Try changing the mission parameters back to defaults (in lobby). It might have saved the Debug value to true somehow (maybe accidentally changed and saved it, or a user changed it when voted as admin).

Now that 1.68 has released with dynamic simulation you think you guys can make a new version of escape making use of dynamic simulation?

3 hours ago, NeoArmageddon said:

Try changing the mission parameters back to defaults (in lobby). It might have saved the Debug value to true somehow (maybe accidentally changed and saved it, or a user changed it when voted as admin).

Thanks, I'll try that, and let you know how it goes.

Update:

OK that did the trick thanks for your help.

One more question.

When I changed the parameters and told it to save and then use the below at next startup, it did not use the same settings after stopping and restarting the server.

Although the Debug messages are no longer showing so that part saved.

Also it seems to take a long time for the backpack to get any weapons after picking it up off the floor.

Other than that, it's an awesome mission that we have played over and over and over again and will continue to play for some time.

Keep up the awesome work!

Bogor

I was all ready, ticket in hand to board the 64-bit train, but I'm unable to play the mission on 1.68. i get a looping error complaining about something in Functions.sqf and the clients hang and crash once you click continue from the map/briefing screen. The server itself doesn't crash, just drops back to the mission select/vote menu once the last client has crashed off. I'm running the linux dedicated server, though i tested hosting locally (i know it's not supported that way) and got the same behaviour.

Is anyone experiencing anything similar? Trying to determine if this is my issue, mission issue, or an arma issue.

13 hours ago, Coul said:

Now that 1.68 has released with dynamic simulation you think you guys can make a new version of escape making use of dynamic simulation?

Said before: No. Dynamic Simulation is not something that can be simply attached to any mission and works as replacement. In fact Escape uses a system very similar to BIs dynamic simulation but is more geared towards how Escape is played (small player group that nearly crosses the complete map with curated locations like villages).

So there will neither be a performance gain nor a gameplay advantage by using Dynamic Simulations (in the near future atleast). Escape has its own "Dynamic Simulation"

• Like 1

Hey,

First I got to say, these escape missions have brought hours of gameplay to me and my friends for allmost 2 years, keep up the good work!

As I was reading the topic, there was an suggestion of team vs team version of the escape. Is it something that might come up in thr future versions of the mission?

No one is confused by fainting near the fire at the beginning of the mission? :)

Does anyone have a working version where NATO and RHS units are used as the enemy factions? Its a little strange to me to have only NATO forces fighting each other when wartorn is turned on. Or only russians killing each other in the RHS version. Something like the Tanoa version on the workshop with syndicate/CSAT duking it out, as it provides great weapon variety, as well as making it seem you are actually escaping a warzone.

Great mission btw, Ive been playing it on and off for months.

On 18.3.2017 at 6:53 PM, Vii_Cii said:

As I was reading the topic, there was an suggestion of team vs team version of the escape. Is it something that might come up in thr future versions of the mission?

Probably not as that would be a completly new mission with a very different gameplay. Also there are some design challenges for this.

On 23.3.2017 at 10:29 PM, TokiMe said:

No one is confused by fainting near the fire at the beginning of the mission? :)

That is how fire behaves in Arma: Making an unreasonable lot of damage to units standing near. And it would have killed you but the revive kicked in to prevent that ;)

We have a couple of issues after the last BI patch 

if a player dies and aborts back to lobby then comes back into the game again he is found lying on the floor and moving around you have to then shoot that player to get the revive option

not sure if this is only with the escape missions or its arma wide I haven't tried other missions to find out it kind of spoils the game a bit 

also if a player is disconnected sometimes an ai player replaces him and will run around the map or sit where the player was last seen then the disconnected player tries to get back in game and is met with the mission failed when the mission is still going strong 

this only happened after the new 64 bit update for arma 3 

i have tested with

server 32 bit and client 32 bit still the same issue

server 32 bit and client 64 bit still the same issue

server 64 bit and client 64 bit still the same issue

not sure what is going on its possibly the revive system needing looked at but thought id post as we have 3 Escape servers and all have the same issues 

any ideas how i can fix this 

Thanks

if a player dies and aborts back to lobby then comes back into the game again he is found lying on the floor and moving around you have to then shoot that player to get the revive option

also if a player is disconnected sometimes an ai player replaces him and will run around the map or sit where the player was last seen then the disconnected player tries to get back in game and is met with the mission failed when the mission is still going strong 

We are also having this same issue on our server.

I love this mission mode and wanted to ask if it is possible to make an Un-Com version with this mod:

Or FAP mod Alien version:

Just replace all OpFor with the Aliens  to simulate an alien abduction / invasion and the human players has to escape back to humanity or whatever is left.

On 26.3.2017 at 4:57 AM, OmenLW said:

We are also having this same issue on our server.

I am quite certain that has to be a problem with the new A3 patch. There is nothing in Escape that would create an AI when a player leaves.

