It doesn't affect anything besides AI skill (varying from 0.1 to 0.5 for general patrols AFAIK).

thanks my dude, one more question do you plan on ever implementing the 9m79b, 9m79-1-k and 9m79-1-f from rhs as something the enemies can use? like this could be another option like the "death in fire" artillery setting.

do you plan on ever implementing the 9m79b, 9m79-1-k and 9m79-1-f from rhs as something the enemies can use? like this could be another option like the "death in fire" artillery setting.

That is up to the people mantaining the RHS configs (AFAIK dystopian?).

NeoArmageddon

I hope you understand that techrax is talking about tactical missile (including with nuclear warhead)?

About implementing: maybe someday. We'll have to rewrite artillery template and to have some work with RHS scripts. I don't have such plans at the moment.

NeoArmageddon

I hope you understand that techrax is talking about tactical missile (including with nuclear warhead)?

About implementing: maybe someday. We'll have to rewrite artillery template and to have some work with RHS scripts. I don't have such plans at the moment.

ok but if you do decide to implement it i'd recommend "nuclear holocaust" for the name of the parameter/option to enable it :^) 

Neo -  We love this mission on Tenoa. I set up a dedicated server just to play it with my brother and friends.  I'm not too savvy on mission editing and also use TADST for easier server setup.  I've been doing some searching on these boards on how to get the Massi nato_rus mod to work and I have no clue what I'm doing.  We're getting tired of the same AK's, M249 and CAR9.5's in the mission and want to mix it up.  Can anyone point me in the direction to get this mod incorporated so the enemy drop a bigger assortment of weapons?

Kind Regards

Neo -  We love this mission on Tenoa. I set up a dedicated server just to play it with my brother and friends.  I'm not too savvy on mission editing and also use TADST for easier server setup.  I've been doing some searching on these boards on how to get the Massi nato_rus mod to work and I have no clue what I'm doing.  We're getting tired of the same AK's, M249 and CAR9.5's in the mission and want to mix it up.  Can anyone point me in the direction to get this mod incorporated so the enemy drop a bigger assortment of weapons?

Kind Regards

The missions are fixed in their used loadouts. When you don't want the Vanilla but mod weapons, you have to select another mission with a different modset. AFAIK for Tanoa there is just Vanilla Apex and CUP right now. But more will come when me and Scruffy get around to add more.

Hello!
Your mission are awesome but i want to implement one more thing for my team. We want to use ACE medicine instead of ingame one. But when we play this mission with ace mod it does not recognize the damage. I think maybe you implemented some damage detection system that can conflict with ace. Can you give me a tip what i need to change or disable to get my ace medicine work.

Thanks

I think maybe you implemented some damage detection system that can conflict with ace. Can you give me a tip what i need to change or disable to get my ace medicine work.

Search this thread. Someone already made a ACE compatible version and posted infos of how to make your own.

Hey...I've tried to google this and I started trying to look through all the comments here but there's just too many... :/

Are there any more hidden custom keybindings like control+r to show ammunition in magazine? Could all those be shown somewhere in the Briefing for example?

AND MOST IMPORTANTLY; How the hell do I use bandage (basic), morphine autoinjectors, blood bags and so on? I am playing the medic class already

Thanks so much for any response (please be as elaborate as possible :D )

What? 

Escape is a mission. What you describe sounds more like you are playing with ACE or something like that. There are no morphine injectors, badages, etc in this mission. Also no keybindings.

Hey...I've tried to google this and I started trying to look through all the comments here but there's just too many... :/

Are there any more hidden custom keybindings like control+r to show ammunition in magazine? Could all those be shown somewhere in the Briefing for example?

AND MOST IMPORTANTLY; How the hell do I use bandage (basic), morphine autoinjectors, blood bags and so on? I am playing the medic class already

Thanks so much for any response (please be as elaborate as possible :D )

What Neo said, that's a mod issue not a mission issue. Ctrl + R is an ACE keybinding, morphine + bloodbags are ACE items.

http://ace3mod.com/wiki/feature/medical-system.html#overview

Aaah I see! Disabled it and finally looting FAKs instead  :D . But then my question is what is the difference of using a medic/corpsman role? Is it if you find a medkit you can heal smaller amounts of damage and that stuff like normal?

Aaah I see! Disabled it and finally looting FAKs instead  :D . But then my question is what is the difference of using a medic/corpsman role? Is it if you find a medkit you can heal smaller amounts of damage and that stuff like normal?

In vanilla Arma only the Medic/Corpsman can use a MedKit to heal other players. The FAK can be used by everyone but it never heals to 100% and it also can't be applied if your health is too low.

