Never used autoinit... don't think anybody else does :D

Also you don't need to add a mission-cycle on your server, when you don't plan to host a public server with map rotation (who wants this?!?). Just login as admin and select the mission. No need to bugger about with params and mission init on config level.

When you edit the escape params in the MP lobby and you select "Use below and save" all settings are saved upon mission restart and you don't need to change them again (you won't see the loaded params until the mission is started).

Just a quick question, how would I go about specifying the mission parameters from the server.cfg file?

I want to increase the EnemyFrequency parameter to see if I encounter the AI more frequently.

Does something like this look right?

class Missions{
    class Mission1{
        template="co10_Escape.Altis";
        difficulty="Regular";
	class Params{
		EnemyFrequency = 2;
	};
    };
};

Just for completeness, in-case someone else asks the same question, the below seems to work:

class Missions {
	class Mission_1 {
		template = "co10_Escape_CUP-US.Chernarus";
		difficulty = "regular";
		class Params {
			Param_EnemySkill = 2;
			Param_EnemyFrequency = 2;
			Param_VillageSpawnCount = 10000;
		};
        };
};

Never used autoinit... don't think anybody else does :D

Also you don't need to add a mission-cycle on your server, when you don't plan to host a public server with map rotation (who wants this?!?). Just login as admin and select the mission. No need to bugger about with params and mission init on config level.

When you edit the escape params in the MP lobby and you select "Use below and save" all settings are saved upon mission restart and you don't need to change them again (you won't see the loaded params until the mission is started).

Thanks for the info, I didn't know that  :)

I was thinking of making the server public at some stage and I just wanted to load a specific map on server startup.

I try your way described above in the meantime.

Thanks all for the assistance thus far.

Just another quick question, is it possible to save the mission state, so that we can start off where we left the last time, or is it one of those missions where you have to complete it in one "session"?

Just another quick question, is it possible to save the mission state, so that we can start off where we left the last time, or is it one of those missions where you have to complete it in one "session"?

You can't really save multiplayer sessions in ArmA.

In theory you have to complete the mission in one session. But most squads won't complete the mission at all in their first few tries.

Sorry to butt in here, not sure how it would work with this particular mission, but in the server.cfg you can enable persistence so the mission continues even after the last player disconnects, so when you rejoin the server each players status should be the same as when you last disconnected.

You can't really save multiplayer sessions in ArmA.

In theory you have to complete the mission in one session. But most squads won't complete the mission at all in their first few tries.

Thanks, 6 of us (4 mates and 2 public players) tried it last night and got our arses handed to us  :)  We managed to navigate to one ? location, then we all got nuked by an enemy tank, lol. Anyhow, I was hoping to save state, but alas, no-can-do. Thanks for the info.

PS: Will you be supporting the autoinit feature of the dedicated server at some point, or is this "bug" going to be a non-starter for you guys?

Sorry to butt in here, not sure how it would work with this particular mission, but in the server.cfg you can enable persistence so the mission continues even after the last player disconnects, so when you rejoin the server each players status should be the same as when you last disconnected.

I have the persistence setting enabled already, I think in this particular missions case, when everyone dies/leaves, the mission is automatically reset back to the lobby, therefor the persistence feature in server.cfg doesn't actually "work" for this particular mission. Thanks for the hint though.

The mission ends, when no player is conscious. That includes the case when there is no player at all ;)

• Like 1

Hey guys I've got a problem when loading the game, when I play by myself the game runs fine. But when a friend joins they fall through the ground and die. Is there a way to fix this?

Thanks

Frontpost clearly states that this mission will only run with a dedicated server.

Use a real dedicated server or play the newest version from the dev repository (experimental).

Good morning folks!

We worked hard on the escape in the last few weeks and I think we are getting close to a new release.

It would be really nice if some of you guys could test the latest "bleeding-edge" build with number 62 from the repository (or click here).

The main changes in the newest update will be:

• Type of the search chopper can be set (Normal mix, less armed, highly armed).
  • Overhauled revive cam with mouse controls. 1st person perspective (num enter) in cam.
  • A lot of performance optimization.
  • Preventing of players becoming renegades (resulting in problems entering vehicles together).
  • Some radio messages for immersion (when anybody wants to do a voiceover, please contact me via PM).
  • Flags in camps are now showing the proper faction (!!!)
  • Added Abramia
  • Improved briefing (better description of tasks, also now shown before mission start again).
  • New prison template (HESCO insteadt of the thin metal fences). Also a including a Fanta.
  • Better placement of structures on slopes.
  • New weather script.
  • Extraction is now triggered by throwing smoke or flare.
  • A lot of bugfixes.
  • And much more.

