Great mission. Sorry for the stupid question but, the latest version is 1.7.5? The Altis server I play on has the maps disappearing when people JIP. Looking at this thread it was mentioned in August and a reply was made to put in a bug report. Over there it's stated also in August ''Already fixed in 1.8.0''. So that means it's been fixed and will work in the next released....right?...or am I missing an obvious updated download link somewhere?

Have a look at the first page/post. Theere is a link to the development version. 1.8.0 is there.

Is there a custom World War 2 Version (one side for the Nazi Germans and the other for the allies (Russia/ U.S.A/ and/or Britain) of the Escape mission (there was one in ArmA 2) that I could download and I was wondering when the new update is for the escape mission in general with all its new addons and such?

Quoted from Armaholic: "For the next month (pretty sure it has been a few months (implying I don't know when the last update was) we plan among other things:"

• Fixing the drowning issue.
  • Reworking the roadblocks.
  • Reworking the boats (also we want to add civilian boats)
  • Adding different base layouts for ammo depots and comcenters.
  • Adding the crashsite start.
  • Merging more scripts from the 2.0 branch (Ambient Inf, Military Traffic, ...).
  • Adding the new DLC.
  • More awesome stuff
  • Like 2

Have a look at the first page/post. Theere is a link to the development version. 1.8.0 is there.

Couldn't see the forest for all the trees, thanks for that and the continued mod work.

• Fixing the drowning issue.
  • Reworking the roadblocks.
  • Reworking the boats (also we want to add civilian boats)
  • Adding different base layouts for ammo depots and comcenters.
  • Adding the crashsite start.
  • Merging more scripts from the 2.0 branch (Ambient Inf, Military Traffic, ...).
  • Adding the new DLC.
  • More awesome stuff

The quote is approx. 1-2 years old now. All the stuff is already in.

There is no WW2 mission set as of know (AFAIK) but you can simply make one yourself and share it here, if you want ;)

There is no WW2 mission set as of know (AFAIK) but you can simply make one yourself and share it here, if you want ;)

Ah. Okay. Thank you. I probably just have an old version of the mission. Another question. Is there any future plans/improvements, like adding more mods/add-ons to the escape mission? For example: HLC/NIarms compatability, Having civilians roam cities, store guerilla weapon caches and possibly even trade with them by selling/buying guns and equipment you get from dead soldiers, etc..... I do not know if these are already compatible or if there is a way to make it compatible. Thank you.

I am receiving tons of error messages in my log files. These files can grow to double or triple digit MB in size. What can I do to resolve these errors?

12:45:52 Error in expression <_unit = _units select 0;
_group = group _unit;

_group
};

drn_fnc_Escape_Create>
12:45:52   Error position: <_unit;

_group
};

drn_fnc_Escape_Create>
12:45:52   Error Undefined variable in expression: _unit
12:45:52 File mpmissions\__cur_mp.Tanoa\Scripts\Escape\Functions.sqf, line 271
12:45:52 Error in expression <
_dir = random 360;

_refPosX = ((getPos _refUnit) select 0) + (_minSpawnDistance>
12:45:52   Error position: <_refUnit) select 0) + (_minSpawnDistance>
12:45:52   Error Undefined variable in expression: _refunit
12:45:52 File mpmissions\__cur_mp.Tanoa\Scripts\Escape\Functions.sqf, line 636
12:45:52 Error in expression <
_dir = random 360;

_refPosX = ((getPos _refUnit) select 0) + (_minSpawnDistance>
12:54:55   Error position: <_refUnit) select 0) + (_minSpawnDistance>
12:54:55   Error Undefined variable in expression: _refunit
12:54:55 File mpmissions\__cur_mp.Tanoa\functions\DRN\fn_RoadBlocks.sqf, line 44
12:54:48 Error in expression < count _possibleInfantryTypes);

_group createUnit [_infantryType, _spawnPos, []>
12:54:48   Error position: <createUnit [_infantryType, _spawnPos, []>
12:54:48   Error Type Number,Not a Number, expected Number
12:54:48 File mpmissions\__cur_mp.Tanoa\functions\DRN\fn_AmbientInfantry.sqf, line 129

Any news on updates, code optimizations or anything for this mission? there hasn't been a nightly update in months and i don't know where to go to check-up on this mission

5 hours ago, Coul said:

Any news on updates, code optimizations or anything for this mission? there hasn't been a nightly update in months and i don't know where to go to check-up on this mission

There hasn't been done much on 1.8.0 codewise and I didn't got around to make a proper release yet. Hopefully around the holidays.

