2 hours ago, NeoArmageddon said:

No, you didn't lol. The porting post is on the first page aswell! The link is working just your browser doesn't autoscroll. It is the 11th post, first page.

AH!! The porting ''post'' is on the first page, not just the link, I got ya lol Flash to bang time aint what it used to be, though I don't know why any of the browsers I tried didn't autoscroll, it must have the first time I did it a few weeks ago, I didn't physically scroll either because I didn't realise it was actually in the same thread. Thanks for that. A couple of questions about it. 1. Are the extraction position marker sets of 3 and Comcenter markers limited to 8 and 9 each, or is it ok to increase those numbers?  2. Nodoby seems to have ported it to NAPF yet, is this just because they haven't bothered or has somebody reported a problem in doing so? I tried indexing that island for ALiVE once and it came back as obfusticated and didn't work

1) Yes and the number is hardcoded. I didn't get around to change that (from the original Escape back in A2) because it would need a complete overhaul.

2) I now nothing about a port to Napf as of now.

Is it possible to modify the RHS missions such that you can play as the resistance faction versus the US and Russians? And is there any chance such a mission variant could be added in the future?

On 2017-01-20 at 4:20 AM, NeoArmageddon said:

I really can't reproduce this on my end. It looks like to player is defined at all. In the newest build I switched from "allPlayers" to "playableUnits", that always worked for me (and most other).

Can you check these commands in the ingame console when your server starts the mission? Best before the black Escape loading screen is gone.

I am quite sure (by the look at your rpt) the problem is not the mission or it scripting itself.

Not exactly sure how to do that, wouldn't I need to host it on my PC rather than my DS? 

Also, might the -autoinit startup parameters be the cause? I'll frig with it a bit more later after work. 

On 1/20/2017 at 2:20 AM, NeoArmageddon said:

No, you didn't lol. The porting post is on the first page aswell! The link is working just your browser doesn't autoscroll. It is the 11th post, first page.

The link on the first post is dead, at least for me. But i'll search for Scruffy's post anyways. i just want to see how its done.

What i want to know is how to change the units, vehicles, ect,. I'd like to make a IFA3 version of this, so its like a WW2 themed escape.

Scruffy's Tutorial on how to port missions to other maps:

I'm pretty sure i read "dont use -autoinit" somewhere. After removing it, AI is spawning, and the log file isn't expanding by 100's of mb/s.

TIL: RTFM

probably still wont read manuals though.

7 hours ago, dj3hac said:

I'm pretty sure i read "dont use -autoinit" somewhere. After removing it, AI is spawning, and the log file isn't expanding by 100's of mb/s.

TIL: RTFM

probably still wont read manuals though.

Ah yes, I wrote that somewhere. Appearently autoinit breaks some stuff in Arma and nobody knows what exactly. I ran into problems with other missions when autoinit is used aswell.

But glad you found the problem. Maybe I should make a note on my desktop with "When somebody Escape doesn't work, ask if autoinit is used" :D

15 hours ago, unknownsoldier said:

Is it possible to modify the RHS missions such that you can play as the resistance faction versus the US and Russians? And is there any chance such a mission variant could be added in the future?

It is possible but as I don't really play with RHS it is unlikely that I will add such a setup anytime soon. Feel free to modify the mission yourself.

Small tip: Resistance needs to be setup as east side in unitclasses and east as resistance.

7 hours ago, NeoArmageddon said:

Ah yes, I wrote that somewhere. Appearently autoinit breaks some stuff in Arma and nobody knows what exactly. I ran into problems with other missions when autoinit is used aswell.

But glad you found the problem. Maybe I should make a note on my desktop with "When somebody Escape doesn't work, ask if autoinit is used" :D

I'm pretty sure it's required for exile to work properly. I used my exile server launcher for escape, so that's how it got in there. 

Now that I have it working though, it works completely fine for me, my roommate however is a different story. 

The only thing that loads for him is terrain, no trees or foliage, no buildings (that aren't part if the terrain), no sandbag jail, no AI, I'm even invisible to him. 

The AI does see and react to him, shooting and killing him, he is able to hear the gunshots, but not see the characters. 

We are both on LAN to the server, have the same mods loaded, with bikeys for only the mods used to enforce same versions. 

Really racking my brains in this one, we have identical installs, there is no reason why it should work for me but not him. 

On 20/01/2017 at 0:58 PM, NeoArmageddon said:

2) I now nothing about a port to Napf as of now.