You can check the full git changelog for build 62 here.

I am mostly interested if everything works as expected, especially the extraction as the end, as we had some problems with it when testing, but had to few successful attempts to fully debug ;)

Oh, and everyone is invited to register with my Phabricator instance and post bugs there: http://phab.anzp.de/

• Like 2

Very nice NeoArmageddon! I'll test it on my server tonight with a couple of friends. It's nice to see your still developing this mission.

Good morning folks!

We worked hard on the escape in the last few weeks and I think we are getting close to a new release.

It would be really nice if some of you guys could test the latest "bleeding-edge" build with number 62 from the repository (or click here).

The main changes in the newest update will be:

• Type of the search chopper can be set (Normal mix, less armed, highly armed).
  • Overhauled revive cam with mouse controls. 1st person perspective (num enter) in cam.
  • A lot of performance optimization.
  • Preventing of players becoming renegades (resulting in problems entering vehicles together).
  • Some radio messages for immersion (when anybody wants to do a voiceover, please contact me via PM).
  • Flags in camps are now showing the proper faction (!!!)
  • Added Abramia
  • Improved briefing (better description of tasks, also now shown before mission start again).
  • New prison template (HESCO insteadt of the thin metal fences). Also a including a Fanta.
  • Better placement of structures on slopes.
  • New weather script.
  • Extraction is now triggered by throwing smoke or flare.
  • A lot of bugfixes.
  • And much more.

Excellent work guys (and gals), I've updated our server with build 62 now and will let you know if we spot anything out of the norm.

Oh, and everyone is invited to register with my Phabricator instance and post bugs there: http://phab.anzp.de/

I've registered on the site, but how do I go about posting a bug there. I don't seem to have permission to create a bug for Escape.

Just for reference, I get the following, repeatedly, while the mission is running:

10:54:50 Error in expression <_unit = _units select 0;
_group = group _unit;

_group
};

drn_fnc_Escape_Create>
10:54:50   Error position: <_unit;

_group
};

drn_fnc_Escape_Create>
10:54:50   Error Undefined variable in expression: _unit
10:54:50 File mpmissions\__cur_mp.Stratis\Scripts\Escape\Functions.sqf, line 271
10:54:50 Error in expression <
_dir = random 360;
_refPosX = ((getPos _refUnit) select 0) + (_minSpawnDistance>
10:54:50   Error position: <_refUnit) select 0) + (_minSpawnDistance>
10:54:50   Error Undefined variable in expression: _refunit
10:54:50 File mpmissions\__cur_mp.Stratis\Scripts\Escape\Functions.sqf, line 636
_dir = random 360;
10:54:50   Error position: <_refUnit) select 0) + (_minSpawnDistance>
10:54:50   Error Undefined variable in expression: _refunit
10:54:50 File mpmissions\__cur_mp.Stratis\Scripts\Escape\Functions.sqf, line 636
_dir = random 360;

I have the full RPT file, which I was planning on attaching to the bug report, which may assist you all more in debugging.

The above doesn't appear to be breaking the mission (although I cannot absolutely verify it), but it does log the above error messages continously for the duration of the mission, once the mission resets back to the lobby then the errors stop.

I've registered on the site, but how do I go about posting a bug there. I don't seem to have permission to create a bug for Escape.

Go to Maniphest-application and you should have a "Create Task" in the upper right corner. Tag the ticket with "Escape".

Go to Maniphest-application and you should have a "Create Task" in the upper right corner. Tag the ticket with "Escape".

Hi NeoArmageddon,  when I click "Create Task" in Maniphest, a popup window appears with the message "You do not have permission to create these objects.".

Hi NeoArmageddon,  when I click "Create Task" in Maniphest, a popup window appears with the message "You do not have permission to create these objects.".

Should work now.

For some reason, when attempting to edit this mission to work with Zeus on Altis (also attempted to add more player slots, but it was doing this beforehand too), it freezes up when attempting to test it locally. The loading bar finishes then it just sits at that screen. I haven't edited much, except added a parameter for Moderator permissions, and added everything needed to get Zeus to work in Eden, but nothing happens when it loads up. Just freezes.