In addition in Escape the Medic does not need a FAK to revive a player to full health. If a normal player revives someone without using a FAK, the revived player will have under 80% health.

Hello!

Your mission are awesome but i want to implement one more thing for my team. We want to use ACE medicine instead of ingame one. But when we play this mission with ace mod it does not recognize the damage. I think maybe you implemented some damage detection system that can conflict with ace. Can you give me a tip what i need to change or disable to get my ace medicine work.

Thanks

FWIW the instructions by Belbo are still fairly good. The first edit has changed slightly, in the bleeding edge pbo at least, it's line 17. The second step is the same. Just chuck down your ACE modules as appropriate and you should be good to go. The same caveat about being quick and dirty changes applies.

if !(isClass(configFile >> "CfgPatches" >> "ACE_Medical")) then { call ATR_FNC_ReviveInit; };

It's actually not that difficult to use ace_medical instead of the native revive-system. The end triggers don't fire of course, but that's just in case everyone is unconscious - in which case you can end your mission manually from the developers console or via admin command. It's vitaly important to disable the native revive-system. Otherwise, as NeoArmageddon wrote, the HandleDamageEHs will get in conflict with each other.

First edit line 12 in the initPlayerLocal.sqf:

if !(isClass(configFile >> "CfgPatches" >> "ACE_Medical")) then { call compile preprocessFile "Revive\reviveInit.sqf"; };

Then put this at the end of the initPlayerLocal.sqf before the waituntil{sleep 0.5;!isNil("A3E_EscapeHasStarted")};

if (isClass(configFile >> "CfgPatches" >> "ACE_Hearing")) then {

player addItem "ACE_EarPlugs";

};

if (isClass(configFile >> "CfgPatches" >> "ACE_Medical")) then {

_ACE_Items = ["ACE_atropine","ACE_fieldDressing","ACE_elasticBandage","ACE_quikclot","ACE_bloodIV","ACE_bloodIV_500","ACE_bloodIV_250","ACE_bodyBag","ACE_epinephrine","ACE_morphine","ACE_packingBandage","ACE_personalAidKit","ACE_plasmaIV","ACE_plasmaIV_500","ACE_plasmaIV_250","ACE_salineIV","ACE_salineIV_500","ACE_salineIV_250","ACE_surgicalKit","ACE_tourniquet"];

{player removeItems _x} forEach _ACE_Items;

if ( (missionnamespace getVariable ["ace_medical_level",2]) > 1 || (missionnamespace getVariable ["ace_medical_medicSetting",2]) > 1 ) then {

for "_i" from 1 to 4 do {player addItem "ACE_fieldDressing";};

for "_i" from 1 to 4 do {player addItem "ACE_packingBandage";};

for "_i" from 1 to 4 do    {player addItem "ACE_elasticBandage";};

for "_i" from 1 to 6 do {player addItem "ACE_quikclot";};

if !(str player == "p10") then {

for "_i" from 1 to 2 do {player addItem "ACE_morphine";};

for "_i" from 1 to 1 do {player addItem "ACE_epinephrine";};

} else {

for "_i" from 1 to 4 do {player addItem "ACE_morphine";};

for "_i" from 1 to 4 do {player addItem "ACE_epinephrine";};

for "_i" from 1 to 1 do {player addItem "ACE_personalAidKit";};

for "_i" from 1 to 1 do {player addItem "ACE_surgicalKit";};

for "_i" from 1 to 2 do {player addItem "ACE_salineIV";};

};

for "_i" from 1 to 2 do {player addItem "ACE_tourniquet";};

} else {

for "_i" from 1 to 10 do {player addItem "ACE_fieldDressing";};

if !(str player == "p10") then {

for "_i" from 1 to 2 do {player addItem "ACE_morphine";};

for "_i" from 1 to 2 do {player addItem "ACE_epinephrine";};

} else {

for "_i" from 1 to 4 do {player addItem "ACE_morphine";};

for "_i" from 1 to 4 do {player addItem "ACE_epinephrine";};

for "_i" from 1 to 2 do {player addItem "ACE_bloodIV";};

};

};

};

if (isClass(configFile >> "CfgPatches" >> "ACE_common")) then {

if (str player == "p3") then {player setVariable ["ACE_isEOD",true];player setVariable ["ACE_isEngineer",true];};

if (str player == "p10") then {player setVariable ["ACE_medical_medicClass", 2, true];};

};

The amount of items can of course be altered. If you want to be able to edit the ace settings, refer to the ace settings framework.

