","Enabled"};
        default = 0;
    };

stops the 2 factions killing each other

hope this helps

1 hour ago, TheSurvivorOfZeds said:

you should also open the mission in the editor and make sure the IND allegiance is set correctly,  I have had the same problem in the past.

Hi. me and my friends like playing rhs escape, but we have one problem. The search chopper has a minigun on it and is spawned way to early, and is often on us right after we get out of the prison. Is there anyway to delay the search chopper?

Edited by 01UkAtO

4 minutes ago, 01UkAtO said:

Hi. me and my friends like playing rhs escape, but we have one problem. The search chopper has a minigun on it and is spawned way to early, and is often on us right after we get out of the prison. Is there anyway to delay the search chopper?

I am sure there is a way to delay it, but im not at my pc to check.  

Another option is to look in the "unitclasses.sqf" and change the chopper to something with a little less firepower.

We enjoy the chopper and the challenge is gives but we are often only just able to leave the prison as it arrives. 5 or so minutes would give us time to get gear and get our selves situated before the chopper arrives.

3 hours ago, patpgtips said:

ah i see 

goto folder edit /include/params.hpp

edit this code default = 1; to default = 0;

class Param_War_Torn
    {
        title="War-Torn Mode (CSAT and Syndikat fight each other)";
        values[]={0,1};
        texts[]={"Disabled","Enabled"};
        default = 0;
    };

stops the 2 factions killing each other

hope this helps

The code is set to 0. Even then the (example:  BLUFOR team shoots other BLUFOR).

17 hours ago, 01UkAtO said:

Did you turn down the chopper setting in the parameter? If you turn it down he wont fire as quick, mostly just searching. He wont fire unless you fire on him. However I have seen cases where he does become aggressive if there is a big firefight going on, but could possibly be due to ricochets going in the direction of the chopper.

Anyone have issues with the AI shooting through the Hescos (cell wall boxes) gaps. I played the last couple of nights and they were killing me every round. The gaps are pretty small most of the time, but they have laser aim (sometimes the gaps are huge, but not in these instances). It might not be an issue if you star with a large group (4 or more players) but if you have a team of two, which is what i usually play, its way to hard to even leave the cell. 

18 hours ago, 01UkAtO said:

We enjoy the chopper and the challenge is gives but we are often only just able to leave the prison as it arrives. 5 or so minutes would give us time to get gear and get our selves situated before the chopper arrives.

Are you talking about the Vanilla Chopper, or the CUP and RHS choppers?
The Vanilla chopper rarely finds myself and friends, and if it does, it rarely shoots.
When playing CUP and RHS, we've found if you start out in an open field, you have about a minute to make a mad dash for trees/cover otherwise the blackhawk will absolutely wipe you out without hesitation or remorse. Like 99 out of a 100 times. Miserable.

kind of annoying really.

BUT, if you make it pas the chopper, RHS is a blast.

We are using rhs and the chopper is on the easiest setting. Also we always have wartorn on. Just a spawn timer setting would fix my issue.

10 hours ago, 01UkAtO said:

We are using rhs and the chopper is on the easiest setting. Also we always have wartorn on. Just a spawn timer setting would fix my issue.

There is no real spawntime. The chopper starts when AI reports you as escaped. And yes, you can even kill the guards and escape without alerting anybody.

I have a pull request for a slight config change to make the chopper settings not "Easy, Normal and Hard" but rather "Unarmed, Lightly-armed and heavily-armed"

On 3. 5. 2017 at 1:25 AM, 01UkAtO said:

The helicopter is annoying but thats its job. You can kill the guards without alarming anyone or you can kill them quickly and run for cover. Dodging the helicopter is easy if you are patient and dont do crazy stuff, just hide behind trees, use terrain, buildings etc and eventually the heli will give up and fly away. Never had any problems with it, we often shoot it down and steal it if it survives the fall :) You have to be really really unlucky with the spawn but even then, you can still hide in your prison you escaped from ;) Just keep them as they are, they are supposed to be big threat as in real life. Playing CUP btw.

Just a heads-up, this is the Git update log from today with a total of 14 commits from me and Scruffy:

1. Added additional variable check for HSC exit
  2. Fixed JIP spawn. Should now behave as intended.
  3. Added failsafe for broken "knownPositions". Should keep an eye on this.
  4. Added Failsafe-check for HSC Revive text. May trigger faster than dialog.
  5. Removed terrain objects are now correctly broadcasted to JIP clients.
  6. Added boodstrap-function. Yet unused. Added RemoteExec ext definition
  7. Forgot to add fn_bootstrap.sqf
  8. Added config for Visual Studio Code
  9. Added compiler config for simple test case on Stratis
  10. T70: Added Fire/Smoke FX script, updated include/functions.hpp, updated
  11. Fixed a missing bracket
  12. Merged Fire and smoke for Crashsides from abelians diff and made some
  13. Elevated Version number to 1.8 RC1
  14. Changed searchChopper arrays (light = unarmed, heavy = armed, no more gunships)

We also tested non-dedicated hosting and we had no problems. More stuff coming in the upcoming week.

• Like 1