Is it because it's hosted locally? I honestly have no idea why it wouldn't be working.

EDIT: Might also be worth pointing out I've only tested it so far while trying to log in as the Zeus with no other players.

EDIT AGAIN: After testing it with other players, they load up to the map but I don't. So I think it might be my problem with how I set up the Zeus slots, which I have no idea why it'd do that but I'm clueless at this point.

Edited by Codac

For some reason, when attempting to edit this mission to work with Zeus on Altis (also attempted to add more player slots, but it was doing this beforehand too), it freezes up when attempting to test it locally. The loading bar finishes then it just sits at that screen. I haven't edited much, except added a parameter for Moderator permissions, and added everything needed to get Zeus to work in Eden, but nothing happens when it loads up. Just freezes.

Is it because it's hosted locally? I honestly have no idea why it wouldn't be working.

EDIT: Might also be worth pointing out I've only tested it so far while trying to log in as the Zeus with no other players.

EDIT AGAIN: After testing it with other players, they load up to the map but I don't. So I think it might be my problem with how I set up the Zeus slots, which I have no idea why it'd do that but I'm clueless at this point.

No idea. Mission is heavily scripted and was not build with Zeus and Eden in mind. Most likely some incompatibility between the systems and new formats. Eden does a lot of stuff different than the old 2D editor.

select your character in editor, and name it. i think it's actually already named as p1 or something in escape. place curator module (or gamemaster, or zeus, don't know exactly how it's named) set the owner of that module to the name of your character. or preferably, what you should do, but only works on dedicated, is to set the owner of zeus module to #loggedAdmin or something like this, google for the proper parameter. basically whoever is logged in as admin has zeus then. 

edit: i don't think you can edit the mission with 3den though, because it changes the way mission.sqm is built. you may need to do this with a notepad. or a legacy build perhaps..?

First off, thanks a ton for continuing to develop this mission!  It's one of my favorites and I'm really happy to see it in the hands of some folks who know what they're doing. :wub:

After playing with the 1.7.5 "bleeding edge" build from March 21st a bit, I managed to pick up a map on a few occasions (playing solo is rough) and noticed that my position is shown despite the button being disabled at the top.  I'm also able to make waypoints without a GPS and have the marker appear on my HUD.  Points of interest do still show up correctly as question marks however.  Is this intentional behavior, or a side effect of playing on Regular difficulty, or something else?  I noticed the same thing with the March 1st build.

I'm also able to make waypoints without a GPS and have the marker appear on my HUD.  Points of interest do still show up correctly as question marks however.  Is this intentional behavior, or a side effect of playing on Regular difficulty, or something else?  I noticed the same thing with the March 1st build.

That is default behaviour with the regular difficulty on your server and I can't do anything about it mission side.

I strongly suggest editing your server config or always playing on veteran. Maybe I should add a note about this in the briefing.

Aloha :)

Version 1.7.5 is here: http://escape.anzp.de/co10_Escape_v1.7.5.7z

The last release was before christmas, so there were quite a few changes. Apart from bugfixes they include stuff like:

- new missions for Icebreakrs Isla Abramia and Makhnos Al Rayak

- new CUP versions for more terrains, with the new units that were released

- new RHS stuff from the latest updates for the RHS versions (most notably desert camo for the desert terrains)

- new prison and roadblock layouts

- enemies now have a better grasp of suitable positions for their sites (thanks to Abelian) and also employ a greenkeeper for the prisons and comcenters

- new and improved camera while unconscious

- improved briefing, also consideres switched side versions now

- the parameters are sorted now and should be saved even after a server restart

- a new parameter for search chopper type (depending on modset used!), you can choose to not be hunted by a Mi-17 with rocketpods right from the start (or have them always appear)

- the extraction is now triggered by throwing a smoke or a flare, so you can (try to) clean up the area without triggering the helos

- your civilian killing teammates will still be able to drive you

Complete changelog

You can post bugs and ideas here of course, or register on the Escape phabricator board.

If you want to follow development look out for brand new versions (including the not working ones when I break stuff) on the "bleeding edge" repository.

If you port the mission to another terrain let us know, we can include that in our build script. Placing comcenter markers got easier with the 3D editor, but I need to update the example mission.

The unitclasses was cleaned up a bit and there were a few things added, so if you made any versions for yourself look into that. If you made something for a mod we don't use, tell us and maybe we can add that too.

• Like 1