• Like 2

Are you going to be doing an Iron Front version anytime in the future? I think it would be a good change of pace.

• Like 1

Where and how can I get the stuff I would use to make this mission work with other item/clothing/vehicle mods?

Any recommended programs I should use?

You need to customize the UnitClasses.sqf. For this you need:

1. A text editor like Notepad
  2. Basic understanding of SQF (Arrays, local and global variables)
  3. The list of classnames from the addon you want to include.
  • Like 1

On ‎12‎/‎19‎/‎2016 at 8:46 AM, NeoArmageddon said:

You need to customize the UnitClasses.sqf. For this you need:

1. A text editor like Notepad
  2. Basic understanding of SQF (Arrays, local and global variables)

Where do I find the UnitClasses.sqf? I'm pretty new to this stuff. In fact I have no experience whatsoever and I just want to have a personal version of Escape to share with other people who want to try different versions.

11 hours ago, TheSurvivorOfZeds said:

Where do I find the UnitClasses.sqf? I'm pretty new to this stuff. In fact I have no experience whatsoever and I just want to have a personal version of Escape to share with other people who want to try different versions.

I think explaining this here is beyond the scope of this thread and trying to edit missions without any experience (especially script heavy missions like escape) will most likely result in a broken mission. I recommend you read up about the following topics:

Packing and unpacking PBOs, basic mission scripting, SQF syntax. The first place to look is here: http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Main_Page

On 04/10/2016 at 4:18 PM, NeoArmageddon said:

@callmesarge: Yes, please upload.

Also I changed some stuff with the mission compiler. Addind your mission.sqms to the CI may be easier now.

Hi Neo and Scruf, sorry this has taken me a while to get to but here it is. Assume this is ok to post here, I can take down if not. Not sure how to add to the CI though? Anyway ho ho ho merry early Christmas etc

LhAPQwF.png

Two different missions, one for RyanZombies and one for Bad benson's Raptors and Zombies. Please note the War Torn setting must be applied for this mission to work as intended. I also chucked in the Monsoon script by aliascartoons  as it makes me laugh when the squad is wiped by a flying MRAP.

co10_Escape_Vanilla_Apex_RyanZombies.Tanoa

Requires CBA and RyanZombies

This mission uses spawner modules to chuck out hoards of zombies at once. Be prepared to face the hard-to-kill demons as well.

co10_Escape_Vanilla_Apex_raptors.Tanoa

Requires CBA and BB Raptors & Zombies & more

This mission uses the agent module to constantly spawn zombies and raptors around the player. Stay hidden and remember - the raptors are attracted to the sound of gunfire, and are pretty hard to kill!

15 hours ago, NeoArmageddon said:

I think explaining this here is beyond the scope of this thread and trying to edit missions without any experience (especially script heavy missions like escape) will most likely result in a broken mission. I recommend you read up about the following topics:

Packing and unpacking PBOs, basic mission scripting, SQF syntax. The first place to look is here: http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Main_Page

K, thanks for the reply. I'll see what I can figure out with it.

For version 1.8.0 what does the new motor pool parameter do exactly, and why is the weather always foggy when it is set to dynamic?(on RHS-US altis)

13 hours ago, Coul said:

For version 1.8.0 what does the new motor pool parameter do exactly, and why is the weather always foggy when it is set to dynamic?(on RHS-US altis)

Motor pool enables the placement of a fourth type of enemy base (made by FrozenLiquidity): A Large base with a bunch of cars (Ural, UAZ, Humvee, etc) and a single, damaged tank that needs to be repaired first.

Regarding the fog: No idea actually. That happened somewhere between the two lasts A3 updates. I didn't got around to tweak the dynamic weather params accordingly yet.

• Like 1

On 21.12.2016 at 1:07 PM, callmesarge said:

Assume this is ok to post here, I can take down if not. Not sure how to add to the CI though?

It is okay ;)

CI is trickier, but we made some changes that should simplify adding different mission.sqms to the compiler.

• Like 1

Hey again, where did you guys find the weapon and mag names for the ammo crates like:

a3e_arr_PrisonBackpackWeapons pushback ["hgun_PDW2000_F","30Rnd_9x21_Mag"];

Are they the .paa or the .p3d file names?

