Hey All,

My group has been playing Escape on and off for a long time. We've been using 1.8 recently and find that it's nearly impossible to complete. It feels like the AI is just incredibly aggressive compared to 1.75 (not sure if it's version related, just a reference point). I've tried with and without ASR, Pooter's Enhanced ASR, and adjusting the values in those AI mods. Also, it feels like some of the mission parameters are not really making a difference. I can tell easily enough if the time or weather is honored, and it is, but for example the enemy helicopter always feels too aggressive. Like I said I can't quantify the parameters part but just in case this is a known issue thought I'd ask.

BTW this is running on a dedicated server.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, y_t said:

Hey All,

My group has been playing Escape on and off for a long time. We've been using 1.8 recently and find that it's nearly impossible to complete. It feels like the AI is just incredibly aggressive compared to 1.75 (not sure if it's version related, just a reference point). I've tried with and without ASR, Pooter's Enhanced ASR, and adjusting the values in those AI mods. Also, it feels like some of the mission parameters are not really making a difference. I can tell easily enough if the time or weather is honored, and it is, but for example the enemy helicopter always feels too aggressive. Like I said I can't quantify the parameters part but just in case this is a known issue thought I'd ask.

BTW this is running on a dedicated server.

I'd also like to add that 1.8 is waaaaaaay laggier then 1.7.5 i noticed a big performance difference between the two versions on both tanoa and altis it would really help if you could add in a view distance parameter it feels like its forced higher then it should be especially on tanoa a high view distance destroys your framerate

13 hours ago, Coul said:

I'd also like to add that 1.8 is waaaaaaay laggier then 1.7.5 i noticed a big performance difference between the two versions on both tanoa and altis it would really help if you could add in a view distance parameter it feels like its forced higher then it should be especially on tanoa a high view distance destroys your framerate

There were no difficulty adjustments between 1.7.5 and 1.8.

Also on my server/rig 1.8 feels less laggy than 1.7.5. Infact we added some performance improvements in 1.8.

Tanoa is something different, we tracked the poor performance down to AI pathfinding, not view distance.

• Like 1

Sorry if this has already been asked, I'm at work & using my phone, navigation on here is a nightmare. 

I'm looking to add some weapons mods, specifically NI arms. Adding the new weapons to the crates is easy enough, but I was wondering if it were possible to have AI spawn with randomly selected weapons from both CUP and NIA. I'm thinking units would have to be spawned with their default weapons, then have their gear wiped, and then finally be assigned new gear. Not really sure how to approach this, has anyone done something similar or have any ideas? 

I really appreciate any help. 

44 minutes ago, NeoArmageddon said:

Answered a few post before (see also the following posts): 

Okay, so not possible with the current system. In previous versions I edited the units' mods to accommodate the loadout changes, but that resulted in ~50GB worth of downloading for everyone any time I changed something, that and I had to re-sign the mods making them 99% redundant. 

Would that be something that could theoretically be scripted in? I want the keep the CUP units, but give them NIA weapons. 

Double thanks. 

12 minutes ago, NeoArmageddon said:

A config replacement is never more than a few kb and is all you need.

Wouldn't that invalidate the bikey? Or is there a way to out it in the mission.pbo to override the mod config? Sorry I'm not the most well versed in Arma code, but I use messing with escape to learn :p

Triple thanks! 

You can disable bikey check on your own server and/or upload your own keys.

3 minutes ago, NeoArmageddon said:

You can disable bikey check on your own server and/or upload your own keys.

I can, but that was the problem before. This is to be a public dedicated server, I need it to be at least semi secure, and I can't expect people to download my specific renditions of various mods just for the few kbs worth of changes. 

I read a thing saying that I could take the config.bin from the CUP units I'm using, copy it into it's own mod folder, debin into config.cpp, edit the loadouts as i see fit, rebin as config.bin and load it as a separate mod, overriding the original loadouts.

1) does this sound even remotely proper?