In case anybody is thinking of porting the mission to Napf. I ported it and it seems to work fine except the AI don't like driving across the bridges on the island. After going to to see if this was going to be fixed in an update I discovered the guy who had ported the island to Arma 3 had removed it from Steam workshop, closed the BI forum thread and has performed a bit of a vanishing act with the words '' haha get rekt :P" on the author website's shout box linked in armaholic. So I doubt a fix for it will be any time soon.

On 1/22/2017 at 9:10 AM, NeoArmageddon said:

It is possible but as I don't really play with RHS it is unlikely that I will add such a setup anytime soon. Feel free to modify the mission yourself.

Small tip: Resistance needs to be setup as east side in unitclasses and east as resistance.

Thanks for the tip, will any other files need modifying or is it just the unit classes and the playable group units? 

It's been a fair few years since I played around with mission design in ArmA so trying to catch up with all that's changed. 

config.sqf (correct sides), Unitclasses the player group and fn_Briefing.sqf and description.ext to reflect the changes you made (mission name etc).

5 hours ago, NeoArmageddon said:

config.sqf (correct sides), Unitclasses the player group and fn_Briefing.sqf and description.ext to reflect the changes you made (mission name etc).

Thanks. Sorry to be a pain, but I can't quite get this figured out (I'm way too out of practice). I thought I had it working ok, but when all players are dead I get an error related to fn_exit.sqf (see image) but I can't work out what dependency I'm missing, any ideas?

gUawGCP.jpg

I'm sure it's me missing something obvious, as I checked config.sqf, fn_briefing.sqf, and desciption.ext as you stated but couldn't find any side related statement that needed changing.

That happens from time to time. It is SQF not having real "undefined"-types for some stuff and if-statements not reacting correctly in response.

So: Not your fault and shouldn't do any harm.

I may write a workaround soon and patch it.

Is there a change log that is still being maintained?

What is the AT builds? Do they require a mod?

And I have noticed while playing the RHS Takistan mission that when you die in a vehicle you can't get pulled out of the vehicle for a revive, so you have to disconnect and reconnect.

12 minutes ago, Vigil Vindex said:

Is there a change log that is still being maintained?

What is the AT builds? Do they require a mod?

And I have noticed while playing the RHS Takistan mission that when you die in a vehicle you can't get pulled out of the vehicle for a revive, so you have to disconnect and reconnect.

Yes, in the bleeding edge folders is a changelog.txt

Squad internal builds, ignore them, you need would need several GB of stuff. It is mostly a mix of RHS and CUP with some other mods thrown in by Scruffy (we use this mostly to test new addons released).

It is not only on Takistan, I experimented with the new setUnconscious command by BI, but it has to many bugs in comparison to my own solution. It is reverted in build 90, which I just compiled (and didn't tested ;) )

Seems like build 90 is broken: Extraction markers will not appear. Please revert to previous version.

Just updating my situation: was able to fix the objects not visually spawning by launching CBA with -servermod instead of -mod

On 1/26/2017 at 6:41 PM, NeoArmageddon said:

It is not only on Takistan, I experimented with the new setUnconscious command by BI, but it has to many bugs in comparison to my own solution. It is reverted in build 90, which I just compiled (and didn't tested ;) )

Tested build 90 and 91 and still not able to pull downed teammates from vehicles.

On 30/11/2016 at 5:39 PM, BUTT FACE said:

I recieve a message saying "Scripts\DRN\VillageMarkers\InitVillageMarkers.sqf must be called before call to Scripts\DRN\VillagePatrols\InitVillagePatrols.sqf."

Ya, me too, except on a port I've done to Gorgona. (Don't ask why Gorgona, but from my testing it is fun and harder than you think!). @BUTT FACE, did you get this fixed? It appears while this error exists no AI will spawn in any village marker.

edit:

I noticed in the Villagemarkers.sqf, the following code:

a3e_villageMarkers set [0, [[1358.52,1601.1,0], 87.7737, ""RECTANGLE"", [116.083,164.119]]];

Is ""RECTANGLE"" correct from the rpt file? Should it be "RECTANGLE" instead? (single quotes)

what are the different symbols on the map meaning?

For example, I know the red one with the circle and arow up means mortar enplacement, but what do the others mean?

There are comcenter, ammo depot and mortar. I tried to use matching symbols to realword symbols where possible. The rest must be discovered by yourself ;)

Will try and test out build 92 later tonight. Just escaped Tanoa with build 91 earlier and had a problem with the extraction helicopters not leaving the area, they just waited around. Also noticed that the change log doesn't seem to mention what has changed recently. Is it just major updates that are put in the change log?

Changelog contain alls commit messages from our GIT. The update today was an attempt to fix the evac helis not starting. Happened to us aswell. Strange fact: That code didn't changed...