I'm going to attempt to switch this weapon out with the RHS MP7.

Neither, it's the classname. Everything in that file is classnames, that's the name the game knows the units/weapons by. Don't know how to properly describe it, see BIKI Class Inheritance and example BIS A3 Classes for weapons maybe.

Easiest way to find them for

Units and vehicles: Go to the editor, the tooltip over a unit will show the classname. Mark the unit (or more of them) -> rightclick -> Log -> Log classes to clipboard

Weapons, ammo and gear: Virtual Arsenal (or editor -> Edit loadout) -> give stuff to unit -> click "Export"

Now you can copy the stuff into a new temp document, for example the exported loadout looks like this:

Spoiler

comment "Exported from Arsenal by Scruffy";

comment "Remove existing items";
removeAllWeapons this;
removeAllItems this;
removeAllAssignedItems this;
removeUniform this;
removeVest this;
removeBackpack this;
removeHeadgear this;
removeGoggles this;

comment "Add containers";
this forceAddUniform "ibr_cec_armyw_uniform";
this addItemToUniform "FirstAidKit";
this addItemToUniform "HandGrenade";
this addItemToUniform "Chemlight_green";
this addItemToUniform "rhsusf_mag_40Rnd_46x30_FMJ";
this addVest "V_HarnessO_brn";
this addItemToVest "HandGrenade";
for "_i" from 1 to 2 do {this addItemToVest "rhsusf_mag_40Rnd_46x30_FMJ";};
for "_i" from 1 to 2 do {this addItemToVest "rhsusf_mag_40Rnd_46x30_JHP";};
for "_i" from 1 to 4 do {this addItemToVest "rhsusf_mag_40Rnd_46x30_AP";};
this addHeadgear "H_HelmetCrew_I";

comment "Add weapons";
this addWeapon "rhsusf_weap_MP7A1_winter";
this addPrimaryWeaponItem "rhsusf_acc_anpeq15side_bk";
this addPrimaryWeaponItem "optic_Aco";

comment "Add items";
this linkItem "ItemMap";
this linkItem "ItemCompass";
this linkItem "Itemwatch";
this linkItem "ItemRadio";

comment "Set identity";
this setFace "Zee_White_Head_20";
this setSpeaker "Male05ENG";

Here you can pick the classname of weapon (here: rhsusf_weap_MP7A1_winter) and ammo (here 3 types rhsusf_mag_40Rnd_46x30_XXX)

• Like 1

Here's a screenshot of the MP7 I added in the starter backpack for the replacement of the PDW 2000.

"MP7A1 successfully inserted into starter backpack"

How do I change/add new unit loadouts? Is it kind of the same system with the weapons? All I need to know is how to export a custom unit loadout and how to name and apply it to an enemy soldier in the UnitClasses random enemy array.