2) when trying to convert cpp to bin i get the following error: Cannot open rule file binMakeRules.txt. Error in rules.

I made super sure everything was where it should be, and nothing really looks out of place. I tried unpacking a random and working bin file, and repacking it without making any edits just as a test, the error persisted. Not sure where to go from here.

Thoughts?

thankyou.

On 12/6/2016 at 4:16 AM, OmenLW said:
I am receiving tons of error messages in my log files. These files can grow to double or triple digit MB in size. What can I do to resolve these errors?

12:45:52 Error in expression <_unit = _units select 0;
_group = group _unit;

_group
};

drn_fnc_Escape_Create>
12:45:52   Error position: <_unit;

_group
};

drn_fnc_Escape_Create>
12:45:52   Error Undefined variable in expression: _unit
12:45:52 File mpmissions\__cur_mp.Tanoa\Scripts\Escape\Functions.sqf, line 271
12:45:52 Error in expression <
_dir = random 360;

_refPosX = ((getPos _refUnit) select 0) + (_minSpawnDistance>
12:45:52   Error position: <_refUnit) select 0) + (_minSpawnDistance>
12:45:52   Error Undefined variable in expression: _refunit
12:45:52 File mpmissions\__cur_mp.Tanoa\Scripts\Escape\Functions.sqf, line 636
12:45:52 Error in expression <
_dir = random 360;

12:54:55   Error position: <_refUnit) select 0) + (_minSpawnDistance>
12:54:55   Error Undefined variable in expression: _refunit
12:54:55 File mpmissions\__cur_mp.Tanoa\functions\DRN\fn_RoadBlocks.sqf, line 44
12:54:48 Error in expression < count _possibleInfantryTypes);

_group createUnit [_infantryType, _spawnPos, []>
12:54:48   Error position: <createUnit [_infantryType, _spawnPos, []>
12:54:48   Error Type Number,Not a Number, expected Number
12:54:48 File mpmissions\__cur_mp.Tanoa\functions\DRN\fn_AmbientInfantry.sqf, line 129

Just noticed that I'm also getting this error, came home from work tonight with a 6gb log file haha.

Hi

When I play this mission, I ( the host ) spawn in fine however the people that are in my server either spawn parachuting in the ground and then die, or spawn in the debug area and cant move.

Anyone have any ideas at all>?

8 minutes ago, toca349 said:

Hi

When I play this mission, I ( the host ) spawn in fine however the people that are in my server either spawn parachuting in the ground and then die, or spawn in the debug area and cant move.

Anyone have any ideas at all>?

Use a dedicated server (can locally start one in the brackground with -server).

First of all, what a great mission. I stumbled across it by chance, and we're playing it regularly now. Thank you so much, guys!

Since we keep our server open to anyone, random people join in. Some of them do not stick together. Sometimes only these random people are the last ones alive. It can be quite frustrating not being able to talk on voice chat when unconscious, because you can't direct them to your bodies for a revive.

For some reason some players can still talk when unconscious, and some not. I wanted to ask whether it is possible to enable voice talk in-game also when unconscious in general?

6 hours ago, pophase said:

For some reason some players can still talk when unconscious, and some not. I wanted to ask whether it is possible to enable voice talk in-game also when unconscious in general?

Difficulty but possible. I will see what I can to about it in the next patch.

• Like 1

The tips and tricks for porting links on page one don't seem to be working for me. The link to Scruffy's porting tips does nothing when clicked and redirects back to page one of this thread when opened in another tab. The Ace link when clicked just redirects back to page one too. Would you have the url to Scruffys porting tips please?

8:08:48 Error in expression <
_dir = random 360;
 8:08:48   Error position: <_refUnit) select 0) + (_minSpawnDistance>
 8:08:48   Error Undefined variable in expression: _refunit
 8:08:48 File mpmissions\__cur_mp.Chernarus\functions\DRN\fn_RoadBlocks.sqf, line 44

Because of the error I was getting I mentioned in an earlier post I switched from CUP to RHS. Strangely I'm getting this somewhat similar error and the same rapidly expanding log files, as the above error message is being spammed repeatedly in the rpt. Aside from the jail guards, nothing is spawning..