Regarding the revive: Why do you go back to lobby and back in when you die? Do you mean getting unconscious or really "dying and triggering vanilla respawn"?

Any addons running? Me and my squad don't have these problems. May you guys have a look into your RPTs and search for supicious error messages?

no addons at all 

we have add-ons but before I done the post I checked and made sure I was getting the same error on a mission straight from your bleeding-edge FTP

the mission I tested on was from folder 05-03-2017/build-97-8028fdaae68ce75abd67a7e59ca5d623914d0ab2/co10_Escape.Altis.pbo i still get the same issue

when players abort when they log back in they are lying on the ground as in the top video it was from the mission I downloaded from the FTP 

I don't know why people abort but some do they just cant wait for a revive and they go back to the lobby and come in again I don't like it when they do I'd like a timer when they do try to abort to stop them constantly aborting

ill enable rpt logs see if we can get an error for you 

Preventing players from not waiting for revive was on my list for quite some time. Maybe now is the right time to add something in that regard :)

Regarding the disconnected players respawning as AI. Looks like it is maybe fixed in the inbound hotfix:

https://dev.arma3.com/post/spotrep-00065

"Fixed: The BIS_fnc_initRespawn handle disconnect event was returning true and causing units previously controlled by a disconnected player to be transferred to the server and become AI "

8 hours ago, NeoArmageddon said:

Preventing players from not waiting for revive was on my list for quite some time. Maybe now is the right time to add something in that regard :)

sound good i did try and get something like that implimented myself but im a noob 

lots of ideas no knowledge to get it working

2 hours ago, ynpmoose said:

Regarding the disconnected players respawning as AI. Looks like it is maybe fixed in the inbound hotfix:

https://dev.arma3.com/post/spotrep-00065

"Fixed: The BIS_fnc_initRespawn handle disconnect event was returning true and causing units previously controlled by a disconnected player to be transferred to the server and become AI "

lets hope they have fixed it just need to test it now

thought id let you know 

the abort bug we had on all missions seems to be back to normal again after the small fix 

On 29.03.2017 at 10:22 AM, NeoArmageddon said:

You can enter intelligence data (collected from the dead), which would open some sort of question marks? Playing in 2-3 players, 2 hours goes to find a place of hacking :\

On 3/29/2017 at 3:22 PM, NeoArmageddon said:

Regarding players disconnecting, there are very valid reasons to allow this:

On public servers, when there are mixed group of players who don't know each other, many wounded players are left behind and never revived while the rest of the remaining players are on off to the next objective.

The only way to rejoin the group is to disconnect, ensure the team leader is outside a vehicle, and then those players can regroup and carry on.

Another example: if the last player gets wounded enroute to the extract point while everyone is already there. Easier to disconnect and rejoin than to send and risk a rescue team, even though that may be the actual goal of the game.

This happens all the time especially with no admins around. For LAN or private servers, it is not an issue at all since most team mates usually come back for you. Or a very good server but even then if there are too many players, many are left behind and can hold up the game. 

if it was me I would have at least 5 minutes before players can abort back to the lobby giving players around you enough time to get back and revive you

it would be good if it was in the params so server owners can choose what they want with that feature 

its to easy for players to abort then come back into the game and that is why certain players do it on every death also they are the ones that normally don't work as a team and do there own thing 

its a team based mission and everyone should work together to escape 

if I could have found a solution myself I would have added it long ago 

• Like 1

Hijacking/Hacking does not work for me.

I don't get the option to hack the terminal when I am next to it. 

Edit:

I am not an expert, but it seems to me that you changed "true" and "false" in fn_addUserActions.sqf:

if(_target getvariable ["A3E_isTerminal",false]) then {
			if(!(_target getvariable ["A3E_Terminal_Hacked",false])) then {_return = true;};
		};

Shouldn't it be 

if(_target getvariable ["A3E_isTerminal",true]) then {
				if(!(_target getvariable ["A3E_Terminal_Hacked",false])) then {_return = true;};

Possible Bug?:

After I hijack/hack the terminal the evac icon appears on the map but it is on the very edge of the map in the water. Obviously if i could get to it, i wouldn't need a helicopter pickup. Anyone else seeing this?  Im using version 1.8.0

Edited by daedum

1 hour ago, daedum said:

Possible Bug?:

After I hijack/hack the terminal the evac icon appears on the map but it is on the very edge of the map in the water. Obviously if i could get to it, i wouldn't need a helicopter pickup. Anyone else seeing this?  Im using version 1.8.0

All possible evacs are in set positions for the mission,  has anyone edited the mission.sqm and moved stuff around?

On 4/17/2017 at 0:12 PM, [40-1] Shadow said:

All possible evacs are in set positions for the mission,  has anyone edited the mission.sqm and moved stuff around?

I have edited the backpack to have better guns, and I changed the default preferences/settings to always start with the settings I picked. (i changed things like AI spawn, medium, maps show icon with type, reduced artillery) I didnt change anything else.