"// Random array. General infantry types. E.g. village patrols, ambient infantry, ammo depot guards, communication center guards, etc.
a3e_arr_Escape_InfantryTypes = [
 "rhsusf_army_ocp_officer"
 ,"rhsusf_army_ocp_squadleader"
 ,"rhsusf_army_ocp_teamleader"
 ,"rhsusf_army_ocp_engineer"
 ,"rhsusf_army_ocp_engineer"
 ,"rhsusf_army_ocp_medic"
 ,"rhsusf_army_ocp_medic"
 ,"rhsusf_army_ocp_rifleman"
 ,"rhsusf_army_ocp_riflemanl"
 ,"rhsusf_army_ocp_grenadier"
 ,"rhsusf_army_ocp_machinegunner"
 ,"rhsusf_army_ocp_machinegunnera"
 ,"rhsusf_army_ocp_riflemanat"
 ,"rhsusf_army_ocp_explosives"
 ,"rhsusf_army_ocp_marksman"
 ,"rhsusf_army_ocp_aa"
 ,"rhsusf_army_ocp_javelin"
 ,"rhsusf_army_ocp_autorifleman"
 ,"rhsusf_army_ocp_autoriflemana"
 ,"rhsusf_army_ocp_rifleman_m4"
 ,"rhsusf_army_ocp_rifleman_m16"
 ,"rhsusf_army_ocp_rifleman_m590"];
a3e_arr_Escape_InfantryTypes_Ind = [
 "rhsusf_usmc_marpat_wd_officer"
 ,"rhsusf_usmc_marpat_wd_squadleader"
 ,"rhsusf_usmc_marpat_wd_teamleader"
 ,"rhsusf_usmc_marpat_wd_rifleman"
 ,"rhsusf_usmc_marpat_wd_rifleman_m4"
 ,"rhsusf_usmc_marpat_wd_rifleman_m590"
 ,"rhsusf_usmc_marpat_wd_rifleman_light"
 ,"rhsusf_usmc_marpat_wd_autorifleman"
 ,"rhsusf_navy_marpat_wd_medic"
 ,"rhsusf_usmc_marpat_wd_engineer"
 ,"rhsusf_usmc_marpat_wd_explosives"
 ,"rhsusf_usmc_marpat_wd_grenadier"
 ,"rhsusf_usmc_marpat_wd_javelin"
 ,"rhsusf_usmc_marpat_wd_marksman"
 ,"rhsusf_usmc_marpat_wd_riflemanat"
 ,"rhsusf_usmc_marpat_wd_stinger"
 ,"rhsusf_usmc_marpat_wd_autorifleman_m249_ass"
 ,"rhsusf_usmc_marpat_wd_jfo"];
a3e_arr_recon_InfantryTypes = [
 "rhsusf_socom_marsoc_teamleader"
 ,"rhsusf_socom_marsoc_teamchief"
 ,"rhsusf_socom_marsoc_elementleader"
 ,"rhsusf_socom_marsoc_cso_mechanic"
 ,"rhsusf_socom_marsoc_marksman"
 ,"rhsusf_socom_marsoc_cso_cqb"
 ,"rhsusf_socom_marsoc_cso_breacher"
 ,"rhsusf_socom_marsoc_cso_light"
 ,"rhsusf_socom_marsoc_cso"
 ,"rhsusf_navy_marpat_wd_medic"];
a3e_arr_recon_I_InfantryTypes = [
 "rhsusf_usmc_fr_marpat_wd_squadleader"
 ,"rhsusf_usmc_fr_marpat_wd_teamleader"
 ,"rhsusf_usmc_fr_marpat_wd_engineer"
 ,"rhsusf_usmc_fr_marpat_wd_marksman"
 ,"rhsusf_usmc_fr_marpat_wd_machinegunner"
 ,"rhsusf_usmc_fr_marpat_wd_riflemanat"
 ,"rhsusf_usmc_fr_marpat_wd_rifleman_cqb"
 ,"rhsusf_usmc_fr_marpat_wd_light"
 ,"rhsusf_usmc_fr_marpat_wd_rifleman"
 ,"rhsusf_navy_marpat_wd_medic"];"

That doesn't work with the current system, sorry. The game will randomly choose from the soldier classname and spawn it with the standard loadout it has (only removing maps/compass and optics most of the time, and sometimes adding one from the a3e_arr_Scopes array)

If there is no predefined unit with the loadout you want you can only add the weapon to ammo boxes in the ammo camps or to random civilian cars.

You can also define a new unit in a small addon, but that's opening a whole other can of worms and everyone that plays the mission would need that addon.

16 hours ago, scruffy said:

That doesn't work with the current system, sorry. The game will randomly choose from the soldier classname and spawn it with the standard loadout it has (only removing maps/compass and optics most of the time, and sometimes adding one from the a3e_arr_Scopes array)

If there is no predefined unit with the loadout you want you can only add the weapon to ammo boxes in the ammo camps or to random civilian cars.

You can also define a new unit in a small addon, but that's opening a whole other can of worms and everyone that plays the mission would need that addon.

Darn. Oh well. I mean I usually only play missions solo and only rarely does my little bro play with me. So I don't think people needing the add-on should be a problem for me. I would put myself through the trouble to try something to get the perfect escape mission that would fit my and maybe even others standards. :)

And how can I add attachments to the weapons in the starting backpack (like suppressors and sights)?

3 hours ago, TheSurvivorOfZeds said:

And how can I add attachments to the weapons in the starting backpack (like suppressors and sights)?

You need matching weapon classnames for this. For exmaple BI provides different classnames of every weapon with different "default" attachments. We decided to use a classname based system in favor of complete randomization for the shake of realism and immersion (so it will be less likely to encounter enemy snipers with a pistol and 24x scope and this kind of stuff).

For customization you won't get around your own addon that simply defines new loadouts for units and new default attachment for weapons.