7 hours ago, DPM said:

The tips and tricks for porting links on page one don't seem to be working for me. The link to Scruffy's porting tips does nothing when clicked and redirects back to page one of this thread when opened in another tab. The Ace link when clicked just redirects back to page one too. Would you have the url to Scruffys porting tips please?

It is on the first page of this thread :D

4 hours ago, dj3hac said:

8:08:48 Error in expression <
_dir = random 360;
 8:08:48   Error position: <_refUnit) select 0) + (_minSpawnDistance>
 8:08:48   Error Undefined variable in expression: _refunit
 8:08:48 File mpmissions\__cur_mp.Chernarus\functions\DRN\fn_RoadBlocks.sqf, line 44

Because of the error I was getting I mentioned in an earlier post I switched from CUP to RHS. Strangely I'm getting this somewhat similar error and the same rapidly expanding log files, as the above error message is being spammed repeatedly in the rpt. Aside from the jail guards, nothing is spawning..

Did you edited the user config? In most cases this message (and no AI spawning) is related to a typo in the UnitClasses.sqf.

But in other news: I may accidentally stumbled upon the reason why self-hosted sessions don't work and spawns other players in mid air: https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/allPlayers See the note. BIIIIIIIIIIS!

50 minutes ago, NeoArmageddon said:

Did you edited the user config? In most cases this message (and no AI spawning) is related to a typo in the UnitClasses.sqf.

No, haven't touched it.

extras I'm running: Enhanced movement, script to replace non-enterable Chernarus buildings with Arma 3 enterables, a stripped down version of the Exile status bar (eventually want this to display some stats like kills, health, etc and i have a watermark with a small logo in the bottom left corner. All of that stuff is working as it should and the error still occurs without any it at all.

Specific terrains? We recently run into problems with non-united Sahrani.

All other setups work fine on mine (and my squads) end. Are you at 1.8.0 Dev?

There is now a build with some changes and fixes in the bleeding edge repo. Direct link

I tried to fix the rpt spam from some (non-game-breaking) bugs, made some slight adjustments to the Revive (now using BI ragdoll instead of my scripted one) and made some performance improvements (mainly by using never, engineside commands).

Please report any bugs here and sent me any server RPT (or better parts of it) with scripterrors.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NeoArmageddon said:

There is now a build with some changes and fixes in the bleeding edge repo. Direct link

I tried to fix the rpt spam from some (non-game-breaking) bugs, made some slight adjustments to the Revive (now using BI ragdoll instead of my scripted one) and made some performance improvements (mainly by using never, engineside commands).

Please report any bugs here and sent me any server RPT (or better parts of it) with scripterrors.

The error is still repeating when using the bleeding edge, with no adjustments.

My RPT

12 hours ago, NeoArmageddon said:

It is on the first page of this thread :D

I know that lol, I said it in the post. But it's broken for me and does nothing when I click on it (tried other browsers) and only links back to the same page when I right click  and ''open link in a new tab'' or ''copy link location'' and paste it into an address bar.

8 hours ago, dj3hac said:

The error is still repeating when using the bleeding edge, with no adjustments.

My RPT

I really can't reproduce this on my end. It looks like to player is defined at all. In the newest build I switched from "allPlayers" to "playableUnits", that always worked for me (and most other).

Can you check these commands in the ingame console when your server starts the mission? Best before the black Escape loading screen is gone.

I am quite sure (by the look at your rpt) the problem is not the mission or it scripting itself.

2 hours ago, DPM said:

I know that lol, I said it in the post. But it's broken for me and does nothing when I click on it (tried other browsers) and only links back to the same page when I right click  and ''open link in a new tab'' or ''copy link location'' and paste it into an address bar.

No, you didn't lol. The porting post is on the first page aswell! The link is working just your browser doesn't autoscroll. It is the 11th post, first page.