That's the way we've been playing escape for quite some time and it works pretty well.

Thanks for digging this up T.Fork. Maybe I should add a link to the first page ;)

Only if you don't want to keep answering the same question for eternity.  :)

Hi I have a couple of issues happening with my servers.

I have a development server and a production (live) server. (co10 Escape 1.8.0)

On my dev server everything appears to be working fine. On my production server, the AI kill each other. They are freaking out and kill each other and also players. 

I have copied the PBOs from the dev server to the prod server and the files match (in mpmissions folder) but they still kill each other on only the production server. 

This happens on all 3 maps that we run; Altis, Stratis and Tanoa.

Do you have any ideas why this might be happening? Are there any files that could affect this outside of the mpmissions folder?

On another note, I am also receiving tons of error messages that look to be unrelated as they are appearing on both dev and prod servers.

12:45:52 Error in expression <_unit = _units select 0;
_group = group _unit;

_group
};

drn_fnc_Escape_Create>
12:45:52   Error position: <_unit;

_group
};

drn_fnc_Escape_Create>
12:45:52   Error Undefined variable in expression: _unit
12:45:52 File mpmissions\__cur_mp.Tanoa\Scripts\Escape\Functions.sqf, line 271
12:45:52 Error in expression <
_dir = random 360;
_refPosX = ((getPos _refUnit) select 0) + (_minSpawnDistance>
12:45:52   Error position: <_refUnit) select 0) + (_minSpawnDistance>
12:45:52   Error Undefined variable in expression: _refunit
12:45:52 File mpmissions\__cur_mp.Tanoa\Scripts\Escape\Functions.sqf, line 636
_dir = random 360;
_dir = random 360;
12:54:55 Error in expression <
_dir = random 360;
12:54:55   Error position: <_refUnit) select 0) + (_minSpawnDistance>
12:54:55   Error Undefined variable in expression: _refunit
12:54:55 File mpmissions\__cur_mp.Tanoa\functions\DRN\fn_RoadBlocks.sqf, line 44
12:54:48 Error in expression < count _possibleInfantryTypes);

_group createUnit [_infantryType, _spawnPos, []>
12:54:48   Error position: <createUnit [_infantryType, _spawnPos, []>
12:54:48   Error Type Number,Not a Number, expected Number
12:54:48 File mpmissions\__cur_mp.Tanoa\functions\DRN\fn_AmbientInfantry.sqf, line 129

And more. I can post the exact errors if needed.

Any help would be appreciated as we love this mission!

Dumb question, but when you say killing each other, do you mean two AI in the same side/same squad are fighting, or it's CSAT/AAF Vs FIA?

e: only asking because there's a mission parameter in escape about CSAT\AAF Vs FIA Vs Players, it could be enabled on the production server and disabled on the dev server.

It looks like the same squad. As soon as the server starts, we hear gunfire. The guards at the prison don't kill each other but when we run up to gunfire, there is usually just one guy alive, like he went nuts and killed all his mates. The same happens at objectives. It also looks like they all shoot at AI choppers too.

Where would the setting be to adjust this? 

Still messing with the Zombies version. Still cannot bloody get off tanoa. I will make an edit of this for release in December hopefully, time permitting.

• Like 1

Hi guys!

First: I'm super impressed by Neo and Scruffy's support for these missions.

Second: I'm 95% finished porting a CUP-US mission to the Lingor map. Everything seems right, except upon starting a game, I recieve a message saying "Scripts\DRN\VillageMarkers\InitVillageMarkers.sqf must be called before call to Scripts\DRN\VillagePatrols\InitVillagePatrols.sqf." 

I understand what it's saying, and can find the .sqf files and follow the code for the most part, and this is probably an easy fix, but I cannot figure out what's wrong. I've inserted my own village marker placement code from the .rpt file and cleaned it up accordingly. I'm not sure where I went wrong. Would you have any advice?

Thanks!

*Edit- I'm looking around in the Init .sqf files trying to figure out if a call to these files is commented out or something.. I'm hesitant to mess around too much. with unfamiliar code.

Check your RPT. Most likely the "Island\VillageMarkers.sqf" can't be loaded/has an parsing error in it.

Great mission. Sorry for the stupid question but, the latest version is 1.7.5? The Altis server I play on has the maps disappearing when people JIP. Looking at this thread it was mentioned in August and a reply was made to put in a bug report. Over there it's stated also in August ''Already fixed in 1.8.0''. So that means it's been fixed and will work in the next released....right?...or am I missing an obvious updated download link somewhere?